This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hey family !!
    wanted to thank those who answered my little question. Finally I bought the season 4 (of course !!) and the 6 I'll buy the 7 later cause I really like lost city.... that's a national treasure

concerning the discussion going on about
    Spoiler:
    the sorely missed character...I agree it sounds more like Jacob because of the Carter comment bu I'd love to see Hammond or Janet...in every case it's all good for us !!!

BTW any news about this fictional season 9 ??? SueKay ??? need help with something ? just let me know I'll do my best with the time I have. (SueKay...hope your fic is going well!!! I'm looking forward to it!!! come on girl !!! ...no pressure of course )

see ya all tomorrow guys and ....I send my thougts to all the family members from London and Great Britain in general cause it touches a whole nation... I think of you and hope you're not feeling too bad...
    ((((((((((((((((((((((((just for you))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
      hey family !!
      wanted to thank those who answered to my little question. Finally I bought the season 4 (of course !!) and the 6 I'll buy the 7 later cause I really like lost city.... that's a national treasure

concerning the discussion going on about
      Spoiler:
      the sorely missed character...I agree it sounds more like Jacob because of the Carter comment bu I'd love to see Hammond or Janet...in every case it's all good for us !!!

BTW any news about this fictional season 9 ??? SueKay ??? need help with something ? just let me know I'll do my best with the time I have. (SueKay...hope your fic is going well!!! I'm looking forward it!!! come on girl !!! ...no pressure of course )

see ya all tomorrow guys and ....I send my thougts to all the family memebre from London and Great Britain in general cause it touches a whole nation... I think of you and hope you're not feeling too bad...
      ((((((((((((((((((((((((just for you))))))))))))))))))))))))))
      I'm going to London in 10 days

But I'm sure I'll be okay. Thank you. My thoughts to anyone else here who has been caught up in this and you're right it does affect the whole nation.

And about the sorely missed character

Spoiler:
      I'd like to think it's Janet, because Sam and Janet were really close, and plus Janet's been gone longer. I miss her

Wendy
      Hugs
      sigpic
      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
        Okay, time to go to bed, it's 1.50am Friday. So I'll leave you with

*an oldie but a goodie*
        AHHHHHH, Thanks, divcon, for the nice afternoon uplift!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r
          I definently remember the Delphi days! And for old times sakes *throws a bucket of custard* hee

I am glad and good luck with your placement.

YAY, be here for Ship Day, I can't wait.

*Keeps chanting* Ship Day, Ship Day Ship Day Ship Day Ship Day.

I may be going mad

Wendy
          Hugs
          glad you do! I was just talking about the good old days yesterday with 'thelittlesis' when we meet up lol! Aaawww that is so nice *is drowned in custard by the cunning Wendy so she strikes back by throwing over thousands of shipper cookies* !

Thank you, I find out tomorrow which hospital I am going too!

I will, I will! I am all in a shippy mood so I am definitely ready for it. Last night I watched Grace! I love that episode…
          Spoiler:
          that kiss is just so great

Oh and my thoughts are with everyone who were effected by the events that happened in London today too. I have only this minute just heard about it! I was out all day!

~Tracey~
          Last edited by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules); 21 July 2005, 01:06 PM.

By Jenomac over @ Livejournal

My Livejournal

My Myspace

Comment

I know what you mean, especially since he's not there as much. Every scene he is in will be pure Gold, actually it's possible it will be pure Diamond.

Yeah, I love Will & Grace. It's amazingly funny, and yes Just on Living TV +1 just now. Good stuff.

Wendy
            Hugs

PS, Enjoy you're bath. I'm assuming that meant bath... LOL
            Yeah! Definately pure diamond!

Will and Grace was good tonight I thought Will was really sweet in the last one where he danced with Karen..

I did mean bath and it was very nice thank you

((((((((((((((((((((Wendy)))))))))))))))))))))))

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate gal
              [[COLOR=Navy]QUOTE=Sam_o_Neill]Oh I get what you mean about the Carter comment..I din't take it that way.
              But to be honest I really don't mind wether its Jacob or Janet I want to see them both!!!
              Hey, I'm a newby on the site and I totally agree with you guys about "Anything could happen after Moebius". I kept saying that to my parents but they said Janet and Jacob died for a reason: the actors were to busy and quit, or they retired. But I so wish they would come back, we don't know that many living Tok'ras and we don't have a lead doctor. It could really help with the explanations to my friends about Stargate SG-1.

PS: what happened with Jack in the first episode of season 9? (I don't get Scifi) I've been trying to find out for a week![/QUOTE]

Hi, I'll try to answer your questions about why Janet and Jacob were killed off. Janet first: from what i've read from TPTB they were doing this two parter (Heroes) in Season 7 that would be a homage to servicemen and women who have given their lives and felt they needed to have a death on this episode for that reason & to make it have the most impact. It had to be an important character, but not the team, and didn't want a one time character we didn't know very well, so they picked Janet. I've also read that Teryl was unhappy when she found out. So I understand why she was picked, but I don't have to be happy about it. Jacob: this will have to be spoiler method, although the reasons for his death are my opinion only.
              Spoiler:
              They really hadn't done anything with the Tok-ra for quite a while, I feel they thought there wasn't much they could do with that aspect anymore, so aside from Jacob helping Sam in Reckoning I and II, they decided he should die. Some fans have said he died to help out the Sam/Jack ship but I don't see it that way. I could be very wrong but I doubt we'll see any more Tok-ra stories--they're going in different directions--and they've said as much about Goaulds, etc.too.

Comment

I'm having trouble getting on the Sg-1 fic awards site and wondering if anyone else has too. It just keeps saying it can't find it.

Comment

I'm going to London in 10 days

But I'm sure I'll be okay. Thank you. My thoughts to anyone else here who has been caught up in this and you're right it does affect the whole nation.

And about the sorely missed character

Spoiler:
                  I'd like to think it's Janet, because Sam and Janet were really close, and plus Janet's been gone longer. I miss her

Wendy
                  Hugs
                  Hey m_wendy_r

Welcome in anticipation of your visit to London! I too am sure you will be okay I was on duty near to the The Oval where one of the incidents occured today, I couldn't believe it when the call came through, just too scary to think the events of a couple of weeks ago could happen again.

After my mad day at work it's so nice to come home and catch up on all the shippy gossip, and sounds like some good stuff about S9! I haven't read the details so I'm gonna look at it through my rose tinted shipper glasses and pretend that its JACK THAT COMING BACK!! ok, indulge me my shipper friends it's been a long and scary day

As for shipper day....plans are a foot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs to all the shipper family
                  (((((((((SHIPPER FAMILY))))))))))))

Comment

I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, getting a feel for the way things work, and I've finally decided to come out of hiding to say hello to everybody. I'm actually a transplant from the JAG fandom, and it feels a little strange to be venturing out with a new show - kind of like the first day at a new school when I was a kid.

I watched all 8 previous season of SG-1 within about 2 months. I'm thinking that puts me firmly in the category of the obsessed. I am, despite my determination not to get caught up in another ship, hopelessly addicted to the idea of Sam and Jack. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson from 9 agonizing years waiting for Harm and Mac to get together on JAG, but apparently not. I wonder if it's a genetic defect...

I already run a readers' choice archive for the JAG fandom, as well as a message board for fanfiction authors and my own website with my JAG fanfic, so I'm thinking I must be a little bit nuts to be adding something else to my hobby list. Unfortunately, my muse tends to ignore my kicking and screaming, and keeps sending SG-1 plot bunny after plot bunny to plague my dreams. In a futile attempt to get her to leave me alone, I've finally written my first SG-1 fic, "Issues," which is archived here at Gateworld and which brings me, finally, to my questions.

Can anybody recommend other places where I should publish my SG-1 fics? Are there any message boards out there where fics can be posted, or only archives and email lists? Are there any other places besides here at Gateworld where a lot of S/J shippers hang out? Any and all advice for the newbie is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Ayiana
                      I've been lurking here for a couple of months now, getting a feel for the way things work, and I've finally decided to come out of hiding to say hello to everybody. I'm actually a transplant from the JAG fandom, and it feels a little strange to be venturing out with a new show - kind of like the first day at a new school when I was a kid.

I watched all 8 previous season of SG-1 within about 2 months. I'm thinking that puts me firmly in the category of the obsessed. I am, despite my determination not to get caught up in another ship, hopelessly addicted to the idea of Sam and Jack. You'd think I'd have learned my lesson from 9 agonizing years waiting for Harm and Mac to get together on JAG, but apparently not. I wonder if it's a genetic defect...

I already run a readers' choice archive for the JAG fandom, as well as a message board for fanfiction authors and my own website with my JAG fanfic, so I'm thinking I must be a little bit nuts to be adding something else to my hobby list. Unfortunately, my muse tends to ignore my kicking and screaming, and keeps sending SG-1 plot bunny after plot bunny to plague my dreams. In a futile attempt to get her to leave me alone, I've finally written my first SG-1 fic, "Issues," which is archived here at Gateworld and which brings me, finally, to my questions.

Can anybody recommend other places where I should publish my SG-1 fics? Are there any message boards out there where fics can be posted, or only archives and email lists? Are there any other places besides here at Gateworld where a lot of S/J shippers hang out? Any and all advice for the newbie is much appreciated.
                      Yep - A lot of people post at fanfiction.net. I have posted my first few fics there.

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

Hi there. Welcome to the Shipper Family.
                        Here are three links for shipper talk...
                        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/samandjack/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/gateship/

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/samjack17plus/

There is also the archives of these groups..

http://www.samandjack.net/directory/frames.html
                        http://www.sjnc17.stargate-brats.net/
                        We can't forget http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/

I hope this helps you.
                        sigpic

Comment

WELCOME TO THE SHIPPER FAMILY AYIANA!!!!

Great that you have delurked It took me quite a while to delurk too but finally plucked up the courage to introduce myself and have been having a ball ever since!!!
                          I would love to help you out with your fic questions but as I have yet to take the plunge and put finger to keyboard I will have to defer you to other shipper family members (the literary talented!) who I'm sure will help you out (coz we are that kind of family! )

Well whadda you know I have a quick check and find that lynn and dipsofjazz have done the honours....now that's service for ya!

Anyhoo...come back lots and post lots and don't forget.......

7 DAYS TO GO TILL SHIPPER DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Round 34 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. The Broca Divide was eliminated in Round 33. Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is now #5 from the top, which means it’s very close to being eliminated! You can make a difference!. Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
                            http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=12889

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Comment

WELCOME AYIANA

So glad you decided to delurk. I've only been here a few months but it is wonderful in the ship pool, dive straight in. I've posted on fanfiction, it's a good site and all you do is post the link in your sig and then everyone knows where to go.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
                                Yep - A lot of people post at fanfiction.net. I have posted my first few fics there.
                                Ah yes. Good old ff.net. I posted a few JAG fics back there a loooong time ago, but haven't visited in ages. A person can get lost there. Thanks for the tip, though. I'll keep it in mind.

Comment

Working...
                                X