This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shipper hannah
    ok i just finished my first vid (phew) its not very good, but i'll just have to leearn..
    but the problem is don't have a frellin clue how to host it or whatever so it can be downloaded.. can someone pleease explain it to me?

Send it to me and I'll host it until you find a way to have your disk space

Or open a site with Angelfire ( Not free) but cheap for 1 or 2 videos ..but you need to learn a bit of HTML codes

try to send it to me via e-mail ( [email protected]) only if it's small ..It needs to be wmv format not Mpeg ..Mpeg too big

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
      (((((Suekay))) I think your idea is great .

Now my daughters have all a website ..which is free where you can upload 150 pictures ..Now if everybody was opening their own little webpage with that then we could all link our work in the main Sam and Jack website like you suggest . I am a member already but did not have the chance to do anything with it yet ..I plan to put all my collages though I saw my daughter's website and it looks great...it's also very easy to understand for anybody non IT expert ...you don't need any HTML code or anything like that .I don't think you can put videos ( requires too much disk space )..but we may be able to link a video website ..if not then we could link the video website in the main Sam and Jack front page .

Here is the link for anybody interested to create their free little Sam and Jack webpage

http://www.piczo.com/

Caty
      Thanks for the link and the idea! Now I just need to go out a buy some NEW graphics programs and get my act in gear!
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
        Thanks for the link and the idea! Now I just need to go out a buy some NEW graphics programs and get my act in gear!

Hi Lida and welcome to ship family thread

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
          OK - Since we're confessing, 33 years old although today I feel like 50 (If my kids wake up any earlier they needn't bother going to bed in the first place!)
          We're confessing our ages? OK, who's idea was this? Hmmmm??????

I'll only confess to being over 21.....feeling physically WAY over 21 and feeling about 18, emotionally.....ok, maybe 19.

(I'm a woman and I reserve my given right to never divulge my age...I have more fun letting people guess!)
          On fighting:
          Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
          Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Thanks for the sweet welcome, Caro. Hope I didn't miss anyone else.

Lynn, to answer your question and for everyone's curious minds. Yep, I write for a living. A dream come true! At last! I got to quit my day job!

Oh, failte to you too SueKay. Well, sorta as you already live here. LOL

And yep the site is mine! (Still under construction) My maiden name is Holloway. Infact. I'm what? (Scratches head) 2nd generation...my grandfather sailed from England after WW1. But my dad was born here.

I presently write historical fantasy romance. My motto is, "There's a place I visit as little as possible. Reality!"

My first novel, the first of a series, "Legend of the Emerald Rose" debuted in January 2005. If you like the King Arthurian legend, you'll like LER. I gave Aurthur and Guenevere a daughter, Emerlad Rose Rayn. And Merlin and his lover, Niamh's, a son, Shadoe un Hollo Tors. These two lovers become the origins of the Stuarts/Stewarts of Scotland.

Book 2, "Briar's Rose" debuts next summer. Hopefully. Publishers intended deadlines rarely are on time.

So I'll do some quick promo: It's available at Barnes and Noble, online too, Amazon, Family Christian Book Stores, Lemestone Books, Borders, etc. Even Ebay now!

And I confess, I've a novel proposal at Fandi (for Stargate) still under consideration from last fall. And I thought my editors were slow.l Are there anymore like me in the same situation with Fandimonium?

Okay enough babbling on my end.

I'm just praising God that He's given me this opportunity to finally earn money, (yet to be seen and thankfully I've a wonderful supportive husband ) doing what I love to do most. Write!

HailDorothy aka Linda Wichman

Somewhere, sometime, someone wrote: "Legend begins where truth ends. . . .Or is it the other way around?"

January 2005: Legend Of The Emerald Rose - Linda Wichman - Kregel Publications

PS: Does this posting program have spell check! If not I'm sunk.
            Always, HailDorothy

Carter: "You, sir, are an incorrigible lunatic!"
            Jack: "I assume that's a compliment, Carter?"
            Sam: "If you say so, sir."
            Jack: "Hey, T, I think she likes me."
            Teal'c: Indeed!"

(A typical J/S exchange according to HailDorothy)

Find out why Jack and Sam are "THE CHOSEN HEARTS" at my site:
            [URL=http://www.emeraldrose.net/stargate.htm]

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay

I'll be putting up the frontpage of the shipper site soon!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to your new site. Gorgeous Stargate image on the home page! Some of your links are off though, and worst of all, I can't get to your stories.

The "stories" link takes you to the "about you" page (Celtic Civilization sounds like an fascinating study subject), and the "news" and "links" links take you to the cjb hosting service page. I'm guessing this is because you're still working on things?

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                You could be my older sister--I'm 42, but some days I feel like I'm 16 (although I'd never say I look 16). Hanging out on this thread with teenagers is great for the outlook on life! Love your name, by the way as the Wizard of Oz is really special to me.
                I hope I'm quoting you, Girlgater, and not myself. LOL

TWoW....um, did anyone notice how the initials for The Wizard of Oz and Window of Opportunity are almost the same? See what happens, when I overload on Stargate?

Anyways, I digress. I love The Wizard of Oz too. For very personal reasons, I relate to Dorothy and her close relationship with Scarecrow reminds me of her and Jack. So when Jack called Sam, "Dorothy," and then his, "Hail Dorothy" line in SETH, I claimed it. LOL

That's my story and I'm sticking too it! Gosh, now I sound like Caty. VBG
                Always, HailDorothy

Comment

Originally posted by HailDorothy
                  I hope I'm quoting you, Girlgater, and not myself. LOL

TWoW....um, did anyone notice how the initials for The Wizard of Oz and Window of Opportunity are almost the same? See what happens, when I overload on Stargate?

Anyways, I digress. I love The Wizard of Oz too. For very personal reasons, I relate to Dorothy and her close relationship with Scarecrow reminds me of her and Jack. So when Jack called Sam, "Dorothy," and then his, "Hail Dorothy" line in SETH, I claimed it. LOL

That's my story and I'm sticking too it! Gosh, now I sound like Caty. VBG
                  Wow...I'll be spending weeks on your site reading. Thanks for sharing!
                  -girlgater

Comment

Um, sorry, Lida, I'm deserve twenty lashes for starting the whole age discussion thingy.

However being over 50 I've decided I no longer care ....even if "I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!" that I've earned everyone of these beauty bulges, wrinkles, laugh-lines (if you're of the sensitive nature) and this double chin. Well, that I didn't deserve to earn. Too many Godiva chocolates!

Besides, I'm married to Sean Connery! So what do I care! At least I've got hair!

NOt really but my Sean look-alike (Gary) does have plenty of salt and pepper hair like Jack.

I am so off my daily word count....and counting....YOU GUYS ARE ADDICTIVE!
                    Always, HailDorothy

Comment

hello shipper family
                      I'm so sorry and bummed, i didn't make it yesterday...................life is in full swing!!!!
                      soccer, band and driver's ed...........good thing I'm off in the summer!!! (LOL)
                      anyway...............lonely star, I loved the clip video!!!!!!!!!!! great job!! I will try to catch up on the th read later... I saved it to my faves. off to a band competition in Muncie with all the kiddos. Have great day............
                      Long live Jack and Sam good thing I have a VCR for taping tonight's ep since RDA will be on it ( woo hoo!) until later...............

Comment

Um, sorry, Lida, I'm deserve twenty lashes for starting the whole age discussion thingy.

However being over 50 I've decided I no longer care ....even if "I AM WOMAN, HEAR ME ROAR!" that I've earned everyone of these beauty bulges, wrinkles, laugh-lines (if you're of the sensitive nature) and this double chin. Well, that I didn't deserve to earn. Too many Godiva chocolates!

Besides, I'm married to Sean Connery! So what do I care! At least I've got hair!

NOt really but my Sean look-alike (Gary) does have plenty of salt and pepper hair like Jack.

I am so off my daily word count....and counting....YOU GUYS ARE ADDICTIVE!
                        Hi-HailDorothy- I'm 45. I think there is a lot of us mature ladies in the fandom. Believe me CJ and BB are nice to look at, but my taste runs for RDA mature types. He leaves and they give us Beau Bridges. Don't get me wrong I like Beau he is a great actor but he is not Jeff! Don't the TPTB realize ther are woman with mature taste(Sean, Jeff,,Ford,McQuaid) and though we may like to drull over that new guy who is coming to Atlantis, I want someone I can relate too. Not make me feel like I'm over the hill. Do you know what I mean? ( If you listen to CJ, MS they are young roosters-Ha)
                        sigpic

Comment

I'm a proud 52 going on 25...LOL
                          I'm 23 going on 53.

I like this thread.
                          sigpic-
                          +I thought I was a fool for no one
                          but oh baby I'm a fool for you

Comment

welcome to the thread alittletoolate
                            sigpic
                            http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                            http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Hi, Trupi, Ahh, a woman after my own heart! Yeah, I suspect that TPTB are out to attract a younger crowd. Which I understand, but they are also jepordizing what I suspect is their majority age attraction. We, mature women!

I agree they need someone on the show that is RDA's age and a hunk. Beau is so not Jeff! Odd, don't you think, even though I liked Don D. that Rick was the only good looking commander of the SGC?

Maybe I'm prejudice? Ya think?

Like you said why not someone like Ford, McQuaid, etc.?

And CJ and MS are very young roosters. Don't get me wrong, they're cute but I've always been attracted to older guys. My husband is six years my senior, even older than Rick and I think, not just coz I'm married to him, but other women tell me, he's a very sexy looking guy for 58. (he takes far better care of himself than I do) Men do get better with age!

Oh, well, I can't wait until this evening so I can tape Jack. It will have to last me awhile. LOL

It is so great to meet you here! I know I'm going to be around along time!
                              Always, HailDorothy

Comment

Originally posted by alittletoolate
                                I'm 23 going on 53.

I like this thread.
                                See, Alittletoolate, it's just a matter of number flipping. LOL The older we get the better we get at flipping those digits.

Failte! Welcome!
                                Always, HailDorothy

Comment

Working...
                                X