Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I've been reading all of your thoughts on Season 9 of Stargate, as I'm in Melbourne, it hasn't come on TV yet...if Channel 7 actually EVER get their act together and take the stupid footy off.

I wasn't really looking forward to watching season 9... a stargate without Jack and Sam... just doesn't sound right to me. Now I've been reading all your comments, it sounds even worse!!!

But still, in the words of Sam... "still trying to keep positive."

Have a great weekend... and remember when you're feeling low...just do what I've been doing, get your SG-1 DVDs and watch all your favourite 'shippy' episodes:
    ie: Beneath the Surface, WoO, Entity...etc.

Comment

I'm Baaaaaaaack. After my time in the ship day thread my husband said I had to have some down time and he took over the net last night. I didn't end up going to bed for a nap when I logged off yesterday. Needless to say that when I woke up this morning after getting 7 hours sleep in 2 days I didn't feel the best today AND I had orientation for my new job this morning.

What a day we had. I enjoyed myself so much. I've still yet to read what was written after I left. Hope to do it tomorrow when hubby is at work.

After reading everything that you guys have written about 'Origins' it sounds like I'm going to be mightily dissappointed. As we are unlikely to get the new season until later in the year or early next year I'll make do with my DVD's and coming to talk to you guys to vent my sadness of Jack and Sam. You can lift a persons spirits high. Luv Ya All!!!!!!!!

TOGETHER FOREVER,
      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI76 !

Just because... (I'm sooo going to miss this in S9... )
        Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Hello *tapping the monitor* anyone out there?

I've just the last ten pages of the ship day thread that were posted after I left. All I can say is WOW! 65 pages and over 1200 posts. Do we rock or what?

Maybe we should send the link to tptb and they might actually get the idea that 'JACK AND SAM BELONG TOGETHER!!!!!!!' in the past, the present and the future.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

I see Avalon is a
            Spoiler:
            BIG PILE OF STINKIN CRAP!

Sorry.

I know that no-one's been able to see any good from this, but please...hear me out

Spoiler:
            The fact that RDA hasn't had 'the big sendoff' is a good sign...It means more than likely, they're expecting him to come back...and remember AT's commments "It's left up to you...until Rick's return"...or worst of that effect...remember...there were also meant to be scenes with just Daniel and Jack sitting outside as far as I remember

But I have to say...

Spoiler:
            CONGRATS JACK ON YOUR PROMOTION!!!!!!!!!
            sigpic
            Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Pretty quiet here at the moment. I might go spend some time with my husband. Catch you guys tomorrow.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Yeah...where is everyone????

Spoiler:
                We just need to hang on until the Ripple Effect...I'm SURE that's when we'll get the answer to the Golden Question!
                sigpic

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI76!!!

(Awwww..aren't they cute together?)

I hope you have a wonderful day and all your dreams and wishes come true!

((((DANI76))))

Comment

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DANI76!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a good one!!!!!!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                      Yeah...where is everyone????

Spoiler:
                      We just need to hang on until the Ripple Effect...I'm SURE that's when we'll get the answer to the Golden Question!

Yep, I agree. Believe it or not, but I'm still optimistic.
                      We just have to be patient.
                      Don't give up shippers!!! We've made it through tougher times than this.
                      And all things considered it doesn't look that bad for the ship!
                      There were times when I thought they dropped the ship completely and there was
                      Spoiler:
                      Pete
                      ...so it can hardly get worse.
                      We didn't give up back then and we shouldn't give up now.
                      JMHO.

((((Shippers))))

Comment

Suekay even though last night was tough I still think we have not seen the last of
                        Spoiler:
                        Jack.I really hope the Sam and Jack Ship lives on with Sam until we she Sam and Jack together.I also hope we have seen the last of the 2 minute Jack cameos.IMO it just does not work and makes things worse.I also hope it's Jack that is Sick in the four horsemen episode because that will add to the Ship and lets hope we get some great Ship in ripple affect.

Comment

Greetings Shippers!!

Seems to be a quiet this a.m. Eerily so. Similarly last night after Origins, nary a post for quite some time. Too much shock from Origins
                          Spoiler:
                          I reacted rather strongly. And not alone, I might add. But, thanks to some who saw the glass as half full instead of half empty, yes, there's still hope. Right now, I'm feeling a little numb. Must be ship withdrawal. Hey, we had a terrific Ship Day leading into episode 3 with Jack appearing and I was holding such hope. For something tiny even and got nada, zip, nothing! My hope now lies with Amanda/Sam's return. Mercifully, is out of her life and Amanda gave us a hint of hope. Amanda has been our single reliable source of shippy hints.
                          Hubby and I are going out for our Saturday coffee and bagels. I'll visit later. Oh, the Stargate Fan Awards noms are up and there is a banquet of Sam and Jack fanfics. No fat/carbs or artificial additives. Well, there's fantasies.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            Okay, Ship Family, I have a big question to pose to you. Hubby and I watched the RDA/MS scene back a couple of times (even though I'm very hacked at what a waste of RDA's time it was), and in our most humble (but professional media background) opinion.....

Spoiler:
                            .....we don't think they shot the scene together!!!!! Look at how Jack's hand first appears in the front of the picture. Then, while they're talking, you see just the back of one man's head (could have been done with stand-ins or by layering), then the other.

Notice that the only time you actually see them in the frame together is when they're heading to the cafeteria. And I think it looks layered in. I mean, that kind of technology has been available since the 60s. I've heard it called "Patty Duke" technology. If you don't know what that means, ask, and I'll explain.

If hubby and I are right, it could have been a scheduling thing.....or for some other reason, they couldn't or wouldn't be on the set at the same time. Couple that with the fact that Gekko is no longer involved in the show, and I can't help but wonder if some people may have had a serious parting of the ways.

Please look at the scene again if you can, and let me know what you think. I'm not trying to be negative, but this scene just doesn't look consistent with the way the show is filmed. There has to be some reason.
                            I only saw it once but that is exactly what I thought. It seem to answer the question of why they
                            Spoiler:
                            didn't shake hands FCOL.
                            They are supposedly best friends.

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            As to the "grasping for ship" comments,
                            Spoiler:
                            I agree that, "I was in the neighborhood," is probably the least concrete thing we've ever seized upon in looking for ship. However, Area 51 is in Arizona, probably no more than 300 miles or so from Cheyenne Mountain. If you're flying a jet, or conducting official government business using a government plane as transportation, that's a 30-minute plane ride. And, if Jack really is the head of Homeworld Security, he would have good reason to visit both facilities on any trip west. Just a thought.....

Again, I'm leaning on Amanda's comments at Comic Con, and her history of being a good barometer for fans. We know she also tries to be as truthful as she can be without revealing the plots. If I didn't have faith in that, I'd be totally ticked off tonight!
                            I'm trying not to grasp on to straws, TPTB use very short ones and I think they are greased. I am sure they will only dish out ambiguity.
                            sigpic
                            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Wow!

It's been quiet here! I've been out, bought an engagement present, visited my work, got my hours, come back, and there's only been a handful of posts.

C'mon Shippers! Don't give up!

Even if, like me, you're not going to be watching the show religiously anymore (or at all), we can still visit this thread and let TPTB know that the S/J shippers are still here, and are stronger than ever. JM is here...that means we have a more direct link to the show than most shippers...we have to let them know the ship is not dead.

So post people, POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

And back to your shipping
                              sigpic

Comment

I'll not be around tonight, as I've got a party to go to, so I shall hopefully see you all tomorrow!!!!!!

SAM AND JACK FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X