This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
    Lexa Doig (Mrs Shanks) and Vaitiare Bandera (ex Mrs Shanks)
    Ooooops! Not doing too well tonight .... maybe it's time for bed My brains are completely fried
    sigpic

Comment

I think Pittsburghgirl mentioned this earlier.....yep, here's the order of eps for tonight's Stargate Monday in the U.S.

603: Descent
      606: Abyss
      605: Nightwalkers
      604: Frozen

Can't they count? Where's the sense in this? What's the point? Someone who would run important episodes out of order like this would probably also cut a 90-minute episode down to a 60-minute version......oh, wait.....they DID THAT ALREADY!

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue

(snipped)

s7's chimera and s8's threads spoilers

It still bugs the crap out of me that they gave Jack a
        Spoiler:
        smart, classy gal and gave Sam a loser.
        Spoiler:
        yeah. it would make a lot more sense if it had been jack that got the loser (like an anis or vala). it's much easier seeing a man do something so stupid in the romance department than someone as smart as sam.

jack got a steak dinner. sam got a tv dinner.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Ex Mrs. Shanks? Really? I didn't know that. Wasn't she the actress who played Shaare?

sigpic
          s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
            Ex Mrs. Shanks? Really? I didn't know that. Wasn't she the actress who played Shaare?
            I don't actually think they were married, but they have a child together. Yes, she played Sha're.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
              Yep, she is also an ex of Mr Julio Iglesias father of Enrique married to Ana K... ok wrong thread, wrong game, I'll never make it to Keving Bacon

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

The Sam/Jack Ship Family Discussion Thread at GateWorld’s Forum
                invites you to join us online for the

3rd Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day

starting at 12:00 a.m. EDT* on Thursday, July 28, 2005
                and will end at 12:00 a.m. EDT* on Friday, July 29, 2005.

Why Ship Day?
                Divide and Conquer aired in Season 4 on July 28.
                To commemorate this very popular and shippy episode,
                The First Annual S/J Ship Day was created on July 28, 2003.

We Shippers are from across the globe!
                We are a fun and supportive group that welcomes diversity among
                all of our Sam and Jack Shippy viewpoints.

Please join us anytime throughout the day
                to chat and enjoy our favorite couple.

A special thread will be created on July 28 for this activity.
                It will be open for 24 hours.

We will have some activities and special guests.

We hope that you will drop in anytime on July 28 to say hello!!!

* U.S. Eastern Daylight Savings Time (EDT)
                sigpic

Comment

Nell this is great. Can I suggest that you add the times for the rest of the world too, please.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katethegater
                    Hi Guys,

Sorry this is nothing to do with the current topic of converstion but i have just grabbed the latest SG1 DVD that was released today and have FINALLY seen Citizen Joe & M1 + 2

Did they get it out of sync as i'm sure Citizen Joe should have been before Threads......Jack mentions a meeting with a 'Johnson' from the C.I.A on the phone to Sam but we've already seen Kerry in the previous episode....(confused look!) ........i apologise if this has already been covered!
                    Yes,. Citizen Joe should have come before Threads. According to MGM, there's a very technical reason it didn't. If I've got this right, MGM say the order was changed, because if it hadn't been on the US DVDs, Reckoning Pts 1 & 2 would have been on different DVDS and MGM wanted them on the disks as 1 complete episode. They decided to keep that order for the UK DVDs in spite of the fact that here Reckoning Pts 1 & 2 are separate episodes. Oh well, at least they are on the same DVD, I suppose. Anyway, that's MGM's excuse and they are sticking to it.

Did that make any sense at all.

Anyway, I hate, loathe and despise Chimera. For me, it is definitely the single worst Stargate ep, which is a shame, because the Daniel/Sarah thing was actually quite interesting. Affinity runs a very close second, by the way. The impact of Affinity was lessened somewhat when I read spoilers for Threads (I don't usually read spoilers but it was completely necessary after Affinity).

tbh, I don't really like Sam's dress in Chimera much (according to the DVD commentary, it's Amanda's own), but that may be because I will always associate it with *has scary mental image of in that dress * Argggghhhhhhh-nooooooooooooo !!!!
                    always and forever
                    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Nell, thanks. I had no idea why July 28th was designated Ship Day. I am so dense!

Really looking forward to it though.
                      always and forever
                      My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                      My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Ooh, Ship Day's coming up. After a long absence from the boards, I come back to realize that we're only a few days from THE day. Yay! *sighs with relief for coming back just in time*

Comment

Nell this is great. Can I suggest that you add the times for the rest of the world too, please.
                          The rest of the times????? Hee, hee! Well, here's the web address to The World Clock in case I wasn't able to make the link.

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/

Below is a list of cities and the times based on Eastern Daylight Time:
                          Time is fixed on Thursday, July 28, 2005 at Midnight Washington DC time

Currently sorted by city name. Change: Sort by Country | Sort by Time Zone
                          Set your preferred time and date formats - e.g. 12 hour am/pm or 24 hour

Abu Dhabi Thu 8:00 AM Halifax * Thu 1:00 AM New Orleans * Wed 11:00 PM
                          Addis Ababa Thu 7:00 AM Hanoi Thu 11:00 AM New York * Thu Midnight
                          Adelaide Thu 1:30 PM Harare Thu 6:00 AM Odesa * Thu 7:00 AM
                          Aden Thu 7:00 AM Havana * Thu Midnight Oslo * Thu 6:00 AM
                          Aklavik * Wed 10:00 PM Helsinki * Thu 7:00 AM Ottawa * Thu Midnight
                          Algiers Thu 5:00 AM Hong Kong Thu Noon Paris * Thu 6:00 AM
                          Amman * Thu 7:00 AM Honolulu Wed 6:00 PM Perth Thu Noon
                          Amsterdam * Thu 6:00 AM Houston * Wed 11:00 PM Philadelphia * Thu Midnight
                          Anadyr * Thu 5:00 PM Indianapolis Wed 11:00 PM Phoenix Wed 9:00 PM
                          Anchorage * Wed 8:00 PM Islamabad Thu 9:00 AM Prague * Thu 6:00 AM
                          Ankara * Thu 7:00 AM Istanbul * Thu 7:00 AM Reykjavik Thu 4:00 AM
                          Antananarivo Thu 7:00 AM Jakarta Thu 11:00 AM Rio de Janeiro Thu 1:00 AM
                          Asuncion Thu Midnight Jerusalem * Thu 7:00 AM Riyadh Thu 7:00 AM
                          Athens * Thu 7:00 AM Johannesburg Thu 6:00 AM Rome * Thu 6:00 AM
                          Atlanta * Thu Midnight Kabul Thu 8:30 AM San Francisco * Wed 9:00 PM
                          Baghdad * Thu 8:00 AM Kamchatka * Thu 5:00 PM San Juan Thu Midnight
                          Bangkok Thu 11:00 AM Karachi Thu 9:00 AM San Salvador Wed 10:00 PM
                          Barcelona * Thu 6:00 AM Kathmandu Thu 9:45 AM Santiago Thu Midnight
                          Beijing Thu Noon Khartoum Thu 7:00 AM Santo Domingo Thu Midnight
                          Beirut * Thu 7:00 AM Kingston Wed 11:00 PM Sao Paulo Thu 1:00 AM
                          Belgrade * Thu 6:00 AM Kiritimati Thu 6:00 PM Seattle * Wed 9:00 PM
                          Berlin * Thu 6:00 AM Kolkata Thu 9:30 AM Seoul Thu 1:00 PM
                          Bogota Wed 11:00 PM Kuala Lumpur Thu Noon Shanghai Thu Noon
                          Boston * Thu Midnight Kuwait City Thu 7:00 AM Singapore Thu Noon
                          Brasilia Thu 1:00 AM Kyiv * Thu 7:00 AM Sofia * Thu 7:00 AM
                          Brisbane Thu 2:00 PM La Paz Thu Midnight St. John's * Thu 1:30 AM
                          Brussels * Thu 6:00 AM Lagos Thu 5:00 AM St. Paul * Wed 11:00 PM
                          Bucharest * Thu 7:00 AM Lahore Thu 9:00 AM Stockholm * Thu 6:00 AM
                          Budapest * Thu 6:00 AM Lima Wed 11:00 PM Suva Thu 4:00 PM
                          Buenos Aires Thu 1:00 AM Lisbon * Thu 5:00 AM Sydney Thu 2:00 PM
                          Cairo * Thu 7:00 AM London * Thu 5:00 AM Taipei Thu Noon
                          Canberra Thu 2:00 PM Los Angeles * Wed 9:00 PM Tallinn * Thu 7:00 AM
                          Cape Town Thu 6:00 AM Madrid * Thu 6:00 AM Tashkent Thu 9:00 AM
                          Caracas Thu Midnight Managua * Wed 11:00 PM Tegucigalpa Wed 10:00 PM
                          Casablanca Thu 4:00 AM Manila Thu Noon Tehran * Thu 8:30 AM
                          Chatham Island Thu 4:45 PM Melbourne Thu 2:00 PM Tokyo Thu 1:00 PM
                          Chicago * Wed 11:00 PM Mexico City * Wed 11:00 PM Toronto * Thu Midnight
                          Copenhagen * Thu 6:00 AM Minneapolis * Wed 11:00 PM Vancouver * Wed 9:00 PM
                          Darwin Thu 1:30 PM Minsk * Thu 7:00 AM Vienna * Thu 6:00 AM
                          Denver * Wed 10:00 PM Montevideo Thu 1:00 AM Vladivostok * Thu 3:00 PM
                          Detroit * Thu Midnight Montgomery * Wed 11:00 PM Warsaw * Thu 6:00 AM
                          Dhaka Thu 10:00 AM Montreal * Thu Midnight Washington DC * Thu Midnight
                          Dublin * Thu 5:00 AM Moscow * Thu 8:00 AM Wellington Thu 4:00 PM
                          Edmonton * Wed 10:00 PM Mumbai Thu 9:30 AM Winnipeg * Wed 11:00 PM
                          Frankfurt * Thu 6:00 AM Nairobi Thu 7:00 AM Yangon Thu 10:30 AM
                          Geneva * Thu 6:00 AM Nassau * Thu Midnight Zagreb * Thu 6:00 AM
                          Guatemala Wed 10:00 PM New Delhi Thu 9:30 AM Zürich * Thu 6:00 AM

Current UTC (or GMT/Zulu)-time used: Thursday, July 28, 2005 at 04:00:00
                          UTC is Coordinated Universal Time, GMT is Greenwich Mean Time.
                          Great Britain is one hour ahead of UTC during summer.
                          Internet time: @208 .beats

Symbols
                          * means the place is observing daylight saving time(DST) at the moment (72 places listed)
                          Wed means Wednesday, July 27, 2005 (26 places listed)
                          Thu means Thursday, July 28, 2005 (115 places listed)
                          sigpic

Comment

Okay, but I just meant something like the first post from last year...

HAPPY SHIP DAY!!

Ship Day was began to commerate the first airing of Divide & Conquer and is a Favorite Episode of many of the "Shippers"

First and foremost this thread has been created for Sam & Jack Shippers to share, talk about and discuss their favorite Sam & Jack moments. this is a PROTECTED thread. This means that if you DO NOT like the pairing of Sam & Jack please DO NOT POST HERE there are other threads for you to voice that opinion.

This thread will also only be open for the 24 hours of Ship Day (this has already been prearranged with a moderator) The times will be eastern time so please adjust your schedules shippers to accomadate that
                            closing times
                            US Pacific - 9:00 pm Wed 7/28
                            US Mountain - 10:00 pm
                            US Central - 11:00 pm
                            US Eastern - 12:00 Midnight
                            UK - 5:00 am Thur 7/29
                            Germany - 6:00 am

SHIPPERS you will see that there is a poll located at the top of this thread ...these are the Episodes you stated were the "Shippiest" well now is the time for you to vote for the SHIPPIEST of them ALL!!!! make sure you cast your vote if you want your favorite to win!!!!
                            In the previous thread when we were getting the poll ready we voted to leave out the BIG 3 Divide & Conquer, Beneath The Surface and Window Of Opportunity because everyone agreed that They were already the *Shippisest* and we would watch those. So the poll is to choose another one to *add* to that list

HAPPY SHIP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Powers That Be have also been invited so please act like yourself
                            sigpic

Comment

I never paid attention to the name of the actress who had played Sha're! Obviously, I'm too busy worrying about Sam & Jack! And I sure didn't know that Sha're was the first Mrs. Shanks. Interesting!

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                                Yep, she is also an ex of Mr Julio Iglesias father of Enrique married to Ana K... ok wrong thread, wrong game, I'll never make it to Keving Bacon

Ooh, ooh! Let me try! I can do it! Ok.....in high school, I used to compete against Oprah Winfrey in speech tournaments.....and Oprah Winfrey has had Kevin Bacon on her show!!!!!

Yay! Two degrees from Kevin Bacon!

(Ok.....apologizes for obviously OT post. ....and realizes I just told you about how old I am!!!!! )
                                Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 25 July 2005, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X