This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rogue
    You know thats ok for the new fans. But the SG-1 fans that have bought all the DVD sets, gone to the Cons, purchased items from their auctions, and watched the show for 8 years deserve better. How hard is it to put a one or two line explaination. If they wanted to start totally fresh they should have renamed the show.

Well to be honest I can't imagine that they won't give any explanation...I mean they did alot of stupid things, but that would be insane....I'm quite sure, that we'll get an explanation in a few weeks..the question is just whether we'll like it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      You know thats ok for the new fans. But the SG-1 fans that have bought all the DVD sets, gone to the Cons, purchased items from their auctions, and watched the show for 8 years deserve better. How hard is it to put a one or two line explaination. If they wanted to start totally fresh they should have renamed the show.

I agree 100 % and it's bad , bad and bad and I did mention it in the other forum that new SG1 was hard to swallow for the dedicated fans because of the Sam and Jack ship and the lack of resolution before going to something new .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
        Well to be honest I can't imagine that they won't give any explanation...I mean they did alot of stupid things, but that would be insane....I'm quite sure, that we'll get an explanation in a few weeks..the question is just whether we'll like it or not.

I think we'll get an aknowledgement of mariage between Sam and Jack but they are not part of the storyline in season 9 ...therefore we won't get anything else .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
          I thought I was the only one who didn't get what he was saying? Who was he
          referring to and if he doesn't care what the fans think, why say that? I'm confused!

Has Daniel got more fans than Jack ?!! I should not think so because Jack was the soul of the show .
          I suppose Daniel will become the favourite now but I'm not that keen on Daniel myself since he came back from his ascension only because Jonas had to leave and I didn't like that .Jonas was great and should not have left the show ..and I prefered innocent Daniel from season 1 to 4
          Don't like him as he is now ..He thinks he knows too much and he does speak too fast and is not very verstile anymore .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
            I think we'll get an aknowledgement of mariage between Sam and Jack but they are not part of the storyline in season 9 ...therefore we won't get anything else .

Caty
            If they are now married , isn't Sam's character going to be writte differently then in previous seasons. Happily married people tend to act a certain way, especially recently married people. If they are away from their love one- forget it! You can't miss that!
            sigpic

Comment

Hi shippers am trying to stay in my happy place (as oppposed to RL), so am only taking note of the positive comments on this thread lol. Am holding out for even the mearest sidgen of ship, or even hints of ship (isnt imagination a wonderful thing ).

Have busted my toe today, so added to my already busted ankle, which is the other leg am in bad shape at the mo (fortunatley I have a high pain thresh hold). So RL sucks busted body parts and stressful day at work what more did a girl need than Silvas lil ship fic. THANKYOU you saved my sanity (and blood pressure).

So heres to choc chip cookies, choc fudge brownie flavour milkshake and a lovely shippy fic before. Guess whos gonna be dreaming sweet dreams tonight

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                If they are now married , isn't Sam's character going to be writte differently then in previous seasons. Happily married people tend to act a certain way, especially recently married people. If they are away from their love one- forget it! You can't miss that!
                Speculations only about Sam's return to SG1 .

. I suppose it will be a bit clearer when Sam returns to SG1 ..She may be written differently and should be relatively happy even if she does not see Jack much .At least they are together and this is what matters .
                I think writting Sam differently will be the only clue we get for a while ..plus a phone call ..and we'll get the acknowedgement of mariage later on just to surprise more than one fan.

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
                  Ok, I agree with you after re-reading it again. I do know that I'm not the only one who read that the wrong way. Hopefully they'll re-read his quote too. I'm just very emotional today. It would have been hubby and mine's 25th anniversary................'nough said...

Poz
                  (((SG1Poz))) Being emotional is good

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    Transcript from ComicCon...Amanda answers question about Sam and Jack:

Questioner: And a lot of us loved Threads and Moebius; but we're wondering what's going on with Sam and Jack now.

(audience cheers)

Amanda: We talk on the phone. (audience laughs) You know it's actually uh very cleverly ambiguous...which um...Robert came up with this great way of sort of "Are they together/are they not/what's going on"...and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens. (Amanda, who's been smiling the entire time, teases the audience with a different kind of smile) How's that for non-commital?

(audience laughs)

Questioner: Okay...thank you.

Download the clip here: http://www.powerpromoz.com/stargate/...at_samjack.mpg

Oh, thanks so much for posting this! I was the one who asked that question and didn't get the notes as carefully written down as I'd have liked. She was so cute, wasn't she? And Brad (or was it Robert) was so funny commenting that they might have to go with a different "ship" this season...something like "there's some great rapport between her and Beau!"

For anyone who hasn't already seen it, I do have the entire write-up of my notes (certainly not a transcript, but as close as I can get to it) from the SG1 panel here: SG-1 Panel Notes and photos on PegasusGalaxy.com

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
                      Hi shippers am trying to stay in my happy place (as oppposed to RL), so am only taking note of the positive comments on this thread lol. Am holding out for even the mearest sidgen of ship, or even hints of ship (isnt imagination a wonderful thing ).

Have busted my toe today, so added to my already busted ankle, which is the other leg am in bad shape at the mo (fortunatley I have a high pain thresh hold). So RL sucks busted body parts and stressful day at work what more did a girl need than Silvas lil ship fic. THANKYOU you saved my sanity (and blood pressure).

So heres to choc chip cookies, choc fudge brownie flavour milkshake and a lovely shippy fic before. Guess whos gonna be dreaming sweet dreams tonight
                      Sorry, about your ankle and toe. My boss did the exact injuries also. Broke her left ankle then broke two toes on her right foot because of the crutches. Sit back , try to relax and read lots of Sam/Jack fanfics. That will keep your BP down! Feel better!
                      sigpic

Comment

heya!

Read Joe's Blog...I think I know what forum it was...but I'm not saying...It's just one I came accross...

...rest asured it's not us!

((((Poz))))

Somnium!!!!! Welcome to my life! I stood on an electrical plug a week ago and still can't put my heel on the ground. Now, since I'm walking differently (ie. looking like a right idiot!) my whole lower leg is aching...it's so sore!

And one of the people I work with and absolutely hate, is getting promoted over me because she's older, and I might be leaving.

Gr! Not fair!

So I'm remaining in my happy place for the time being...I have my blog to vent!
                        sigpic
                        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1

Caty
                          You think? Really?
                          Hmmm.. don't know...I can't imagine TPTB would let them be married. LOL
                          They didn't even let them really kiss!
                          And - believe it or not - a marriage seems kinda rushed to me. Not sure if I would like that.
                          (what a lousy shipper I am! ) I mean I know they already know each other for 8 years, but that is not the same as having a relationship with someone...so I wouldn't like that. (please don't slap me for that, shippers!)
                          I think we'll get one or two scenes where they indicate that they are together (but not too obvious, so that it could be intepreted differently) and maybe, if we are lucky enough, we'll get one shippy scene at the end of the season and that's it.
                          That's my theory concerning this topic, but who knows...

Comment

Rogue TPTB want us to do all the work.TPTB are too busy with both Shows to explain a little thing like
                            Spoiler:
                            Sam and Jack not being at the SGC.Soon TPTB will stop airing SG-1 episodes and give out all the information on the Show on Gateworld.

Comment

Hey shippy family!

Well, after a long time without a shippy vid, here we have a new one!. This vid is a trailer for a fantastic and wonderful serie of fanfics. Interlude writing by Ruth M. King, Jo. R and Fairygnomes and you can read it here:

Interlude (fanfics)

Interlude Trailer

Music: Come see the Paradise Soundtrack by Randy Edelman
                              Spoilers: Seasons 8
                              Size: 15.17 MB

There will be a new vid in a week or two. It'll one of my best vid (in my opinion). If you like my "Abyss Tribute" vid you will love my "Hidden Truth - Grace Tribute". It's my "shippy point of view" about that ep. It has been a hard work editing the whole ep. It last at the end just 5 minutes with all the best dialogues... and of course the best shippy scenes!

Enjoy!

SNY ^__^

Comment

Originally posted by Sam'sSister
                                And Brad (or was it Robert) was so funny commenting that they might have to go with a different "ship" this season...something like "there's some great rapport between her and Beau!"
                                I hope you are kidding! A ship between AT and Beau Bridges, talk about kissing your way through the ranks. How can that be, isn't that also the breaking regs!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X