This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    I'm a little sad this morning. My morning paper, which never before has so much as mentioned SG, says "This show gets a nimble and clever makeover. Ben Browder plays a heroic and whimical pilot--just as he did on "Farscape."

I don't begrudge those looking forward to BB and a 9th season, but can't help feeling sad about what has been lost. Don't have time to read what others are saying as I will be leaving soon and won't get to watch tonight's show until I get back and watch the tape. Maybe if I were a diehard sci-fi show fan I would be eager for this season, but I'm not. Certain sci-fi shows and movies grab me, for whatever reason.(the characters, maybe?) Others don't and I never know which will be the one.
    I feel the same about it GateTrixer, I know that Ben Browder is a great actor and he is a great guy but it just feels wrong that we no longer have Jack. In the special everyone was saying how great the new season was, that it had a new feeling to it but no-one mentioned the fact that we were losing THE main character of the show!
    I'm not looking forward to Season 9 as much as I usually do, the only bit of suspense i'm feeling is Jack explanation of leaving and the real reason why Sam is missing..

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

(((((Nell))))

Thanks you soo much for your S9 Shippy opener, it was so great and fun..., I loved the "Open the door Mister!" of part 10 ROFL.

MG, loved your addition of Thor...

Of course I think we can still expect an ep 2, ep3.... mid season 2 parter and of course the gran Season finale.

BTW, are we having a viewer party for tonight?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
        BRAVO!!!

what a lovely and endearing piece you've done, nell. it's made me smile and it's made me happy. *thank you*!

sally
        I'll just add to Sally's quote to say how much I've enjoyed these scenes too. Thank you so much for doing them.
        sigpic

Comment

Hey Hey shippers!!!!

BRAVO NELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've loved your series!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: MS - I'm going to bite my tongue as I don't think it's fair to judge someone I've never met, but everyone I know who has net him all have...'opinions' of him...let's leave it at that. I can't judge until I meet him next year, and you know that interviews are doctored to be confrontational and hostile.
          sigpic
          Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Okay kids...I've asked my first EVER shippy question in the JM thread

Hey Joe!

I know I've just asked a question a few posts back, but I have another question for you.

Regarding Threads and Moebius. How did you feel about the 'resolution' of the Jack and Sam storyline, not as a Producer or a writer, but as a Shipper? If you're happy with the end of that plot arc, does that mean you're certain Sam and Jack are now together, all be it in a 'hush-hush-and-kept-almost-secret' relationship?

Thanks!
            Here's hoping I get an answer!
            sigpic

Comment

Morning all...

I am very excited and anxious about tonight's "opening." It definitely will not be the same without RDA fully involved, but I'm going to give it a chance. I hope he knows how much he'll be missed. It would be a shame if he thought that we, as shippers, and everyone else for that matter, would just move on with the new guy. Of course, BB does look pretty fine, so I'm willing to look at him for a while. I hope his character is written well.

I'm going out at lunch and stocking up on tapes as well and snacks for the family. My sons won't watch it, but perhaps I can entice my hubby into watching (closet shipper that he is).

Here's to some ship!!!
              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                Morning all...

I am very excited and anxious about tonight's "opening." It definitely will not be the same without RDA fully involved, but I'm going to give it a chance. I hope he knows how much he'll be missed. It would be a shame if he thought that we, as shippers, and everyone else for that matter, would just move on with the new guy. Of course, BB does look pretty fine, so I'm willing to look at him for a while. I hope his character is written well.

I'm going out at lunch and stocking up on tapes as well and snacks for the family. My sons won't watch it, but perhaps I can entice my hubby into watching (closet shipper that he is).

Here's to some ship!!!
                I wouldn't feel so anxious if I had gotten a solid resolution to the Sam and Jack relationship. I just hope we get some indication they are together and the relationship has move forward. I think I would be more receptive to the new changes if I didn't feel so jerked around.
                Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Read (in my opinion) a very interesting Fanfic called "Memory" written by IcedHeat. If you hate Pete-Read this 0ne! WOW-Plus lots of writer's-point of view of Jack's personal history. Most I liked (somethings I would questions) but enjoyable piece. Just to warn it's 212K and takes a while to read. So if you have time and a little down because of S9, this is a great shipper piece to bring your spirits up.
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay I've refound a favourite site of mines and I think you should check it out!

http://sg1-atlantis.com/

it's got a really nice interview with AT on it too...no ship, but she talks about Olivia and motherhood.

Also...I'm plugging my fanfics again

http://fanfiction.net/~suekay04
                    LOTSA LOTSA ship!
                    sigpic

Comment

Oh my, like scjon, RL has claimed me for the last few days and I come back to find that the shipper family have been busy busy busy .... Whoo hoo!!

However it does mean that this is probably gonna be my longest ever post coz there's so much to say!

1. First, a message a very high importance......

HEY FLORENCE....

A little birdie told us that you've just had a birthday. hope it was shiptastic!!
                      Loads of love
                      - Jack & Sam xx...(& Billie! )

2. Ah, nell nell nell.....what can I say..... AWESOME I think about covers it!!! Need I say more

3. RDA is SOOOOOOOO THE MAN.... again need I say more!!

Yummier than an ice cold glass of Pimms on a hot summers day!

4. Like so many of you I have been disappointed by the way the 'new' Stargate Sg1 has been 'sold' by the established cast with the exception of AT who as always has been sensitive, supportive and honest in her feelings for her great friend RDA, now she is what a call a true friend

5. Can't believe today is the day for our lucky US shippers!!!
                      ENJOY and make sure you give us poor stargateless shippers a few tasty morsels to nibble on, pleaseeeeeeee!!
                      Oh and if there's no ship at all just make some up (just kidding!!)

Well... I think that pretty much covers everything. If I've forgotten to congratulate anyone or missed an important celebration then please forgive me and accept lots of congrats and lots of happys!!!!

And in true shipper style and coz it would just be rude not too here's the perfect ending (and also to wake you all up if I've bored you to sleep!!)

Comment

Blueiris . I 'a thinking the same as you as regard to we won't see or hear much ..it's not their priority anymore ..They'll start a new ship I reckon ...but I think that TPTB do what they really want ..I don't think they'll please the antis-shippers more than us ..I think they just like to annoy all the fanbase in general ..Remember in Mobieus ..when Sam said
                        Spoiler:
                        to Jack ..I like Daniel ..Just imagine how the Daniel/Sam Shippers must have felt .....so happy and me I shouted "NO" ..then we have Sam saying to Jack that she was just joking and that she wanted to get to know him a bit better .. I was relieved but the Daniel/ Sam shippers got a kick in the teeth ...Well if that is not a big joke ..what is it then ??!!!..This is completely unnessary...They didn't have to make a comment on the Sam Daniel ship because I even don't think it'a an important thread in any forums anyway ..... it was funny but they are teasing all the fanbase and they will carry on doing that with the new ship of season 9 ....Please , please,please ..be season 9 the last one ...it's too much disrespect for the fanbase .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by [snip
                          ]I think they are jealous ...
                          I've tried twice to be subtle, but it quite clearly hasn't worked, so here I am, back again, with the boots on, ready to be not-in-the-least subtle.

This is not a thread for criticising actors, PTBs or anyone else in RL. It is the S/J ship thread. Making unkind accusations about actors, PTBs or anyone else in RL is not in any way a discussion of S/J ship. Please stay on-topic. (The mods {and, we've found, other posters} have a high tolerance of OT for chit-chat and fun stuff, but not for OT that is considered unpleasant.)

If anyone really finds it so easy to assume the worst of any actor or PTB who is interviewed without anything about RDA being printed (note 'printed', not 'said'); if anyone really thinks they are able to analyse actors' feelings so accurately that they would make nasty accusations about them in a public forum; if anyone particularly enjoys attributing nasty characteristics to actors, PTBs or other real people... then go and do it somewhere else. Some other forum, ideally. If you must do it on GW, then please do it in a thread where it would be at least vaguely On Topic, so that people who think that such posts are untrue, unfair, unproven or inappropriate can challenge you without taking the thread more off topic.

From here on, I'm going to do to actor/PTB -bashing posts the same as what gets done to anti-S/J posts in here, pro-s9 posts in the anti-s9 thread, or "bump" posts in any thread: I'll delete them for being off topic.

Back to S/J then. Cheers.

Madeleine

Comment

Hi chums. Happy Birthday to all the shippers who are a year older. Did I miss the cake? To all the new shippers I say Welcome to the family. I hope you have fun here.
                            I've been digging through my pics, and came across a lot of them that I used to post as the Shippy Pic of the Day, so I thought I'd repost some of them here for you.

Sorry it's not a very clear picture, but I like the way Sam is looking at Jack.
                            sigpic

Comment

Shippy hugs everyone. When I first heard about BB signing on, I felt sad, as it was the end of an era. Now I'm kind of looking forward to it becuase it's a chance to START OVER and go back to enjoying the show for the episodes without getting so emotionally caught up in it only to be let down.

SG was a first for me. I had never participated in a chat room, or read a fanfic, or attended a convention before season 7 of SG, and now I've done all of those things! I never imagined that I would find a group like the shipper family who was passionate about the show in the same way that I was.

I have to say, though, that the last two years have been tough. As much as I hate to see RDA go, I would not want to see yet another season like the last two. I do think that BB has the potential to reinvigorate the show, and I hope that it finds it's way back to what it used to be. Even tough I'll really miss the S/J ship, it will be a relief not to feel this ongoing sense of frustration every week. And I will still hold out hope that they'll have a more concrete resolution between S & J until the very end!

sigpic
                              s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

More looks between them..

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X