This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay...we need to cheer up!!!!!!!

I want people to write drabbles...lots of little drabbles...that place Sam and Jack in strange scenarios! ie. Sam at a science conference and meeting Jack at it, or something else that's crazy!
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Hi Ktthekitty

Welcome (back) to the thread. And congratulations on your baby.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

LUCY, I'M HOME!

Well, I survived the family reunion!! And had to pop in for a good douse of Jack and Sam before making supper.

So, glad to see this family sounding more positive than yesterday.

Billie, you gave me my much needed snort and laugh with Sam's footsie photo!
        Always, HailDorothy

Carter: "You, sir, are an incorrigible lunatic!"
        Jack: "I assume that's a compliment, Carter?"
        Sam: "If you say so, sir."
        Jack: "Hey, T, I think she likes me."
        Teal'c: Indeed!"

(A typical J/S exchange according to HailDorothy)

Find out why Jack and Sam are "THE CHOSEN HEARTS" at my site:
        [URL=http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm]

Comment

Silver - Good to see you remaining optamistic I too am keeping a positive look on things. I will and can make even the tiniest lil snippet of sam/jack seem shippy. You just have to use your imagination .

Suekay - I never tried to write a drabble before but will have a think and see what I can come up with, but only if everyone else gives it a go. Any excuse for some Ship.

Good to hear the AT comments it gives me some hope

Comment

Rogue I remember the Good Days when I could not wait to see episodes like Solitudes and Point of View and 100 Days.When I heard about 100 Days I could not wait to see that episode.It was tough working on the Day and I could not stop looking at my Watch all Day.The last Time I had that feeling was Threads and to me it was a letdown.I told myself before Season 9 that I would not like the Show the same way I liked the Show from Season 1-6 and it has helped a little.It also helps having AT still around and it gives me somone to root for on the Show.I still think we have not seen the last of the Sam and Jack Ship.AT latest commnets have helped.I'am just trying to tell myself there is nothing we can do about the Past and I'am trying to stay positive about the Future of the Sam and Jack Ship.I have great confidence in RDA and AT.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
              Are you kidding? I'd watch RDA stand in line at the Motor Vehicles Department.
              so would i!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Ses - I'm also trying to remain optimistic, but like you I can't work up the enthuisiasm for the show anymore...It's just now as good...it's still a good hour of entertainment and nothing more...The fact that people are loving s9 so far doesn't bother me...I'd rather someone else was enjoying it rather than me.

But I think I personally, have invested too much in the show and in this ship to stop with the fandom. I'll still be coming here long after the show ends. I love the people here...they're great, and if it weren't for them, I would have quit at Moebius.

I'll watch Avalon 2, and from Beach Head onwards...but I really hated Farscape as BB CB seem to like stealing signs (MHO)...I hope they don't do the same here.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                  SCIFI magazine has a article about Season 9 and Beau Bridges says that RDA role will diminshed but he is not leaving the show completely. He will make a few guest appearances during the season. On page 57 of the August edition.

sally
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                    By the time TPTB get them together, if ever, they'll both be on WALKERS and living in a retirement community in Florida!!!

That's ok because after all, Jack was looking forward to playing shuffle board with the fellas in Florida.
                    Can I be on that shuffleboard comitee??
                    Either that or be working at their retirement home since I live in Florida??
                    Come to think of it, that would not be a good thing because I would be arrested for abusing the patients when I knock their heads together for both being sooooo stuborn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by Silver

Everyone seems so depressed. Cheer up! Season nine isn't over yet, it's barely begun! I feel really behind the times because I haven't seen Avalon yet but looking over all these posts I'm not sure I want to! (I noticed Harry Potter was mentioned... you poor reader(s)... HBP really doesn't supply much comfort.)

But despite the sad faces, I am, for the moment, trying to stay positive!
                      I'm not depressed....come to think of it, I'm quite happy about the future of Sam and Jack.

Everyone is depressed because not much (if anything) is being said about it.
                      It is TPTB's little game of trying to get the shippers to stay tuned,because they're not stupid, they know where their bread gets buttered.
                      IMO what they're *not* saying speaks volumes and they're using it as a trump card if the ratings hit the skids and for the power to have a 10th season.
                      One reader on the S/J Yahoo list believes that they are already married and that it will be sprung on us later in the season and I'm beginning to agree with her.

BTW, anyone have a guess on just how much time passed between "Mobius" and "Avalon"??

waterfall

Comment

I have a question...

what exactly is shuffleboard????
                        sigpic

Comment

Suekay told me to come back here.

She said that you guys missed me here.

I believe that to be a lie to get me back here

Anyways... ummm... hi again. I'll probably hang out here for a few days and then get lost and forget to come back again lol.

So umm... You guys probably all seen these already from the shipper day, but if not... Here's some Sam/Jack goodies

And the mini which I have as my av right now:

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

MARTOUFMARTY!!!!!!!!!

Welcome home...I mean...here!!!!!

You used to come here a lot, so please stay again!!!!!!!

Thanks for the heads up on Shuffleboard...I don't think it's a UK thing!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              I have a question...

what exactly is shuffleboard????
                              It's a game.

http://www.shuffleboard.net/

It's like like curling without the cold and the ice.

And table sized

And if you don't know what curling is, you're out of luck with me

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                              Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                                Yeah, I know....*sigh*

I think the point was,
                                Spoiler:
                                that we at least know now that there will be a tiny bit of ship (telephone call) and that AT said: "we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being...and then we'll see what happens." So we hoped there might be the slightest chance that we'll get something....someday.

In other words: Just grasping at straws again...like we always do.
                                Galaxy, thanks for finding and posting that before I returned. I just got through with the new Harry Potter book (reaches for tissue). Glad to see the question is already answered.

I guess what I really took away from Amanda's Comic Con remarks is that those who have been around active fandom for some time say she has never misled the fans before. And, they felt they derived something from her tone of voice when she made the remarks. Yes, vague, I know.....but it's better than nothing. And following my disappointment at Origins, coupled with finishing the 6th Potter book today, I'm not in the happiest of moods.....so I'll take whatever positive that I can glean! Hmmmmm.....now that I'm done with Harry, maybe a good S/J fanfic is what I need......

Comment

Working...
                                X