X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    DON'T PANIC!!!

Your reaction is COMPLETELY natural.

Just close your eyes, take deep, long breaths until you feel that you've calmed down.

Then open your eyes, take another look at that picture and repeat the above...

deep breath....pfffffff.....here we go...the blood is back in my brain !!! thanks but I think I'm gonna wait a little more before looking at this pic again!! I wouldn't appreciate dying by heart attack at my age !! ...well after a little thinking...I'd try if I have such a guy to make reanimation to me (little mouth to mouth with the man...who could resist certainly not Sam )

Comment

jus a little last one to thank LOL4JACK !!! (((((((L4J))))) you rock !!!
      to wish a good con to all of you who go there...bring back the news soon!!!!

I wish you all my dear shipper family members a good night or day depending on where you live and I'm glad to be here with you guys !!! I wish I had more time to share with you!!!

I'm glad to see some ole fellow coming back !! especially when they post those soooooooo nice pictures!!! ((((((((( galaxy ))))))))

see ya guys later !

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
        SS, Trupi hope to see you there.
        Most definitely!

sigpic
        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
          Most definitely!
          When the date gets closer we set a place to meet up!
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
            jus a little last one to thank LOL4JACK !!! (((((((L4J))))) you rock !!!

thank you!

Originally posted by sugarshaker
            Most definitely!
            Woooohoooo, so much fun to meet other (((((((shipper family))))))) I'll PM you before, but I guess we need to wear a Penguin hat

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
            Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Another S9 Opening Sequence

Sam: Jack I got the test results
              Daniel's thoughts: he is going for a suprise

Daniel's thoughts: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

Jack: For Crying Out Loud!
              Daniel's thoughts: Yep, saw that coming

Jack: We are having sextuplets!

Sam: Yousureyoubetcha...

Note from author... I know, tweaked a little bit RL way's of finding out you are having 6 babies

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Rogue my thoughs are we all have to work around schedules know matter what we do for a living.If there are People on Vacation or out Sick we all have to pick up the Slack.I do not go crying to my Boss about extra Work.Once again Hollywood shows how out of touch they are with the real world.

Comment

sueKay I hope it does not mean
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam is worried about Danile or another meebr of SG-1 being Sick.I hope it's Jack that is Sick.We would get some great Sam angst.

Comment

watching prophesy right now-i love how gentle his voice gets when he talks to her or worries over her. that tone of voice was pretty much missing during season 8 until that scene in threads when at the end
                    Spoiler:
                    she goes on about trying to dial the alpha site in order to make the gate inaccessible to Anubis and at first he does Carter in a harsh tone-and then a gentle one
                    Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Great point.TPTB should have seen this coming from RDA.RDA cut back in Season 7 and 8.TPTB should have seen the writing on the Wall.TPTB or the Actors should not be upset with RDA.I may be wrong but I doubt RDA signed a lifetime contract.8 Years on a TV Show is a long Time.One Actor in particular should be Happy.Now lets see how good he is without RDA.

Comment

SS I would only go if AT was there.I have no desire to see some of the other SG-1 Actors.I never went to a convention.

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
                          I'm sure i'm gonna sound stupid but...how do you vote ? I've never have time to do it so didn't go and see, you have to vote for the one you don't want to keep right ? just want to be sure so I don't eliminate D&C ...would be stupid of me
                          Hey, no problem. It's not a stupid question. It's just something new to you. To vote, just hit "post reply" at the top or bottom of the page, just like you would to create any other post. Mark Round # at the top of the post just so they don't get confused about which round you're in. Then, list the eight episodes you want to see eliminated.

My only caution: be sure to check the list of eps already eliminated first, so you won't accidentally put one in there that's already gone. If you do, they won't count any of your votes that round. I think that's stupid, since you would probably have seven other good votes. But that's the way they're doing it.

The person who organized the contest also has lists on the main post of eps that still remain, as well as links to each season synopsis page.....so you can check on eps you may not remember as well as others.

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                            Ses, I am not surprised. At the Dallas Con, the only time CJ mentioned RDA was to say he wasn't comming back and he is really old. MS didn't mention RDA or AT.

At the same time they are promoting the new cast, it would be nice for them to acknowledge RDA and what he has done for the show. I know they had to work around his schedule, but IMO, they currently have a job because RDA stuck around longer than he wanted to.
                            To Rogue, Ses and others who have expressed the same concerns:

You are absolutely correct! The first rule of PR is not to offend. Obviously, making sarcastic remarks directed at the icon (RDA) may backfire. And how about the adult fans who hear those remarks? If they're anywhere within 10 years of RDA's age, might they also be offended by that age remark? Certainly!

As many of us have pointed out over the past couple of months, it is possible to sound excited and upbeat about what's new without disrespecting the traditions and people who got you this far. I don't know if certain actors weren't properly prepared by publicists to answer those questions or if they just deviated from the message because they feel so secure in their own egos/fan bases. Either way, those remarks were ill-advised and in extremely poor taste.

And, as you pointed out, we all have to work around schedules--be they the boss's, the client's, the family's, etc. RDA had earned the right to cut his own deals. He was the only headliner in the cast when it began--a bonafide star with several successful series under his belt. I personally think it would have been worth any consideration it took to keep him.

Others may have become successful over the course of the show's run, but without RDA and the big break they got with Stargate, who is to say where they would be now? Maybe some people were RDA's "fair weather" friends. They were friendly as long as it was convenient. How wonderful to have the example of Amanda Tapping, who loves her friend enough to pay public homage to him and his very successful career!

Okay.....that's the most serious post I've made in weeks! But friends deserve your support, and if you can't give it, then who can really trust you?
                            ** uhum.....steps down off soapbox***

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                              Methinks this is interesting

(from GW beachead spoilers)
                              Spoiler:
                              With mixed emotions, Carter returns to the SG-1 team to assist in the mission.
                              i think that's interesting too. you never know

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

Others may have become successful over the course of the show's run, but without RDA and the big break they got with Stargate, who is to say where they would be now? Maybe some people were RDA's "fair weather" friends. They were friendly as long as it was convenient. How wonderful to have the example of Amanda Tapping, who loves her friend enough to pay public homage to him and his very successful career!
                                Your use of the word "successful" in relation to MS and certain others on the show was highly thought provolking. I know that we, as SG1 fans, definitely went from not knowing who they were to knowing very, very well exactly who they were. The other players (other than RDA) *became* famous to *us*.

However, I'd be curious to hear, on the street, how many of the general population would know who Michael Shanks or Christopher Judge are. I'm betting that their fame is considerably more limited than their fans think *or* than most others in the TV business would recognize. As demonstrated by Michael's less than successful attempt to go out on his own in Season 6, even after eight or nine years on Stargate, Hollywood isn't necessarily going to be pounding down their doors.

For example, what have we seen Robert Duncan McNeill, Tim Russ, Alexander Siddig, or Roxanne Dawson in lately? Nothing against these people - they're fantastic performers - but Sci-Fi actors are already at a disadvantage. If the SG actors think they're bound for fame and fortune because of their fan bases on SG, they may be in for a crude awakening.

On the other hand, if Ben and Claudia couldn't keep Farscape from being cancelled, I have to wonder how TPTB at SG think they're going to fail to do the same with SG. I hate to say it, but I hope they don't. I'm ready for SG1 to be cancelled.

Sorry for the OT-ness of this post. I beg forgiveness, but had to speak.
                                - Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X