Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I loved Top Gun and can remember it quite clearly so I'll proudly show my age right along with you. The volleyball scene is still my favourite. Maybe we should of have a volleyball scene with SG1 during there down time. Imagine Jack and Sam on the same side, all that bumping into each other and slapping each other on the butts. OH YEAH BABY![/QUOTE]

Oh my! My heads away in lala land with that scene in my head

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
      Here's one more before I go and make dinner.

I thought you said it wasn't illegal!!!

I love this pic its one of my favorites ever

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
        For me, I'm still weighing the benefits of Pete.
        Spoiler:
        What I mean by that is we had to watch Sam go through her uncertainties of Jacks feelings for her through Pete,the dating (horrors), the marriage proposal (nightmare), the planning of the wedding (sickening),and yet it did bring Jack and Sam closer. we think, we never got the good parts which I think would have made us (this is even hard to type) appreciate Pete. Had we heard Sam admit her realization to Jack when she came to see him, her telling Pete that it was because of her feelings for Jack that she was breaking off the engagement, and of course the icing on the cake, Sam and Jack sharing a quiet moment and a passionate kiss, again I think would have then really given purpose to the Pete character; but by us not seeing any of this and leaving us with our own interpretations and vagueness of what the relationship is between Jack and Sam, it leaves the door open for "what the heck was Pete all about". As others have said, keeping it real, as real as tv can be, yes this does happen in relationships but to have really been believable it should have happened sometime before Season 8.
        Again this is only my opinion.
        Was Pete a necessary evil? Maybe, but IMO, they took it too far. I think they could have had the same effect by
        Spoiler:
        having them realize their feelings for each other in Affinity. The proposal should have been the catalysist for them expressing their feelings for each other.
        Odo's last wishes: cremate me, put me in my bucket, then shoot me through the wormhole.

Rogue

Comment

Originally posted by nell

**There are 9 DAYS UNTIL JULY 15 SEASON PREMIERE!!!!
          HI EVERYONE! It's time for me to do some catching up, since I haven't been here since May. Summer is going well, with the exception of my last grandparent passing away two weeks ago. ANYWAY, here are my list of catch up questions:

1. Is RDA just in the season opener?

2. Do we know exactly where Sam is, in the season opener?

3. Could the cast photo of AT possibly enhance her womanly features more? Sheesh, I thought she was well endowed BEFORE the baby!

4. Who plans to watch the show past the season opener?

5. Does anyone actually expect SHIP to be mentioned any further in the season?

6. How the heck are y'all?

Comment

Originally posted by Kri
            HI EVERYONE! It's time for me to do some catching up, since I haven't been here since May. Summer is going well, with the exception of my last grandparent passing away two weeks ago. ANYWAY, here are my list of catch up questions:

3. Could the cast photo of AT possibly enhance her womanly features more? Sheesh, I thought she was well endowed BEFORE the baby!

To answer some questions:

1. RDA will be in the 3rd episode as well as supposedly will be
            Spoiler:
            speaking on the phone with Gen. Landry in Beachhead.

2.Sam is
            Spoiler:
            heading something up over at Area 51

3. No comment.

4. I shall!

5. More than likely not.

6. Good!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kri

Questions 1-3, I'll take ChevronSeven's answers

4: I plan on watching the whole season.

5: I am holding out hope despite all depression that has been going on lately.

6: Not bad, overall. How are you?
              Yes, I really do look like (a younger) Daniel. Don't believe me? Look for yourself.

Hey, Mitchell! You want a turn?

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                WELCOME BACK SAM_O_NEILL, MAD GATER AND SHELSFC!!!!!!
                Thank You SueKay!! Its good to see you here too, i haven't seen you round much these last few days!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

This is OT, but I finally got a piccie back from my school leavers dance. I'm the one in the red!

Nominations? What nominations??????

I'm confuzzled...I really feel out of the loop as I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread.
                  ooh when was your dance SueKay?? Mine leavers ball was last Tuesday and I got the pics today Hope you had fun!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Hi all. I'm back from town and it's a on my Stargate Sg1 Mag mission!!
                    First shop I went into had a nice big stock and even a back issue so I treated myself to both.
                    *looks lovingly at open mag on desk and even more lovingly at very yummy pic of RDA!!*

Will delve into both later and update you with anything 'shipper relevant'!

As for the whole Pete issue...I definitely err on the side of 'why on earth did they need to torture us with ' I know the whole 'moving on issue' was how was introduced but IMO it undermined the feelings that Jack and Sam had. Also, one of the things I've always loved about sg1 is the strength of the characters, especially Sam (who is my fav female character on tv) and felt that TPTB betrayed that strength with what IMO came across as a very weak secondary storyline. Sam is a smart cookie and I'd like to think she had an idea that her feelings were reciprocated so perhaps it would have been better handled to actually have had Jack and Sam talk about how they felt in order to explore their options (obviously we shippers love a bit of overt ship! ) rather than leave it all open to interpretation and to .

Does any of that make any sense to anyone?? coz even i'm a little now!!

Always good to have a visual example, so here is exhibit billie1!!

Comment

As far as we know.....

I posted earlier that in the Official Stargate Mag AT is quoted as saying that
                      Spoiler:
                      she takes the time off to be with Cassie because she was put in charge of her after Janet died...

lol, it might...

For me it depends on how the season opener turns out but to be honest i don't think i could bear not watching SG so i'll watch the whole lot even if it is just to try and find a smidgin of Sam/Jack ship in an episode!!

Apparently there is a
                      Spoiler:
                      phone convo rumoured in BeachHead and Joe Mallozzi has told us to check out Ex Deus Machina
                      (I hope I got that the right way round!

I'm good thanks for asking! How are you?

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

The forums are very quiet today!!

While i'm thinking of them I have 2 questions which have been bugging me for a while and I just keep forgetting to ask someone about them....

1. What is the song jack is singing at the start of Forsaken?? I remeber someone posting the lyrics that he sings but i really can't remember what the song was or wjhat the lyrics were

2. Has there been an explanation to why we aren't getting a 'behind the scenes' kind of Special thing before the start of Season 9?? we've had one before both Season 7 &8 if I remember rightly...

Thanks for any help!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

OMA OMA OMA !!!!
                          that's so great !!!! I'm so happy for you !!! CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!
                          would you like a girl or a boy ?
                          I wish you all the happiness in the world !! hope everything is going to be well, keep us posted on the events!!!!
                          wow !!! that's awesome !!!! (((((((( OMA))))))))

ÜberSG-1Fan, I hope Ezra is feeling better now...and that it won't happen again.All my thoughts go to your family they surely went through hell for a night

I hope all of you guys had a good 4th of july and YAY for season9 in... (counting on my fingers)... 9 days!!! thanks Nell

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                            This is way off-topic but I just had a scare...I posted this on the Sam's a Great Character thread but wanted to share it with you too...

My brother Ben called and told us that we came very close to losing his youngest. He has 5 kids...Emily, Erika, Evalyn, Ethan and Ezra.

Ezra, a very young little sweetie (18 months old), was in his crib...and it was bedtime.

For some reason, someone had to go back upstairs and get some water...and as a result, heard him gasping for air. My sister in law Nicole called 911 and the paramedics and police came running. They couldn't figure out what was going on and at first thought he was maybe choking on something he had put in his mouth.

Nic went to the emergency room with him and they finally figured out that he had some serious issues with acid reflux...that it had somehow blocked his esophagus up and was therefore unable to catch his breath. They were able to alleviate the blockage and I think he'll be on some medication to keep the problem at bay. Poor Nic was at the ER all night long and was exhausted but both parents are indeed happy that Ezra will be okay.

There was no reason for anyone to go upstairs and it was a miracle they heard it even then because the gasping was soft and almost inaudible.

My brother continued to say that it was clear to him that God was watching out for his youngest son because Ezra most certainly would not have survived the night.

I'm glad your nephew is alright and thanks be to God that he is. (((((((Über)))))))

Comment

WELCOME BACK SAM_O_NEILL, MAD GATER AND SHELSFC!!!!!!
                              Thank you!! ((((hugs))))

This is OT, but I finally got a piccie back from my school leavers dance. I'm the one in the red!

Nominations? What nominations??????

I'm confuzzled...I really feel out of the loop as I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread.
                              You look gorgeous!! Hope ya had a good time!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                                The forums are very quiet today!!

While i'm thinking of them I have 2 questions which have been bugging me for a while and I just keep forgetting to ask someone about them....

1. What is the song jack is singing at the start of Forsaken?? I remeber someone posting the lyrics that he sings but i really can't remember what the song was or wjhat the lyrics were

2. Has there been an explanation to why we aren't getting a 'behind the scenes' kind of Special thing before the start of Season 9?? we've had one before both Season 7 &8 if I remember rightly...

Thanks for any help!

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Shipper Family)))))))))))))))))))))))))))
                                Hiya S_o_N. It does seem kinda quiet today I have to agree, I'm here for a while thou so if you are around give me a shout!

As for your ques:-
                                1. I will track down the episode and see if I can figure out the song
                                2. I have had a read through the stargate official mag and there's no mention of a pre season special but I'm sure they'll do something especially with all the personnel changes (Hardly any Jack )

Now.....just felt that I had to share this with my shipper family. My flat mate has seen one or two SG1 episodes but has yet to feel the allegiance that I do and since my joining the shipper family I get the feeling that she is feeling a little bit like a shipper widow (couldn't think of a word for friend feeling shipper neglected??). Anyhow having peeked in while I'm posting and seen my current status as Jaffa Fodder she duly went away and made me this (see below) well I was ROFL for ages!!

The small box at the top says..'Jaffaholics anonymous. If you think you've got a problem call in strictest confidence on .....' LOL!!

She is now waiting for me to get past 100 posts so that she can get creating my next award!!

As for the 'Award for SG1's No1 Fan' all I can say is I'm the only fan she knows so that explains that!!

Comment

Working...
                                X