This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Shippy Season 9 Opener.....

JACK: Ok, Sam, here's the plan. As soon as we get to P3X-299, let's dump the boys, dial home and head to Hawaii......I have the minister on standby!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...ergateteam.jpg

JACK: Ok, Sam, here's the plan. As soon as we get to P3X-299, let's dump the boys, dial home and head to Hawaii......I have the minister on standby!
      SG1-Fanintn, ROFL...

Perfect pic.... they soooooo don't care about Teal'c and Daniel

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        Your use of the word "successful" in relation to MS and certain others on the show was highly thought provolking. I know that we, as SG1 fans, definitely went from not knowing who they were to knowing very, very well exactly who they were. The other players (other than RDA) *became* famous to *us*.

However, I'd be curious to hear, on the street, how many of the general population would know who Michael Shanks or Christopher Judge are. I'm betting that their fame is considerably more limited than their fans think *or* than most others in the TV business would recognize. As demonstrated by Michael's less than successful attempt to go out on his own in Season 6, even after eight or nine years on Stargate, Hollywood isn't necessarily going to be pounding down their doors.

For example, what have we seen Robert Duncan McNeill, Tim Russ, Alexander Siddig, or Roxanne Dawson in lately? Nothing against these people - they're fantastic performers - but Sci-Fi actors are already at a disadvantage. If the SG actors think they're bound for fame and fortune because of their fan bases on SG, they may be in for a crude awakening.

On the other hand, if Ben and Claudia couldn't keep Farscape from being cancelled, I have to wonder how TPTB at SG think they're going to fail to do the same with SG. I hate to say it, but I hope they don't. I'm ready for SG1 to be cancelled.

Sorry for the OT-ness of this post. I beg forgiveness, but had to speak.
        I agree entirely! I meant successful in the context of having found a way to earn a good living, and being able to afford the big house, the cars, etc., that society attaches to the word "success." I agree with you that outside the sci-fi genre, their reach as celebrities is limited. This just supports my earlier statements. Some people get a little "success," convince themselves they did it all on their own.....and decide they don't owe anything to the people who helped them get where they are. I've been around show biz folk enough to see it happen. It's just part of human frailty.

I'm not saying that these people are not talented. But after being disappointed by several comments made by two members of the cast since the end of S8, I think it's clear who is still "real" and who may believe too many of their own fan letters.

I think you also make an outstanding point about the "star power" of the new "main attractions." It didn't keep their own vehicle afloat. But I do see why TPTB thought signing them was a good business decision. I'm still open to the possibilities, but as I have already stated, I'd rather have RDA any day of the week.

I too, beg forgiveness for the OT-ness of this post. I just thought Buc-52 made some intriguing points, and wanted to make it clear that I'm in agreement.

Comment

[CENTER]Another Shippy Season 9 Opener.....

LOL, if only!
          Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Great post sg-1 fanintn.An Actor should know better than anyone about changing schedules and working on a TV Show.If an Actor wants a 9-5 Job they picked the wrong field.RDA could have left after Season 5 but RDA stayed on for the Cast and Crew and the Fans.I have never heard RDA take shots at any Cast or Crew who left the Show.Some Actors may have been insulted with the Show going on without them but I never heard RDA talk bad about Season 9 or wish bad on the Show.I'am very proud of AT and her comments regarding RDA.That's one Actor who gets it.

Comment

yes yes .... we must dream on

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                SHIPPY OPENER Part 6

Daniel meets Sam and Jack for dinner. (Note: It's kind of silly.)

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...l/b6ccda1e.jpg

Daniel: Thanks guys, for dinner. You really didn't have to...

Sam: Oh, Daniel, we feel like we let you down. We...we...it wasn't planned. We just wanted to fish by ourselves so we decided to stay at Jack's cabin for a few more days.

Jack: Hey, Daniel, c'mon it's not like we weren't gonna tell you that we like fishing. Um, it's just a new activity for us. We, um, are learning about...stuff. For crying out loud, you know what I mean.

Daniel: Well, no Jack, I don't know what you mean. Sha're and I didn't fish. We...weaved. Long, flowing robes to bind ourselves in. But, I don't have anyone to weave with. I guess your fishing reminded me of weaving. I miss weaving.

Sam: Oh, Daniel, someday you'll weave again. There is someone special out there for you.

Jack: Daniel stop pouting.

Daniel: Jack and Sam, I'm being selfish. Of course, I'm happy for you. But, now that you've finally fished, you're soon to be separated.

Jack: Thanks, Daniel. You had to go and bring that up.

Sam: No, he's right, Jack.

Sam sighs deeply. Jack frowns. Daniel becomes distracted by thoughts of looms.
                RLOL .... all that fishing and looms very PG

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                  Another S9 Opening Sequence

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...%20Earth/1.bmp

Sam: Jack I got the test results
                  Daniel's thoughts: he is going for a suprise
                  http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...%20Earth/2.bmp

Daniel's thoughts: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...h/0aa57e86.bmp

Jack: For Crying Out Loud!
                  Daniel's thoughts: Yep, saw that coming

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...h/051226d8.bmp

Jack: We are having sextuplets!

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y21...%20Earth/6.bmp

Sam: Yousureyoubetcha...

Note from author... I know, tweaked a little bit RL way's of finding out you are having 6 babies
                  LOL4JACK!!!! Love it!! Hee, hee!!! Who said Jack is old??!! He is the best!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Love it!!! BTW That pic is great!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
                      I don't know much about CJ's opinions, but he seems much better than MS. At least CJ hasn't called the audience who is skeptical about some or all of the changes in season 9 "not intelligent" and isn't egotistical. I personally have never seen CJ do interviews where he complains about how other characters on the show are getting to do all the good stuff like MS did with AT or how all his scenes are poorly done and how the network hates him. You can just see MS's ego - he has to have "and Michael Shanks as Daniel Jackson" at the end of the oepning credits. Maybe he was happy that RDA left - it gave him a chance to try to get his name above the credits. But that's just my rather ignorant opinion and as my good friend Mary Beth would say, "I have no strong feelings on the subject".
                      I suppose it's possible CJ, being quite the jokester, was trying to be funny, but I wasn't there and wouldn't know how he sounded when he said it. But in print I don't like it. As a matter of fact, I haven't been to any SG cons, so the only time I've heard and seen MS and CJ out of their character parts has been on the Lowdowns. And I wasn't watching the show when MS left and it's very difficult to get a handle on just why since I didn't think he was getting the short shrift up to then, when I finally saw all the eps. In fact, RDA, in an interview (I think just before S7), said Jack and Daniel played off each other so well, something that was missing in S6, so he was being nice about MS coming back.

Comment

SCFI Special program, inside SCIFI friday is on in 10min... I'll keep you posted

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                          SCFI Special program, inside SCIFI friday is on in 10min... I'll keep you posted
                          "On your sixes"! Lets see all the wonderful improvements!
                          sigpic

Comment

Whee! Let's go watch the special!

Comment

In defence of some of the actors who are getting it in the neck in here:

The criticism is that they aren't mentioning RDA, or aren't mentioning him enough, or aren't mentioning him properly. Okay, how do you know they aren't mentioning RDA? How do you know they aren't bangin' on and on to every magazine they speak to about how great RDA was and how he's irreplaceable as Jack? How do you know that the editors of the magazines, wary of printing exactly what's been printed before, have taken the red pen to everything like that cos they don't need the readers to read it in isue #123 if they already read the same thing verbatim in #117?

*If* they aren't mentioning RDA enough, is there a reason? I'm thinking of the two questions I asked CJ at a recent con. Neither of them offered a reasonable person any expectation of a mention of RDA. Actors don't just stand and pour out their hearts, either to cons or to magazines; they answer the questions asked. If virtually every question *doesn't* have any relevance to RDA, whose fault is it then if there's virtually no mention of RDA.

And if they aren't mentioning him 'properly'?... well, I'd say "go to the source" - but be wary even then. I remember being in an internet chat with MS, early in s7 or just before. Asked what it was like being back he said positive things, including that there was a great mood among "the three supporting actors". Those were the exact words used. He was talking about himself, Amanda and Chris, it seemed pretty clear from the context. Now, there are some people about who rather don't like MS, and took him to be meaning 'RDA, AT and CJ'. Goodness knows why. But within hours it was all over the internet that 'MS says there's a good mood among "HIS supporting actors" what an ego, what a prat'. Well, I suppose people are going to interpret his words how they please, but in the original form we at least can give him the courtesy of assuming he meant himself, (unless you're the sort who *looks* for the bad in what an actor says). People had NO RIGHT to change his words to make it seem worse than it was, and yet they did, and it all goes into the fandom conciousness. I heard it just the othre day again, 'oh, MS says some awful things, remember when he called the other three "his" suporting characters?' So if I hear someone saying that CJ said that RDA was old, I'll hold off believing it to be a slight on him until I see an exact transcript and know what prompted the comment, what words were used and what else he said.

Finally, there might be another reason for the actors and PTB not to mention how much they miss RDA. For years RDA held the show together - in most people's perceptions certainly, and quite probably in reality too. RDA has had a number of critics saying how he's 'deserting the show', 'leaving them in the lurch', and others saying that he should pack his daughter up and move her to Vancouver, or that he should keep working. Might RDA's friends be trying to protect him from more of those types of thing?

Some people just look for the very worst that can be found in an interview. You can bet that if CJ or anyone repeatedly did say how much RDA was missed there's be *someone* to carp about how CJ is laying a guilt trip on poor RDA and not letting the poor tired chap get his retirement in peace. Between these people posting their opinions, editors editing, interviewers and fans asking questions that *they* choose and not the actors, and fans' imperfect memories, the sense of an actor's / PTB's words can wander a long way from what they' originally said / meant. Which is why I think it only fair to give everyone as much benefit of the doubt as can be given. it's only kind.

Madeleine

Comment

Why did SCIFI pick the dumber of the questions asked about the shows? Are they trying to make fun of the fans by saying all can't tell reality from fantasy? I know some of us have asked intelligent reasonable questions. Why didn't they asked them on the show? Guys-"Stop biting the hands that feeds you!"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X