Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Humm, my botched up hello musta scared everyone away.

"Hey, Carter, where'd everybody go?"

"I think they're still recovering from Ship Day, sir."

"Well, that means we're alone again and um, we can, well ya know...."

"No, sir, I don't. Perhaps you need to personally refresh my memory."

"Sweet!"
    Always, HailDorothy

Carter: "You, sir, are an incorrigible lunatic!"
    Jack: "I assume that's a compliment, Carter?"
    Sam: "If you say so, sir."
    Jack: "Hey, T, I think she likes me."
    Teal'c: Indeed!"

(A typical J/S exchange according to HailDorothy)

Find out why Jack and Sam are "THE CHOSEN HEARTS" at my site:
    [URL=http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm]

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
      Thank you all for your birthday wishes. The S/J Ship Family is the best. Can't wish for more on my BD!
      I know I'm a bit late, and it's almost over, but Happy Birthday anyway, Dani! Hope it was one of the best!
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ship Nana
        I can't even bring myself to watch the new season. And during Ship Day I wondered why that was.

So I thought about it and realized that if TPTB had allowed Sam and Jack to take that final step to be together as a couple with Jack in Washington, and Sam, well, doing what Sam needed to do with the SGC and/or Area 51, then I think I could've moved on with the new characters. They could have had the very occasional mention of Jack by Sam and I would've been happy knowing that Jack was still out there somewhere with his love for Sam and hers for him.

There just wasn't that final closure for me where I really felt that they were together and I sure didn't think that TPTB would reference the Ship in Season 9 if they couldn't hardly deal with it in 8 complete seasons.

I just couldn't open myself up for more hoping, and waiting and waiting and hoping and accepting what crumbs TPTB threw our way. Sometimes we even had to look really hard to see those crumbs and sometimes we even made our own crumbs when we weren't given any.

TPTB treatment of Jack, from what all of you have said, in the new season is just further comfirmation of how I feel.

I'll keep checking in from time to time because I really do love the Shipper Family and well, I guess I can't help myself. I'm just a weak Shipper and the niggling thing called hope creeps up on me and so I stop in to see if anything has changed. And then I remember TPTB and I get a grip on myself.

Love to you all. (((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))

Sam and Jack forever!
        Ship Nana, you said this perfectly, and it's *exactly* how I feel and why I'm not watching this season. But I still come here, whether it makes me happy or depressed. I know the Family will be supportive.

<heavy sigh>
        - Mary
        SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
        Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Hmmm.... I may be weird on this one, but my fav is the scene from the end of Entity where Sam's unconcious and Jack's just sitting there with her. I feel like that scene was extremely shippy from a shipper's point of view but it was also a scene where the comraderie of SG1 could be seen as Janet and then Teal'c and Daniel came in. Entity is probably one of my top five fav eps. I think, however, that I should make a disclaimer on any fav eps as it depends entirely on my mood at the moment!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
            JM is lurking! I know that you are out there! Keep posting! Wouldn't be lurking if not interested in the response to show! Why was Jack made a Major General?
            Good question. It does seem a little ridiculous after being a one-star for a measly one year. What does their beloved Air Force Advisor say about THAT?? Oh, what was that? The Advisor only dictates whether or not we get ship? They can break any other USAF procedure they want, just not the ship? Oh, yes . . . I forgot about that.

<end snark>
            - Mary

Comment

Originally posted by HailDorothy
              Humm, my botched up hello musta scared everyone away.

"Hey, Carter, where'd everybody go?"

"I think they're still recovering from Ship Day, sir."

"Well, that means we're alone again and um, we can, well ya know...."

"No, sir, I don't. Perhaps you need to personally refresh my memory."

"Sweet!"
              Hi HailDorothy! The shipper are little depressed after last night show-which I won't watch! Won't give JM the venting satisfaction. We love your fics-read them a few months back and just started on Charades. It will take time to finish, have three teenagers at home! Thanks for dropping in.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                Good question. It does seem a little ridiculous after being a one-star for a measly one year. What does their beloved Air Force Advisor say about THAT?? Oh, what was that? The Advisor only dictates whether or not we get ship? They can break any other USAF procedure they want, just not the ship? Oh, yes . . . I forgot about that.

<end snark>
                I love Jack but what did he do to get another star. He isn't even happy with the first one, now a second one? On-less with M2, the time line did change more then we were left to think (not only fish in the pond).
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Terrah
                  Hi all
                  I thought I would post a couple of pics, I have been busy updating the last vid I did, a Sam Jack vid, hope you like it. Woman - By John Lennon
                  My site

This one needs a caption
                  Click me

Click me 2
                  Terrah. Fantastic vid. Thank you.
                  always and forever
                  My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                  My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

I don't come around often, and I haven't looked at all the new messages, so this may have already been mentioned.
                    Spoiler:
                    In the last episode, when Jack is flying in the F302, Mitchell mentioned that he didn't think those things could be taken out for a joy ride. Jack responds that one of the great things about being a general is that you can do pretty much *anything*. Was that a hint?

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                      Hi HailDorothy! The shipper are little depressed after last night show-which I won't watch! Won't give JM the venting satisfaction. We love your fics-read them a few months back and just started on Charades. It will take time to finish, have three teenagers at home! Thanks for dropping in.
                      Hi, Trupi, and everyone else hanging out here tonight,

Yeah I'm not to happy about last night either. But because I've yet to figure out the Spoiler keys instructions, I can only say, I'll probably wait until Sam returns before I watch anymore. I had trouble with my VCR and knew it wasn't good, when I didn't panic like I did last season when that happened. I didn't bother to retape the beginning on the second showing later last night. Wasn't worth it. I'm not even impressed with the new bad guys. Geesh!

But I'm tickled pink that you like my fics. VBG
                      Always, HailDorothy

Comment

Originally posted by yasmins
                        I don't come around often, and I haven't looked at all the new messages, so this may have already been mentioned.
                        Spoiler:
                        In the last episode, when Jack is flying in the F302, Mitchell mentioned that he didn't think those things could be taken out for a joy ride. Jack responds that one of the great things about being a general is that you can do pretty much *anything*. Was that a hint?

WELCOME, YASMINS!!!
                        I wish it were a hint.
                        Spoiler:
                        I wish that "anything" meant getting around the military ranks and protocol to have a relationship with Carter but I don't think so. But, those are the kinds of questions we Shippers sometimes ask as we look for the bones that TPTB occasionally throw us! Hee, hee!! I was wondering about Jack's response to Daniel's question about why he was in the SGC. Jack explained that he was,"...in the neighborhood." Mmmm, NEIGHBORHOOD? Is this a hint? Neighborhood meaning the nearby southwest U.S. which includes Nevada where Carter is posted at Area 51?? Alas, I'm doubtful. Wish I could be more positive!!!
                        Again, welcome!!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by HailDorothy
                          Hi, Trupi, and everyone else hanging out here tonight,

Yeah I'm not to happy about last night either. But because I've yet to figure out the Spoiler keys instructions, I can only say, I'll probably wait until Sam returns before I watch anymore. I had trouble with my VCR and knew it wasn't good, when I didn't panic like I did last season when that happened. I didn't bother to retape the beginning on the second showing later last night. Wasn't worth it. I'm not even impressed with the new bad guys. Geesh!

But I'm tickled pink that you like my fics. VBG
                          Hail Dorothy,
                          Glad you're back!! Spoiler tags, you ask? Well, I wrestled with that one for awhile myself but here's the way I would explain it:

[type the word spoiler] write what you want to be hidden [type the symbol back slash before the word spoiler]

OK, give it a whirl!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Mary TPTB sure Love to pick and chose which Regs they follow.The Sam and Jack Ship being against the Regs has been a nice little crutch for TPTB.I could be wrong but I though I heard SG-1 Close Friendship is against the Regs.It's a TV show about Aliens and 2 great character cannot be together.Someone tell me how that makes sense and someone tell me why I keep putting up with it.

Comment

Spoiler:
                              This is a test. Hey, Nell. I graduated!!
                              Always, HailDorothy

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                Mary TPTB sure Love to pick and chose which Regs they follow.The Sam and Jack Ship being against the Regs has been a nice little crutch for TPTB.I could be wrong but I though I heard SG-1 Close Friendship is against the Regs.It's a TV show about Aliens and 2 great character cannot be together.Someone tell me how that makes sense and someone tell me why I keep putting up with it.
                                You're right, it's definitely been a major crutch for them. Or, simply put, an excuse for not resolving it. Any time it comes up, and they don't want to deal with it, they throw out the "regs" card.

As for what the *real* USAF regs say, the non-frat regs and related rules include any close relationship between a superior and an underling that could affect performance or make it look like that person got preferential treatment. This includes civilians, as well as non-sexual friendships. So, basically, Jack's friendships with Teal'c and Daniel are also breaking the frat regs, but the Advisor doesn't mention that.

Some time ago, either here or on the Samandjack Yahoo list, somebody posted the entire regulation that affects Sam and Jack, and this is true. But it's also true that many officers we've talked with say that as long as Sam and Jack being together didn't create issues, their superiors would turn a blind eye to it if this were real life. I'm not sure who irritates me more: TPTB who let the USAF dictate to them, or the USAF people who are pushing this non-realistic version of their organization.
                                - Mary

Comment

Working...
                                X