Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Madeleine you make some great Points.I have no problem if TPTB talk up Season 9 and I do not expect TPTB or the Actors to spend all day praising RDA.I do have a problem when TPTB and the Actors continue to say the set has never been Happier or the energy never better.IMO you do not say those things.Even if you do not mean it it's a slap in the Face to RDA and the other Actors who are no longer on the Show.I also beleive if an Actor is misquoted they should do there best to set the record straight.

Comment

The Shippy Opener that won't go away!!! Part 7

There are spoilers for Seasons 8 & 9 in this part!!! But, it won't interfere with your enjoyment of parts 8, 9, and 10 if you want to stay spoiler free!! Oh Yeah, I promise to stop at 10!! Hee, hee, hee!! There are links to the pics cause they are spoilers, too!!

Back at Stargate Command with General O'Neill......

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ill/901_11.jpg

Spoiler:
      Jack is facing a turning point in his career. An opportunity to move forward in serving his country and the world but at a high cost. Leaving behind the woman he loves, Sam Carter. As he prepares to hand over his command of the SGC to General Hank Landry, he reflects on his fishing trip with Sam.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...image36091.jpg

Spoiler:
      'I can't believe that she finally fished with me! I can't imagine not fishing with her anymore. That's so not gonna happen!'

Jack went to General Landry who was settling into his new office.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ill/901_12.jpg

Spoiler:
      Jack: Hank, whatdaya think about the chair? Great, huh? Hammond left it behind. He threatened to take it once but he must've forgotten!!

Hank: Jack, don't worry I won't let George near this chair. It's incredibly comfy but if what I'm learning about this place is half true, I can't imagine I'll get much chance of sitting here regularly. I can't believe this place!

Jack: Yeah, I'd say we've had our fair share of big, huge bad guys and bad stuff happen but somehow there was too muoh time leftover for paperwork!!!

Hank: Jack, c'mon, I've known you for years. Your promotion and flying a desk at the Pentagon should be the icing on your cake!! But, looking at you, I'd say that you don't see it that way. Tell me, does this have something to do with a certain tall, blonde, brilliant, Lieutenant Colonel?

Jack: Hank, can you narrow that hint down a bit so I have half a chance of figuring it out.

Hank: Cut the crap, Jack!

Jack: OKAY, OKAY, already! Yeah, Hank, I'm in deep. Her smile alone can blind me and those blue eyes, oy, I don't stand a chance.

Hank: Well, I guess you have two choices. I'll give you a hint. I ain't letting her out of the SGC!! She's just too valuable.

Jack: Yeah, Sam's a national treasure!!!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell

There are spoilers for Seasons 8 & 9 in this part!!! But, it won't interfere with your enjoyment of parts 8, 9, and 10 if you want to stay spoiler free!! Oh Yeah, I promise to stop at 10!! Hee, hee, hee!! There are links to the pics cause they are spoilers, too!!

Spoiler:
        Jack is facing a turning point in his career. An opportunity to move forward in serving his country and the world but at a high cost. Leaving behind the woman he loves, Sam Carter. As he prepares to hand over his command of the SGC to General Hank Landry, he reflects on his fishing trip with Sam.

Spoiler:
        'I can't believe that she finally fished with me! I can't imagine not fishing with her anymore. That's so not gonna happen!'

Spoiler:
        Jack: Hank, whatdaya think about the chair? Great, huh? Hammond left it behind. He threatened to take it once but he must've forgotten!!

Hank: Jack, don't worry I won't let George near this chair. It's incredibly comfy but if what I'm learning about this place is half true, I can't imagine I'll get much chance of sitting here regularly. I can't believe this place!

Jack: Yeah, I'd say we've had our fair share of big, huge bad guys and bad stuff happen but somehow there was too muoh time leftover for paperwork!!!

Hank: Jack, c'mon, I've known you for years. Your promotion and flying a desk at the Pentagon should be the icing on your cake!! But, looking at you, I'd say that you don't see it that way. Tell me, does this have something to do with a certain tall, blonde, brilliant, Lieutenant Colonel?

Jack: Hank, can you narrow that hint down a bit so I have half a chance of figuring it out.

Jack: OKAY, OKAY, already! Yeah, Hank, I'm in deep. Her smile alone can blind me and those blue eyes, oy, I don't stand a chance.

Hank: Well, I guess you have two choices. I'll give you a hint. I ain't letting her out of the SGC!! She's just too valuable.

haha, i saw that and thought it was real!

SO, WHO SAW THE SPECIAL?!?! I thought that
        Spoiler:
        they sure were showing a lot of that moebius kiss when AT was talking about Carter as a character in S9??? what do you all say??
        "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
        and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

Originally posted by nell

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Isn't the first pic of RDA great! He still got it at 55!
          sigpic

Comment

Hello out there! Is anyone home? What did everyone think about the Lowdown?
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trupi
              I had a hard time accepting that RDA was not there. I haven't come to terms with his departure yet.

I am a little more receptive to B.Browder now, though, after he spoke highly of RDA/Jack.

All in all, I enjoyed it.
              sigpic
              ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by blueiris
                I had a hard time accepting that RDA was not there. I haven't come to terms with his departure yet.

I am a little more receptive to B.Browder now, though, after he spoke highly of RDA/Jack.

All in all, I enjoyed it.
                I liked Ben. He's a down to earth guy, not full with himself. I never watch Farscape, so I don't know what kind of actor he is but he looks like he's having a good time on SG-1
                sigpic

Comment

I did not watch Farscape, either. But I do remember thinking he was a cutie when I saw the previews of Farscape. I hope that season 9 will be good. One of the factors in my watching SG-1 in season 9, though, still hinges a bit on rather or not they respect the S/J ship. It won't take much, just a one-sided phone call or the right words to let me know it still is. Of course, a big ol' kiss at some point would definitely pull me in.

I wish RDA well, but sure do wish SG-1 fit into his plans.
                  sigpic
                  ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

I did not watch Farscape, either. But I do remember thinking he was a cutie when I saw the previews of Farscape. I hope that season 9 will be good. One of the factors in my watching SG-1 in season 9, though, still hinges a bit on rather or not they respect the S/J ship. It won't take much, just a one-sided phone call or the right words to let me know it still is. Of course, a big ol' kiss at some point would definitely pull me in.

I think like MS, RDA needs time to baby his ailments and a little R&R. Distance makes the heart grow fonder and I hope once he is away from the crew and the fans for awhile that he will miss them and us just as much as we will miss him!
                    sigpic

Comment

I liked it when there was only one show to do a Lowdown on. With 3, and certain extent 2 (like last year) it's gets too, well too blurry for these eyes. They jump from one show to another and back again before they even make their point. Why couldn't they just divide the darn time into 3 consecutive segments of SG-1, Atlantis and BG? Well, I know why, they hoping to draw fans of one show into another, but it ain't working for me. Sorry, but aside from seeng and listening to AT, a few other things, plus the 2 Jack scenes I didn't get much out of it.

I did enjoy that question about all that walking and why there's no type of transport vehicle taken to the various planets. Been wondering about it for as long as I've watched the shows.
                      Last edited by Gatetrixer; 11 July 2005, 09:44 PM.

Comment

WOW, you guys are great. RL has kept me away for a day or two and I've been trying to catch up. I don't think I can.

((((((((((NELL))))))))))))

You're a legend, love your s9 season openers.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                        NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

It made me feel sad. That is why I didn't come to the net straight away. RDA not being there. Sam was there but the emphasis is the "tougher" Carter. Carter's personal life seems to be in the back burner. Very sad indeed.

Comment

I didn't watch Farscape as well. And like you I wish RDA the best. He deserves it. TPTB should have finished the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                              I liked it when there was only one show to do a Lowdown on. With 3, and certain extent 2 (like last year) it's gets too, well too blurry for these eyes. They jump from one show to another and back again before they even make their point. Why couldn't they just divide the darn time into 3 consecutive segments of SG-1, Atlantis and BG? Well, I know why, they hoping to draw fans of one show into another, but it ain't working for me. Sorry, but aside from seeng and listening to AT, a few other things, plus the 2 Jack scenes I didn't get much out of it.
                              I sort of knew going into it that I would not get alot from it. I just watched it to see and hoped that I would not get disappointed by scifi. SGA and BS are basically riding on the tailcoat of SG1 that is why they put them all together. As I said earlier ... a very sad day for shipper.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X