Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't recieved issue four yet either....it's late...mind you I live in Scotland...like we get anything.

...sorry...disgruntled nationalist...don't take anything personal at the moment.
    sigpic
    Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

CONGRATULATIONS OMA!
      sigpic

Comment

WELCOME BACK SAM_O_NEILL, MAD GATER AND SHELSFC!!!!!!
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
          Just heard that one of my best friends had her first baby this morning (have been squeeeeeeing ever since!! ) I thought it very appropriate that little Johnny was born on Independance Day!! (also coz now all thoughts of popping out to the pub or the cinema on an independant whim are so over!!)

Hey all.
          Just got back from meeting my new little 'nephew' Johnny to read Ubers post. Am so pleased to hear that Ezra is ok Uber and am positive too that God was watching over him. Hope he continues to recover well.

While we are on the topic of miracles I've put a link below to a pic of Johnny for those who might like to see. He is so gorgeous and so precious....am starting to get a bit broody myself, shock horror!!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57...ie/Johnny3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            This is way off-topic but I just had a scare...I posted this on the Sam's a Great Character thread but wanted to share it with you too...

My brother Ben called and told us that we came very close to losing his youngest. He has 5 kids...Emily, Erika, Evalyn, Ethan and Ezra.

Ezra, a very young little sweetie (18 months old), was in his crib...and it was bedtime.

For some reason, someone had to go back upstairs and get some water...and as a result, heard him gasping for air. My sister in law Nicole called 911 and the paramedics and police came running. They couldn't figure out what was going on and at first thought he was maybe choking on something he had put in his mouth.

Nic went to the emergency room with him and they finally figured out that he had some serious issues with acid reflux...that it had somehow blocked his esophagus up and was therefore unable to catch his breath. They were able to alleviate the blockage and I think he'll be on some medication to keep the problem at bay. Poor Nic was at the ER all night long and was exhausted but both parents are indeed happy that Ezra will be okay.

There was no reason for anyone to go upstairs and it was a miracle they heard it even then because the gasping was soft and almost inaudible.

My brother continued to say that it was clear to him that God was watching out for his youngest son because Ezra most certainly would not have survived the night.
            God is good. I'm glad he's ok.
            -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by louiseajones
              Im now totally gutted I ever came to this forum cos I am halfway through Season 6 and have now ruined my entire life by reading this!!

Altough I think Im gonna be stuck on here forever now and never do any work again cos I wanna know all the goss!!

And I cant believe that Jack goes,hes like the funniest ever!!
              WELCOME to the shipper family louiseajones!!
              This place is 100% addicitve (just ask my flatmate!!)... so my advice is not to fight it, pull up a comfy chair, grab some shipper cookies and join the fun!!

Am heading off into town now to buy the Stargate Magazine and so will return either or depending on the mission outcome!!

Comment

Uber - i missed your post, but I'm glad everything's alright.
                sigpic

Comment

For me, I'm still weighing the benefits of Pete.
                  Spoiler:
                  What I mean by that is we had to watch Sam go through her uncertainties of Jacks feelings for her through Pete,the dating (horrors), the marriage proposal (nightmare), the planning of the wedding (sickening),and yet it did bring Jack and Sam closer. we think, we never got the good parts which I think would have made us (this is even hard to type) appreciate Pete. Had we heard Sam admit her realization to Jack when she came to see him, her telling Pete that it was because of her feelings for Jack that she was breaking off the engagement, and of course the icing on the cake, Sam and Jack sharing a quiet moment and a passionate kiss, again I think would have then really given purpose to the Pete character; but by us not seeing any of this and leaving us with our own interpretations and vagueness of what the relationship is between Jack and Sam, it leaves the door open for "what the heck was Pete all about". As others have said, keeping it real, as real as tv can be, yes this does happen in relationships but to have really been believable it should have happened sometime before Season 8.
                  Again this is only my opinion.

Comment

Greetings Shippers!!

I was busy with RL yesterday. I tried to catch up a little bit this a.m.!

**Uber, good news about your nephew.

**Welcome to Newbies!

**I compiled a list of 20 "ONE of MY FAVORITES" stories from all of your recommendations. OK, Queen Eleta, I'll accept yours, too, if you find the title and author!!!

**Since my suggestion to do the Favorites List, I started thinking!! Why don't I contact all of the authors and invite them to drop in on-line on Shipper Day to say hello and/or chat??!! I'll let each author know the title of their story that was recommended.

**Oh, yeah!! One of the authors has actually met RDA!!

**There are 9 DAYS UNTIL JULY 15 SEASON PREMIERE!!!!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nickatell
                      For me, I'm still weighing the benefits of Pete.
                      Spoiler:
                      What I mean by that is we had to watch Sam go through her uncertainties of Jacks feelings for her through Pete,the dating (horrors), the marriage proposal (nightmare), the planning of the wedding (sickening),and yet it did bring Jack and Sam closer. we think, we never got the good parts which I think would have made us (this is even hard to type) appreciate Pete. Had we heard Sam admit her realization to Jack when she came to see him, her telling Pete that it was because of her feelings for Jack that she was breaking off the engagement, and of course the icing on the cake, Sam and Jack sharing a quiet moment and a passionate kiss, again I think would have then really given purpose to the Pete character; but by us not seeing any of this and leaving us with our own interpretations and vagueness of what the relationship is between Jack and Sam, it leaves the door open for "what the heck was Pete all about". As others have said, keeping it real, as real as tv can be, yes this does happen in relationships but to have really been believable it should have happened sometime before Season 8.
                      Again this is only my opinion.
                      I agree with your opinion-as i have ranted many times
                      Spoiler:
                      there was never, ever any indication that Sam had no intention of going thru with the wedding-that she still loved jack-but was moving on-zip, zero, nada=and as far as jack-he shut her down several times when she tried to talked to him -approach him-something-threads came out of nowhere-and although separately they let out their feelings-they didn't with each other-I'm with Rogue when she says all we got out of threads was an "Always" and a fishing trip-and that is not going to cut it. As for Pete-if I really believed he was a plot device-which he might have been in Chimera at first-but my shipper reaction to him and my take is that they took our reaction to him personally and brought him back because they can and because they knew it would piss people off.
                      Last edited by pittsburghgirl; 06 July 2005, 06:40 AM. Reason: spoiler tags
                      Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

This is OT, but I finally got a piccie back from my school leavers dance. I'm the one in the red!

Nominations? What nominations??????

I'm confuzzled...I really feel out of the loop as I haven't had a chance to catch up with this thread.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          Greetings Shippers!!

I was busy with RL yesterday. I tried to catch up a little bit this a.m.!

**Uber, good news about your nephew.

**Welcome to Newbies!

**I compiled a list of 20 "ONE of MY FAVORITES" stories from all of your recommendations. OK, Queen Eleta, I'll accept yours, too, if you find the title and author!!!

**Since my suggestion to do the Favorites List, I started thinking!! Why don't I contact all of the authors and invite them to drop in on-line on Shipper Day to say hello and/or chat??!! I'll let each author know the title of their story that was recommended.

**Oh, yeah!! One of the authors has actually met RDA!!

**There are 9 DAYS UNTIL JULY 15 SEASON PREMIERE!!!!
                          ((((((Nell)))))))) I think it's great, you are doing a wonderfull job, thanks!

When will you be posting the list? I guess we need some time to read them all before ship day .

I don't know how it goes, but I guess we need to talk to the MODs to have a special thread that day, like in the past? how to set up the poll? can we have more than one poll?

Any insight from experience GW shippers?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                          Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                          Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Last year, we set up the ship day thread, seperate from the family thread. We had a poll ( can't remember what it was exactly) and had a goal - 1000 posts in just ONE day!!!!!

We surpassed that target last year, so I say...

AIM FOR 1500 POSTS ON SHIP DAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                              ((((((Nell)))))))) I think it's great, you are doing a wonderfull job, thanks!

When will you be posting the list? I guess we need some time to read them all before ship day .

I don't know how it goes, but I guess we need to talk to the MODs to have a special thread that day, like in the past? how to set up the poll? can we have more than one poll?

Any insight from experience GW shippers?
                              Thanks! My challenge will be to post the titles and links on one posting!!

This will be my first Shipper(Ship)Day. I'm excited although it is a regular work day for me and I can't post during work hours. Another challenge!

I would like to offer my suggestion for the FAVORITES LIST of stories. Personally, I would prefer to have a list of these excellent stories for reading at my leisure. I am familiar with most of the stories and I just couldn't vote because they are THE BEST!! Besides, if we invite the authors, I want them to come to a non-competitive activity. I'd like this to be a day when they can enjoy the visit among both their fans and other shippers.

So, I suggest that we post the list of Favorite stories on Ship Day and not have a competition. What do think?

BTW the Stargate Fan Awards nominations will be released this week, I hope. There are a wealth of stories especially Sam and Jack Ship stories to be read before the voting 3 weeks later! A feast of Sam and Jack fanfiction!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                This is way off-topic but I just had a scare...I posted this on the Sam's a Great Character thread but wanted to share it with you too...

My brother Ben called and told us that we came very close to losing his youngest. He has 5 kids...Emily, Erika, Evalyn, Ethan and Ezra.

Ezra, a very young little sweetie (18 months old), was in his crib...and it was bedtime.

For some reason, someone had to go back upstairs and get some water...and as a result, heard him gasping for air. My sister in law Nicole called 911 and the paramedics and police came running. They couldn't figure out what was going on and at first thought he was maybe choking on something he had put in his mouth.

Nic went to the emergency room with him and they finally figured out that he had some serious issues with acid reflux...that it had somehow blocked his esophagus up and was therefore unable to catch his breath. They were able to alleviate the blockage and I think he'll be on some medication to keep the problem at bay. Poor Nic was at the ER all night long and was exhausted but both parents are indeed happy that Ezra will be okay.

There was no reason for anyone to go upstairs and it was a miracle they heard it even then because the gasping was soft and almost inaudible.

My brother continued to say that it was clear to him that God was watching out for his youngest son because Ezra most certainly would not have survived the night.
                                i am sure that god was watching uber and am glad that every one is ok.

on a happer note [COLOR=Purple]congratulations oma!!
                                i an very glad to here it. teach him/her well in the ways of shipping. i my self have been educatimg my younger cousins ( some of whom are in canada and so ahed a seson on me i think)

on a more practical note - to any experenced posters out there how do i quote more that one thing in my reply?
                                i wanted to knoe this as i wanted to put up Silvers and SG- 1 fanitics post to thank them for the fan-fic they sugested - all very good i have been reeding avedly having only just dicovered any of this at all.

this is my longest post yet......i have been sitting my exams at the moment and now that they are OVER I have a lot more time to post. (* he he - thinks wont get much els done*) also how do i get a tag to appear a the end of my message?

what is the SHIPPER DAY ALL ABOUT I've been hering it but not sure what it is- like the sound of it though.

for some end of term high sprits me and some mates had a si-fi fest. i insisted on lots of lovely shipper episodes of all the beat shows. one of my frinds had a grate idear for a fic i mite write so i've decided to commmit and put key to screen so to speak.

i resopnce to pecent posts i think that pete ( i even hate typing it ) proballly was a plot device - well they had to do somthing if they wernt going to put the perfect two together- but i am happy to hear that he's GONE!!!!!!! personly i think all would be better for them ( s/j) if they could at least talk- always be honest with people thats by moto - it seems to work for me as my boyfriend just said the L word.

ok end of huge ramble.
                                SAM AND JACK - ALWAYS ( )

Comment

Working...
                                X