This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lynn
    Just an FYI - JM is on right now replying to questions so I just posted a "What's happening with Sam and Jack?' question which he has so far not answered :-(

Trupi - splashed out and got my own room with a King-Sized bed (Woo hoo!) My hubby wants to know why I need a King-Sized bed - I told him incase I met some nice good looking famous guy who took my fancy and then I remembered RDA won't be there :-(
    JM isn't going to answer you and if he does it won't make any sense. Maybe he is the one coaching MS to speak his lines so fast. They can say anything and no one will understand!

King size bed--hmmmmmm Can we take pictures! Sorry, I'm tired!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
      (((((Dani))))))

hmmm....didn't I used to see your name in association with the anti sam/jack thread?

Turn shol'va did you?
      Now, wait a second here - I've never been in the anti sam/jack thread - I can't even belief that exists. I've been a shipper since Children of the Gods and I will always be one, no matter what.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        Joe is in town... and answering questions...
        You posted a very good question. I wish I could post 'Please answer LOL4JACK's question' but I don't think they allow that.
        sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
          I just realized I don't remember hearing anybody say how the ratings were last week, vs. week 1. With so many people being lukewarm on the premier, I wondered if they were better or worse. Does anybody know, or know where I can find them?

I admit, without Jack and Sam, I want the ratings to be in the basement. Just to show that without the heart of the show - and that actually even means the relationships between the four - what they have is a poor copy.
          I think Joe (Mallozi) mentioned in his thread that they were the same for SG-1 (I think 2.1) but not as good for Atlantis.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
            You posted a very good question. I wish I could post 'Please answer LOL4JACK's question' but I don't think they allow that.
            Thanks Queen... Maybe you could post, Joe, could it be possible for you to answer LOL4JACK's questions? it should be acceptable by forum rules I'm feeling a little bit Mad Gater right now well, somebody already kind of did....
            Last edited by LOL4JACK; 29 July 2005, 09:34 PM. Reason: Need to be polite and humble :p

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Okay, Ship Family, I have a big question to pose to you. Hubby and I watched the RDA/MS scene back a couple of times (even though I'm very hacked at what a waste of RDA's time it was), and in our most humble (but professional media background) opinion.....

Spoiler:
              .....we don't think they shot the scene together!!!!! Look at how Jack's hand first appears in the front of the picture. Then, while they're talking, you see just the back of one man's head (could have been done with stand-ins or by layering), then the other.

Notice that the only time you actually see them in the frame together is when they're heading to the cafeteria. And I think it looks layered in. I mean, that kind of technology has been available since the 60s. I've heard it called "Patty Duke" technology. If you don't know what that means, ask, and I'll explain.

If hubby and I are right, it could have been a scheduling thing.....or for some other reason, they couldn't or wouldn't be on the set at the same time. Couple that with the fact that Gekko is no longer involved in the show, and I can't help but wonder if some people may have had a serious parting of the ways.

Please look at the scene again if you can, and let me know what you think. I'm not trying to be negative, but this scene just doesn't look consistent with the way the show is filmed. There has to be some reason.

As to the "grasping for ship" comments,
              Spoiler:
              I agree that, "I was in the neighborhood," is probably the least concrete thing we've ever seized upon in looking for ship. However, Area 51 is in Arizona, probably no more than 300 miles or so from Cheyenne Mountain. If you're flying a jet, or conducting official government business using a government plane as transportation, that's a 30-minute plane ride. And, if Jack really is the head of Homeworld Security, he would have good reason to visit both facilities on any trip west. Just a thought.....

Again, I'm leaning on Amanda's comments at Comic Con, and her history of being a good barometer for fans. We know she also tries to be as truthful as she can be without revealing the plots. If I didn't have faith in that, I'd be totally ticked off tonight!

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                With all due respect, no, we do NOT have to keep watching!! I have no intention of watching this cheap ripoff of a show I loved for eight years.

Those who want to watch can watch, but if somebody chooses not to, it doesn't make them any less a fan of the show. Just a fan of seeing it die a horrible, painful death.

I'm sorry, Buc252, I didn't mean to offend anybody or imply that you're not a fan of the show anymore. I just don't want to give up hope just yet.
                BTW - I also did not like the 2 minutes they gave RDA - what a joke. He deserves better.
                Again, I sincerely apologize.

Thank you, Skydiver

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                  I think Joe (Mallozi) mentioned in his thread that they were the same for SG-1 (I think 2.1) but not as good for Atlantis.
                  SG-1 beat both SGA and BSG in last week's ratings. The story is posted on GW's home page.

Comment

Originally posted by Dani76
                    I'm sorry, Buc252, I didn't mean to offend anybody or imply that you're not a fan of the show anymore. I just don't want to give up hope just yet.
                    BTW - I also did not like the 2 minutes they gave RDA - what a joke. He deserves better.
                    Again, I sincerely apologize.
                    Dani, I think I can speak for the shipper family that we can all express our opinions freely even if they differ strongly...

You have many people here watching S9 and liking it, others are just OK, others waiting for the ship, others hating it and others not watching it at all... but we are all here in this thread for one reason, we love Sam & Jack together...

And hey... we are a family... so

((((Love is never having to say you are sorry))))

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

Has anyone read that book 'He's Just Not That Into You'? Well, if we were dating the show, I think our friends would be telling us 'It's just not that into you.'

Did I happen to mention that I'm taking cold meds? And that I just had a blue jell-o shot at the Sam's a Great Character Thread? Could explain above statement.
                      sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                        Dani, I think I can speak for the shipper family that we can all express our opinions freely even if they differ strongly...

You have many people here watching S9 and liking it, others are just OK, others waiting for the ship, others hating it and others not watching it at all... but we are all here in this thread for one reason, we love Sam & Jack together...

And hey... we are a family... so

((((Love is never having to say you are sorry))))
                        Well said!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          Yes, I thought that RDA Origins
                          Spoiler:
                          looked old-er. His face was puffy and pasty looking. I can't believe I'm using those words to describe him. He looked great in Avalon 1.
                          Yes, I saw the same... and do not want to accept it... I don't know at the end it was just a scene
                          Spoiler:
                          that should not have been at all
                          I want my Jack back!!!!

Comment

because it is so.

Comment

oh god!! I'm so disapointed in what I've read....thanks guys for posting spoilers and comments on the ep...I wish it was different...

I'm looking forward AT's return, at least I'll have one reason to watch this new show and give it a try. But you know originally I was thinkning that I'd do my best to see ther show, even being in France... but now I don't even want to watch the show anymore... I prefer staying on a happy note in Threads.

sg-1fanintn, about your post, I think it's totally possible. They manipulate everything on tv shows, so i wouldn't be surprised, especially with RDA schedule. I wish I could give my opinion on that but I'm not sure I will see this episode anyday soon.

bouh...I think I need some cookies or passion jello... ...
                              no I'll come and read ship day thread that's way better to hang out with my family than make my weight grow bigger than it already is !!

Comment

I take it the season 9 opening isn't very popular?

Spoiler:
                                It's a shame that most of you say it was a waste of RDA's screentime. I was really looking forward to seeing him onscreen at least one last time in September! And regarding this "lack of warmth" towards Daniel... swthjfdhwebkdxw. Puts me off straight away.

Although, I wouldn't look at Daniel/Jack/Mitchell failing to mention Sam as too negative (but obviously I don't know because I haven't seen the episode yet). I mean, if Jack and Sam are together now, if they've told people, would they really they feel the need to inform Jack of what she's been up to and where she is?

As for Joe ignoring people's questions... I wouldn't worry, really! You know what he's like! Half of the questions, not only ships, have been ignored and maybe that's because he's waiting for people to watch and see what happens. Once Amanda's back, hopefully things will be more enjoyable and we'll finally get those answers!

I have a question regarding season 9 though...
                                Spoiler:
                                I read in a question to Joe about Jack leaving the SGC without any explanation blah blah... and that he's sold his house in the Springs... is this true?
                                Info. needed for a piece of fanfic! And if he has, at least he'll still have his cabin so he and Sam can go fishing to their hearts' content!

Comment

Working...
                                X