This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    I know everyone is entitled to there opinion but I'am shocked that so far more people are not upset about tonight episode.I had the same feeling about tonights epidose I had after watching Icon.I though it was pretty much a waste of an Hour.I just think some Fans love SG-1 and cannot bad mouth the Show.I will give the Show more time and when I think it's bad I'am going to continue to say so.I cannot wait to see the ratings on Monday.You can bet if the ratings are bad the spin will be no AT for the first 5 episodes and the Fans having to get used to the cast.TPTB will not even mention the RDA factor.TPTB and some of the Actors do n ot deserve a pass IMO because the way they talked up Season 9.

I still don't know what to think. I'm so desperate for some good new sci fi shows, that I will settle for mediocre. My Bab 5, Farscape, Firefly, and Season 1-7 Stargate DVDs are wearing out. I think they are trying to do too much at once. A lot of new characters, new bad guys, beloved characters absent for no apparent reason. The S/J ship could have at least given us an anchor to the past that we all obviously loved. They could have said anything about S/J without either actor actually being there, and I could have felt better about all these changes. I, however, continue to believe that TPTB are intelligent, because of the last eight seasons, and know their audience, and I will stay on the ride for ONE more season.
    sig by PM

Comment

Ok...I haven't read any spoilers for the episode yet. I've come straight here.

It was easy last week cause I was out all day and when I got back I could get the episode straight away! But now i've got to wait and i've got a huge urge to just read all the spoilers that hav beenn posted I'm going to have to find somehing to keep me busy.

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
        Welcome, guider79!
        You'll like it here. Everyone is so nice....and you won't get
        a red ding for disagreeing with someone.

You were a Girl Guide. I was a Girl Scout and once worked for the GS Council in Nashville. I bet a lot of other people on this thread were Girl Scouts or Girl Guides too! How about it? How many of you are there here with us? Heck, I bet Samantha Carter was a Girl Scout! I bet she even got the Gold Award!

These comments would be really funny......if they weren't also true!!!!! I thought Avalon 2 was better than Avalon 1.....but right now, SGA is just so much better!!!!!
        Well, I've never been a Girl Scout, but I have bought their cookies! haha

I thought Avalon 2 was better than Avalon 1 as well. Vala was also toned down on pt 2 which made her character more likeable in my opinion. She even appears to have something else on her mind besides money and sex. Perhaps her character will evolve into something more.

sg-1fanintn is absolutely correct in saying that SG-A is better than SG-1. It hurts me to say so since SG-1 is my first love. Still...I'm giving S9 a chance. Once AT gets back it's got to be better. I also have a hard time believing that she would stick with something that's on such rocky terrain. Also, Jack is back next week!!!
        -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by nell
          I didn't hate. I didn't love it.
          Spoiler:
          I like Landry's take charge attitude. Mitchell is a smart airman and not full of himself. Vala really toned down when she was facing death. Daniel is Daniel. I don't want him to hook up with Vala but he deserves someone. Dr. Caroline Landry is smart and professional so far. Teal'c is in angst whether to serve the Free Jaffa or the greater good by joining the Tauri in explorations. Dr. Lee is comic relief. I'm giving them more episodes to become cohesive. Now, about Jack. This is not the first episode that he has been absent but I know that he is not a regular anymore. That hasn't quite sunk in. I'm looking forward to seeing him next week. I hope that the new SG-1 is a team by the time Sam joins them. The single factor keeping me watching may be that I'm not giving up the Ship!
          Nell, my thought are exactly the same, I did not like it, but I did not hate it, it was definitely different though in a way
          Spoiler:
          they are introducing a new enemey, a new world and doing that without Sam and Jack is strange, everything is different.

I really liked CM last week, this week we saw more of him and I can only say that he is really a good guy, but how he is unders certain situations, I don't know still to see...

Vala was OK, finally an episode where it was not all about sex with her.

Daniel I really loved in this ep, although he is still talking to fast!.

Still waiting to see next week's as Avalon II is a 2 parter in a 3 ep story development and well, Jack will be there, after that it's just 3 more ep until Sam come back

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Eleta
            I still don't know what to think. Me, too.

I think they are trying to do too much at once. A lot of new characters, new bad guys, beloved characters absent for no apparent reason. I'm dizzy from the changes.

The S/J ship could have at least given us an anchor to the past that we all obviously loved. They could have said anything about S/J without either actor actually being there, and I could have felt better about all these changes. BIG MISTAKE that they are withholding the Ship. Chain of command excuse is sooooo stupid. There, I said it!!! STUPID.

I, however, continue to believe that TPTB are intelligent, because of the last eight seasons, and know their audience, and I will stay on the ride for ONE more season. Me, too. I have not categorized myself under "pathetically hooked" quite yet!!

Please see my comments in red!
            sigpic

Comment

First, good morning to everybody for whom it is still morning

Second, since there's a bit of an informal poll going, I too am a Girl Scout. I'm also the assistant leader for my daughter's junior/cadet troop - gold or silver award projects anyone?

Third, I've been watching the posts here for several weeks, long before I actually joined, much less started posting myself, and I have a question. Do the majority of the people here watch SG-1 primarily for the S/J ship? Are there others, like me, who adore the ship but are quite content to watch the show for other reasons as well? I'm curious because of the number of folks who seem to dislike any episode that doesn't have ship or at least S/J in it.

Personally, I enjoy SG-1 for lots of reasons. Yes, the S/J ship is one of my favorite aspects, but I really like nearly all of the characters (except possibly for Landry who still seems a bit stuffy to me). Teal'c's understated humor, Daniel's tendency to stick his nose where it really doesn't belong, Mitchell's awkward attempts to find his place in the program, and Vala's outrageous behavior all interest me for different reasons, and while the show does seem a little rocky at the moment, I attribute that in large part to the fact that they're blending a new group of actors and it always takes time for the new folks to get their footing on a show - whether it's the first episode or the 200th.

Just my humble opinion - my apologies if I've caused offense...

Comment

Hey Ayiana!

Don't worry - no offense caused.

For me? Ship is not the main draw...it's just the one that I talk about the most as I don't really fit in with the sciency types. I just feel that without Jack, the show's lost a certain 'oomph' and I feel qualitatively that the show's slowly going downhill...My favourite episodes aren't normally shippy, as long as they're good character-driven episodes. For instance...I love Daniel episodes and I love most of the Teal'c episodes...yet I cannot stand watching Grace...even for that kiss!!!
                sigpic
                Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

On the unnofficial poll

I've never been a girl guide, but I was in the Scouts for five years!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                    Nell, my thought are exactly the same, I did not like it, but I did not hate it, it was definitely different though in a way
                    Spoiler:
                    they are introducing a new enemey, a new world and doing that without Sam and Jack is strange, everything is different.

I really liked CM last week, this week we saw more of him and I can only say that he is really a good guy, but how he is unders certain situations, I don't know still to see...

Vala was OK, finally an episode where it was not all about sex with her.

Daniel I really loved in this ep, although he is still talking to fast!.

Still waiting to see next week's as Avalon II is a 2 parter in a 3 ep story development and well, Jack will be there, after that it's just 3 more ep until Sam come back
                    It's just too much too soon! The old fans need time to accept the changes but they are throwing everything and the kitchen sink into the episodes, making it very hard to adjust. We might have lost Lynn because her 5 year old daughter walked into
                    Spoiler:
                    Vala burning scene and was very upset
                    . They forget (or don't care) that kids watch the show and being at 8 EST kids are still up. They need to give kid warning if they going to start showing very discriptive scenes, on the show!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ayiana
                      First, good morning to everybody for whom it is still morning

Second, since there's a bit of an informal poll going, I too am a Girl Scout. I'm also the assistant leader for my daughter's junior/cadet troop - gold or silver award projects anyone?

Third, I've been watching the posts here for several weeks, long before I actually joined, much less started posting myself, and I have a question. Do the majority of the people here watch SG-1 primarily for the S/J ship? Are there others, like me, who adore the ship but are quite content to watch the show for other reasons as well? I'm curious because of the number of folks who seem to dislike any episode that doesn't have ship or at least S/J in it.

Personally, I enjoy SG-1 for lots of reasons. Yes, the S/J ship is one of my favorite aspects, but I really like nearly all of the characters (except possibly for Landry who still seems a bit stuffy to me). Teal'c's understated humor, Daniel's tendency to stick his nose where it really doesn't belong, Mitchell's awkward attempts to find his place in the program, and Vala's outrageous behavior all interest me for different reasons, and while the show does seem a little rocky at the moment, I attribute that in large part to the fact that they're blending a new group of actors and it always takes time for the new folks to get their footing on a show - whether it's the first episode or the 200th.

Just my humble opinion - my apologies if I've caused offense...
                      Hello Ayiana, One rule of this thread is that all opinions count and are good so no need to apologize, we are all different, we have different likes but we are all here because we love the ship

I personally started loving SG-1 because of RDA/Jack, after it was the great stories and team chemistry between the characters and the actors where great and last but not least, the ship, coming to this thread has made me re-discover all the episodes again and it has been fun.

S9 is different, the team as I had known for the past 8 years is no longer so it is definitely a new show, so no RDA, no team and no ship that is 0/3, but hey, I'm still watching and I'll still be, but I'm also waiting to discover this new team and this new show, I don't think I will have my mind made up until mid season, but I do have hopes.

PS: On the poll I was a Brownie in Scotland, but never a guide I have bought the cookies in the US, there is a white chocolate rasperry or something like that that is yummy
                      Last edited by LOL4JACK; 23 July 2005, 06:55 AM. Reason: Adding my guide experience :p

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

I agree 1000%.I do not want to upset anyone but IMO the Daniel character is just not leading character material on this Show.The same goes for Teal'c.TPTB need to give something else besides the
                        Spoiler:
                        Jaffa rebellion to Teal'c.TPTB also need to lose the Mitchell flashbacks real quick.I was expecting to hear the Rocky theme during the Sword fight.I though the Jonas character worked well because he was not the instant Hero and had to gain respect.I never got the feeling Jonas was trying to replace Daniel.I think the Sam character has the ability to be the lead character and TPTB should have Daniel and Teal'c play off Sam as much as possible and not have Daniel or Teal'c go off on there own.I always though Daniel and Teal'c worked real well with Jack and Jack had the ability to keep the Daniel character from being way out there.

Comment

Welcome Ayiana to the shipper family where everyones opinion counts! Post often!
                          sigpic

Comment

LOL4JACK - Are you scottish????

I live ten minutes from our community hall where the brownies and guides meet...

You know...I HAVE to do a fic with brownies and guides in it now...

...I have an idea forming hee hee!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              LOL4JACK - Are you scottish????

I live ten minutes from our community hall where the brownies and guides meet...

You know...I HAVE to do a fic with brownies and guides in it now...

...I have an idea forming hee hee!
                              Hi Suekay, I was born in Venezuela and raised in Scotland (Glasgow) I lived there for 7 years did all my primary school and I have the best of memories, I had so much fun, that's where I learned my english, but my scottish accent is now gone

After that came back to Venezuela and then moved to Spain (that's where I first saw Stargate it was the only non-spanish show I could get and it was on Saturday's at 1am , but I got hooked) moved to Mexico where I could watch SG-1 in the MGM channel... and now in the US where I get it directly on SCIFI and where I became a shipper and going to my first Con next month! what a journey oh and I've also spent a lot of my time in France and have my relief watching my favorite show in french

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                                I agree 1000%.I do not want to upset anyone but IMO the Daniel character is just not leading character material on this Show.The same goes for Teal'c.TPTB need to give something else besides the
                                Spoiler:
                                Jaffa rebellion to Teal'c.TPTB also need to lose the Mitchell flashbacks real quick.I was expecting to hear the Rocky theme during the Sword fight.I though the Jonas character worked well because he was not the instant Hero and had to gain respect.I never got the feeling Jonas was trying to replace Daniel.I think the Sam character has the ability to be the lead character and TPTB should have Daniel and Teal'c play off Sam as much as possible and not have Daniel or Teal'c go off on there own.I always though Daniel and Teal'c worked real well with Jack and Jack had the ability to keep the Daniel character from being way out there.

Think I read somewhere that this season is going to be a lot about Daniel, which doesn't excite me one bit. I like Daniel but he's not my favorite and many of his best bits were playing off Jack. Before a Daniel fan takes umbrage I didn't say that's ALL I liked. Liked "Lifeboat" for instance. The Danielites are probably in hog heaven, tho. Sometimes I can't believe the amount of Daniel centered fanfic compared with that centered on other characters. I know he was the main character in the movie, but much has envolved since then. Yes, lose those Mitchell flashbacks asap. Whose idea was that?
                                Is anyone else worried that they are going to spring something on us about Jack next ep that we won't like?

Comment

Working...
                                X