This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by trupi
    We know they are different but people not familiar with the actors are having a problem. My office workers were not first ones to say that to me this week (because of the TV guide cover). But thank g-- they didn't try to get a RDA look alike because that would have blown the top off the fan's patience. The show would have been dead on arrival!
    There is no RDA look-alike!! He's one of a kind. Just kidding, as I'm sure there is a gray haired actor out there somewhere who could be considered looking a bit like RDA, but......

Just noticed on a skim through of Avalon again, that BBrowder has this habit of glancing a certain way that shows only the whites of his eyes. NOT attractive. In the future there has to be a way of distinguishing between the two BB's. I go for BBro and BBri, but maybe just plain Ben and Beau would be better.

Comment

ALOHA FAIR SHIPPERS!!!!!

Someone (can't remember who) said that there's less of us than there used to be. But I dissagree. I think the difference is that there are fewer regulars now than there used to be. normally average 300 posts a month, but since I lost my internet connection, I've made just over a hundred in three months. A lot of shippers have moved on, but I think we'll see some familiar faces popping up for ship day. I think it was ship mum who kept the original family list, so someone should PM her for it. I also think that a speperate thread is warranted for ship day. It can be integrated into the archive the day after.

I'm feeling positive as ever about S/J ship...just not the show as well...I may as well be honest, that I loved farscape until John and Aeryn completely took it over. That was a ship over-kill and if it had been repeated in SG1, I would still be visiting the Anti thread. I was an S/J anti shipper, and it took me a few months to warm up to S/J and that only happened because it was so well done. I don't like Farscape because of BB and CB, and I fear they're going to take over this show too.
      sigpic
      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

ALOHA AGAIN FAIR SHIPPERS!

I've got a little announcement

MY SITE'S GOT OVER 1000 HITS!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        sigpic
        Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
          ALOHA AGAIN FAIR SHIPPERS!

I've got a little announcement

MY SITE'S GOT OVER 1000 HITS!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey *waves*

congratts suekay, in all fairness you site is great tho

comtrya my shippers hope all are well, and everything is right in shipper town

misstweedledee

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
          honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Hey Shipper Family!

I'm anxious for Part 2 of Avalon. Wonder if
            Spoiler:
            they will have any additional phone calls to Sam. It would be great if they could. I was surprised to see her in Part 1, so you never know.

Congrats, sueKay, on your site count. It is a terrific site!
            -girlgater

Comment

Hey guys,

I just wanted to remind you all to vote in the SG-1 Ultimate Episode Thread, so as to save The Broca Divide, Metamorphosis, Divide and Conquer, and Beneath the Surface from being eliminated. I get a kick out of seeing The Broca Divide (somehow, I don't know how) survive round after round, as it is certainly sending some people into a frenzy. Heh heh.

OK. Well. Thanks! That is all.

Happy shipping!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                Nope sorry not T...

Ship Day is still the 28th! So i'll see you there! if i don't see you before
                Aww, I apologise.

I tried to give you some Green, I hope it's worked.

Yes, you will see me on Ship Day, hopefully its a seperate thread.

You will probably see me before too.

Wendy
                Hugs
                sigpic
                Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

hey shipper family !!!!!
                  hope you're going well
                  first congrats suekay !!!
                  second! wow, that list is impressive !!! I'm looking forward july 28th and my first shipper day !! Hope I'll be able to stop by with the time difference between France and the US
                  Third, it's great to see some of you posting fics and pics, that's great ! thanks!
                  Fourth...oh yeah ! I need your opinion my dear family I saw online some cheap sg boxsets on amazon.co.uk. I wanted your opinions about the british box set. What do you think of them? and which seasons do you recommend ?? well not the 4th please !! this one is already on my list

and just cause that's you...a big HUG for my family !!! (((((((((((((((((((((shipper family))))))))))))))))))))))

Comment

Originally posted by Lynn
                    I know to some it would sound really weird - but I know you guys will understand. I really missed Jack and Sam during Avalon and it actually made me physically sad. I'd tell myself to get a life but I already have one of those :-(
                    Hey Lynn.

That doesn't sound wierd at all, I think its save to say that most of us are emotionally attached to the show (and to Sam and Jack). I get all fluttery in the stomach when they are on screen and it has been known to make me cry.

A part of my concern for Season 9 is no Jack or Sam (at least for the first quarter), they are my favourite characters and although SG-1 isn't about that primarily, it is for me.

Don't get me wrong, love the action, the storylines, the science techno-babble and the other characters but Sam and Jack are the main characters and my favourite episodes tend to be centered around them.

Don't feel wierd, you're not alone.

Wendy
                    Hugs
                    sigpic
                    Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by Twisted Angel (Sam_rules)
                      This is just a fly by post. I have not been in here for ages (that's what uni will do to you )!

But I was lurking and saw this post.
                      Hey W, it is me T lol! How could you forget?!

Hey to everyone else . I haven't read any spoilers and I don't want to, to be honest with you (I can wait, no seriously, I am being good ). But I am still a big, big shipper! And yes, in my mind they are together too!

Ok I will probably go back to lurking now lol!

~Tracey~
                      T!!!!!!!!!!!!! I do remember you, honestly. It's just I knew the name Sam was in your name and I met so many people last time. I do actually remember Sam o Neill, just not at the right moment, I remembered this morning and smacked my head.

I know what you mean about Uni, although for me it is College that did it. I've finished my first year and I'm well on my way to getting high grades so I can relax now, I did the hard part. YES!

I hope you de-lurk again.

Wendy
                      Hugs
                      sigpic
                      Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

Originally posted by ChevronSeven
                        In preparation for Shipper Day...

I adore that picture! It's so cute. Love it.

Wendy
                        Hugs
                        sigpic
                        Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

nothing better than a little fics talk before heading to bed!

Lynn....you're right! THAT is what I call "fishing"!!! good job

another question...is Cathain Nottingham on this thread ?? who is she ?? cause she's obviously a shipper if you're here I enjoyed Reasons a lot !! congrats and thanks for sharing with us...that excatly what I needed...short funny and shippy shippy !!!!! great to make some good dreams !!!!

got to go now, have a great day my fellow american shippers and a good night my dear european brothers and see ya all tomorrow!! (no I didn't forget the Australian shippers..I'm not talking to them cause they are sleeping don't want to bother them in the middle of their big dreamnt honkin' kiss !!!!!!!)

Comment

Hello again!

For those of you who are interested in voting in the SG-1 Ultimate Episode Tournament (located in the general discussion folder), let me clarify some of the rules. It can be kinda confusing if you haven't done it before.

To make sure your votes get counted, you have to enter 8 of your LEAST FAVORITE episodes from the list of episodes still remaining. You can normally find this list from Katerine in one of the most recent previous pages or on the very first page of the thread.

Make sure they're your least favorite (or the ones you despise, as many have posted), because many of us have made the mistake of putting our favorites, and the point of this little... game ... is to eliminate the ones we don't like. If we vote for eps that have already been elminated, if we vote more than once during a round, or if we vote for more or less than 8 eps, our vote doesn't get counted and that is a bummer! Sometimes these votes can make or break an ep.

I think that's it! Good luck and have fun!

Comment

Thanks a million - I'm working on some new fics now if I can ever find the time to finish them :-)

As for Cathain, not sure if she's on this thread but I have her e-mail address if you need it.

Sweet dreams :-)

My SG-1 fic http://www.fanfiction.net/~lynnmichelle

Comment

hello, shipper family
                                spaz.....love the gate geeks!!!!
                                can' t wait for shipper day next week........hope RL doesn't get in the way!
                                Sam and Jack forever!!!!!!!!!
                                Have a great day

Comment

Working...
                                X