Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 83 year old mother who watchs SG-1 all the time said it was too weird. She didn't like it. Vala was a good character. The rest just weren't there!
    sigpic

Comment

these 10 sec things there doin are so stupid. i think they put more time into the atlantis one the the sg1. i didn't even see anything for sg1 but for atlantis they showed the city and the green wormhole thing
      Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
      Sam- "Shh, sleep"
      Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
      (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! I just typed a compelling and riveting analysis of Avalon and I accidentally deleted it. Don't Laugh!!! It was amazing and insightful!!! I need another glass of wine!! No, that's not why it deleted!!! I'm serious...
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
          I want to know
          Spoiler:
          why didn't they give some explanation as to where/what Jack is doing??? They gave no explanation as to what role he's played!!
          They didn't do a good job of explaining
          Spoiler:
          ANY of the reasons that SG-1 split up, as well as why Jack is gone. Where did he go anyway? Is he living at his cabin now, and gave up everything else?
          I don't get it

Comment

I also give it a B+ and looking forward to part II
            Spoiler:
            if it would have had a any mention of the ship maybe an A-- , but as Nell says, we still have to figure out the motorcycle thing... did Sam get him into it?

Avalon I is definitely the first part on a two parter (I know not clever words), building not only the story but the introduction of new characters and I would say a new show, not meaning this in a bad way at all.

Regarding the characters,
            Spoiler:
            TPTB where very clever introducing CM and therefore I liked him, he almost gave his life to protect them during S7 finale, but well still to see how he grows, DJ & T same old, same old.... Vala... thank god it is only for 6 ep, because otherwise she is enough reason to not make me watch, yes she has some funny lines, but it's to much they are pushing it to far, so many times.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Well, obviously TPTB intentionally
              Spoiler:
              made the ship uncertain so that we would continue to watch for any snippit of ship. They didn't completely rule it out which gives me great hope. They also didn't make it seem completely like a dream either. The mystery of why Jack seems to have sold his house, car and motorcycle(???) adds a definite level of intrigue to the story. I would love to know when he got a motorcycle. Sounds like a fanfic dream to me!
              -girlgater

Comment

Hey Gang!

Been a while... end of semester blues and RL he!!, just the usual...

So I guess tonight was WELCOME TO STARGATE THE NEXT GENERATION!
                Spoiler:
                I actually sat all the way through, and I'll admit, I enjoyed a couple of hearty belly laughs (psychic Walter, anyone?! And that comment about the small gene pool....LMAO!)

Spoiler:
                I was pleasantly surprised to see Sam (Oh My God, I just realized that this is the first season of SG1 I have ever not been a complete spoiler whore!!) and I was incredibly disappointed with the Jack scene. And, yeah, motorcycle?? Selling that beautiful house without ever giving us one good Sam & Jack bedroom scene is just about unbearable! Um... other than that... the ep was.... ho-hum. Strangely enough I liked Vala, except for that outfit. As a character, she is a bit obnoxious, but the way she gets Daniel's goat is really fun to watch! And as for Cameron... He seems waaay to friendly with Sam for my likings. Not that I'm concerned... As I am convinced she and Jack are still in very close communication <sniggle!>... Rank hath it's privliges, like access to those handy dandy Asgard transporters... Okay, maybe that's stretching it a liiiiittttlllleeee too far, but it's my Shippy World, and I like it that way!!

So....did ya miss me? I sure missed you all!!!!

Here's a little something to lift our Shipper Spirits in this Samless and Jackless time...

Love and hot fudge,
                Bren Ren
                ~
                My stories!
                ~

sigpic

Comment

I have the feeling that even though there was no direct talking of ship...
                  Spoiler:
                  The Motorcycle!!!!! has become a shippy icon, never, ever in 8 season of SG1 was there ever mention that Jack or any other member than Sam had a MB, so there has to be "something" and TPTB put it there for us , you know... secret shipper code

Regarding the why did SG1 split, I know it is explained during the first 3 eps, I read it on a review given on the web, sorry forgot where but basically:

Hammond retired, he wanted to do so 9 years ago and the president wanted Jack to take the position. Daniel wanted to go to Atlantis since it was a dream of his, Teal'c had to join the new jaffa nation and Sam decided to take another job due to some things going on in her life, I guess that officially it means Cassie, but we all know why

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

i just saw this preview for the get in the gate sweetstakes and they said something like "they've sent the military, they've sent probes. they've even sent... golfballs" that had me cracking up soo much. they showed the time loop with jack and teal'c golfing through the stargate. im still laughing about it. lmao
                    Last edited by jay; 15 July 2005, 07:08 PM.
                    Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
                    Sam- "Shh, sleep"
                    Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
                    (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen
                      Hey Gang!

Been a while... end of semester blues and RL he!!, just the usual...

So I guess tonight was WELCOME TO STARGATE THE NEXT GENERATION!
                      Spoiler:
                      I actually sat all the way through, and I'll admit, I enjoyed a couple of hearty belly laughs (psychic Walter, anyone?! And that comment about the small gene pool....LMAO!)

Spoiler:
                      I was pleasantly surprised to see Sam (Oh My God, I just realized that this is the first season of SG1 I have ever not been a complete spoiler whore!!) and I was incredibly disappointed with the Jack scene. And, yeah, motorcycle?? Selling that beautiful house without ever giving us one good Sam & Jack bedroom scene is just about unbearable! Um... other than that... the ep was.... ho-hum. Strangely enough I liked Vala, except for that outfit. As a character, she is a bit obnoxious, but the way she gets Daniel's goat is really fun to watch! And as for Cameron... He seems waaay to friendly with Sam for my likings. Not that I'm concerned... As I am convinced she and Jack are still in very close communication <sniggle!>... Rank hath it's privliges, like access to those handy dandy Asgard transporters... Okay, maybe that's stretching it a liiiiittttlllleeee too far, but it's my Shippy World, and I like it that way!!

So....did ya miss me? I sure missed you all!!!!

Here's a little something to lift our Shipper Spirits in this Samless and Jackless time...

Welcome back, BrenRen.

I liked the part with Walter
                      Spoiler:
                      being psychic was well. My husband refers to him as Radar (from M*A*S*H anyway). Shame they couldn't have explained where/what Jack is doing.
                      -girlgater

Comment

Well here is my take on Avalon. I know some of will not agree.So don't kill me.
                        Spoiler:
                        As I said earlier Landry is not bad at all. Vala I like very much cause she kicksa$$. Teal'c and Daniel still top . Sam and Jack was too short bits as expected. The bummer of all is Ben Browder. FCOL , where did they unearthed this guy. He is so lame. The story is ok. It has some moments. The flashback to why Browder's character is getting SG1 is fully explained... very boring. At this point they can still save it if they dump Browder... dump.

Comment

I am recreating my review!!!
                          Spoiler:
                          NO. NO. NO. NO. It's over and no clear Ship. I swear that by episode 3, I expect some &*%$#@*&^ Ship!!!!!!

OK, I like Cameron. What's not to like? He's humble and yet a leader. He's letting his humor unfold gradually. He's working hard to gain Teal'c's and Daniel's interest in spite of their reluctance to be on the mission. He was justifiable in shouting at Teal'c for firing on the door. This may be an in-road to Teal'c who respects authority. I am encouraged that our SG-1 team is reforming. Sam will rejoin them later. Vala??? The jury's out. I hope they tone down her sarcasm. I like Landry. He's trying too hard but I'll give him a chance. I like his house.

Now about Jack. He looked great. He wasn't on long enough but I expected that. He's moving to Washington, D.C. as the commander of Homeworld Security. Selling his house is a major decision. He must be buying a place in D.C. Please, I'm begging. What is it with the motorcycle remark? C'mon anybody know of Jack having a motorcycle? C'mon he does not!!! Sam has the motorcycle. This is a shippy clue until I am proven otherwise. Sam is in Nevada at Area 51, huh? She's probably kept her house. At least we got to see her on the screen communicating with Cameron. She likes him, too.

Interesting. After the Tauri and Free Jaffa won the "war" against the Goa'uld, SG-l joined Jack at his cabin. Then after the Moebius episode they disbanded because Jack took a new post in D.C.? Whew!!! I need to take a break and eat something before I watch it again at 11. Oh, I'm watching Stargate Atlantis while typing this. I have an interest but not enough to not type through it. Almost no interest in Battlestar G.
                          sigpic

Comment

You guys are kind! B+is too good of a score. Maybe a C+ until they get into their roles. MS is moving atthe speed of light and CJ was even too stiff for Teal'c. Cameron is on their side! When I'm enjoying Atlantis more then SG-1, I know they are in trouble! I will give SG-1 more time for it to develop but----
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                              Spoiler:
                              NO. NO. NO. NO. It's over and no clear Ship. I swear that by episode 3, I expect some &*%$#@*&^ Ship!!!!!!

OK, I like Cameron. What's not to like? He's humble and yet a leader. He's letting his humor unfold gradually. He's working hard to gain Teal'c's and Daniel's interest in spite of their reluctance to be on the mission. He was justifiable in shouting at Teal'c for firing on the door. This may be an in-road to Teal'c who respects authority. I am encouraged that our SG-1 team is reforming. Sam will rejoin them later. Vala??? The jury's out. I hope they tone down her sarcasm. I like Landry. He's trying too hard but I'll give him a chance. I like his house.

Now about Jack. He looked great. He wasn't on long enough but I expected that. He's moving to Washington, D.C. as the commander of Homeworld Security. Selling his house is a major decision. He must be buying a place in D.C. Please, I'm begging. What is it with the motorcycle remark? C'mon anybody know of Jack having a motorcycle? C'mon he does not!!! Sam has the motorcycle. This is a shippy clue until I am proven otherwise. Sam is in Nevada at Area 51, huh? She's probably kept her house. At least we got to see her on the screen communicating with Cameron. She likes him, too.

Interesting. After the Tauri and Free Jaffa won the "war" against the Goa'uld, SG-l joined Jack at his cabin. Then after the Moebius episode they disbanded because Jack took a new post in D.C.? Whew!!! I need to take a break and eat something before I watch it again at 11. Oh, I'm watching Stargate Atlantis while typing this. I have an interest but not enough to not type through it. Almost no interest in Battlestar G.
                              Here's a thought...
                              Spoiler:
                              Jack sold his house, but Sam is keeping her's. He gets to keep his cabin! They couldn't have two houses--they're committed enough to only have on house! (I know...I'm dreaming, but it could happen)
                              I might learn to like Vala, but they
                              Spoiler:
                              gotta cut back on the sarcasm and sexual overtures
                              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                Spoiler:

There was one statement which was a little shippy
                                Spoiler:
                                Carter took her command at Area 51 because of personal reasons. I think because it gets her out of direct command from Jack. Then they can continue their relationship with repercussion.
                                I did it! Thank you Carolina
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X