This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey family!

Have not long surfaced after a long and very tiring night duty and have just pulled up a chair and am tucking into a big plate of sausages and mash (with lashings of gravy obviously!) while I catch up on the all the gossip!

Have caught sight of quite a few newbies to the family so before I go any further

WELCOME NEWBIES!!

Off to catch up and finish my sausages so see you in a while!

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
      Hi Suekay, I was born in Venezuela and raised in Scotland (Glasgow) I lived there for 7 years did all my primary school and I have the best of memories, I had so much fun, that's where I learned my english, but my scottish accent is now gone

After that came back to Venezuela and then moved to Spain (that's where I first saw Stargate it was the only non-spanish show I could get and it was on Saturday's at 1am , but I got hooked) moved to Mexico where I could watch SG-1 in the MGM channel... and now in the US where I get it directly on SCIFI and where I became a shipper and going to my first Con next month! what a journey oh and I've also spent a lot of my time in France and have my relief watching my favorite show in french
      How many languages do you speak?
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
        How many languages do you speak?
        English, Spanish, Ok with French (French shippers, I speak better than write ), some Portugues and very little Italian (enough to say that RDA is a handsome man )...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

OK PEOPLE, I'M FEELING THE NEED FOR SOME SERIOUS SHIPPER THERAPY!!

So here's my shippy dream for today.....

Hey Jack, I think our shippers are missing us, what are we gonna do?

Well....why don't you come over here and we'll give em something to smile about!!

*sighs big shippy sigh* and feels lots lots better!!

Comment

I though the Daniel in the Movie was great because Daniel and Jack worked great together.I think the SG-1 Daniel character gets in trouble when he works outside the Team.I always said the SG Movie and TV Show are very different.The Movie was pretty much Jack and Daniel and the TV Show is about the SG-1 Team.IMO it is vital to have Sam Mitchell Daniel and Teal'c work together as much as possible.I hope it changes but so far it appears to be too much splitting up of SG-1.IMO as far as the TV Show the only character who has really been able to work alone or with another guest Star is Jack.

Comment

English, Spanish, Ok with French (French shippers, I speak better than write ), some Portugues and very little Italian (enough to say that RDA is a handsome man )...
              I think that's enough! That's great, I'm foreign language stupid, wish I could speak one other but pretty good understanding somethings in Italian and Spanish. Just be aware that the Convention atmosphere is not always shippy. That's why we like to meet up with shippers. We watch each others sixes. I found out the hard way last year.
              sigpic

Comment

That is nice!! So easy to create ship.. so very easy...

Originally posted by Billie

Well....why don't you come over here and we'll give em something to smile about!!

sigpic

Comment

* Poll 1 - Best shippy moment Hug, Head on Shoulder and Kiss Category, this could be a poll at the begining of the thread and we have to vote only for one.

* Poll 2: Best shippy moment non Hug, Head on Shoulder or Kiss , this could be done during the day, we get to vote for 3 moments each and everybody puts a face next to their vote, the next person to vote takes the post before and adds it's vote, that way we can see how it is going during the day and at the end, I official count the and post the top 3.

What do you think?

Carolina
                  I think both polls would be fun!!

Now off to try and get my head round the shipper day timings so will be back with my vote for that soon

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Timezones - We Started it from the very beginning of the day Australian time...don't know the technical term.

Then we kept it going until the very end of the day Pacific Time...making the day more like a day and a half, so that as many people as possible could take part.
                    I'm with suekay on this one as would be nice if we all had the full 24 hours of the 28th July where ever we are in this great big honkin world of ours!!

ONLY 5ISH DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billie

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57.../sam_phone.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...jack_phone.jpg

Billie, Billie, Billie, You hit my Shipper spot with those caps!!!! Now I'm "snurching" (is that the term for "borrowing"?) those pics for future picture stories. Incidentally, for Ship Day I will try to post an occasional picture story and I encourage you, too, because you are sooooo good at this!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayiana

Third, I've been watching the posts here for several weeks, long before I actually joined, much less started posting myself, and I have a question. Do the majority of the people here watch SG-1 primarily for the S/J ship? Are there others, like me, who adore the ship but are quite content to watch the show for other reasons as well? I'm curious because of the number of folks who seem to dislike any episode that doesn't have ship or at least S/J in it.
                        Howdy, Ayiana!

I can't remember how long ago I started watching SG-1, but I was quite young--about 10/11, I think (and even then I loved the S/J romance ). But I do remember that from the very first time I saw it I began to adore the character of Jack O'Neill. I won't lie when I say I've primarily watched the show for Jack. He makes me laugh and RDA is a wonderful actor. If it hadn't been for his face on screen, I probably would have watched it when I could be bothered, from time to time, but never with the, er, obsession and love that I have done for the past six years. But there again I am going to watch season 9 when it hits the UK so it can't all be about him.

But yes, with Jack came the S/J ship, and I loved it! Unlike you, although I do enjoy different aspects of Stargate, I don't think I'll be as content in season 9 without the ship. Let me rephrase that... I won't be content if there's no emotion between the main characters. I don't think it's the actual romance that captures my imagination, it's the emotion. And despite the teary moments relating to Teal'c and Daniel, one of the best sources for emotion and feelings in the show, for me, centres around Sam and Jack's relationship and predicament.

I do watch SG-1 for other reasons. The "fantasy" genre--the abnormal and unknown--sucks me in like a big whoppin' black hole. In addition, I love action and adventure and the fighting scenes. But to me the best episodes come as a package. Action/capture/adventure usually leads to angst/hurt/danger, which brings about comfort/reassurance/honesty, which in the case of Sam and Jack equals SHIP. These are episodes such as Upgrades, Message in a Bottle, Into the Fire, Solitudes, Metamorphosis, Heroes and Lost City.

What I'm trying to say is that without emotion the episodes with or without their fancy ships, unusual aliens and big shiny guns don't mean a thing. Threads and Grace to me are two of the best episodes they've made, merely because of how sentimental they are (and even more emotional was Abyss, which is my absolute favourite due to Jack's pain and Daniel's comforting presence). Even in Window of Opportunity, which was one of my most humorous TV moments ever, the best, most powerful scene involved Jack shouting that he'd "lost his son" and seeing the reactions play across the faces of the three other SG-1 members.

So yeah, I do watch Stargate for the ship--because to me it's one of the most prominent and central sources for emotion and feelings in the show. It's rich in angst (aren't I nice? ). And whatever new dynamics they introduce to us in season nine, I somehow doubt they could ever replace the depth of our favourite pair's feelings for the other... Mitchell or no Mitchell as a newly-intergrated part of the team.

Anyway, folks, it's good to be back, once again indulging Sam and Jack shippiness! I have a lot in this thread to read! What's Avalon like?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                          Think I read somewhere that this season is going to be a lot about Daniel, which doesn't excite me one bit. I like Daniel but he's not my favorite and many of his best bits were playing off Jack. Before a Daniel fan takes umbrage I didn't say that's ALL I liked. Liked "Lifeboat" for instance. The Danielites are probably in hog heaven, tho. Sometimes I can't believe the amount of Daniel centered fanfic compared with that centered on other characters. I know he was the main character in the movie, but much has envolved since then. Yes, lose those Mitchell flashbacks asap. Whose idea was that?
                          Is anyone else worried that they are going to spring something on us about Jack next ep that we won't like?

Yeah, what is it with the flasbacks. Lots of shows are utilizing that device now. SG1, BSG, Lost, etc. Lost is the only one it is fun with though.
                          And yes, i have been worried since I found out Jack wasn't coming back.
                          sig by PM

Comment

First, good morning to everybody for whom it is still morning

Second, since there's a bit of an informal poll going, I too am a Girl Scout. I'm also the assistant leader for my daughter's junior/cadet troop - gold or silver award projects anyone?

Third, I've been watching the posts here for several weeks, long before I actually joined, much less started posting myself, and I have a question. Do the majority of the people here watch SG-1 primarily for the S/J ship? Are there others, like me, who adore the ship but are quite content to watch the show for other reasons as well? I'm curious because of the number of folks who seem to dislike any episode that doesn't have ship or at least S/J in it.

Personally, I enjoy SG-1 for lots of reasons. Yes, the S/J ship is one of my favorite aspects, but I really like nearly all of the characters (except possibly for Landry who still seems a bit stuffy to me). Teal'c's understated humor, Daniel's tendency to stick his nose where it really doesn't belong, Mitchell's awkward attempts to find his place in the program, and Vala's outrageous behavior all interest me for different reasons, and while the show does seem a little rocky at the moment, I attribute that in large part to the fact that they're blending a new group of actors and it always takes time for the new folks to get their footing on a show - whether it's the first episode or the 200th.

Just my humble opinion - my apologies if I've caused offense...
                            I started watching the show because I was a fan of the movie. I never saw it on Showtime, I had to wait for syndication. And then it was hit and miss, and I don't think I saw too many in order either. I wasn't even aware the ship was an issue until it moved to SciFi and I saw more of the old eps, and then the new season started. I remember seeing the promo for season seven and the 'Grace' kiss was in it and my friend just about died. I told her I didn't know they were together and she informed me about all the angst and shippiness that I had somehow missed. I just didn't see those eps I guess. But I have become a big fan of the ship in the past year.
                            sig by PM

Comment

<snip>
                              Welcome Ayiana. This is about one of the few threads that you can talk about the relationship (“ship”) between Sam and Jack. The good, the bad, and the ugly! In the past year and a half that I’ve been here we’ve gone up and down and back around regarding the ship. It’s a wonderful place to be able to be able to share your concerns, your rants, your highs and your lows with like-minded people.

Now in answer to your question… IMOHO we encompass every end of the S/J ship spectrum, from liking it a wee bit, to liking it a heck of a lot. For some it’s the sole reason they watch, for others, a very minor reason. For me, it wasn’t the S/J ship that got me hooked on the show. It was the ‘original’ team - their humor, the way they interacted with one another… I liked the stories, the SFX, the basic premise of the show… and the S/J ship was just the icing on my SG1 cupcake.
                              Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                              My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                                Delphi Forum? What was that?
                                Delphi was where Darren formerly had the forum at. It was a different set up. I lurked here when it was still Delphi & *much* prefer how the forum looks now. (It switched to the current format at the very end of April 2004.)
                                Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                                My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Working...
                                X