This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    Hey! My Ingredients to Romance: Stargate Style has been nominated!!!

http://www.stargatefanawards.com/200...sSG1Addl.shtml

Well, of course! It's one of the most creative things I've seen since coming to GW!

Originally posted by galaxy
    WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
    I can't believe it!!! Younger hotter version of him????
    Are they kidding me?
    This really makes me mad too! BB is cute, and a good actor, but he's no RDA, and he's certainly not hotter!

Originally posted by galaxy
    First: NO MAN in the whole wide universe is hotter than RDA.
    I'm sorry, but that's how it is and it's not debatable!
    It doesn't matter that he is over 35 years older than me.
    Amen!
    Originally posted by Kri
    Lmao!
    Men get better looking with age
    Women get facelifts
    Well....I have to disagree slightly. Not ALL men get better with age, but RDA certainly has!

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
      Is RDA still Executive Producer or does he lost that privilege because he is leaving? Doesn't he still have a say in SG-1 or does SCIFI over rule him and kicks him out of the loop?
      I think he gave up any Exec. Producer duties, but I thought he and Greenburg owned the rights to the franchise. He and Greenburg are Gekko Film Corp. I've asked a question about who actually controls the show a couple of times, but haven't gotten a real good answer.

Comment

I can understand not wanting a Season 10 Caty.I'am rooting for a Season 10 because it does not look like we'll be getting a
        Spoiler:
        Sam and Jack resolution in Season 9.If RDA was never comming back or the Sam and Jack Ship was over I would not watch Season 9.I'am hoping RDA will appear in a couple of Season 10 episodes.I shocked myself by changing my mind on watching Season 9.I never though I would and I hope I do not get burned.If I find Season 9 is really bad I can always stop watching.My number one motivation for watching is the Sam and Jack Ship.I also do not want to be lost if RDA does appear in the Season 9 finale.

Comment

Thanks Token.I can also understand TPTB thinking as well.I would hope if TPTB knew for sure
          Spoiler:
          RDA was returning we would have gotten an episode like Lost City.You also make a great point if Season 9 is successful how hard will Scifi try to woo RDA.I really hope no matter what they will reach out to RDA for Season 10.It will make me feel good about watching Season 9 if RDA appears in Season 10.I just hope I do not end up wanting to Kick myself for watching Season 9.I've been going back and forth trying to decide if I'am going to watch Season 9 and I'am just rolling the dice and hoping for the best.I'am still glad I asked.Thanks again.
          Last edited by ses110; 13 July 2005, 06:21 PM.

Comment

Round 29 of the Fave Episodes Tournament has begun. Prodigy was eliminated in Round 28. Keep Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) from getting the axe! Vote now, at: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...&page=64&pp=20

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
              I can understand not wanting a Season 10 Caty.I'am rooting for a Season 10 because it does not look like we'll be getting a
              Spoiler:
              Sam and Jack resolution in Season 9.If RDA was never comming back or the Sam and Jack Ship was over I would not watch Season 9.I'am hoping RDA will appear in a couple of Season 10 episodes.I shocked myself by changing my mind on watching Season 9.I never though I would and I hope I do not get burned.If I find Season 9 is really bad I can always stop watching.My number one motivation for watching is the Sam and Jack Ship.I also do not want to be lost if RDA does appear in the Season 9 finale.
              I don't want a Season 10, but then again, I don't want 9 either.

For those of you who are watching S9, do you realize that you're doing *exactly* what they're manipulating you into doing? And if you watch S9 and maybe S10 with no visible ship, they'll *never* give us a resolution because they have no *reason* to give it to us. They get the same viewers whether they do it or not, don't get grief from the anti's, and since most of them don't want to deal with it, they won't. Ever.

If they do something significant with the ship, I figure I can always catch it on line or when the individual episode repeats. First time through, though, I think we need to send a message to TPTB that we won't wait anymore. Ratings is the only thing they respect when it comes to fan opinion - not letters or emails or faxes, which they've proven mean nothing. (If it did, we'd have gotten the resolution we wrote begging for in S8.) If they get the ratings they want doing as they please, it won't change.

Sorry, Ses, this isn't aimed at you, but at anybody who thinks that watching S9 is going to (or even might) get them a ship resolution in S10. (They're not about to "reward" us for watching by giving it to us. TV just doesn't work that way.)

If you want to watch because you enjoy the science fiction, more power to you, but if you want to watch because it'll eventually get you the ship resolution, it's not gonna happen. And yes, I'm as sorry about that as you are.

<climbs off her soap box with an umbrella to try to deflect the tomatoes that'll probably be thrown at her for this one>
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Call me crazy but I never say never. The pulling power of a character like Jack O'Neill may have some unexpected results. As too may the workaholic nature of Richard Dean Anderson... but then I'm an eternal optimist.

Originally posted by Buc252

For those of you who are watching S9, do you realize that you're doing *exactly* what they're manipulating you into doing? And if you watch S9 and maybe S10 with no visible ship, they'll *never* give us a resolution because they have no *reason* to give it to us. They get the same viewers whether they do it or not, don't get grief from the anti's, and since most of them don't want to deal with it, they won't. Ever.

If they do something significant with the ship, I figure I can always catch it on line or when the individual episode repeats. First time through, though, I think we need to send a message to TPTB that we won't wait anymore. Ratings is the only thing they respect when it comes to fan opinion - not letters or emails or faxes, which they've proven mean nothing. If they get the ratings they want doing as they please, it won't change.

Sorry, Ses, this isn't aimed at you, but at anybody who thinks that watching S9 is going to (or even might) get them a ship resolution in S10. (They're not about to "reward" us for watching by giving it to us. TV just doesn't work that way.)

If you want to watch because you enjoy the science fiction, more power to you, but if you want to watch because it'll eventually get you the ship resolution, it's not gonna happen. And yes, I'm as sorry about that as you are.

<climbs off her soap box with an umbrella to try to deflect the tomatoes that'll probably be thrown at her for this one>
                sigpic

Comment

To all the French Sam & Jack Shippers:

Happy Bastille Day!

Comment

No problem Mary.Your post is right on target as always.I could be going through temporary insanity.It's hard for even me to understand why I changed my mind and decided to give Season 9 a try.I have no doubt it will not mean anything for the Sam and Jack Ship.I still reserve the right to stop watching Season 9 if I find it's bad.I guess I'll take things week by week and see what happens.I think part of the reason for me to watch is to see what is done with the Sam character.Sam is my 2nd favorite after Jack.I also think RC comments about RDA returning for Season 10 has gotten my hopes up.It's probably a dumb idea to get my hopes up on those comments.Looking back there was alot of episodes I should have skipped in Season 7 and 8 while RDA was still on the Show.It may or may not have made an impact on the Ship.I think at this point with RDA pretty much out of the picture skipping episodes would not do much for the Sam and Jack Ship.
                    Last edited by ses110; 13 July 2005, 07:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Myrth
                      Call me crazy but I never say never. The pulling power of a character like Jack O'Neill may have some unexpected results. As too may the workaholic nature of Richard Dean Anderson... but then I'm an eternal optimist.

I'm with you Myrth. I'm not giving up. But I understand how Buc252 is feeling. I remember that this time last year I was really, really worried that we would not get much ship because Season 7 was such a let down when showed up! **yuck**phewy**barf!!! But, I was Season 8
                      Spoiler:
                      very surprised how much ship we got although it was crammed into the end of the season. Threads was waaaaay more than I hoped for but sadly not enough!!
                      . So, call me optimistic or call me crazy but I"m going to hold on a little longer. BTW I think Ben is hot but RDA is still My Man!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by katethegater
                        I agree with you 110%.........I actually think RDA looks hotter now (if that is possible) than he did in episode 1. There's just something about a mature guy in dress uniform that gets me going!

'Hail RDA - he's the man!'
                        (((((((((((katethegater, jay, and An Ancient))))))))))))))

nice to meet you all!!

*spoiler below*

Spoiler:
                        What burns me up is that JM's military advisor is either dumb as an ox or she has some NID-like vendetta against Sam/Jack....cuz from what I've heard....the thing about "Homeworld Security" still being in Sam's chain of command is the biggest load of BS ever....."Homeworld Security" is SO NOT in Sam's chain of command. And Landry is having his daughter serve under him from what I've heard....to me having a family member in your chain of command is just as serious of a breach of frat regs as a HWMS relationship!!

*end spoiler*

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                          Thanks Token.I can also understand TPTB thinking as well.I would hope if TPTB knew for sure
                          Spoiler:
                          RDA was returning we would have gotten an episode like Lost City.You also make a great point if Season 9 is successful how hard will Scifi try to woo RDA.I really hope no matter what they will reach out to RDA for Season 10.It will make me feel good about watching Season 9 if RDA appears in Season 10.I just hope I do not end up wanting to Kick myself for watching Season 9.I've been going back and forth trying to decide if I'am going to watch Season 9 and I'am just rolling the dice and hoping for the best.I'am still glad I asked.Thanks again.
                          Going by the commentaries for "Lost City", I think we would have gotten what we wanted if it had been the end of the series. I think again, if "Moebius" had been the end or RDA didn't want to "keep the door open", we would have gotten what we wanted. However, with the continuation of the show; I think it is highly unlikely that we will get the kiss we shippers want. The possibility will get smaller with each passing season. Unless at some point in time, Amanda wants to leave the show then I can see RDA maybe coming back to complete the storyline. Until that happens, I will be content that Sam has NO OTHER man-friends and gets back to kicking butt and saving the world. After the fiasco, I need a season to recover!

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252

If they do something significant with the ship, I figure I can always catch it on line or when the individual episode repeats. First time through, though, I think we need to send a message to TPTB that we won't wait anymore. Ratings is the only thing they respect when it comes to fan opinion - not letters or emails or faxes, which they've proven mean nothing. (If it did, we'd have gotten the resolution we wrote begging for in S8.) If they get the ratings they want doing as they please, it won't change.

Absolutely no tomatoes coming your way!!!!!

You're entitled to do what you want and catch it in reruns if something good does happen. However, I might point out that unless there is a Nielsen diary or box in your house, they really don't know whether you're watching. And by watching, I can be vocal about anything I see that I don't like right here at GW.

If I don't buy in to what they're doing.....
                            If they don't acknowledge the ship in even the subtle ways we've discussed.....
                            If they don't treat Sam with dignity and respect......

then I'll stop watching. But I'm going to give it a try until after Sam's return, and probably through the cliffhanger of the first half of the U. S. season. By then, I should know if I can stomach it for the other 10 episodes or not.

Jack, Jack, don't leave us!
                            (*** sorry.....more RDA withdrawal.....got it under control again....for now.....hangs head in shame***)

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                              (((((((((((katethegater, jay, and An Ancient))))))))))))))

nice to meet you all!!

*spoiler below*

Spoiler:
                              What burns me up is that JM's military advisor is either dumb as an ox or she has some NID-like vendetta against Sam/Jack....cuz from what I've heard....the thing about "Homeworld Security" still being in Sam's chain of command is the biggest load of BS ever....."Homeworld Security" is SO NOT in Sam's chain of command. And Landry is having his daughter serve under him from what I've heard....to me having a family member in your chain of command is just as serious of a breach of frat regs as a HWMS relationship!!

*end spoiler*
                              My husband said the same thing as you. He was in the military and he said that Sam is no longer in the same location as Jack, plus she takes direct commands from Lawdry not Jack, they can date. THe higher ups might talk but no reg. would be broken. If Jack is retired, absolutely nothing can be said about them being together.
                              sigpic

Comment

I think as shippers , we will just have to content ourselves with what is right now. S9 will be all about the "new team". Carter might mention Jack but I don't think they will met anytime soon. It has nothing to do with TPTB but because RDA wants to be with his daughter. I totally respect his choice. If the series ends in S9, then we might have RDA on the final ep in the final couple of minutes to tie up the ship . But if the series goes on to S10 then we have to wait still longer. IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X