X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
    The forums are very quiet today!!

2. Has there been an explanation to why we aren't getting a 'behind the scenes' kind of Special thing before the start of Season 9?? we've had one before both Season 7 &8 if I remember rightly...

Thanks for any help!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
    Hi Sam, They are showing a special pre-season show next monday on the SCIFI channel, it said in my cable guide that it was to present SCIFI's friday line-up for Stargate SG-1, Atlantis and Battelstar Galactica it also said that included interviews with the actors... something is something

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
      For me, I'm still weighing the benefits of Pete.
      Spoiler:
      What I mean by that is we had to watch Sam go through her uncertainties of Jacks feelings for her through Pete,the dating (horrors), the marriage proposal (nightmare), the planning of the wedding (sickening),and yet it did bring Jack and Sam closer. we think, we never got the good parts which I think would have made us (this is even hard to type) appreciate Pete. Had we heard Sam admit her realization to Jack when she came to see him, her telling Pete that it was because of her feelings for Jack that she was breaking off the engagement, and of course the icing on the cake, Sam and Jack sharing a quiet moment and a passionate kiss, again I think would have then really given purpose to the Pete character; but by us not seeing any of this and leaving us with our own interpretations and vagueness of what the relationship is between Jack and Sam, it leaves the door open for "what the heck was Pete all about". As others have said, keeping it real, as real as tv can be, yes this does happen in relationships but to have really been believable it should have happened sometime before Season 8.
      Again this is only my opinion.
      I think this is very well put. Continuing with the Wizard of Oz analogy that's been used throughout the show, TP's presented us with the yellow brick road and gave us signposts along the way, but we had to find Oz on our own (Oz being Sam and Jack together). I have no doubt that there is an Oz and that the YBR leads there, but like Dorothy 'we had to discover it for ourselves'. They're not actually going to TAKE us to Oz. I don't like the fact that they did this; I'm just saying that I think that was their intention. Too bad. What a journey it could (and should) have been.

sigpic
      s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by lonely_star
        OMA OMA OMA !!!!
        that's so great !!!! I'm so happy for you !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!
        would you like a girl or a boy ?
        I wish you all the happiness in the world !! hope everything is going to be well, keep us posted on the events!!!!
        wow !!! that's awesome !!!! (((((((( OMA))))))))

ÜberSG-1Fan, I hope Ezra is feeling better now...and that it won't happen again.All my thoughts go to your family they surely went through hell for a night

I hope all of you guys had a good 4th of july and YAY for season9 in... (counting on my fingers)... 9 days!!! thanks Nell
        Thank you...from what I understand Ezra will more than likely grow out of this problem...it's just scary to think of how close I came to losing him...

With 10 nieces and nephews, I could waste tons of time worrying about the safety of each...but then I think a lessen I can learn from what happened with Ezra is that I don't have to worry about him because God's looking out for his safety and He can do a way better job of managing Ezra and the other kids' wellbeing than I ever could...So I think I'll like them in His hands....

And as for YOU Oma...six, eh? You going for a football team or something?

You understand that you don't actually have to give birth to the entire team yourself. Your hubby can do just fine watching the one's that already exist...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Well I guess it's time to head off to Bedfordshire. Think perhaps I'll print off a little ship fic to inspire some shippy dreams

and on that note I'll leave you all with the ultimate picture of shippiness.
          Until tomorrow shipper family.....

Sooooo meant to be!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            On that most wonderful of shippy days (no, not July 28th - the other RL one ) Valentine's Day, hubby and I are expecting baby number 6! Here's hoping this one is actually on time
            Congratulations on your newest little shiplet!

sigpic
            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Wow, 9 more days til S9. I'm excited and yet apprehensive at the same time. I know it's been said before, but it won't be the same
              Spoiler:
              without RDA
              . It will definitely be different. I'm willing to give it a chance and hope that we have some definite resolution to all our questions.

Meanwhile...Congratulations to those in the UK (especially London) for winning the host of the 2012 Olympics.

Everyone have a great night. Remember...SG-1 S8 Marathon starts tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. EST on SciFi.
              -girlgater

Comment

Hey, just saw where Amanda Tapping is going to be at the San Diego Comic-Con convention on July 16. If anyone from the family goes, or if anyone hears that she makes comments on the Sam/Jack ship, please post!
                -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                  Wow, 9 more days til S9. I'm excited and yet apprehensive at the same time. I know it's been said before, but it won't be the same
                  Spoiler:
                  without RDA
                  . It will definitely be different. I'm willing to give it a chance and hope that we have some definite resolution to all our questions.

Meanwhile...Congratulations to those in the UK (especially London) for winning the host of the 2012 Olympics.

Everyone have a great night. Remember...SG-1 S8 Marathon starts tomorrow at 8:00 a.m. EST on SciFi.
                  Woohooo...GO LONDON GO!!!

I loved visiting London 16 years ago...beautiful city! Paris was lovely too, but there's just something about London...too bad the Abbey was closed while I was there. I would have loved to have seen it from the inside...

As for the Marathon...they're showing the 1 hour version of Threads which I gave 1 star....They took out all the really good stuff! (read my previous posts on the 1 hour Threads episode to see what gems they cut....)

And just as a matter of thread etiquette, I have a stupid question about next season...

I think everyone and their dog knows that RDA has retired from show biz to be with his cutie little Wylie...do we still have to put that little factoid in Spoiler tags???

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                    Hey, just saw where Amanda Tapping is going to be at the San Diego Comic-Con convention on July 16. If anyone from the family goes, or if anyone hears that she makes comments on the Sam/Jack ship, please post!
                    I have a friend going and she promised to take a lot of notes...

...but then she isn't a Sam/Jack shipper and teases me relentlessly with Affinity Sam/Pete pictures...

The things I must endure...

Comment

Originally posted by Rogue
                      Was Pete a necessary evil? Maybe, but IMO, they took it too far. I think they could have had the same effect by
                      Spoiler:
                      having them realize their feelings for each other in Affinity. The proposal should have been the catalysist for them expressing their feelings for each other.
                      spoilers for s7/s8/pete eps - careful not to read if you don't want to be spoiled

Spoiler:
                      i've thought about this before, and have probably said it before, but...

my theory on how 'sam has a boyfriend but eventually goes to jack' could have been done --

chimera: we see that sam is dating a guy. a nice, non pushy guy. he has no probs with what sam does. sam has no prob with him not knowing. it's a simple, uncomplicated relay. we see them together like we did (it killed me), but we 'don't' see any make out scene (which bothered me the most). since this bf didn't have a prob with what sam did, the entire second half of spying wouldn't be there. bf wouldn't be a dick, and sam wouldn't be a floormat.

then, every once in a while, we'd find out sam's still seeing bf. no including him in missions (was painfully obvious that sam could have figured it out on her own. while asleep. or coma).

bf doesn't ask her to marry him.

THEN, when bf 'does' up the anti, THAT'S when things change between them and s/j. i'd have it that bf asks sam if he can move in with her (or she with him). 'this' would be the catalyst that would make sam wake up and smell the potatoes. so, bf asks her if he can move in with her. sam freaks, not wanting to take this relay deeper.

let's say this is all happening in 'threads', when her father is dying too. so, sam's dealing with bf upping the anti, jack having a gf, and dad dying... the power of threads would still be there, but we would have been spared the worst of the sam/pete storyline.

i still think we could have gotten to the same end result (dumpage of bf/gf and s/j admitting/stop running), without all the controversial and damaging aspects.

sally
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

numerous spoilers for s9!

Originally posted by Kri
                        HI EVERYONE! It's time for me to do some catching up, since I haven't been here since May. Summer is going well, with the exception of my last grandparent passing away two weeks ago. ANYWAY, here are my list of catch up questions:

1. Is RDA just in the season opener?
                        in eps one and three. so far.

2. Do we know exactly where Sam is, in the season opener?
                        area 51. she's taking care of cassie too.

3. Could the cast photo of AT possibly enhance her womanly features more? Sheesh, I thought she was well endowed BEFORE the baby!
                        boobs are exploding with milk. well, they are!

4. Who plans to watch the show past the season opener?
                        i'm watching eps 6-20. i'm waiting until my fave character (sam) returns.

5. Does anyone actually expect SHIP to be mentioned any further in the season?
                        yep! joe mallozzi said to check out 'ex deus machina'.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Welcome, louisajones!

Originally posted by majorAl
                          on a more practical note - to any experenced posters out there how do i quote more that one thing in my reply?
                          You can learn a lot about how to operate the thread by clicking on the FAQ link at the top of each page.

Originally posted by majorAl
                          i resopnce to pecent posts i think that pete ( i even hate typing it ) proballly was a plot device
                          Many of us hate typing it, or seeing it in print. That's why some of use to represent him instead!

Originally posted by Rogue
                          Was Pete a necessary evil? Maybe, but IMO, they took it too far. I think they could have had the same effect by
                          Spoiler:
                          having them realize their feelings for each other in Affinity. The proposal should have been the catalysist for them expressing their feelings for each other.
                          She was practically BEGGING Jack for any little hint at a future together when she showed him the engagement ring in her lab. When he didn't give her that, she just caved and decided to move forward with . Luckily, she realized the error of her ways!

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
                            HI EVERYONE! It's time for me to do some catching up, since I haven't been here since May. Summer is going well, with the exception of my last grandparent passing away two weeks ago. ANYWAY, here are my list of catch up questions:

1. Is RDA just in the season opener?

2. Do we know exactly where Sam is, in the season opener?

3. Could the cast photo of AT possibly enhance her womanly features more? Sheesh, I thought she was well endowed BEFORE the baby!

4. Who plans to watch the show past the season opener?

5. Does anyone actually expect SHIP to be mentioned any further in the season?

6. How the heck are y'all?
                            Season 9 Spoilers!
                            s
                            s
                            s
                            s
                            s
                            s
                            s
                            s
                            s
                            s
                            s

1. RDA is supposed to be in episode 1 & 3.

2. Sam's at Area 51 and taking care of CAssie

3. Probably

4. I plan to watch the whole season. I'm very definitely an SG1 fan

5. And I definitely think the ship will rise again . I don't intend to give up hope!

6. Doing Great!!! How 'bout you?
                            In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                            so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                            Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                            Hic Comitas Regit
                            Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                            Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Thanks for voting in the Favorite Episodes Tournament! But your support is still needed. The game is in Round 24 now. Thanks to your votes, Divide & Conquer (the holy grail of J/S shippiness) is a little further away from being eliminated than it was.

Please keep voting! Catch up on the tourney (and which eps have been eliminated so far) here:
                              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...t=12889&page=1

Be careful! If you accidentally vote for an ep that has already been eliminated, none of your votes will count in that round.

Sam and Jack thank you. I thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                                For me, I'm still weighing the benefits of Pete.
                                Spoiler:
                                What I mean by that is we had to watch Sam go through her uncertainties of Jacks feelings for her through Pete,the dating (horrors), the marriage proposal (nightmare), the planning of the wedding (sickening),and yet it did bring Jack and Sam closer. we think, we never got the good parts which I think would have made us (this is even hard to type) appreciate Pete. Had we heard Sam admit her realization to Jack when she came to see him, her telling Pete that it was because of her feelings for Jack that she was breaking off the engagement, and of course the icing on the cake, Sam and Jack sharing a quiet moment and a passionate kiss, again I think would have then really given purpose to the Pete character; but by us not seeing any of this and leaving us with our own interpretations and vagueness of what the relationship is between Jack and Sam, it leaves the door open for "what the heck was Pete all about". As others have said, keeping it real, as real as tv can be, yes this does happen in relationships but to have really been believable it should have happened sometime before Season 8.
                                Again this is only my opinion.

Pretty much my opinion, too. Although I do think we are supposed to believe that Jack and Sam have come to an "understanding," visually, especially, we get less than Sam/Pete and even Jack/Kerry.

Comment

Working...
                                X