This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Silver
    I only wish the ship had been resolved in season 8. If RDA was still wholly part of the show I wouldn't really care about a resolution, as long as we had more hug scenes... But now he's gone, at least partly, and it's like they've left the storyline to fade away without a proper finish.

But I do keep reminding myself to look at what we have as opposed to what we're missing! I.e. Heroes and D&C.
    Exactly! If they had really, definitively resolved the ship with no doubts left as to their relationship, I'd be much more open to the changes and new characters. In fact, I'd probably be fairly satisfied and much more understanding of the need for the changes. And if they had resolved it and moved on, how mad could the anti-Sam & Jack people be? Wouldn't they just calm down (like we're expected to) once the storyline went elsewhere? I think so. Ultimately, there would be no harm done.

On a happier note, Silver, I read your story, A Welcomed Visit, for my bedtime story last night. It was wonderful!!!!! Please write more!

Originally posted by sueKay
    Hey all!

*reaches for pain relief*

Are there any special shipper hangover cures????

Anywho...

Spoiler:
    Ripple Effect is very close the episode ten, which Leanne (misstweedledee) heard was the ep in which the ship is confirmed...
    The fact that RDA *may* be in that episode is for me, very encouraging...
    Also...Beau Bridges recently said that RDA's role is diminished, but that he hasn't actually left the show altogether...
    So...There is hope

Shippers - Making clutching at straws an Art Form!
    So funny, sueKay! I hope
    Spoiler:
    Jack is in Ripple Effect, but you know, we've also speculated that the ep might involve Janet and/or Jacob. I'd love to see any of them, but Jack most of all!
    And I too was encouraged by Beau's remarks. It sounds a little better than what others have been saying, although I expect most of
    Spoiler:
    his "appearances" will be the phone calls
    to which AT alluded at Comic Con.

That's all my time for lunch hour check-in! Back this evening from home!

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
      ok .... where to find the [img].........[/img]
      .. on the lower right hand of a post there is QUOTE and QR
      ...click on one of them and it will take you post with the links
      ....if the post had a picture, the picture link would be manifested by [img]........[/img].
      .....delete only the [img] & [/img] and the picture becomes a link when you repost the message attached with your own personal comments.

You can try it on this post....
      http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...1/PDVD_014.jpg
      Okay, here goes.

Comment

Hello shippers

I've had a crappy day, so expect lots of of snark.

I sincerely doubt
        Spoiler:
        It'll be Janet

When I met Teryl last November, she told me that she hadn't even been back to visit, and she actually sounded quite bitter about the whole thing, and that's very understandeable.

My thoughts are...
        Spoiler:
        Jack or Jacob...or it could be fun to have both! And both actors have hinted at possible appearances!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
          Okay, here goes.
          In the August SciFi magazine they say if you have comments or questions about their programming you can send a email to [email protected].
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz
            Hi Ya! I've been reading (lurking) a while and I have to get something off my chest (unless it's RDA ).

First, Ripple Effect sounds like a title for an AU episode. After suffering through MOBY DICK! I don't think I can stand to watch another one of their AU eps.
            Spoiler:
            Do you really want to see an AU Janet knowing she's not real and won't be back in RL in future episodes?
            I also wonder if they'll just tease us again with another Sam and Jack AU scene. I just don't trust TPTB anymore.
            I'm trying to live up to my moniker but all I see is TPTB throwing negativity at the shippers (Joe Mallozzi's latest blog, http://gateworld.net/blogs/jmallozzi/index.shtml). Don't they see the Shipper numbers here at GW verses any other thread?

((((((Ship Nana!! ))))) Hi there May I please have a few cookies to brighten my shippy spirits?

Poz

Well, there is the Anti-Season 9 thread. As far as the number of shippers, there are tons of them who do not even come to GW. You only have to read the reviews of fans for Sam/Jack fanfic. And then there are the shippers who don't get on the Internet for whatever reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
              Really !! just horizontal !!! Vertical could be passionate too

Caty

Oh Caty, I was trying not to be tooooo greedy and leave a little something for others!
              Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                Hi everyone:

In reading previous posts, I tend to believe that
                Spoiler:
                the character coming back in Ripple Effect is Janet. I'd love to see her back--if only briefly as it still bothers me that she was killed. In terms of Jack returning (as he is a beloved character), I'm hoping that they will do something at the end of the season with Jack/Sam together--if it is nothing more than a phone coversation, or either party mentioning the other. I'm not greedy; at this point when we've had nothing--anything would be better!

Take care everyone.

I think that you are on to something and are probably correct in your analysis as it makes total sense. Not to mention the fact that it sounds just like something that TPTB would do to increase ratings.
                Ship Nana

Comment

Horizontal...Vertical...

how about an 'attack' on all angles
                  sigpic

Comment

Omg guys I'm getting pretty annoyed.... i, as a shipper, keep looking forward to episodes where there MIGHT be ship and it always ends up that there is none! Grrrr...
                    "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
                    and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                      Me , didn't read Meimei fanfic I wish I could but not time
                      Just my imagination running wild

Shipnana will take care of Jack if Sam is too far away

Caty

As the saying goes, if you snooze you lose!

No really, I'm just keeping Jack in condition for when he and his one true love, Sam finally get together. Right? I said, RIGHT?

So you could say that I'm doing Sam a favor, yeah, that's the ticket, I'm doing her a favor. Anyway, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!
                      Ship Nana

Comment

((((SamCarterO'Neill))))

Pull up a beanbag and join us...we feel the exact same way.

Hope you stick around this time

As far as I'm concerned...
                        Spoiler:
                        SG1 finished with Threads, and season nine is another show with cameos from SG1
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamCarterONeill
                          Omg guys I'm getting pretty annoyed.... i, as a shipper, keep looking forward to episodes where there MIGHT be ship and it always ends up that there is none! Grrrr...

Yes, well I've made a decision on how to handle all of this.

I'm just gonna tape each new episode then come to this thread, check out everyone's thoughts on it and whether there is ship or not and then if there is I'll watch that ep. If there isn't any, then I will just happily tape over it!
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                            Well, there is the Anti-Season 9 thread. As far as the number of shippers, there are tons of them who do not even come to GW. You only have to read the reviews of fans for Sam/Jack fanfic. And then there are the shippers who don't get on the Internet for whatever reason.
                            I agree that there are both shippers and non shippers who do not even possess a computer. I also have been lurking at the Anti-Season 9 thread but I was here when my bubble burst and I had to release.
                            I just ask..pulleeze!... that TPTB stop with the AU's and give us something we can sink our teeth into and not get indigestion afterwards. Hmm, I'm hungry.
                            I will continue to watch, hoping that as in the past, the episodes get better.
                            How's that for a 'positive" statement?

Poz

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              ((((SamCarterO'Neill))))

Pull up a beanbag and join us...we feel the exact same way.

Hope you stick around this time

As far as I'm concerned...
                              Spoiler:
                              SG1 finished with Threads, and season nine is another show with cameos from SG1
                              ((((((((sueKay)))))))) *nods* i completely AGREE!
                              "ALWAYS"

SAM/JACK for sg1
                              and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                                Yes, well I've made a decision on how to handle all of this.

I'm just gonna tape each new episode then come to this thread, check out everyone's thoughts on it and whether there is ship or not and then if there is I'll watch that ep. If there isn't any, then I will just happily tape over it!
                                LOL great idea, Ship Nana! I'm taking a similar approach... mine consists of a blank tape in the VCR and quick reflexes
                                "ALWAYS"

SAM/JACK for sg1

Comment

Working...
                                X