This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal
    i think the 'real' test might be next week, in avalon part 2. some fans might have come into the show not knowing about the changes.
    They would have to be Deaf,Dumb and Blind not to know about the changes.

some might have heard about it and didn't want to give the show a chance.
    This I can understand. I'm a bit dubious about watching it myself but when we finally get it I'll give it a chance.
    but if next week's rating increase, that means that the viewers 'can' handle the changes. i don't think it's just about the plot, but if the viewers can embrace these changes. we'll see next week i think.
    Everything deserves to be given to a chance. Even a show without Jack.

sally [/QUOTE]

TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
      Well, I finally got to watch the tape of Avalon, and I must confess I watched tape of another show I missed last weeked first. (OT on the other show I watched--I consider myself a dedicated Elizabeth George reader, but don't remember at least one of the plots they're televising and wonder if they're stories written just for TV). Anyway, here goes:
      Spoiler:

(snipped)

Sam: Pleasantly surprised to see her. Will not analyze what she said in Avalon as others have done that, but wonder if what AT said about Cassie was just AT's idea. Have any of TPTB mentioned Cassie regarding Sam's absence? It did seem they changed their explanations of her absence a few time.

Spoiler:
      there's more than one reason for sam's absense, with cassie being one of them. (guess what one of the others might be? )

sally
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
        Here's the transcript from CJ

Spoiler:

JACK'S HOUSE. Jack comes in with a couple of bags of shopping in one hand and his cellphone in the other. He's talking to Sam on the phone.
        CARTER (over phone): How about Monday morning?
        O'NEILL: No, I have a thing with someone from CIA, a Johnson someone or other. It's about that whole Kinsey thing.
        CARTER: So, any big plans for the weekend?
        O'NEILL (walking into the kitchen and putting the bags down): Oh yeah. Big. *Huge*!
        (We see that Sam is at SGC, using one of the phones in a corridor.)
        CARTER: Yeah, me neither.
        O'NEILL: What are you talkin' about? I just walked in with a whole handful of ingredients for my world-famous omelette.
        CARTER: World-famous, huh? What's in it?
        O'NEILL (taking some bottles of beer out of one of the shopping bags): Eggs.
        CARTER: I don't think that that actually qualifies as a recipe.
        O'NEILL: Oh, don't kid yourself. There's a secret ingredient. I can't tell you what it is or I'd have to shoot you.
        CARTER (who has heard Jack putting the beer bottles onto the kitchen table): It's beer, isn't it?
        O'NEILL: Carter ...
        (At that moment, a middle-aged man bursts through the kitchen door, pointing a pistol at Jack.)
        O'NEILL: ... let me call you back.
        CARTER: I knew it!

Can't say I'll be trying Jack's recipe though
        Maybe I've just been dense about the CJ scene. I was just happy to see Sam and Jack being playful on the phone. But S8 CJ
        Spoiler:
        Jack was definitely inviting Sam over for omlettes! Wow!! That would have been an almost date!

Token ~

Comment

I wasn't surprised by the ratings. I would be interested to know what rating TPTB were wanting. I would think that with the changes that a 2.1 would be good, but I don't know anything about show biz. I was surprised by the Atlantis and BSG ratings since they were cliffhangers. I'm not a loyal fan of Atlantis. I can take it or leave it. I was stoked about BSG, but the complicated story arc and the oversexed characters is causing my interest to dwindle. Interestinglly enough, after the premieres I am now most excited about SG-1 than the other shows.

Token ~

Comment

i think the 'real' test might be next week, in avalon part 2. some fans might have come into the show not knowing about the changes. some might have heard about it and didn't want to give the show a chance. but if next week's rating increase, that means that the viewers 'can' handle the changes. i don't think it's just about the plot, but if the viewers can embrace these changes. we'll see next week i think.

sally
            Yes, next week's ratings will be interesting but I think episode 3 will be equally interesting
            Spoiler:
            because Jack will be appearing and surely TPTB will promote that.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
              Well, last year we had a special thread just for the one day here , so I think we should do this again. I'm sure our ship mum, Shipperahoy will open a new thread for us for the day.
              I agree, bev. I think a separate thread for Ship Day would be best. Where is Ship Mum?? Recovering from Comic Con???

Ship Mum, come give your shiplets some direction for Ship Day!!!! We need to decide on a poll. How about we vote on what Sam and Jack's future should be? Or a vote on what shippy scenes we would like to see in Season 9 with RDA being seen? What other ideas?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR THE S/J SHIP FAMILY:

Nell and I are working on a little project for Ship Day, and we need to know one little thing first. Are we going to have S/J Ship Day right here on our own thread, or start a new thread for it? Could we try to get a concensus in the next 24 hours about what everyone prefers? Sorry to press for a decision, but it affects the project we've been working on.

IMO, we should keep shipper's day here. This is especially for those who know that shipper day is on July 28 and they will come looking for this thread. It is less confusing if we remain here.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                  IMO, we should keep shipper's day here. This is especially for those who know that shipper day is on July 28 and they will come looking for this thread. It is less confusing if we remain here.
                  We need to reach a consensus quickly cos L4J has to PM Joe

Personally, I'd like to have the separate thread. Kinda makes it more special if there's a thread devoted just to that one day. Last year's goal was for 1000 posts on the day and sueKay suggested we go for 1500 this year. It's hard to tell how many posts exactly if we keep it here. There's also the problem of finding it in the archive (a very scary place ) at a later date.

We can always paste a big huge link here for any shippers to come join us on the Annual Ship Day thread.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
                    Yeah, as far as I remember is that a line of a Monty Python song...and it's not as romantic as you think...
                    But the line is cute though. As long as he doesn't sing the rest of the song, it's shippy.
                    lol, thanks I'm just gonna take it as shippy becuase that is the only line we got to hear...... I love the start of forsaken, I watched it last night to check out the song and Sam and Jack seem really comfortable together
                    Thnaks again

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      The song is a Mony Python song, and apart from that line it certainly isn't shippy. Here is a link for the words, but please remember that these words are NC17, so you have been warned!
                      erm...Thank you, I think I'm just going to forget I ever read that and go back to knowing just the one line........

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                        Hey ya. Just played that scene and Jack definitely sounds to be singing '...tell me you love me..'. I don't recognise the song at all but I'm with you on your opinion...Jack, Sam, alone, him singing love lyrics...gotta be shippy! yay!!

There is also another scene from that episode which IMO is very shippy and its when Sam is fixing the ship and the guy says to her:

'So, do you have anyone special back home on earth?' and Sam replies

'Nothing I'd care to discuss' - Oh yes, uh huh, ship alert!!!

How bout a little pic from forsaken, it's one of my favs cause I just love Sams face (jacks just touched her arm btw...hee hee!! )

Seeing as I'm on the topic of shippy quotes how about this one from birthright. It's a classic Sam getting herself in pickle were Jack is concerned LOL!! I'll put it in spoilers as it is a S7 ep.

Spoiler:

In the infirmary Sam is with a female jaffa (sorry can't remember her name) who is having tretonin tests

FJ - you are close to Colonel O'Neill
                        Sam - Yeah, I like to think we have a special relationship
                        FJ - I hope to someday have a special relationship
                        Sam - Oh no, no, um its not like that
                        FJ - like what?
                        Sam - We aren't you know...we don't...
                        FJ - I was speaking of the mutual respect you share
                        Sam - *coughs* I knew that
                        ROFL everytime!! it's just brilliant!

AT does an amazing job in that scene, she plays the discomfort so well!!

Ah, it warms the heart to feast on shippy snacks!!
                        lol Great quotes Billie!! I love it when Sam and Jack get uncomfortable when people ask them about each other or they read into what they are saying wrongly....like Jack in Full Circle when Skaara asks if he and Sam will be coming to the wedding together. Jack starts stuttering and Sam has to jump in and save him

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                          <snip>I have to admit it would be Fun to see Vala hit on Jack in front of Sam.I have a feeling Sam would do some hitting of her own.
                          That would be fun!!! I'd love to see that happen but I doubt it will with Jack not being around

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

spoilers for s9 and ahead

Spoiler:
                            shippers, i can't tell you how happy i am! we *finally* have a *real* plan to work off of here!

amanda's quote: "... and we'll just leave it up to your imaginations for the time being. (audiences awwwws) And then we'll see what happens."

i can use my imagination! this is exactly what that 'motorcyle' quip from jack was about in avalon 1.

but what i love the most is 'for the time being' and 'then we'll see what happens'. i KNEW the ship wasn't done (not by a looooong shot), but at least we're getting a clue (big and honkin') of what the ptb have in mind. soooo, we get hints and 'allusions' to s/j in this season, and then we'll see what happens. and i say --

YAAAAAAAAAY!

sally
                            I know its great isn't it!!! When it comes to Sam and Jack ship my imagination works overtime so i'm sure I can live with that for the time being!! I know the Sam/Jack ship is not over! TPTB would have gone through so much trouble giving us Threads if they weren't going to get Sam and Jack together and show us some of it!!!

Ship hip hooray!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

I think we should open a new Thread for Ship Day. We did it last year and it was fun! We had a target number of posts to aim for and like someone else said its easier to find and read back through it as a seperate thread.

We'll have to see what Ship Mum thinks..

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Morning all!

I'm gonna cast my vote for a dedicated thread for ship day coz it's PARTY TIME!! and that definitely calls for something special!!

me thinks I need to get working on the ultimate pic story for our mega celebrations *rubs hands in glee!* ....WHOO HOO!!!!

PS. Do we get to dress up??

ONLY 10 DAYS TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X