Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goodnight shipper family. Hope Avalon Pt 2 will have more hints at what is going on with Sam/Jack. Take care everyone.
    -girlgater

Comment

I hate to think of Jack
      Spoiler:
      selling his house. It's like breaking all ties with Colorado Springs. Maybe he IS closing on the sale of Sam's house. Or maybe it's his. But I'm warming up to the idea that the motorcycle comment is a shippy clue. Jack never had a motorcycle. Sam had a motorcycle.

I was so annoyed by Landry that the motorcycle thing went right by me the first time. I thought Beau's performance was a bit forced, but it's his first outing in the role. I'll have to watch it on the repeat, and study that motorcycle thing some more.

Traffic is very heavy tonight on GW. We broke a new user record at 9:18 Central Time. I firmly expect that we will "break" the forum pretty soon, and it will probably go offline for the night. So, if that happens, talk to you ASAP!

I'm just a little over two hours from my copy of Harry Potter, waiting for me at my nearby book store. Then it's Hallmark ornament premiere tomorrow morning. Why do so many things have to fall on one weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        Trupi I'm so proud of you.... never gave up! like a true shipper

Well, I'm off to Barnes and Noble to pick my HP book, (if I'm able to leave this thread )

And I leave you with this...

Enjoy the ship!

PS:
        Spoiler:
        CM will have a shippy relation with the new Doc
        LOL4JACK, we are on the same wavelength
        Spoiler:
        I found this pic of an Indian Chief bike that in the fanfics is identified as Sam's bike model. I never ever heard of Jack having a bike!!! Never!!! Campers, we have the one and only Shippy clue as far as I"m concerned!!!!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ics-201084.jpg

And what about the timeline of events
        Spoiler:
        Walter said that the battle with Anubis in Antarctica was two years ago. Now the Lost City was Season 7 and that was this time last year. Writer's privilege to fast forward the time?
        sigpic

Comment

Just finished watching the new episodes for SG-1 and Atlantis, and
          Spoiler:
          while I loved everything, especially the Daniel/Vala scenes ("let's make babies"), it's sad that we won't even be able to get a glimpse of ship for a while. But I still hold out hope that eventually, they will resolve Sam and Jack being together.
          That's my two cents.
          Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            You've been away, trupi. There's been a lot of fan discontent over the way the aftermath of Janet's death wasn't handled. No remorse, no lasting effects, no mention of what would happen to Cassie, who had lost her family then her adopted mother in a short amount of time. I assumed this was being managed off-camera, but a lot of people were upset by it. So, the prevailing theory pre-S9 is that Sam would be off to get over her dad, tend to Cassie's needs and basically take another look at making change in her life that would allow her to LIVE. We hope that
            Spoiler:
            beginning a REAL relationship with Jack was also part of that, since the regs just can't be an issue any more! Several military types have been here and told us this!

Now, on to the show. The only person more miserable than I was Cameron Mitchell. His disappointment mirrored my own, and I'm sure that was deliberate. TPTB are using that to call on us to identify with him, because he wants "the real SG-1" back together. See how that works?

As to the premiere, I give it a C-. Claudia Black had a couple of good lines, but others just made me seethe.

It's good to see that they spliced some bits with
            Spoiler:
            Sam
            into this ep. That made me feel a little better. There wasn't nearly enough Jack.

The
            Spoiler:
            King Arthur thing
            came off just as lame as I feared it would.

I was kinda teary-eyed most of the way through. It IS a whole new show. I'm trying hard to like it, but so far, I'm not succeeding.

SGA rocked! It absolutely rocked! Watching BSG now. Back later.
            OK-If people believe that Sam moved from Colorado to Nevada from one high security facilities to another, to be near Cassie (who should be away at college) -fine. I don't understand the reason for the move but ok. - You are right about the C rating and the show wasn't the same show we know and love. But they seem to be rewriting the show for a new audience, not for the loyal fans who watch faithfully for eight years. I hope the newbies have large groupies following the show because the old fans are not going to put up with this
            Spoiler:
            crap
            for very long.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
              So far Daniel and Teal'c
              Spoiler:
              are very reluctant to be on this mission. Cameron is working hard at gaining their interest. Vala is disappointing. I don't like the writers havibg her use sarcasm and put downs' against Daniel. I hate when they use that device to create tension UST. I thinks it's demeaning and disrespectful.. Thank goodness they didn't use that device for developing Sam and Jack's UST. I still like Cameron. I like Daniel and Teal'c. I like Landry. Hey, I'm easy!!!!
              Hmmm.....so you're easy, eh?

*gets evil gleam in eye*

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater

*gets evil gleam in eye*

Dude (it's a general term) that's nasty.
                Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

*gets evil gleam in eye*

mad_gate, play nice!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Nah, they'll never let Sam and Jack get together in this reality unless one of them resigns or retires. Especially since SG-1 is approved by the USAF. Like Amanda Tapping said when she came to Melbourne in 2002, the USAF almost cracked it that Sam calls O'Neill "JACK" in Solitudes. But...they still left it in (GO PRODUCERS!)

Was watching "Window of Opportunity" the other day... good example of how much they respect the regs, Jack retires before he snogs Sam...which is probably the best scene in the episode

PS: Anyone notice that Sam kept her maiden name in "Point of View"? How dense am I, I only just realised it!

SG-1...Can't be the originals.

Comment

Good morning Shippers!

First: Thank you so much for all the spoilers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I love reading what happens and your opinions!
                      Thanks, thanks, thanks!!!!

Spoiler:
                      Well, I think the ep doesn't sound bad...I was expecting zero ship.
                      Okay, they gave us zero ship, but at least we have something new to speculate about: MOTORCYCLE???
                      Maybe it has no meaning at all...
                      But I want to believe it has.

And why is Jack selling his house??? That's so sad!!!
                      I love his house! Some shippy scenes took place there.
                      The "omelette-of-love-phone-flirt" in Citizen Joe, the "national-treasure-conversation" in Lost City, the moment when Sam finally decides to tell Jack about her feelings in Threads....
                      These are important moments in Ship-history!
                      They make his house a historical building! It deserves to be under monumental protection, FCOL!!!!!

Hey, maybe the ship-family could buy it!
                      We could turn it into "The International Museum of Ship History".

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12
                        Nah, they'll never let Sam and Jack get together in this reality unless one of them resigns or retires. Especially since SG-1 is approved by the USAF. Like Amanda Tapping said when she came to Melbourne in 2002, the USAF almost cracked it that Sam calls O'Neill "JACK" in Solitudes. But...they still left it in (GO PRODUCERS!)

Was watching "Window of Opportunity" the other day... good example of how much they respect the regs, Jack retires before he snogs Sam...which is probably the best scene in the episode

PS: Anyone notice that Sam kept her maiden name in "Point of View"? How dense am I, I only just realised it!

You are right...she does....mmh...
                        Never realised that either...
                        It's a pity. Sam O'Neill sounds great IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by gate_girl12

Hey, you are new, right?
                          (Sorry I'm a bit slow... )

WELCOME TO THE SHIPPER FAMILY, gate_girl12!!!

Have fun! (I'm sure you will.)

Comment

*gets evil gleam in eye*

LMAO----o dear MG is back to his old tricks again

sam and jack forever and ever and ever! lol
                            Carolyn

Comment

Morning gang!!

Thanks for the running commentary guys, big hugs to you from us stargate deprived shippers!! (((((All the S9 spoiler posting shippers)))))

Well...having read all your comments I can't say I'm too surprised at the general feeling. Obviously the most important discussion for us is
                              Spoiler:
                              Jacks motorcycle comment. Interesting although a tad confusing either Jack has always had a motorcycle, but if so where has he been hiding it all these years OR like you have all been saying it's Sams bike (obviously we are all gonna go for that one! ). However why would he be selling Sams bike?.

Or, another thought...RDA ad-libbed as he is often known to do and there's nothing in it at all.

Well being the die hard optimistic shipper that I am, I'm going with option number 2 ,that it's a comment thrown in there for us shippers to cling onto and cling on we will with all our might!!

Can I also just say - Jack on a motorcycle...mmmm.... *Waves and rushes off to the thunk thread!*

Keep the Shipper faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                                Morning gang!!

Thanks for the running commentary guys, big hugs to you from us stargate deprived shippers!! (((((All the S9 spoiler posting shippers)))))

Well...having read all your comments I can't say I'm too surprised at the general feeling. Obviously the most important discussion for us is
                                Spoiler:
                                Jacks motorcycle comment. Interesting although a tad confusing either Jack has always had a motorcycle, but if so where has he been hiding it all these years OR like you have all been saying it's Sams bike (obviously we are all gonna go for that one! ). However why would he be selling Sams bike?.

Or, another thought...RDA ad-libbed as he is often known to do and there's nothing in it at all.

Well being the die hard optimistic shipper that I am, I'm going with option number 2 ,that it's a comment thrown in there for us shippers to cling onto and cling on we will with all our might!!

Can I also just say - Jack on a motorcycle...mmmm.... *Waves and rushes off to the thunk thread!*

Keep the Shipper faith!
                                Having GW technical difficulties on this side of the ocean. When does Avalon show in the UK? Once you guys have seen it then we can have a interesting conversation about the episode. Hope we didn't ruin your fun, by posting too much information.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X