This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ST-1
    How about the Broca Divide kiss? Not just the fact that "primitive Sam" kisses Jack, but that HE sneaks in a quick one on her neck as he drags her off to the infirmary. THAT, IMO, was the shippy part, along with his answer to her "do you want me" question: "Not like this!" He didn't just say "no." Shippy, shippy, shippy!
    <snip>
    ‘Course I loved the scene later when Jack and Daniel are in the control room and Daniel asks how Sam is doing and Jack tells him “She's not yours to care about” and “I'm talking about Samantha, you just stay away from her, okay?” Then he punches the daylights out of Daniel!

I don’t consider it a “real” kiss between ‘our’ Sam & Jack. (Just MOHO ) The closest Jack came was during kissing Dr. Carter in POV and ‘his’ Sam in WoO. Unfortunately the time loops erased ‘our’ Sam’s memory of WoO. BUT… she did get to watch herself kissing Jack in POV from the other side of the quantum mirror…. It gave her a heck of a lot to think about there….. (And while we didn’t get to see it, but S&J did remember *all* that they did while they were ‘mindstamped’ in Beneath the Surface…)

But back to BD… Yes… they were under an alien influence at the time… but… one could say the virus was kind of like alcohol in loosening the lips and their repressed feelings!
    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
      400 post!!! I remember when I was just a primta'h celebrating my passing to mature symbiot snif, snif....

Time to do my milestone dance

Any body else around to celebrate with me? we need some dancing in this thread

Edited to include Nell in the milestone celebration... congrats Nell!!!!!!!!
      Sure I'll join in the fun...

*much hilarity ensues as MG dances an Irish jig....or attempts to anyway*

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        Oops, confused my Ssssss Sugarshaker, not Shimmering..... bad, Dobby, bad , oops, mixed up HP with SG

I'm getting old with 400 post
        Heh....if you're old then I'm senile...with all my posts....

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          Hello!!!!

After reading the Daniel comments, I have to add my tuppence worth.

I stayed over at Mishy's last night for a Stargat Marathon (Mishy's a shipper family member, but she hasn't been on in a while)

While we watched the one where Sam blows up the sun (I'd never seen it before!) I mentioned how I didn't like Daniel anymore. She agreed...Daniel was AWESOME in season one and two. He was okay in three, four and five...when he came back in season seven...He was barely watchable...as a result...the J/D relationship suffered and to be honest...the J/D friendship is a bigger draw for me than S/J ship. And that drive is gone for me now.

As for Teal'c...I agree..the rebellion is smothering his character and Assinity was just a humiliation for him. I loved seeing teal'c adjust to be more than the show's 'token' Jaffa. For instance, the scene in cold Lazarus where he watches the TV is CLASSIC! As is the Season four Fishing Scene where Teal'c remarks:

"We have caught nothing. We are fishing."

LOL

THAT'S what this show is lacking. I do think the show can succeed without Jack and Sam as Daniel has a massive fanbase and most people love Teal'c. But they need to get back to what both of those actors are good at...not just giving them some P90s and hoping for the best. They also need to look back in order to look forward. They can't just erase the fisr eight seasons...they can learn a lot by look at the mistakes *cough cough* Pete *cough cough* Anise *cough cough* plot holes *cough cough* they made...seems to me they are repearing those mistakes once more.

Spoiler:
          Mitchell - my nice guy...just like they tried to make Pete.
          Vala - oversexed and underdressed...she's even more bimbo-esque than Anise.
          Flashbacks - just plain bad writing!

Okay...mini rant over...but you get the idea!
          I did like that cold lazarus scene....

Hammond asks for T's staff weapon

Teal'c: I have seen your world...I will need it.

LOL!!!!

Comment

Morning all!

Oh how I love driving home after a night shift passing all the 9-5ers heading off to work at the start of their week. Then getting home and sitting at my computer catching up on what the lovely shipper family have been chatting about whilst sipping a glass of chilled Chardonnay before bed....and I'm now on four days off....ah life is good!!!

Must say though, drinking a glass of wine at 7.30 in the morning is a tad bizarre!! Helps me sleep....honest!

LOL4JACK - regarding the polls for shipper day. How about the Solitudes snuggle? Does that count as a hug (or snug!) or is it more for poll 2? You see how indecisive I get after one glass of wine....goodness knows what I'll be like on ship day!!

ONLY 4 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              I'am starting to think TPTB are having there Friends and Family post on Gateworld.I'am still trying to figure out what was so great about the episode.
              Yeah, were they watching the same ep I was? Avalon 2 was ok, but nothing great. Ses, I think its the Daniel fans. They must be loving the fact he is the main attraction right now. I was glad that
              Spoiler:
              Vala had toned it down some and we did only see one flash back. I wished MS would slow down, he is talking way too fast. How about the new doctor? All of a sudden there is a new doctor and she has some sort of relationship with the new CO. But no introduction or explaination. Same with Jack, he's gone but no explaination. It will be interesting to see what the ratings are.
              I am counting down to Beachhead.
              Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                Yeah, were they watching the same ep I was? Avalon 2 was ok, but nothing great. Ses, I think its the Daniel fans. They must be loving the fact he is the main attraction right now. I was glad that
                Spoiler:
                Vala had toned it down some and we did only see one flash back. I wished MS would slow down, he is talking way too fast. How about the new doctor? All of a sudden there is a new doctor and she has some sort of relationship with the new CO. But no introduction or explaination. Same with Jack, he's gone but no explaination. It will be interesting to see what the ratings are.
                that is not the only issue-as Rogue and I discussed is also the
                Spoiler:
                the jerking of jack (please forgive the pun-or not)-consider: Jack not telling Mitchell that SG-1 has disbanded: Jack not telling Landry that his daughter would be the CMO;not telling the CMO that her father was in charge of the base. according to Landry-jack is "funny like that"? excuse me! Mr. I don't like surprises-surprising people.-i don't think so. Last two years they got on Sam and basically tried to ruin her reputation-doing the same now for Jack???
                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Spoiler:
                  The group that liked Avalon 2 all went to MS school- - You heard the school of speed reading-well they went to the school of auctioneers. The idea is if you say your lines quickly they we'll give you more to speak than any other character. Soon he will be like those aliens on the old Star Trek where they talked so fast they sounded like insects. Buzz-Buzz-buzz-iszz That is good morning in Daniel talk!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
                    The group that liked Avalon 2 all went to MS school- - You heard the school of speed reading-well they went to the school of auctioneers. The idea is if you say your lines quickly they we'll give you more to speak than any other character. Soon he will be like those aliens on the old Star Trek where they talked so fast they sounded like insects. Buzz-Buzz-buzz-iszz That is good morning in Daniel talk!
                    LOL, thats too funny. He must practice saying all that crap in on breath.
                    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

either that or he was afraid he would forget his lines. Okay- i know that was mean-but frankly-i sure would like to know what he says becuz using closed caption is such a bore.
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

My poor mother thought it was her because she couldn't understand a thing he was saying. She thought she ws going deaf. What is bizarre is that MS has been told that he is speeding his lines up and he said we were crazy! Maybe I should make a short recording of Avalon and bring it to the con. in August. When MS comes up, play it and ask for a translation!
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                          either that or he was afraid he would forget his lines. Okay- i know that was mean-but frankly-i sure would like to know what he says becuz using closed caption is such a bore.
                          Or it could be the director telling him to talk faster because he is taking valuable camera time away from Vala's
                          Spoiler:
                          boobs!

Rogue

Comment

pittsburghgirl, trupi, Rogue....you are so mean!!!

And I love you for that.

Comment

LOL! Perhaps when I finally get to watch S9 I'll watch it with subtitles!! *spares a thought for subtitle typist coughing on steam coming from keyboard!*

Comment

No one is talking about MS's wife playing the Dr. and Lawdry's daughter! I can't believe its easy to be on a set and watch your husband kiss or get woman-handel by another actress. That must be weird! She looks like a tough cookie but I don't think~ she has much to worry from Claudia. Is Claudia Black much older then MS and BB?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X