This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gatebee
    It made me feel sad. That is why I didn't come to the net straight away. RDA not being there. Sam was there but the emphasis is the "tougher" Carter. Carter's personal life seems to be in the back burner. Very sad indeed.
    I don't mind as long as I know Jack is still in the picture. IMO, these guys don't write women or romance very well.
    Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
      I don't mind as long as I know Jack is still in the picture. IMO, these guys don't write women or romance very well.
      I am however under the opinion that whatever part Jack plays this season will have nothing to do with Sam. Unfortunately there never is any follow thru, consequences or continuity on relationships with this show. It is very slap dash. If they are going to ignore the interpersonal stuff-then just make sure you tell a good story-something they haven't done the last 2 years.
      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
        I am however under the opinion that whatever part Jack plays this season will have nothing to do with Sam. Unfortunately there never is any follow thru, consequences or continuity on relationships with this show. It is very slap dash. If they are going to ignore the interpersonal stuff-then just make sure you tell a good story-something they haven't done the last 2 years.
        I agree with you 100%. The writers have never with the exception of Season 8
        Spoiler:
        but Threads was a rush ship job
        developed substantial relationships. I am not familiar with JAG but in the recent Farscape series, the writers did a very good job of developing the UST between John Crichton and Aeryn. I could feel it and see it. The RST was terrific although they used John's clone firstly but they got it right in the end reuniting John and Aeryn. Sure there was angst. I'm OK with angst. But, then there was romance and love. But, I'll continue to watch Season 9 and hope for the little crumbs they send our way. I won't give up. But I also like SG-1 for action, adventure and Ben. I gotta see Ben!! But, RDA is still The Man!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
          just finished watching the new scifi friday special thingie (i recorded it to watch later). anyhoo...

spoilers for s8 and s9

this is what amanda said in her interview part:

"This year will be about her professional career. I think it was important to show this woman struggling with trying to create a life for herself as well as doing the best she can in her career, cause she’s been so career-driven. And I think it was important to show that yes, she does want a life. But I think if we focus too much on that we take away from the strength of the character which is that she’s this incredible scientist and soldier. And that she’s passionate about what she does. And she’s good at what she does.

It’s time to up the body count. She needs to be carrying her gun a bit more. (giggling)"

i LOVED seeing scenes of sam and jack kissing! it was from moebius 2 and they showed it twice!

i HATED seeing pete again! this was in the same interview from above. they showed sam and pete kissing (from affinity), and then sam and pete at the wherehouse (same ep). yuck to showing him again.

overall, i was alright with the special. my mom wasn't. she said it was too silly.

oh, got a glimpse of vala... god help us. this is low humor and the dreaded seven-of-nine affliction. you know, sex up something upfront instead of subtle. *sigh*

but i LOVED seeing sam and jack kiss again!

sally

Well, if they have to sex up someone, I'm glad that it won't be Sam.
          sigpic
          ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl
            I got that impression too.
            Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

It has been a long time since I made Stargate art, but with the new seasons coming up, I thought us SACK'ers could use some S/J goodness. My wallpapers can be found at Elsewhere.

*sings* Hit the SACK, Jack and don't you go back to the friendship crap no more, no more, no more, no more lalalala....

1024x768

Textures: Denrito, Hybrid Genesis, my own.
              Brush: Portfelia
              Screencaps: Stargatecaps.com

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                How would they know they are being misquoted? If it's on the internet, well there are so many sites and you can't expect an actor / PTB to visit them all.

And if it's a magazine / lowdown that changes, say, "we miss Rick a lot, but other than that we're the happiest we've ever been" to "we're the happiest we've ever been"... well what should that actor do then? If the lowdown producer has already got another person saying they miss Rick, then it makes sense in a 20 minute segment for the duplication to be cut so that viewers can hear something *new*. So then how can it be 'set straight'? Ditto with magazine interviews. I s'pose CJ could say to his next interviewer "look, it's really important to me that you put in the article that we all miss RDA", the interviewer might privately think that it's really important to her to get an interesting article full of new stuff and under her 500 word allowance. And ignore him.

It really doesn't hurt anyone to give actors and PTBs the benefit of the doubt. Why more people don't do it I really don't understand.
                Basically, I agree. However, the makers of the Lowdown have the power, I think, to ensure that 5 seconds are devoted to acknowledging that the star of the show has left and that he will be missed. Having the new guy acknowledge him to help ease his acceptace (no disrespect to BB, I thought he was sweet) with RDA fans was included. I just feel that having someone in the cast (preferably) or one of TPTB mention that he, RDA, the former star, or at least, that Jack is gone was an important fact that should have been included in the lowdown for season 9. An informational fact for new fans of Stargate SG-1, and a respectful one for the old fans.

During AT's little speech, I was hoping she was going to mention that Sam and Jack are together now and that she is happy, so her personal life doesn't need to be addressed so much and they can focus on her professional life. Hope springs eternal. Kinda.
                sigpic
                ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Heya

I had no idea there was another lowdown.

Can I have a hug please...I've had a very bad day.
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                    Heya

I had no idea there was another lowdown.

Can I have a hug please...I've had a very bad day.
                    but of course

*HUgs
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Comment

(((Pittburghgirl)))

Thankyou...I'm feeling pretty horrible at the moment.
                      sigpic

Comment

Just a heads up...devout shippers HAVE to see Madagascar!

spoilers for Madagascar
                        Spoiler:
                        The penguins kick ass, go to antarctica...and get this...one of them was called Kawalsky! Oh and a duck dies!
                        sigpic

Comment

Just a heads up...devout shippers HAVE to see Madagascar!

spoilers for Madagascar
                          Spoiler:
                          The penguins kick ass, go to antarctica...and get this...one of them was called Kawalsky! Oh and a duck dies!
                          that was cute! must have been thinking about us.

Comment

(((Pittburghgirl)))

Thankyou...I'm feeling pretty horrible at the moment.
                            SueKay hope you feel better ...

Sam and Jack Forever ...... Always

Comment

Thanks guys

I saw someone drown today, and it was horrible. They just dissappeared.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Suzy
                                It has been a long time since I made Stargate art, but with the new seasons coming up, I thought us SACK'ers could use some S/J goodness. My wallpapers can be found at Elsewhere.

*sings* Hit the SACK, Jack and don't you go back to the friendship crap no more, no more, no more, no more lalalala....

http://elsewhere.g33k-powered.net/wallpapers/thumbs/sj_wall_thumb.jpg

1024x768

Textures: Denrito, Hybrid Genesis, my own.
                                Brush: Portfelia
                                Screencaps: Stargatecaps.com
                                Love the wallpaper ....with S9 going the way it is.... we shippers have to keep our dreams with past eps

Comment

Working...
                                X