Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry, I haven't been here for a while but I'll be here on Ship Day, that's sure !

Okay, to make it short...

Welcome to newbies ! I hope you'll have as much fun in this thread as I have had since I joined the Ship Family !

Congrats on 400 nell and LOL4JACK ! And any other milestones I could have missed.

As for Ship Day, when and how much time it should be, here's my opinion : if we have to make it a 24 hour event, let's do it on US timezone.
    I'm working so I won't be able to join you the 1st night (European time), probably not much during the day (although I'll probably be able to take some time at work to have a look at GW ), but I'll be here after work until... very late ! (it doesn't matter if I'm tired at work the next day, it will be my last work day before holidays ! )
    What I'm trying to say is that with US timezone, everyone can be here at some time, whether they are in Australia, Europe or America (at least I think... these timezones get me a bit confused ! )
    Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
      *grumbles*

Am I the only one that had to be mentally bludgeoned with WoO and D&C before I realized there was S/J ship?
      Ohhh no, don't be silly! One of the first episodes I watched (as an 11/12 year old) was Solitudes and for a while I didn't see the S/J interaction as shippy... I just enjoyed the friendship between them and the care they had to give. I think the first episode I watched where I thought 'Oooh, they look like they have strong personal feelings for each other' was Into the Fire. But bear in mind that my mind has long since been corrupted...

That was probably the doing of Divide and Conquer! And now I see anything S/J as shippy! But I'm not complaining!

Comment

Hello!!!!

After reading the Daniel comments, I have to add my tuppence worth.

I stayed over at Mishy's last night for a Stargat Marathon (Mishy's a shipper family member, but she hasn't been on in a while)

While we watched the one where Sam blows up the sun (I'd never seen it before!) I mentioned how I didn't like Daniel anymore. She agreed...Daniel was AWESOME in season one and two. He was okay in three, four and five...when he came back in season seven...He was barely watchable...as a result...the J/D relationship suffered and to be honest...the J/D friendship is a bigger draw for me than S/J ship. And that drive is gone for me now.

As for Teal'c...I agree..the rebellion is smothering his character and Assinity was just a humiliation for him. I loved seeing teal'c adjust to be more than the show's 'token' Jaffa. For instance, the scene in cold Lazarus where he watches the TV is CLASSIC! As is the Season four Fishing Scene where Teal'c remarks:

"We have caught nothing. We are fishing."

LOL

THAT'S what this show is lacking. I do think the show can succeed without Jack and Sam as Daniel has a massive fanbase and most people love Teal'c. But they need to get back to what both of those actors are good at...not just giving them some P90s and hoping for the best. They also need to look back in order to look forward. They can't just erase the fisr eight seasons...they can learn a lot by look at the mistakes *cough cough* Pete *cough cough* Anise *cough cough* plot holes *cough cough* they made...seems to me they are repearing those mistakes once more.

Spoiler:
        Mitchell - my nice guy...just like they tried to make Pete.
        Vala - oversexed and underdressed...she's even more bimbo-esque than Anise.
        Flashbacks - just plain bad writing!

Okay...mini rant over...but you get the idea!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
          400 post!!! I remember when I was just a primta'h celebrating my passing to mature symbiot snif, snif....

Time to do my milestone dance

Any body else around to celebrate with me? we need some dancing in this thread

Edited to include Nell in the milestone celebration... congrats Nell!!!!!!!!
          Congrats LOL4JACK and Nell!!
          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
            Congrats LOL4JACK and Nell!!

Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, Shippers wherever you are!!!

Thanks girlgater, sg-1fanintn, florence, LOL4JACK. Posting here is fun!!!

We are getting closer to the 3rd Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day on July 28. A time to share opinions and feelings about our favorite couple and the series, have fun, be a little creative, reacquaint with old friends and welcome new friends. So, try to visit as often as you can during that 24-hour period!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
              Good Morning, Good Afternoon, Good Evening, Shippers wherever you are!!!

Thanks girlgater, sg-1fanintn, florence, LOL4JACK. Posting here is fun!!!

We are getting closer to the 3rd Annual Sam/Jack Ship Day on July 28. A time to share opinions and feelings about our favorite couple and the series, have fun, be a little creative, reacquaint with old friends and welcome new friends. So, try to visit as often as you can during that 24-hour period!!!
              Indeed , thanks all...!!!! and everything else that Nell said...

Florence, miss you posting around here, is there a Lt Colonel keeping you busy ?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Afternoon all!

Well, I've finally had time to be original so nell and LOL4JACK this one's for you!!

Whoa, whoa Carter, slow down...nell and LOL4 JACK have how many posts?

400 huh?

SWEET!

YAY...congrats you guys!

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                  Afternoon all!

Well, I've finally had time to be original so nell and LOL4JACK this one's for you!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...llegiance9.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...llegiance3.jpg
                  400 huh?

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...llegiance4.jpg
                  SWEET!

YAY...congrats you guys!
                  Thanks, Billie!!! Cool!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Afternoon all!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...llegiance9.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...llegiance3.jpg
                    400 huh?

SWEET!

YAY...congrats you guys!
                    ROFLMAO

((((((Bille))))), should I say Sweet... a la Jack or Squeeee, thanks!

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Hi nell! *waves*

So looking forward to ship day and big hugs to you and sg-1fanintn for all your efforts, you are both FAB!!!

((((((((nell and sg-1fanintn)))))))))))

Here's a little shippy moment that I found while mooching through the transcripts

It's from S7 space race so will put it in spoilers just in case
                      Spoiler:

O'NEILL: "T ... you comin'?"
                      TEAL'C: "Major Carter has requested that I remain so that I may assist her."
                      Both Sam and Jack look surprised. Teal'c smiles. Then simultaneously, they respond.
                      O'NEILL: "She did?"
                      CARTER: "I did?"
                      TEAL'C: "Indeed."
                      CARTER: "Right ... yes, thank you."
                      Sam smiles.
                      TEAL'C: "I do not wish to disappoint Major Carter."
                      O'NEILL: "Yes ... I know the feeling."
                      WARRICK: "Shall we?"
                      O'NEILL: (reluctantly) "Stay in touch."

Hee hee and ..... Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I also found this which made me think of the discussions that we had regarding S9 opener Avalon

Now why couldn't Jack have seen Sam dressed like this.........!!!!!!!
                      Click to see!!
                      http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57.../spacerace.jpg

Comment

Hi LOL4JACK too! *waves again*

Comment

Hi nell! *waves*

So looking forward to ship day and big hugs to you and sg-1fanintn for all your efforts, you are both FAB!!!

((((((((nell and sg-1fanintn)))))))))))

Here's a little shippy moment that I found while mooching through the transcripts

It's from S7 space race so will put it in spoilers just in case
                          Spoiler:

O'NEILL: "T ... you comin'?"
                          TEAL'C: "Major Carter has requested that I remain so that I may assist her."
                          Both Sam and Jack look surprised. Teal'c smiles. Then simultaneously, they respond.
                          O'NEILL: "She did?"
                          CARTER: "I did?"
                          TEAL'C: "Indeed."
                          CARTER: "Right ... yes, thank you."
                          Sam smiles.
                          TEAL'C: "I do not wish to disappoint Major Carter."
                          O'NEILL: "Yes ... I know the feeling."
                          WARRICK: "Shall we?"
                          O'NEILL: (reluctantly) "Stay in touch."

Hee hee and ..... Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!

I also found this which made me think of the discussions that we had regarding S9 opener Avalon

Now why couldn't Jack have seen Sam dressed like this.........!!!!!!!
                          Click to see!!
                          http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57.../spacerace.jpg
                          Hi Billie! **waves back**
                          Thanks for sharing! Space Race is one of those episodes that to me wasn't great like Divide and Conquer or Grace or WoO so I tend to overlook it and not watch it ever again. What a mistake because I missed little moments like that. **slaps forehead**

Now that picture of Sam!!! Jack didn't see her dressed like that in Space Race? Where was he? OK, there's a future picture story with this!! Hee, hee!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Now that picture of Sam!!! Jack didn't see her dressed like that in Space Race? Where was he? OK, there's a future picture story with this!! Hee, hee!!
                            Whay hey! Looking forward to that one!! Get creating you!!

Comment

Hey guys!
                              I finally got the see Avalon Pt.2! but i've got to say
                              Spoiler:
                              It didn't do anything for me.... Pt.1 was really funny and we got to see Sam and Jack and a *hint* of ship but Pt.2 IMO we got nothing I still like Mitchell, and Vala was good but to be honest it was kinda boring...
                              and every time they did something I was thinking "ooh Jack would never have done that" or "Jack would kick his ass for that"...I miss Jack!

I just can't wait to see Jack next week! I hope we get a bit more of him than we did in Avalon Pt.1!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

nell I'm sorry I just couldn't resist!!

Hey Sir.....

*THUNK* .....Jeez Carter, a little warning would've been good!

Hee hee!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X