This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ses110
    I also beleive if an Actor is misquoted they should do there best to set the record straight.
    How would they know they are being misquoted? If it's on the internet, well there are so many sites and you can't expect an actor / PTB to visit them all.

And if it's a magazine / lowdown that changes, say, "we miss Rick a lot, but other than that we're the happiest we've ever been" to "we're the happiest we've ever been"... well what should that actor do then? If the lowdown producer has already got another person saying they miss Rick, then it makes sense in a 20 minute segment for the duplication to be cut so that viewers can hear something *new*. So then how can it be 'set straight'? Ditto with magazine interviews. I s'pose CJ could say to his next interviewer "look, it's really important to me that you put in the article that we all miss RDA", the interviewer might privately think that it's really important to her to get an interesting article full of new stuff and under her 500 word allowance. And ignore him.

It really doesn't hurt anyone to give actors and PTBs the benefit of the doubt. Why more people don't do it I really don't understand.

Madeleine

Comment

Hey Gatebee, good to see you're here. Are you having problems with your pics or is the problem at my end, nto receiving them. Don't get the 'Lowdown' here but from the sounds of it I haven't realy missed much. I will be eargerly reading everything you guys post on the evening of the 15th and I'm sure for days after in regards to the opener of season 9. Lots and lots of spoilers please.

I too, along with all our shipper family will greatly miss the on-screen chemistry between RDA & AT that brought to life the undying love of Jack and Sam. RDA will be sorely missed. I really hope that tptb give us something to let us know that Jack and Sam, if not already together, are heading in the right direction.

*Jack and Sam getting ready to settle in for the night and watch some tv together*

TOGETHER FOREVER,
      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
        Hey Gatebee, good to see you're here. Are you having problems with your pics or is the problem at my end, nto receiving them. Don't get the 'Lowdown' here but from the sounds of it I haven't realy missed much. I will be eargerly reading everything you guys post on the evening of the 15th and I'm sure for days after in regards to the opener of season 9. Lots and lots of spoilers please.

I too, along with all our shipper family will greatly miss the on-screen chemistry between RDA & AT that brought to life the undying love of Jack and Sam. RDA will be sorely missed. I really hope that tptb give us something to let us know that Jack and Sam, if not already together, are heading in the right direction.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b1...stayathome.jpg

*Jack and Sam getting ready to settle in for the night and watch some tv together*
        Divcon, you didn't really miss anything. Lowdown was a putdown for shippers. AT was there and she looks good. RDA had tiny bit. As I said earlier .... I am very sad about it. S9 .... if the lowdown is the marker , I will not expect much .
        You can't see my pics. Weird cause I can see it on my screen. Must be ny photobucket cause they are down right now. I guess not a very good night for me all in all.
        SAM AND JACK FOREVER .... ALWAYS

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
          Divcon, you didn't really miss anything. Lowdown was a putdown for shippers. AT was there and she looks good. RDA had tiny bit. As I said earlier .... I am very sad about it. S9 .... if the lowdown is the marker , I will not expect much .
          You can't see my pics. Weird cause I can see it on my screen. Must be ny photobucket cause they are down right now. I guess not a very good night for me all in all.
          SAM AND JACK FOREVER .... ALWAYS

Hey, pics are just the icing on a very well made conversation cake. Love talking to eveyone in the ship family. BTW can you see my pics? Did the hurricane hit where you live or were you safe there. Also how's your daughter doing?

TOGETHER FOREVER,
          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
            Hey, pics are just the icing on a very well made conversation cake. Love talking to eveyone in the ship family. BTW can you see my pics? Did the hurricane hit where you live or were you safe there. Also how's your daughter doing?
            I can see you Sam and Jack ship pic. I want to fill up the thread right now with tons of Sam and Jack but photobucket down.
            daughter is ok and hurricane missed our city. I hope we will be lucky for the rest of the season.

Comment

Gotta go and start dinner now. Should be back in a few hours, so you'll probably be gone so I'll say goodnight to you now. Here's something to dream of.

*They're repeats, but honestly, who cares!!*

TOGETHER FOREVER,
              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

just finished watching the new scifi friday special thingie (i recorded it to watch later). anyhoo...

spoilers for s8 and s9

this is what amanda said in her interview part:

"This year will be about her professional career. I think it was important to show this woman struggling with trying to create a life for herself as well as doing the best she can in her career, cause she’s been so career-driven. And I think it was important to show that yes, she does want a life. But I think if we focus too much on that we take away from the strength of the character which is that she’s this incredible scientist and soldier. And that she’s passionate about what she does. And she’s good at what she does.

It’s time to up the body count. She needs to be carrying her gun a bit more. (giggling)"

i LOVED seeing scenes of sam and jack kissing! it was from moebius 2 and they showed it twice!

i HATED seeing pete again! this was in the same interview from above. they showed sam and pete kissing (from affinity), and then sam and pete at the wherehouse (same ep). yuck to showing him again.

overall, i was alright with the special. my mom wasn't. she said it was too silly.

oh, got a glimpse of vala... god help us. this is low humor and the dreaded seven-of-nine affliction. you know, sex up something upfront instead of subtle. *sigh*

but i LOVED seeing sam and jack kiss again!

sally
                Last edited by majorsal; 12 July 2005, 12:20 AM.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Hello shippers

Can't be on the net much those days ..RL + catching up on the "Lost " series but looks like US fans specially shippers were in general disappointed about the Lowdown for season 9 .

May be spoilers !!!!Speculation !!!!

I read a few posts and it was expected for Sam love's life to be in the back burner , which is fine . It will be nice to have Sam character kicking A$$es , carrying a gun ..but they really still need to show her romantic side from time to time and that should be related to Jack and no one else . I hope/think they'll do that but we may not hear much of it at all . I was watching an episode of JAG the other day , where Harm and Mac didn't work together for the entire Episode..Mac was with Bud and Harm was on his own ..Anyway ..there was this scene at Harm's appartment and he was talking to Mattie ( 15 year old girl ..Harm became her Guardian ) and Mattie asked Harm about Mac and his relationship to her ..She even asked Harm if he loved Mac ..and he did say " Yes , I love her" and they carried on talking about Mac for another minute and how Harm and Mac were working at the complicated relationship ....

Now All I'm saying is I hope that we'll have a similar scene with let's say Sam and Teal'c ....not to keen on Daniel/Sam having that kind of chat ..but Sam/Teal'c would be awesome .. Teal'c has always been there for Sam in personal crisis, a shoulder to cry on .

Of course I don't want to even see Sam cry in season 9 at all because she will be with Jack and happy but to let us know through Sam/ Teal'c chats how she is coping with the distanced relationship will be a perfect way to carry on the ship ..until Jack comes back for the end of season 9 for some visual impact .

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                    Hello shippers

Can't be on the net much those days ..RL + catching up on the "Lost " series but looks like US fans specially shippers were in general disappointed about the Lowdown for season 9 .

I read a few posts and it was expected for Sam love's life to be in the back burner , which is fine . It will be nice to have Sam character kicking A$$es , carrying a gun ..but they really still need to show her romantic side from time to time and that should be related to Jack and no one else . I hope/think they'll do that but we may not hear much of it at all . I was watching an episode of JAG the other day , where Harm and Mac didn't work together for the entire Episode..Mac was with Bud and Harm was on his own ..Anyway ..there was this scene at Harm's appartment and he was talking to Mattie ( 15 year old girl ..Harm became her Guardian ) and Mattie asked Harm about Mac and his relationship to her ..She even asked Harm if he loved Mac ..and he did say " Yes , I love her" and they carried on talking about Mac for another minute and how Harm and Mac were working at the complicated relationship ....

Now All I'm saying is I hope that we'll have a similar scene with let's say Sam and Teal'c ....not to keen on Daniel/Sam having that kind of chat ..but Sam/Teal'c would be awesome .. Teal'c has always been there for Sam in personal crisis, a shoulder to cry on .

Of course I don't want to even see Sam cry in season 9 at all because she will be with Jack and happy but to let us know through Sam/ Teal'c chats how she is coping with the distanced relationship will be a perfect way to carry on the ship ..until Jack comes back for the end of season 9 for some visual impact .

Caty
                    Caty, I think that's a great idea. Often Teal'c has seen the emtional side of Jack and Sam's 'relationship'. He would be a great person for her to talk to.

Teal'c: Col. Carter, how is O'Neill?
                    Sam: You know Teal'c, he's doing fine. He rang me last night.
                    Teal'c: Are you missing him greatly?
                    Sam: Yeah I am Teal'c but we talk every night and he tries to make it here every few weeks. It's hard but we're working on it.
                    Teal'c: I am glad to hear that Col. Carter.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      misstweedledee, I think we'd all be very interested in seeing that! Could you post the link?

hey *waves*

I'd love to post the link, but unfortunatly its a screen name so there ist a link,and also there is the chance someone was just doing it as a wind up.
                      I sent them an E-mail and will let u know if and when the reply.

misstweedledee

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
                      honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                        Okay see now I need to know WHERE you read this and in what context it was worded...

Hmmmm...

Hey *waves*

It was a msn screen name

and it was worded exactly like that, but like a said, you can right anything in a screen name so someone could have decided to make it up and mess with us.

still trying to find more info tho, will share as soon as i know more

misstweedledee

United we stand,Divided we fall. - The Shipper Family
                        honoured member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                          Hello shippers

Caty
                          i wish that they would do something like that on sg1...
                          ..i also wish they'd show jag on terrestrial cos i want to watch it now!!!
                          sigpic
                          http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                          http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by shipper hannah
                            i wish that they would do something like that on sg1...
                            ..i also wish they'd show jag on terrestrial cos i want to watch it now!!!
                            I also wish they would have done the same-and especially last season-they knew that RDA would not be back-they could have done something-and now these same guys are playing this game on Atlantis. rosemary
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Jack are they ever going to figure out that we love one another.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                                It made me feel sad. That is why I didn't come to the net straight away. RDA not being there. Sam was there but the emphasis is the "tougher" Carter. Carter's personal life seems to be in the back burner. Very sad indeed.
                                I'm sorry the ship has to be put on the back burner, I'll miss the romantic scenes but it has it's silver lining also. If they are moving away from Carter's personal life then they won't be dropping male guest stars at her feet. This could mean that she has a stable relationship (we know with whom) and isn't on the make any longer. Now all she has to deal with, is her career development because she know who has her heart. The shipper family may not get any lovely scenes for awhile but I think in the ship will pop-up out of the blue again. JM has done this before to us and he will do it again. He keeping us baited (like the fish which is chasing the worm on the hook). However, he better allow us to catch that worm real soon because this big fish will start hurting in clearer water real soon!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X