This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by galaxy
    This interview was badly translated from French to German and before I make an even worse translation and mutilate the english language , I will post the translation from French to English that I've found:

Spoiler:

The heroine of Stargate reveils a new and wonderful adventure.

Amanda Tapping: My Miracle Baby

Soon to be 40 (28 August), Amanda Tapping savours the joy of being a
    mother. Satisfied with Olivia as much as with Stargte SG-1, she
    started shooting season 9.

TS: Your little Olivia came into your life on March 22nd. What great
    joy it must have been!

AT: (laughs) Exactly ! And I can't even imagine my life without her
    anymore ! As a matter of fact, from the moment I started shooting
    Stargate again, in Vancouver, I have been taking her with me.

TS: Is your husband, Alan Kovacs (married on 23 September 1994) also
    crazy about her?

AT: He is incredible. He is always trying to look after her. He
    never in his life changed a diaper, but he is a master chef at it.

TS: Is there something you wish to pass on to her?

AT: Kindness. Because the world lacks too much of it.

TS: Before Olivia you've had two miscarriages...

AT: That was very hard on me. My first miscarriage was in autumn
    2002, at the end of shooting the last episode of season 7 of
    Stargate. The second one was shortly before I got pregnant with
    Olivia. I don't need to tell you that we think of our girl as our
    mircale baby.

TS: Do you still wish to enlarge your family in spite of what
    happened ?

AT: Of course! All the more so, since I grew up with 2 brothers of
    whom 1 my twin.

TS: To get back to Stargate, Richard Dean Anderson left the series
    at the end of the last season. (M6 is airing the last one he will be
    appearing in). Do you miss him?

AT: Yes, a lot. We all miss his humour, his jokes...

TS: Why did he leave?

AT: Because his daughter will soon turn 7 and she needs her father
    to be around. During the weekdays, Richard was shooting in Vancouver
    while spending his weekends in Los Angeles. It wasn't enough, so he
    decided to live full-time in California.

TS: Before Richard's departure, will the fans finally have a clear
    view of the love story between Jack and Samantha?

AT: Aaah no ! Anyway, while we wait for Richard's return in one or
    two episodes, Samantha says to those who'd want to hear it, that she
    isn't single... It's for you to figure it out.

Galaxy thanks for posting the interview with AT! I will view this as if the glass is half full and have some hope for S9. I love RDA so it I will continue to wait and hope for more episodes with him, especially when AT is there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      Daniel gets everywhere He's in the background of this one - and the other day I noticed the pic I put on my mobile phone for wallpaper has him in the background too! ARGGGGH!

I figure it must be cos he feels the love and has been so starved of it in his life he needs to be close by to bask in the glow.
      He'd probably wind up in the storage closet Sam and Jack hide in to make out!!

Comment

Originally posted by ann_sgcfan
        Galaxy thanks for posting the interview with AT! I will view this as if the glass is half full and have some hope for S9. I love RDA so it I will continue to wait and hope for more episodes with him, especially when AT is there as well.
        ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((ann)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WELCOME BACK ANN!!!!!!!!

Comment

Hello....

Today is a very shippy important day for me, I finally saw for the first time,

Beneath the Surface

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been able to join when you talk about this ep... so please excuse me, but I have to speak up

- When Daniel is talking to Jack about his dreams, Jack says that he normally dreams about something else and then looks at Carter.....

- Daniel asks about the mines and he says, that's where the two of you met, for me that sounded more like, that is where the two of you got together as a COUPLE

- PDL comentary, about the kiss, it was written in... why, if you ask me, would they have a kiss????? because they where a COUPLE and they took it out because to much kissing going on in S4

- One of the top shippy scenes of all time... the head on shoulder priceless!!!

- Director's commentary on the above scene... he says something like... the way the scene was played, you couldn't know if they had been "Boyfriend and Girlfriend" for a long time or not!!!! OK, I'm dying of a heart attack here...

- And at the end when they look at each other and call each other, Colonel and Major , I just wanted to jump in and hug them (((((Jonah/Thera)))) snif...
          Last edited by LOL4JACK; 09 July 2005, 05:45 PM.

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
            ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((ann)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

WELCOME BACK ANN!!!!!!!!
            Thanks mad_gater! It's good to be back.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
              Hello....

Beneath the Surface

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never been able to join when you talk about this ep... so please excuse me, but I have to speak up

- When Daniel is talking to Jack about his dreams, Jack says that he normally dreams about something else and then looks at Carter.....

- Daniel asks about the mines and he says, that's where the two of you met, for me that sounded more like, that is where the two of you got together as a COUPLE

- PDL comentary, about the kiss, it was written in... why, if you ask me, would they have a kiss????? because they where a COUPLE and they took it out because to much kissing going on in S4

- Director's commentary on the above scene... he says something like... the way the scene was played, you couldn't know if they had been "Boyfriend and Girlfriend" for a long time or not!!!! OK, I'm dying of a heart attack here...

- And at the end when they look at each other and call each other, Colonel and Major , I just wanted to jump in and hug them (((((Jonas/Thera)))) snif...
              LOL4JACK,
              I am sooooo happy for you to finally see BTS!!! It is a monumental episode in my book and only recently surpassed by Threads!!! Jonah and Thera were attracted to each other and shared a relationship based on friendship and affection. I really believe that they were in love. Maybe the early stages because I don't know if they yet acted on their feelings. Although mind stamped, our Sam's and Jack's personalities and their essence as individuals were still present. Oh, I want to add that I really, really loved Divide and Conquer but BTS gave us several scenes of their shared attraction and affection.

That's the way I feel. Squee!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Hello....

Beneath the Surface

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- And at the end when they look at each other and call each other, Colonel and Major , I just wanted to jump in and hug them (((((Jonas/Thera)))) snif...

Glad you were finally able to see Beneath the Surface. It's one of my favorites obviously! I agree I think the last scene between Colonel and Major is heart wrenching.

Comment

What I would like to see the opening scene between Jack and Sam, despite all spoilers...

Sam: I just got a call they need me back at the SGC, something about a new enemy unleashed.

Jack: Dang it! I knew it was too good to last.

Sam: Jaaaack you knew we couldn't stay here at your cabin forever ... didn't you?

Jack: I can hope. When do you leave?

Sam: I'll leave in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                    SG-1 Interviews...Amanda's at the top (her first name's first alphabetically)...

I can see that Jack is mentioned but would like to know what she's really saying (as opposed to the stupid Altavista Babelfish translation that doesn't make a whole lot of sense anyway...)

Any German shippers wanna fill in the blanks on this???? Either that or direct me to the English translation since my knowledge of the German language is limited to counting from 1-10 and then to say thank you!

SO...Danke!

http://www.stargate-project.de/starg...on=show&ID=315

i used google translation, and i feel like i was reading yoda's first attempts at speaking english!

i'd really love to know what amanda said!

sally
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Hello....

Beneath the Surface

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

'Scuse me....Jonas?!?!?! I think you mean Jonah....Jonas better not be foolin' around with Jack's gal....not if he ever valued Jack's trust in him...

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                        'Scuse me....Jonas?!?!?! I think you mean Jonah....Jonas better not be foolin' around with Jack's gal....not if he ever valued Jack's trust in him...
                        Ooooopsss, running back to edit post ((((Mad_Gater)))) ROFL....

(((Nell))) (((Ann_sgcfan))) thanks for sharing, I feel I've reached a new level as a shipper, like when Carter went through the gate the first time, Theoretical Astrophysics, she knew everything about the stargate but never experienced it by herself... yep... I was a TA of BTS I was a TABTS

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                        Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                        Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Hello....

Beneath the Surface

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

- And at the end when they look at each other and call each other, Colonel and Major , I just wanted to jump in and hug them (((((Jonah/Thera)))) snif...

Yea LOL4JACK!!! I am so glad you got to watch Beneath the Surface. It is one of my all time favorite episodes! Such a shippy show.
                          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                            Yea LOL4JACK!!! I am so glad you got to watch Beneath the Surface. It is one of my all time favorite episodes! Such a shippy show.
                            After those eps I was like "FCOL! Just find a way around the regs and kiss already! This is one dance that's getting old rather quickly!"

Comment

Originally Posted by galaxy
                              Oh and here is the link to the interview in French (with a nice pic of Amanda).....

http://www.theamandatappingclub.net/telestar.jpg

Originally posted by gatebee
                              WOW that is an amazing picture of Amanda Tapping. thank you for sharing
                              Ditto! Now my question is "Why can't Sam look like that in her civilian clothes??" Have we seen Sam in any civilian clothes that are flattering? Maybe "Ascension"?

Token ~

Comment

Originally posted by Token
                                Ditto! Now my question is "Why can't Sam look like that in her civilian clothes??" Have we seen Sam in any civilian clothes that are flattering? Maybe "Ascension"?
                                I would say the suit she wore in "Covenant" and the wardrobe from "Nightwalkers."
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X