Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something pretty... not entirely Sam/Jack this time.. but they're a big part of it

Dancer of Spaz... this is stage 1 of your idea
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
      It's a shame that most of you say it was a
      Spoiler:
      waste of RDA's screentime.
      I was really looking forward to seeing him....
      I feel SO CHEATED. Saying he was going to be two episodes...I though at least he'd be
      Spoiler:
      PART OF THE PLOT!!
      AAAARGH.
      But I say it all the time (and I truly have FAITH)... Shippers, don't worry:
      I read
      Spoiler:
      I read...about Jack leaving the SGC without explanation blah blah...... he's sold his house in the Springs...
      ...at least he'll still have his cabin so he and Sam can go fishing to their hearts' content!
      AGAIN: TPTB love us. J/S are together. The Edited-to-1-hour-Threads PROOVED it, beyond a reasonable doubt. (Anybody wanna argue about that?)
      Once Amanda's back, hopefully things will be more enjoyable and we'll finally get those answers!
      AGAIN: It will be low-key. There will be lots of "3-day weekends" for Sam even after she returns...even if they don't say why.
      AGAIN: Don't worry.

Comment

Hi Shippers!! I too was disappointed in last nights episode, because sadly I actually started out liking the episode. I posted this on another thread, but last nights episode wasn't filled with bad jokes and innuendos. It was more mature (yay writers ). However, TPTB ruined it for me in the end.

I actually looked forward to RDA return all week. I rushed home to watch it and missed the first 5 minutes and thought I missed him. I kept wondering where he was and if TPTB decided to take his scenes out
        Spoiler:
        Now that I saw it. I'm still wondering if they cut scenes. It did not showcase his talents at all. What angers me even further is that Mitchell had more O'Neill lines than Jack did. To me TPTB are writing Mitchell to be O'Neill. Are the afraid if they allow RDA to come back and react as he always have we will miss him and want him back? it's like they are purposefully downplaying his character!! When did Jack get a personality alteration???
        Okay I think that I am through ranting for the moment. I can't believe the show aired last night and I am still upset about.

I loved the question LOL4JACK asked JM last night. I want to ask JM in a polite way why TPTB are downplaying Jack's role, is it too showcase Mitchell who is a younger version of O'Neill . RDA is a tremendous actor and his talents are not being used on Stargate. Any suggestions as to how to ask the questions nicely?? and not get edited by the MODs like my last question? Can anyone help? I'm not being critical of BB who I do like, but I'm still not sold on the Mitchell character.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
          Something pretty... not entirely Sam/Jack this time.. but they're a big part of it

Dancer of Spaz... this is stage 1 of your idea

Myrth loved the picture you psoted! Great work!

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
            Yeah...where is everyone????

Spoiler:
            We just need to hang on until the Ripple Effect...I'm SURE that's when we'll get the answer to the Golden Question!

SueKay ..Everybody is just fed up to sit in front of theTV screen every Friday night and expect to see Jack ( or at least this week) either in some kind of sensible role instead of not being part of the story ...or even expect a mention of his relationship to Sam ..That is it Suekay Just imagine how the other 5 weeks are gonna be like !!!
            And when Sam comes back I'm pretty sure she will say something like "I had my reasons" ..Pretty pathetic I know .
            The Sam and Jack ship will only be re-open right at the end for the party when you see them turning up together ..I also bet this will not be a big deal either ..because the ship would have been so ignored it would be really weird to have Sam and Jack with a big honking kiss as their relationship was not included in season 9 at all

Caty

Comment

~Jack is a model picture of a very modern major general!~ Lets break out in song! (If you don't know, "Gilbert and Sullivan's Pirates of Penzance".)
              sigpic

Comment

Tired of that cr@p TPTB are serving up this season?
                May I suggest

Virtual Season 9

http://www.vs9.jackfic.com/main.htm

There are promotional videos for this season as well.
                sigpic
                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by Zoser
                  Tired of that cr@p TPTB are serving up this season?
                  May I suggest

Virtual Season 9

http://www.vs9.jackfic.com/main.htm

There are promotional videos for this season as well.
                  Thanks Zoser for the website. I didn't even know such site existed. I looked at several "episode" titles and they look very interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                    Great points sg-1 fanintn.I think I like the
                    Spoiler:
                    Ori better than the Goa'uld.It is nice to see a serious enemy.Now for the bad.I cannot take the Daniel and Vala Show.Enough already.The rest of the characters are like Wallpaper.Why is Vala getting all this screen time when the character will be gone in a couple of weeks? I know Sam is not around yet but why not have Daniel Mitchell and Teal'c together for more than 5 seconds.The Jack scene was just horrible.What was the point?It really was better not to have Jack tonight.Why did we not see Jack talking with Daniel and Teal'c? We learned nothing about the what the Jack character will be doing.Sam cannot be back fast enough.The Ori were the only reason I did not fall asleep.If things do not change real quick I'am not sure how I can keep on watching.I hope the Sam and Jack Ship is worth it.

SES ..I just think that
                    Spoiler:
                    tptb is bored stiff about the Stargate SG1 show but they still carry on to make more money targeting the farscape fans ..I know it for a fact ..
                    I post in another forum where nobody used to watch Stargate SG1 before ..They know nothing about Jack and Sam ship ..but as soon as they knew about BB and CB joinig in ..they started watching it and yes they like it ..they even like the Vala/Daniel ship .
                    As for JACK having a
                    Spoiler:
                    non sense part in
                    Origins ..they could not care less..They do not know the character ..they only want to watch the show for BB , CB and Beau ...This is so sad , it makes me want to throw up

TPTB is targeting the farscape fans . they do not care about the real fans of the SG1 of the 8 previuos years
                    Spoiler:
                    otherwise they (tptb) would have increased the interaction between Jack/Daniel/Teal'c .All that is very upsetting for all Stargate fans ..shippers and non-shippers ..I think all Stargate fans in general will be against what TPTB is doing to the old team . and very indeed .

Caty
                    Last edited by Catysg1; 30 July 2005, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Emilee108
                      Ses110, I agree with you...
                      Spoiler:
                      I actually like the Ori....I think they will be an awesome enemy and it will be interesting to see what they are capable of doing.
                      The thing that I'm really disappointed and frusterated with is the fact that the audience has no idea why Jack left, why Sam left, or why Daniel was going to leave. And I really did think that we were going to get something tonight to let us know where Jack has been.....but nothing! It's been three episodes! I swear TPTB are really desperate to string us a long. It's getting real tiring. I was looking forward to seeing Jack because I thought we would have gotten maybe a subtle hint of Sam or why Jack left and where has he been?
                      Some of you have mentioned already that Jack saying, "Oh I was just in the neighborhood.." May have been a subtle hint to him seeing Sam....but Sam isn't in the neighborhood. She's at area 51!
                      Oh and I have to admit that I did like Vala in this episode because she was more serious and actually interesting.....but have you seen the trailers for the next episode? It's back to the sex-driven, jokester, and selfish character that I didn't really like to begin with. I don't know if I want to watch the next episode. Maybe I'll have to record it and see what you all have to say about it and see if it's worth watching.
                      Anyway...I would have liked this episode a ton better, even with all of the Daniel/Vala scenes, if the guest appearance with RDA was handled better. Despite that I guess it was an okay episode. I'm just bored with all of these characters. I'm just hoping and praying that when Amanda/Sam comes back that things will smooth out and we will have a team again.

~*~Emilee~*~

I hope so Emilee with Sam around it should be
                      Spoiler:
                      a bit better
                      but I would
                      Spoiler:
                      not expect a mention of ship on Sam's part or anybody else for that respect ..The only ship TBtp is interested now is Vala/Daniel ship . Thsi is so bad on TPTB's part , it makes me cringe and all sad for all of the SG1 fans out there

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        SES ..I just think that
                        Spoiler:
                        tptb is bored stiff about the Stargate SG1 show but they still carry on to make more money targeting the farscape fans ..I know it for a fact ..
                        I post in another forum where nobody used to watch Stargate SG1 before ..They know nothing about Jack and Sam ship ..but as soon as they knew about BB and CB joinig in ..they started watching it and yes they like it ..they even like the Vala/Daniel ship .
                        As for JACK having a
                        Spoiler:
                        non sense part in
                        Origins ..they could not care less..They do not know the character ..they only want to watch the show for BB , CB and Beau ...This is so sad , it makes me want to throw up

TPTB is targeting the farscape fans . they do not care about the real fans of the SG1 of the 8 previuos years
                        Spoiler:
                        otherwise they (tptb) would have increased the interaction between Jack/Daniel/Teal'c .All that is very upsetting for all Stargate fans ..shippers and non-shippers ..I think all Stargate fans in general will be against what TPTB is doing to the old team . and very indeed .

Caty
                        Sadly I think you are right. I have read some of these posts from Farscape fans and they are the target audience now for the New Stargate. I think if we are unhappy we should post a nicely worded question to JM (not attacking) just to let him know that we are unhappy and all is not good with the fans from the original Stargate. I understand he will never answer them, but at least he will read them. We won't change anything in the first part of the season, but we might for the 2nd part of the season. Or at least give TPTB something to think about. They have the potential to make a great S9, but for me all the pieces are not there... yet.

Comment

Does somebody know if Avalon 1 and 2 ..and Origins did well in the ratings at all ?

I want season 9 to tank big time ...and may be we'll have the ending we deserve with Sam .......and JACK returning to SG1 too .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
                            Sadly I think you are right. I have read some of these posts from Farscape fans and they are the target audience now for the New Stargate. I think if we are unhappy we should post a nicely worded question to JM (not attacking) just to let him know that we are unhappy and all is not good with the fans from the original Stargate. I understand he will never answer them, but at least he will read them. We won't change anything in the first part of the season, but we might for the 2nd part of the season. Or at least give TPTB something to think about. They have the potential to make a great S9, but for me all the pieces are not there... yet.

According to his blog he is well aware that not everyone is happy about season 9 so far....so I doubt that will make a difference.

But I'm really willing to give season 9 a chance. I'm waiting for Sam's return and then I will see if I still like the show or not. At the moment I feel like it's not the same show I used to watch and love, but maybe that will change after beachhead...I really hope so.

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                              Does somebody know if Avalon 1 and 2 ..and Origins did well in the ratings at all ?

I want season 9 to tank big time ...and may be we'll have the ending we deserve with Sam .......and JACK returning to SG1 too .

Caty

The ratings for Avalon 1 were quite disappointing and for Avalon 2 not really better...here are the links:

Avalon 1:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...ngsfailt.shtml

Avalon 2:

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...ywithava.shtml

Sorry, don't know anything about Origin...

Comment

I'm not trying to start a S9 ban or anything like that. I know several people have expressed their disapointment. I guess as long as TPTB know that not everyone is thrilled with this new show that they have developed then maybe that's all that can be done. Although JM metioned there were only a handful that didn't like it (I think there may be a few more than that). I know there are fans that (gasp)hate the J/S ship moments. (what are thery thinking ) So now they are thrilled with this new show. I guess I should be happy with the 8 years that I did watch and allow the others to have their show now.

I too am looking forward to Sam's return in Beachhead!! I am still hopefull that there will be J/S moments!!
                                Last edited by ann_sgcfan; 30 July 2005, 09:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X