This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sueKay
    What's this..."Media Blitz" everyone's fuming about???

Suz
    xxxxx
    I wouldn't spend any time fuming about this. It is one comment, one person's opinion. I'd bet that most of the fans of Stargate SG-1 know that this show would not have been the same successful show that it has become, without the main 4 actors/characters on the show for the first 8 seasons. What is happening in season 9 is what TPTB thought was necessary to revamp the show to keep it going. We'll see how it works. Personally, I still wish they had changed the name of the show. Without RDA, as well as Don Davis, Teryl, Carmen, and the others who will not be returning, the show is just not SG-1 anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
      Is this person kidding? Posting for "Media Blitz SciFi Prem."- Tonight's Best TV-Entertainment Weekly-cnn.com-"Stargate SG-1 shows it's over RDA by casting a younger hotter version of him Ben Browder". Number 1- this is not a rant to Ben Browder. He seems to be a nice guy but younger doesn't always mean better! Get your young audience but guest what? I bet you, I have more of the green stuff then the younger audience to spend! Two- Though I enjoy looking at a beautiful younger man, who can lift 300 hundred pds, I am not the Bow-Flex 50 year old grandmother (if most have seen that commercial). I'm middle age woman who connects with pains in the knees and back! We all get old and that includes the writers and other actors in SG-1. I understand with you wanting to connect with a younger audience but stop dising the older ones. I'm turning to S9 because of Beau Bridges, he's a great actor, very funny and though he has not the looks of Jeff has a great personality. RDA left the show on his own, he wants to spend time with his family. He has completed two hit shows (can any of the old members say that). Stop trying to make it look like he had to be replaced by a younger, hotter guy. Bull- du! Sorry-I didn't rant last night but took some antibiotics that knocked me out! Also, I know that what a person writes in their article doesn't necessary mean is the feelings of the writers of the show. But look how it was shown on SCIFI Lowdown. Nobody would have taken a interest in SG-1 without RDA, I'm sorry but that's my opinion. We should thank him and hope that he come home to do more lovely shippy moments with AT. Contact cnn.com and let them know how you don't appreciate those comments about RDA. Might not do anything but it won't hurt!

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
      I can't believe it!!! Younger hotter version of him????
      Are they kidding me?

First: NO MAN in the whole wide universe is hotter than RDA.
      I'm sorry, but that's how it is and it's not debatable!
      It doesn't matter that he is over 35 years older than me.
      His age is actually part of his attraction.
      Secondly, I hate how they talk as if he were a mummy, just because he does not wear diapers anymore!
      I hate how people talk about aging in general. Everyone gets old sooner or later, its not only normal, it's great!
      Older people have a maturity and life experience, that makes them far more interesting and sexy than any of these clone-like greenhorns who are invading Television recently.
      And though I'm not a big fan of BB regarding his "hotness-factor", I think it's also kind of degrading for him to call him "a younger version of..." He is not a version of anyone, but an individual, who - and I'm pretty sure about that- will give his best to add something new and unique to this show and does not only try to imitate Jack O'Neill.
      This comment was really disrespectful, not only to RDA or "older people", but also to BB and all the fans of the show who think like me.

And just for the record: Grey hair and wrinkles are HOT!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
        WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????And just for the record: Grey hair and wrinkles are HOT!!!!!!
        Lmao!
        Men get better looking with age
        Women get facelifts

Comment

Perhaps we should write two letters as a thread group, the first to CNN.com, to tell them to shut up and get sensible. The second to RDA, let him know the real fans don't actually beleive this nonsense.
          -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
          -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
          -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient
            Perhaps we should write two letters as a thread group, the first to CNN.com, to tell them to shut up and get sensible. The second to RDA, let him know the real fans don't actually beleive this nonsense.
            In addition to writing those letters-let us write Darren and speak to him quiet severely -and yes that means polite language-about Sam's bio in the Primer-that is euqally as disrespectful to the actress, the character and the fans.
            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              Is this person kidding? Posting for "Media Blitz SciFi Prem."- Tonight's Best TV-Entertainment Weekly-cnn.com-"Stargate SG-1 shows it's over RDA by casting a younger hotter version of him Ben Browder". Number 1- this is not a rant to Ben Browder. He seems to be a nice guy but younger doesn't always mean better! Get your young audience but guest what? I bet you, I have more of the green stuff then the younger audience to spend! Two- Though I enjoy looking at a beautiful younger man, who can lift 300 hundred pds, I am not the Bow-Flex 50 year old grandmother (if most have seen that commercial). I'm middle age woman who connects with pains in the knees and back! We all get old and that includes the writers and other actors in SG-1. I understand with you wanting to connect with a younger audience but stop dising the older ones. I'm turning to S9 because of Beau Bridges, he's a great actor, very funny and though he has not the looks of Jeff has a great personality. RDA left the show on his own, he wants to spend time with his family. He has completed two hit shows (can any of the old members say that). Stop trying to make it look like he had to be replaced by a younger, hotter guy. Bull- du! Sorry-I didn't rant last night but took some antibiotics that knocked me out! Also, I know that what a person writes in their article doesn't necessary mean is the feelings of the writers of the show. But look how it was shown on SCIFI Lowdown. Nobody would have taken a interest in SG-1 without RDA, I'm sorry but that's my opinion. We should thank him and hope that he come home to do more lovely shippy moments with AT. Contact cnn.com and let them know how you don't appreciate those comments about RDA. Might not do anything but it won't hurt!
              Ya I read that and I have the actual magazine. I was so mad at the way they worded that comment.

As for RDA, I can't wait to see what his next venture will be. Looking forward already to the Simpsons. But knowing RDA , it won't be long before another project will be in the works. He will be working from LA and at the same time can take his daughter to school and join in her every activities. Thank God there is such a man that thinks of thier children first than their egos and career. RDA is a one of a kind class act of a gentleman.

Comment

i was wondering if any 1 here knows if the Virtual Season 9 will have any shippy episodes to it? and incase some of the authors are on here im still going to read it no matter what but am hoping for some sam/jack parts.
                Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
                Sam- "Shh, sleep"
                Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
                (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

Originally posted by An Ancient
                  Sent e-mail this morning to Entertainment weekly/cnn.com. They have a spot to place comments for their entertainment segment.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
                    In addition to writing those letters-let us write Darren and speak to him quiet severely -and yes that means polite language-about Sam's bio in the Primer-that is euqally as disrespectful to the actress, the character and the fans.
                    I totally agree with you. It's awful, and will give such a bad impression of Sam to all the newbies who will be reading it to catch up before the new season starts.
                    sigpic

Comment

WHAT?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
                      I can't believe it!!! Younger hotter version of him????
                      Are they kidding me?

First: NO MAN in the whole wide universe is hotter than RDA.
                      I'm sorry, but that's how it is and it's not debatable!
                      It doesn't matter that he is over 35 years older than me.
                      His age is actually part of his attraction.
                      Secondly, I hate how they talk as if he were a mummy, just because he does not wear diapers anymore!
                      I hate how people talk about aging in general. Everyone gets old sooner or later, its not only normal, it's great!
                      Older people have a maturity and life experience, that makes them far more interesting and sexy than any of these clone-like greenhorns who are invading Television recently.
                      And though I'm not a big fan of BB regarding his "hotness-factor", I think it's also kind of degrading for him to call him "a younger version of..." He is not a version of anyone, but an individual, who - and I'm pretty sure about that- will give his best to add something new and unique to this show and does not only try to imitate Jack O'Neill.
                      This comment was really disrespectful, not only to RDA or "older people", but also to BB and all the fans of the show who think like me.

I agree with you 110%.........I actually think RDA looks hotter now (if that is possible) than he did in episode 1. There's just something about a mature guy in dress uniform that gets me going!

'Hail RDA - he's the man!'
                      sailing the ship to Sparkyville!

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                        I wanted to run something by the Shippers.If it was up to me I would have introduced the
                        Spoiler:
                        Ori in Moebius and have the Ori Kidnap Jack.Instead of Jack appearing in episodes 1 and 3 have Jack in the last 2 episodes and have a Cliffhanger that gets resolved in Season 10.I think we could have gotten some great Sam angst and setup some great tension with Sam Daniel and Teal'c with Landry Vala and Mitchell.I think that would have created alot more anticipation for Season 9.
                        I saw your question on the "Ask JM" thread and JM's response. Since you asked, this is my thinking S9 General
                        Spoiler:
                        As a fan, I love your idea! There is such a wealth of material. I can't see the character of Jack O'Neill being happy in another desk job being "the Man's man" so to speak. However, I have to suspend my belief of the character for the sake of RDA's decision to leave but keep things open. And I can understand TPTB's unwillingness to write a situation that they may not be able to resolve with RDA playing O'Neill. I would like to think that is why they left the Sam/Jack relationship open as well. If they would have had Jack retire and be with Sam, then the fans would expect to see Jack around Sam's house, the SGC, or Colorado Springs. I would think he would be an almost constant presence since he is such good friends of Daniel and Teal'c too. But TPTB couldn't NOT resolve to some degree the Sam/Jack storyline. I will have to hope that eventually we will get more of Sam and Jack. I guess it is all up to RDA.

If Season 9 is successful, how hard would SciFi try to woo RDA for some Season 10 and beyond episodes? And as Stargate seasons went on, would Jack O'Neill just quietly disappear?

Are you still glad you asked?

Token ~

Comment

snip
                          Bravo, galaxy, Bravo!

As someone with both grey hair and wrinkles I salute you!

sigpic
                          s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                            Bravo, galaxy, Bravo!

As someone with both grey hair and wrinkles I salute you!
                            Remember Cary Grant how nicely he aged. I think RDA is better looking now then when he was younger. He should be proud, since he has gone through a few injuries in his life time. Let see if the rest of the crew ages gracefully.
                            sigpic

Comment

Sam also thinks Jack looks good

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                                Lmao!
                                Men get better looking with age
                                Women get facelifts
                                Kri I agree but men get facelifts and liposuction too Some of them even have implants of plastic muscles to look cool and fitter ..What a lazy way to look better when you think that everybody can have a little all in one multigym in the lobby ( the cheapest one is £180..)I have one and it's very compact a lot cheaper than liposuction and muscle implants and it's very effective plus you get pride from it

I'm all for soft facelifts though because well you can't really use the gym for it and if it makes people feel better because they have those big unattactive bags under their eyes ....well good for them to be able to remove them .

Caty

Comment

Working...
                                X