This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
    I'm sorry to post this again, but I since I posted this late Friday night, I wondered if it might have been missed in all the great posts on Saturday. I would really like to know what others who saw the ep think........

Hubby and I watched the RDA/MS scene back a couple of times (even though I'm very hacked at what a waste of RDA's time it was), and in our most humble (but professional media background) opinion.....

Spoiler:
    .....we don't think they shot the scene together!!!!! Look at how Jack's hand first appears in the front of the picture. Then, while they're talking, you see just the back of one man's head (could have been done with stand-ins or by layering), then the other.

Notice that the only time you actually see them in the frame together is when they're heading to the cafeteria. And I think it looks layered in. I mean, that kind of technology has been available since the 60s. I've heard it called "Patty Duke" technology. If you don't know what that means, ask, and I'll explain.

If hubby and I are right, it could have been a scheduling thing.....or for some other reason, they couldn't or wouldn't be on the set at the same time. Couple that with the fact that Gekko is no longer involved in the show, and I can't help but wonder if some people may have had a serious parting of the ways.

Please look at the scene again if you can, and let me know what you think. I'm don't mean to be negative, but this scene just doesn't look consistent with the way the show is filmed. There has to be some reason.

Again, I'm leaning on Amanda's comments at Comic Con, and her history of being a good barometer for fans. We know she also tries to be as truthful as she can be without revealing the plots. If I didn't have faith in that, I'd be totally ticked off!

Ok.....I'll check back in a few hours. Gotta go finish Harry Potter before I find out somewhere else
    Spoiler:
    who dies!
    I think the end of Origins was a cut and paste job. The crane shot in Avalon 1 of the chess game was obviously not RDA, but they could have decided they needed that shot after RDA went home, and why have him come all the way back just for a back of the head shot. I have no explanation for last night though. Maybe MS wasn't available the same day as RDA?

As for Harry Potter. You can come back here for comfort. I did.
    sig by PM

Comment

I can't say that RDA's appearances in those two episodes was a
      Spoiler:
      waste
      , it got all of you to watch!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
        Spoiler:
        waste
        Are you kidding? I'd watch RDA stand in line at the Motor Vehicles Department.
        sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by alittletoolate
          The thing is with the regs it wa sa very convenient reason for them not to be together all this time. Even after all that's happened. UST sells, it was obvious it did because of the success of the X-Files and the whole M/S deal. So they needed something that good but the whole reletioship between M and S was very different, there were different reasons keeping them apart and they were closer on other levels.

Sam and Jack needed something else to keep them apart that wasn't of their control because it was blindingly obvious from early on (to me anyway) that they had it bad for each other.

Does that make any sense?
          The problem I had with M/S was the way it was resolved, when we finally found out for sure that that was Mulders baby.(although, I mean come on, who else's?) That one guy confronted Scully, telling her how lonely she was, lonely enough to invite Mulder to her bed, and Scully was crying and looking down like she was ashamed and embarrassed. It was just a let down, and I don't want something similar for J/S. Nothing but happy things for them please!!
          Oh XF was the show that I discovered online fanfic. I've known about fanfic through Star Trek years and years ago, but I never thought about it online! D'uh. I was catching up with a friend I hadn't seen in years and asked her what she'd been up to lately, she said 'writing erotic fiction' and laughed.
          S/J fanfic is just the best. There are some really talented writers out there who can provide us with our shippy fix!!
          sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
            Of course it does! I totally agree!

I think I'll watch some X-Files eps tonight....
            Good because I was starting to confuse myself there a little. Hmmm, maybe I'll go dig out some X-files too, I need to watched the last three seasons so I can actually find out what the hell happened. But that has nothing to so with Sam and Jack.
            sigpic-
            +I thought I was a fool for no one
            but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
              S/J fanfic is just the best. There are some really talented writers out there who can provide us with our shippy fix!!
              There are also some god awful ones too.
              sigpic-

Comment

Spoiler:
                waste
                Lol.

That cracked me up.
                sigpic-

Comment

I was just thinking how my attitude about SG-1 has changed so much over the year. We used to arrange our time around SG-1, to make sure we watched every ep when it aired. Now we record it on the DVR and watch it when ever we have time. I have lost my enthusiasm for the show. The show ended for me at the end of season 7. Season 8 was a joke. I would like to enjoy season 9, but knowing they have screwed us around with Jack and Sam, I can't. I think alot of people feel like I do, I just don't think that TPTB will admit it. They will continue to say that only a small hand full are disappointed and be in denial as the ratings and dvd sales take a nose dive.

What I am afraid of is that they will use Moebius as an scapegoat for anything they want to change. Including Sam and Jacks relationship.
                  Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by alittletoolate
                    There are also some god awful ones too.
                    LOL That's true.
                    But sometimes they are so awful that it's fascinating and then I read them anyway, while making a face the whole time.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      Again, I'm leaning on Amanda's comments at Comic Con, and her history of being a good barometer for fans. We know she also tries to be as truthful as she can be without revealing the plots. If I didn't have faith in that, I'd be totally ticked off!
                      Ok, I obviously missed this one so I'll bite.

What exactly DID Amanda say at Comic Con? *Ship Nana says with fingers, toes and eyes crossed for something positive for our Ship*
                      Ship Nana

Comment

I kinda dwindled off SG-1 around season 5, cause of various things, lack of sky and depression mainly, but picked it all back up again in season 7.
                        sigpic-

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
                          Okay, so I used all the same pics from the same 'Affinity' scene just to turn it into a happier scene. I hated that scene. No happiness at all. Just wanted to keep it simple, Jack's not that complicated.

Thank you for putting up with my rambling pictures. I hope you enjoyed it

I'm having to read backwards thru the thread in order to keep up so I just found your "happier scene" and you just made my day!!

And believe it or not, I think that's exactly how the proposal would go down.

THANK YOU!
                          Ship Nana

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                            LOL That's true.
                            But sometimes they are so awful that it's fascinating and then I read them anyway, while making a face the whole time.
                            I went through a phase like that. Espeically with S/J smut fic, but then after a while I couldn't take anymore.
                            sigpic-

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
                              Ok, I obviously missed this one so I'll bite.

What exactly DID Amanda say at Comic Con? *Ship Nana says with fingers, toes and eyes crossed for something positive for our Ship*
                              tsaxlady posted that in the Sam's a great character - thread:
                              Spoiler:

(....)
                              Okay this one is for all you S/J shipper fans AT was asked 'What about Sam and Jack?' to which she said they are being purpose fully vague about that - but there are a few phone calls - Basically they are leaving it open were people can draw their own conclusions abot what is happening between them.(....)

Comment

Spoiler:
                                waste
                                TIIC playing use for fools. You noticed the ads on SciFi always play up
                                Spoiler:
                                RDA - more of him in the ad than in the show
                                just like the Grace kiss.
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X