This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
    ooooh! I've just been to read all the spoilers for Ripple Effect! It sounds like a great episode!

Ripple Effect
    Spoiler:
    but when I read the bit about 'the return of a dearly loved, sorely missed character' it was Janet who instantly sprang to mind. and also the fact that Joe mention that the plot came from an idea pitched last year could also mean janet because Jacob wasn't dead until the end of season 8 so they wouldn't have to bring him back.....
    ANyway thats just the way I took it because even Janet would make it heavily Sam centred wouldn't she...I know it would have a higher possiblility of ship if Jacob came back but we all know Janet, she was Sams best friend and I doubt Sam could hide the fact that she is with Jack for very long Jan could see straight through her

I'm actually quite excited about the rest of Season 9 now!!
    Hey *waves*

must admit that didn't cross my mind, good point tho. I just thought that

Spoiler:

It would be Jacod because i tokk the carter comment to mean more that one carter rather than having the ep centered around Sam.
    Plus i'm sure i remeber someone sayin that at some convention or sumit or other it was confirmed that jacob WOULD be back in season 9.

Besided we need janet back aswell, this season is goin to see Hammon and Jacob, we definatly need some janet in there aswell

Just athought

misstweedledee

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
    honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Did you read that?

Spoiler:

"Just last week we were discussing a story that (if everything falls into place) might see the possible temporary return of a dearly departed character." (J.M.)

Okay, can anyone tell me what "departed" means...I thought it means "dead", right?
      But if it means dead, then this time it can't be Hammond who returns....so the chance that it's either Jacob or Janet is much higher.
      Can anyone help me with the my English please...?
      Did I misunderstand that?

Just wanted to add: This is my 666th post...*evil grin*

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
        Did you read that?

Spoiler:

"Just last week we were discussing a story that (if everything falls into place) might see the possible temporary return of a dearly departed character." (J.M.)

Okay, can anyone tell me what "departed" means...I thought it means "dead", right?
        But if it means dead, then this time it can't be Hammond who returns....so the chance that it's either Jacob or Janet is much higher.
        Can anyone help me with the my English please...?
        Did I misunderstand that?
        knowing the way they play the word games-it can mean gone or dead.
        Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
          knowing the way they play the word games-it can mean gone or dead.

Ah okay....doesn't make it clearer then.....

Thanks for your help pittsburghgirl!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            Divcon is quite right Ship Day is July 28th.

Joe's been questioned a LOT on who the
            Spoiler:
            much missed character is and basically laughs at everyones suggestions of Jacob and Janet. But he hasn't answered the question so who knows? Others have suggested Hammond but I've not seen a reply to that one either.

*shrugs* He's doing that vague watch-and-see thing again.
            Hey *waves*

Well don't forget that.....

Spoiler:

Hammond is goin to be in the Fouth Hourseman. They posted that on stargate solutions the other day http://stargate-sg1-solutions.com/ip...ndex.php?cat=3

misstweedledee

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
            honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
              You'd think that with the way Moebius was worked that maybe Janet and Jacob could have been alive. Now that would solve all the problems of our missing our people.

Yes, I thought about that too ...it would have been a nice gesture speciallyy for the Janet Fans to see her again in Moebius ...but TPTB seems to rush everything and miss all the great opportunities ..They need to perhaps go back and learn how to make a great show ..Is there a book anywhere ?!!

Caty

Comment

Okay, time to go to bed, it's 1.50am Friday. So I'll leave you with

*an oldie but a goodie*

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                  Hi Buc252!!

I run hot and cold on this but when it comes down to it, I keep watchin'!! Hee, hee! I have experience dropping shows cold, e.g. 24, Alias, and so forth when they did not deliver/were silly/were audacious and you get my drift. But, somehow, I hold onto SG-1 and Sam and Jack. I think the fanfiction fortifies me somehow. I didn't read fanfic before Stargate. Speaking of which, there is a hot story that I must finish in the Stargate Fan Awards noms. **shivers**fans self**stupid grin on face**

Ohhh What's wrong with 24 and Alias ?!!

I know it is a bit OT but 24 is a great action show with plenty of suspense ..Season 4 was excellent ..As for Alias they really do some good ship in there ..I'm not that keen on some episodes I have seen in season 4 so far but It is still a very good action show with a very human ship where 2 people loving each other can't wait forever ..and Alias tptb seems to follow the human nature ....with sweet cuddles for the RST now that Syd and Vaughn are a couple .

I wish we could have had a bit more cuddles a la Deathknell and Heroes between Sam and Jack ....in the 8 years of the show .May be it would be easier to digest the lack of ship in season 9 .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by misstweedledee
                    Hey *waves*

must admit that didn't cross my mind, good point tho. I just thought that

Spoiler:

It would be Jacod because i tokk the carter comment to mean more that one carter rather than having the ep centered around Sam.
                    Plus i'm sure i remeber someone sayin that at some convention or sumit or other it was confirmed that jacob WOULD be back in season 9.

Besided we need janet back aswell, this season is goin to see Hammon and Jacob, we definatly need some janet in there aswell

Just athought

misstweedledee
                    Oh I get what you mean about the Carter comment..I din't take it that way.
                    But to be honest I really don't mind wether its Jacob or Janet I want to see them both!!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

[[COLOR=Navy]QUOTE=Sam_o_Neill]Oh I get what you mean about the Carter comment..I din't take it that way.
                      But to be honest I really don't mind wether its Jacob or Janet I want to see them both!!! [/QUOTE]

Hey, I'm a newby on the site and I totally agree with you guys about "Anything could happen after Moebius". I kept saying that to my parents but they said Janet and Jacob died for a reason: the actors were to busy and quit, or they retired. But I so wish they would come back, we don't know that many living Tok'ras and we don't have a lead doctor. It could really help with the explanations to my friends about Stargate SG-1.

PS: what happened with Jack in the first episode of season 9? (I don't get Scifi) I've been trying to find out for a week!

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                        Well as I am on holiday (well sort of) I thought I would de lurk again!

*Giggles*! I knew you would remember, if you didn't I would have just reminded you of the Delphi days and the greatness that was the food fight thread! LOL, well at least you remember now!

Yeah, I only started in April and had exams already. I have got a placement in August! Oh that’s great, I bet you are glad!

Anyway sorry for the OT-ness. And I shall probably be around for ship day too! I have to go to uni in the morning but I will be back in the afternoon! Last shipper day was brilliant and I am sure this one will be great too!

~Tracey~
                        I definently remember the Delphi days! And for old times sakes *throws a bucket of custard* hee

I am glad and good luck with your placement.

YAY, be here for Ship Day, I can't wait.

*Keeps chanting* Ship Day, Ship Day Ship Day Ship Day Ship Day.

I may be going mad

Wendy
                        Hugs
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Billie

I've got seasons 1-6 on region 2 dvd and they are all great. Lots of cool extras. Funny you should ask about recommended seasons as I was thinking earlier in what order I would rate the 8 so far.

Here's my SG1 chart listing!
                          1. Season 4 (well any red blooded shipper has gotta go for that one at the top!)
                          2. S6
                          3. S1
                          4. S7 (call me fickle but the hallucinated passion in 'grace' bumps this 1 up my list!! )
                          5. S2
                          6. S5
                          7. S3
                          8. S8 (I'm afraid lack of RDA made big difference for me)

PS - seeing as I've devised my list in a mega hurry I'd like to reserve the right to change my mind at anytime!!

Goodnight all and sweet shipper dreams
                          I can't put seasons in a firm list. So anything I do say, it's not concrete. LOL

1. Season 4 (of course )
                          2. Season 8 (Despite the lack of RDA, Threads did this for me)
                          3. Season 7 (Just for Grace, and I've never heard of Chimera... Just kidding. Pete was cute, just not for Sam)
                          4. Season 1 (The Broca Divide, I love that episode)
                          5. Season 6 (Metamorphosis, Paradise Lost & even Descent and plenty of other little snippets of Shippy Gold)
                          6. Season 2 (This is because of In the Line of Duty, The Fifth Race & 1969)
                          7. Season 5 (Desperate Measures, I liked Ascension & Fail Safe)
                          8. Season 3 (There is nothing wrong with Season 3, it just seems to have found it's way to the bottom, mmm....)

I haven't seen Season 9.

And just like Billie, I also reserve the right to edit this list at anytime.

Wendy
                          Hugs
                          sigpic
                          Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Firstly, I'd like to thank everyone that has welcomed me and sent me some of those green cool stuff.

Secondly,

Spoiler:
                            I'd like it to be Janet that is the sorely missed character, although Jack is already sorely missed

Of course, it could be wishful thinking.

Wendy
                            Hugs
                            Last edited by m_wendy_r; 21 July 2005, 10:28 AM.
                            sigpic
                            Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by m_wendy_r
                              I can't put seasons in a firm list. So anything I do say, it's not concrete. LOL

1. Season 4 (of course )
                              2. Season 8 (Despite the lack of RDA, Threads did this for me)
                              3. Season 7 (Just for Grace, and I've never heard of Chimera... Just kidding. Pete was cute, just not for Sam)
                              4. Season 1 (The Broca Divide, I love that episode)
                              5. Season 6 (Metamorphosis, Paradise Lost & even Descent and plenty of other little snippets of Shippy Gold)
                              6. Season 2 (This is because of In the Line of Duty, The Fifth Race & 1969)
                              7. Season 5 (Desperate Measures, I liked Ascension & Fail Safe)
                              8. Season 3 (There is nothing wrong with Season 3, it just seems to have found it's way to the bottom, mmm....)

I haven't seen Season 9.

And just like Billie, I also reserve the right to edit this list at anytime.

Wendy
                              Hugs
                              I don't want to feel left out so i'm going to list my fave seasons aswell
                              but as you have both said it is nothing concrete cause its all Stargate and almost all of them are great in their own little ways

1. Season 4! (I bet you can't guess why )
                              2. Season 7 (Lost City was the best Season finale IMO and all the eps were great! Exept Chimera of course!)
                              3. Season 6 (Thinking about it this was quite a shippy season and it had Jonas! )
                              4. Season 8 (Threads! Sam/Jack! )
                              5. Season 5 (There were some good storylines here not much ship tho.)
                              6. Season 2 (In the line of Duty was a good one )
                              7. Season 3 (Some good episodes...)
                              8. Season 1 (After all SG-1 know now its weird watching the old eps where they hardly know anything about anything lol )
                              Last edited by Sam_o_Neill; 21 July 2005, 10:37 AM.

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Stargate gal
                                Hey, I'm a newby on the site and I totally agree with you guys about "Anything could happen after Moebius". I kept saying that to my parents but they said Janet and Jacob died for a reason: the actors were to busy and quit, or they retired. But I so wish they would come back, we don't know that many living Tok'ras and we don't have a lead doctor. It could really help with the explanations to my friends about Stargate SG-1.

PS: what happened with Jack in the first episode of season 9? (I don't get Scifi) I've been trying to find out for a week!
                                Hey Stargate_Gal! Welcome to the shipper family thread!
                                I agree with you about Jacob and Janet!
                                As for Jack in Avalon,
                                Spoiler:
                                he has been promoted to head of Homeworld security in Washington (Hammonds old job) so he is no longer at the SGC We will see him again in episode 3 but thats it for now, we haven't heard wether he will be seen in any others at the moment...

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Working...
                                X