Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While we're talking about fanfic, here are links to three related stories by Jo R. It's a series, actually, and I really enjoyed them. I thought the POV was right on target. Hope you like them!

Loose Ends: http://randomramblings.faithweb.com/.../looseends.htm
    Knots: http://randomramblings.faithweb.com/...tion/knots.htm
    All Tied Up: http://randomramblings.faithweb.com/alltiedup.htm

Comment

This is way off-topic but I just had a scare...I posted this on the Sam's a Great Character thread but wanted to share it with you too...

My brother Ben called and told us that we came very close to losing his youngest. He has 5 kids...Emily, Erika, Evalyn, Ethan and Ezra.

Ezra, a very young little sweetie (18 months old), was in his crib...and it was bedtime.

For some reason, someone had to go back upstairs and get some water...and as a result, heard him gasping for air. My sister in law Nicole called 911 and the paramedics and police came running. They couldn't figure out what was going on and at first thought he was maybe choking on something he had put in his mouth.

Nic went to the emergency room with him and they finally figured out that he had some serious issues with acid reflux...that it had somehow blocked his esophagus up and was therefore unable to catch his breath. They were able to alleviate the blockage and I think he'll be on some medication to keep the problem at bay. Poor Nic was at the ER all night long and was exhausted but both parents are indeed happy that Ezra will be okay.

There was no reason for anyone to go upstairs and it was a miracle they heard it even then because the gasping was soft and almost inaudible.

My brother continued to say that it was clear to him that God was watching out for his youngest son because Ezra most certainly would not have survived the night.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
        This is way off-topic but I just had a scare...I posted this on the Sam's a Great Character thread but wanted to share it with you too...

My brother Ben called and told us that we came very close to losing his youngest. He has 5 kids...Emily, Erika, Evalyn, Ethan and Ezra.

Ezra, a very young little sweetie (18 months old), was in his crib...and it was bedtime.

For some reason, someone had to go back upstairs and get some water...and as a result, heard him gasping for air. My sister in law Nicole called 911 and the paramedics and police came running. They couldn't figure out what was going on and at first thought he was maybe choking on something he had put in his mouth.

Nic went to the emergency room with him and they finally figured out that he had some serious issues with acid reflux...that it had somehow blocked his esophagus up and was therefore unable to catch his breath. They were able to alleviate the blockage and I think he'll be on some medication to keep the problem at bay. Poor Nic was at the ER all night long and was exhausted but both parents are indeed happy that Ezra will be okay.

There was no reason for anyone to go upstairs and it was a miracle they heard it even then because the gasping was soft and almost inaudible.

My brother continued to say that it was clear to him that God was watching out for his youngest son because Ezra most certainly would not have survived the night.
        "Indeed" as Teal'c would say... God works in mysterious ways, but he does work... glad to hear everything's well now.

(((((((((((uber))))))))))))
        "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
        and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan

Uber .... so glad everything is okay. This is your family as well.

pic fr rda-forever or rdanderson site

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
            Congratulations! Welcome to Johnny Hope mum and baby are doing well

And since we're talking about babies I have an announcement to make ...... cough cough ......

On that most wonderful of shippy days (no, not July 28th - the other RL one ) Valentine's Day, hubby and I are expecting baby number 6! Here's hoping this one is actually on time
            Oma ...congratulation ... take care of yourself .... hoping Sam and Jack also have a baby soon #1

by L-Jade

Comment

congratulations Oma-1

Uber, glad it all turned out alright!

And here is my contribution of fanfic. I keep mine in the library for my eBook reader and always have several stories available to read if I have to wait for an appointment or when I'm traveling.

www.fanfiction.net/s/1603206/1/ There Without Her

www.fanfiction.net/s/1849683/1/ You Look So Good In Love
              These are just a couple of my favorites.
              In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
              so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
              Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
              Hic Comitas Regit
              Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Congratulations Oma-1!

6? Wow! Hope all goes well and the baby arrives on time, both Mother and baby healthy!!!!
                On fighting:
                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                  Congratulations Oma-1!

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y17...babybanner.jpg

6? Wow! Hope all goes well and the baby arrives on time, both Mother and baby healthy!!!!
                  Lida .... these are so sweet .....
                  I wonder if Sam and Jack would want 6 kids .... 3 girls and 3 boys ... TPTB a BIG HONKING KISS please .... Sam and Jack have a way to go 6 kids ....

Comment

Since everyone has been so good about helping others where thay read certain fics, I was wondering if anyone could help me?
                    I read it at Heliopolis, here's what I remember:
                    The Stargate program was shutting down, Jack and Sam were the last ones there, they had a first kiss in the breifing room, then left for a party at Daniel's. on the way there Jack stops and buys Sam an engagement ring. The rest of the story takes place at the party.
                    I wanted to nominate this one if it is not too late.
                    sig by PM

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                      Lida .... these are so sweet .....
                      I wonder if Sam and Jack would want 6 kids .... 3 girls and 3 boys ... TPTB a BIG HONKING KISS please .... Sam and Jack have a way to go 6 kids ....
                      After a real bhk though...no doubt kids are pretty much a foregone conclusion...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Im now totally gutted I ever came to this forum cos I am halfway through Season 6 and have now ruined my entire life by reading this!!

Altough I think Im gonna be stuck on here forever now and never do any work again cos I wanna know all the goss!!

And I cant believe that Jack goes,hes like the funniest ever!!

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                          Congratulations! Welcome to Johnny Hope mum and baby are doing well

And since we're talking about babies I have an announcement to make ...... cough cough ......

On that most wonderful of shippy days (no, not July 28th - the other RL one ) Valentine's Day, hubby and I are expecting baby number 6! Here's hoping this one is actually on time
                          Congrats Oma!!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

Ok I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but i'll say it just in case....
                            I got the new Stargate mag today and there is a little bit from AT about Sam's reason for not being in the first 5 eps....
                            Spoiler:
                            AT: "After Janet died, Carter took responsibility for Cassie. Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. Thats how i'm playing Carter's descision to leave the SGC." So looks like it isn't to do with her and Jack after all..

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

I've just been reading the posts.

Uber, I'm so glad Ezra is going to be fine. All I can say is thank God and he certainly works in mysterious ways.

Originally posted by Sam_o_Neill
                              Ok I'm not sure if this has been mentioned before but i'll say it just in case....
                              I got the new Stargate mag today and there is a little bit from AT about Sam's reason for not being in the first 5 eps....
                              Spoiler:
                              AT: "After Janet died, Carter took responsibility for Cassie. Cassie has had some problems, so Carter went to spend time with her. Thats how i'm playing Carter's descision to leave the SGC." So looks like it isn't to do with her and Jack after all..
                              You are so lucky to actually get your mags. Issue 4 is now about a month late to reach our newsagents. I rang the distibutors today and they told me it was due out on the 17th July. They couldn't tell me why but at least the next issue(#5) is still due out on the 18th August so I'm going to keep my fingers crossed.

Here we go for shippy.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

I hope you get your magazine soon Divcon! I know how it feels to have to wait longer..ours was supposed to be out on the 23rd June and I only just got it!

Thanks for the shippy pic

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

Comment

Working...
                                X