This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m_wendy_r
    I can't put seasons in a firm list. So anything I do say, it's not concrete. LOL

1. Season 4 (of course )
    2. Season 8 (Despite the lack of RDA, Threads did this for me)
    3. Season 7 (Just for Grace, and I've never heard of Chimera... Just kidding. Pete was cute, just not for Sam)
    4. Season 1 (The Broca Divide, I love that episode)
    5. Season 6 (Metamorphosis, Paradise Lost & even Descent and plenty of other little snippets of Shippy Gold)
    6. Season 2 (This is because of In the Line of Duty, The Fifth Race & 1969)
    7. Season 5 (Desperate Measures, I liked Ascension & Fail Safe)
    8. Season 3 (There is nothing wrong with Season 3, it just seems to have found it's way to the bottom, mmm....)

I haven't seen Season 9.

And just like Billie, I also reserve the right to edit this list at anytime.

Wendy
    Hugs
    Okay, I'm not going to be left out so here is my list. I too reserve the right to change my mind at any time.

1. Season 4 (Of course, how could it not top everyones list)
    2. Season 7 (Oh please, Grace and Lost City)
    3. Season 8 (Threads and Moebius put this up there)
    4. Season 1 (Come on! Broca Divide, Solitudes and the very first meeting)
    5. Season 2 (Just because it had Line Of Duty, Fifth Race, 1969 & Out of
    Mind)
    6. Season 3 (One ep really lifts this season - Point Of View!)
    7. Season 6 (Paradise Lost and Jonas)
    8. Season 5 (Just because someone has to be last and that's the only
    reason.)

TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Welcome, Lynn!
      Welcome Ayiana!
      Welcome, Stargate gal!

Well, there I was last night, about to make the last big run toward 800 posts when the forum went down!!! Drat! And RL was too busy to even check in at lunch today, but I'm back now.

Yes, Jack will be in ep 3. The rumor that he's going to head up Homeworld Security started at the end of S8. That's the common thought, and I think that's what we'll ultimately be told, but it hasn't been said onscreen yet. However, I expect to have those answers on Jack in ep 3. Beyond that, spoilers (and Amanda at Comic Con) have told us there will be some phone calls between the two of them this season.....but there's no word right now on when RDA will appear in another ep.
      Originally posted by divcon
      You'd think that with the way Moebius was worked that maybe Janet and Jacob could have been alive. Now that would solve all the problems of our missing our people.
      I was hoping that until I heard they had hired a new doc. I wish S9 had started with Janet back at the SGC, never having died!
      Originally posted by girlgater
      I did read somewhere that
      Spoiler:
      General Hammond would be making an appearance in S9. It's nothing against him, as I love him too, but I would really like to see Janet again--and Jacob. Shucks, why can't they all come back??
      Sigh.....why did they all have to be sent away in the first place?

I just wanted to say that my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the U. K. again tonight. I hope you and yours are fine.....and that you'll check in to let us know!

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
        Ohhh What's wrong with 24 and Alias ?!!

I know it is a bit OT but 24 is a great action show with plenty of suspense ..Season 4 was excellent ..As for Alias they really do some good ship in there ..I'm not that keen on some episodes I have seen in season 4 so far but It is still a very good action show with a very human ship where 2 people loving each other can't wait forever ..and Alias tptb seems to follow the human nature ....with sweet cuddles for the RST now that Syd and Vaughn are a couple .

I wish we could have had a bit more cuddles a la Deathknell and Heroes between Sam and Jack ....in the 8 years of the show .May be it would be easier to digest the lack of ship in season 9 .

Caty
        Hi Caty!!
        I gave up on Alias after the Season 2 or was it 3 Finale when Vaughn's wife was shot. The Ship was too slow. I gave up on 24 after the 2nd season cause it was too fantastic with all that was happening within 24 hours. Nobody slept, ate or went to the bathroom even!!! But, really not enough Ship with the right characters for me.

Now why would I not quit Stargate with their slow ship and fantastic storylines? Well, of course, sci fi can be as wild as they want it but they actually developed histories for the Tauri and aliens. Kept me interested for more. More importantly, I really liked the characters. I really, really like Sam. She's a brilliant, very competent and likable woman. Jack's more than eye candy!! He is honorable and very competent and in spite of his sarcasm, he's likable, too. The females on 24 and Alias are not the woman that Sam is. Jack Bauer is violent; he doesn't have a sense of humor. Vaughn didn't stand up to Sidney's dad.

Caty and other Alias/24 fans, just my opinion at the time I stopped watching those shows. Perhaps things have changed since then. I hope so.
        sigpic

Comment

Goodnight all

Sweet shippy dreams!

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
            Goodnight all

Sweet shippy dreams!

Night Billie!

TOGETHER FOREVER,
            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Ayiana
              I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, getting a feel for the way things work, and I've finally decided to come out of hiding to say hello to everybody. I'm actually a transplant from the JAG fandom, and it feels a little strange to be venturing out with a new show - kind of like the first day at a new school when I was a kid.

I watched all 8 previous season of SG-1 within about 2 months. I'm thinking that puts me firmly in the category of the obsessed. I am, despite my determination not to get caught up in another ship, hopelessly addicted to the idea of Sam and Jack. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson from 9 agonizing years waiting for Harm and Mac to get together on JAG, but apparently not. I wonder if it's a genetic defect...

I already run a readers' choice archive for the JAG fandom, as well as a message board for fanfiction authors and my own website with my JAG fanfic, so I'm thinking I must be a little bit nuts to be adding something else to my hobby list. Unfortunately, my muse tends to ignore my kicking and screaming, and keeps sending SG-1 plot bunny after plot bunny to plague my dreams. In a futile attempt to get her to leave me alone, I've finally written my first SG-1 fic, "Issues," which is archived here at Gateworld and which brings me, finally, to my questions.

Can anybody recommend other places where I should publish my SG-1 fics? Are there any message boards out there where fics can be posted, or only archives and email lists? Are there any other places besides here at Gateworld where a lot of S/J shippers hang out? Any and all advice for the newbie is much appreciated.
              delurking is a good thing .... that is also how I started here in GW with this very lovely Ship Family that we have here. Welcome and enjoy.

Comment

Hey GB, how's it going?

Here's some tenderness.

You can see his hand *YUMMY YUMMY* and tell how gentle he is with her.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                  oooh I never thought about Hammond either.. I do miss him! Really I do!
                  Yeah....sure...uh huh...likely story.

I hope that whoever the London bombing perps are, their souls suffer eternal damnation in Gehenna.
                  Last edited by mad_gater; 21 July 2005, 06:44 PM.

Comment

Sending shippy, peaceful dreams to all in the U. K.!

Comment

You'd think that with the way Moebius was worked that maybe Janet and Jacob could have been alive. Now that would solve all the problems of our missing our people.
                      I'd hoped for that as well. Esp. having Janet return via Moebius....would've given Daniel a second chance to get it right with Janet...
                      Last edited by mad_gater; 21 July 2005, 06:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate gal
                        [[COLOR=Navy]QUOTE=Sam_o_Neill]Oh I get what you mean about the Carter comment..I din't take it that way.
                        But to be honest I really don't mind wether its Jacob or Janet I want to see them both!!!
                        Hey, I'm a newby on the site and I totally agree with you guys about "Anything could happen after Moebius". I kept saying that to my parents but they said Janet and Jacob died for a reason: the actors were to busy and quit, or they retired. But I so wish they would come back, we don't know that many living Tok'ras and we don't have a lead doctor. It could really help with the explanations to my friends about Stargate SG-1.

PS: what happened with Jack in the first episode of season 9? (I don't get Scifi) I've been trying to find out for a week![/QUOTE]
                        *trips over newbie*

THOR!!!!!! Apparently he thinks it's funny to beam newbies right into my path...

WELCOME STARGATE GAL!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                          I'd hoped for that as well. Esp. having Janet return via Moebius....would've given Daniel a second chance to get ti right with Janet...

Do you really think that tptb would have gone sown that road. They only give us crumbs, what would they truly have given that ship.

I know this one's been one before but I can't resist it.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Do you really think that tptb would have gone sown that road. They only give us crumbs, what would they truly have given that ship.

I know this one's been one before but I can't resist it.

Hey! Broca Divide was on today on Sci Fi!

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r
                              I definently remember the Delphi days! And for old times sakes *throws a bucket of custard* hee

I am glad and good luck with your placement.

YAY, be here for Ship Day, I can't wait.

*Keeps chanting* Ship Day, Ship Day Ship Day Ship Day Ship Day.

I may be going mad

Wendy
                              Hugs
                              Join the crowd....after all, RC did say we had "issues."

Comment

What sorts of things have people prepared for Ship Day in the past? This is my first!

Comment

Working...
                                X