X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seasons 7 and 8 spoilers:

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
    IF...and I do stress if...and this is a big, ol' HONKIN' IF here...

If Pete was a necessary component in forcing the Sam/Jack story to a resolution...and by that I mean forcing Sam to realize that her feelings for Jack were genuine after all and forcing Jack to recognize how close he came to losing Sam...
    I do think this was the intention.
    ...THEN, as shocking as it may seem, Pete was the biggest gift TPTB has ever given shippers to-date (that is until we get our this reality BHK).
    I don't think this was a gift, however. A gift would not have involved doing something that they knew would bring the wrath of the whole anti-ship campaign down on the S/J ship (and the S/J shippers, too).
    Without Pete, there would have been no house scene, no major watershed moment where Sam realizes she's about to make a huge mistake and why it would be a huge mistake (because she figures out that she loves Jack) and there would have been no back yard scene with her finally willing to take her chances, let the cards fall where they may and find out where Jack stands once and for all. We can thank Pete and his pushiness for her coming to some very important...and this time correct...conclusions about her feelings.

I personally am of the opinion that this was Pete's function...to be hated by shippers and to make Sam realize that she wanted Jack for REAL, for HONEST and for ALWAYS...and not for the bizarre, convoluted reasons she gave herself in Grace.
    I just think it should have been done without adding to (or without attempting to add to) the ship/anti-ship hostilities. If she had just not accepted the ring, I think the same thing would have been accomplished without Sam having to hurt an innocent by-stander.
    But I know I'm in the minority here and many think she could have come to that on her own...and I must respectfully disagree. She had YEARS to come to these conclusions on her own and she, well, didn't.

It was only after she gave herself permission to be happy, to acknowledge that she deserved to love and be loved in return and to try a relationship with someone other than Jack that she realized that she really loved and wanted him.
    I think considering the engagement could have done the same thing. Considering the way she reacted to the ring, her acceptance was too quick and assured sounding anyway. After Jack saw the ring, he would have probably still ended up in bed with "K", and the Sam and Jack scene could have still played out, with Sam substituting the 'ring' for the 'house'.

And THAT'S the kind of interference I can handle...because it could have gone the other way, my friends...but it didn't. She realized where her heart was because she tried something else, and it just didn't fit.

So...*gasp* DARE I SAY IT???? Thank you PETE!
    Yes, thank you, Pete. That's the way it played out. But it didn't show Sam in a good light and it made everyone (fans) angry at some point. It seemed more like a ploy by TPTB to stir up talk (and emotions) and just ended up causing more dissidence between the fans.

In the long run, yes, Pete helped the S/J plight. But it was just done with too much unnecessary twisting of the knife (for want of a better way of expressing what I'm thinking) to the fans and to the characters.
    sigpic
    ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK

Yasureyoubetcha!!!!!!!

((((((((Shipper Family))))))))) Thanks everyone for the congrats I've been dying to tell you guys for the last month but hubby wouldn't let me till we'd told the kids Fair enough I suppose.

MadGater - don't scare me like that! I'll throw up all over ya 10? Nope, no way, uh-uh!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1

Sam: Don't you want me?
        Jack: No! Not like this! Couldn't we take this somewhere without security cameras?

Great quote Oma-1!! This was probably the first real vocalisation of Jacks growing desire for Sam. I mean he could just have said No! but he didn't he said No! Not like this!......translation.....Yes! but I want it to be perfect when we are both lucid and snuggled up infront of the fire alone at my cabin......forget the fishing!! *sighs heavily wishing and waiting for the perfect ultimate shippy moment*

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
          Nice pics Billie. This one reminds me of the (S8 M2 spoiler)
          Spoiler:
          "You've got packing to do" look
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            I hope everyone else had a great 4th too! We usually go downtown to the big fireworks display, but since we didn't take tomorrow off from work, we decided to stay home this year and not fight the crowds. Instead, we cooked out; then watched the big show on the local NBC affiliate. They make a three-hour broadcast out of the entertainment and fireworks. This year's entertainment was Diamond Rio, Jamie O'Neal, Charlie Daniels and, of course, the Nashville Symphony. It's set on the banks of the Cumberland River in downtown Nashville, just across from the coliseum where the Titans play. The fireworks are set off from the Titans' parking lot, and once again, it was spectacular! Nashville's show is now ranked as the 3rd best in the country, and there were tons of tourists from out-of-state here this year just to see it.
            Hope everyone had a great 4th. Love fireworks! Sg-1fanintn a bunch of my dancing friends were in your neck of the woods for are nationals all see if they went it

Originally posted by nell
            Greetings Shippers!
            We have a nice turnout so far for the Sam and Jack PICK ONE OF YOUR FAVORITE stories/series for Shipper Day on July 28!! Twelve picks to be exact! The activity is open through July 4. I think that's enough time or someone will let me know otherwise. thanks, nell
            O.k. even though it's past time here's my fav. fic as of right now http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2437462/1/ The wedding of the century by Jgston. Sam and Jack get married!!!!

Comment

Nice pics Billie. This one reminds me of the (S8 M2 spoiler)
              Spoiler:
              "You've got packing to do" look
              mmm.....Loving that look!!

Comment

Helloooooo, any shippers out there??

ONLY 23 DAYS TO GO UNTIL SHIPPER DAY!!!!!!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Did you hear that Carter? Hows about we join our shippers on July 28th??

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                  Helloooooo, any shippers out there??

ONLY 23 DAYS TO GO UNTIL SHIPPER DAY!!!!!!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Did you hear that Carter? Hows about we join our shippers on July 28th??
                  Yep.... and

- 9 until Florence's birthday... you can't forget, they are all linked
                  - 10 until SG-1 Premier
                  - 11 until Harry Potter

Lovely month

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                    Yep.... and

- 9 until Florence's birthday... you can't forget, they are all linked
                    - 10 until SG-1 Premier
                    - 11 until Harry Potter

Lovely month
                    Very lovely! I shall definitely be logging onto GW after the S9 premier to feast on any spoilers you guys post as it's a long time till Oct
                    Am dying to know how the new dynamics pan out.

Comment

Hi Shipper Family! I wanted to say Hi and possibly get into some discussions, but things are really quiet in here. Hope everyone in the US had a great 4th.
                      -girlgater

Comment

Congratulations! Welcome to Johnny Hope mum and baby are doing well

And since we're talking about babies I have an announcement to make ...... cough cough ......

On that most wonderful of shippy days (no, not July 28th - the other RL one ) Valentine's Day, hubby and I are expecting baby number 6! Here's hoping this one is actually on time

Congratulations, Oma-1, on the good news!

Gee.....number 6? Are any of them named Samantha or Jack? And if so, why not? Of course, I'm one to talk. I've never had any. Ah, well, my husband is childlike enough to keep me hopping!

And thank goodness the forums are back up!
                        Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 05 July 2005, 06:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                          IF...and I do stress if...and this is a big, ol' HONKIN' IF here...

If Pete was a necessary component in forcing the Sam/Jack story to a resolution...and by that I mean forcing Sam to realize that her feelings for Jack were genuine after all and forcing Jack to recognize how close he came to losing Sam...

...THEN, as shocking as it may seem, Pete was the biggest gift TPTB has ever given shippers to-date (that is until we get our this reality BHK). Without Pete, there would have been no house scene, no major watershed moment where Sam realizes she's about to make a huge mistake and why it would be a huge mistake (because she figures out that she loves Jack) and there would have been no back yard scene with her finally willing to take her chances, let the cards fall where they may and find out where Jack stands once and for all. We can thank Pete and his pushiness for her coming to some very important...and this time correct...conclusions about her feelings.

I personally am of the opinion that this was Pete's function...to be hated by shippers and to make Sam realize that she wanted Jack for REAL, for HONEST and for ALWAYS...and not for the bizarre, convoluted reasons she gave herself in Grace.

But I know I'm in the minority here and many think she could have come to that on her own...and I must respectfully disagree. She had YEARS to come to these conclusions on her own and she, well, didn't.

It was only after she gave herself permission to be happy, to acknowledge that she deserved to love and be loved in return and to try a relationship with someone other than Jack that she realized that she really loved and wanted him.

And THAT'S the kind of interference I can handle...because it could have gone the other way, my friends...but it didn't. She realized where her heart was because she tried something else, and it just didn't fit.

So...*gasp* DARE I SAY IT???? Thank you PETE!

you know, uber, i basically agree with you, but the wounds are still too fresh to really 'appreciate' it yet. i'll never *enjoy* pete's participation with this show. i'll never *enjoy* pete's scenes with sam. i'll never *enjoy* sam finding romance with another character. it all turned out good in the end, but i can only hope that someday i'll have romance scenes between sam and jack to take away the sam/pete scenes that have been emblazened into my brain.

sally, who's ovaries are trying to leave her body... through her nose

MIDAL, NOW!

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                            Congratulations, Oma! I hope you're doing well & the baby too....
                            Congratulations from me, too, Oma!!! Now you'll be tied with my eldest sister, who also has six (three boys, three girls). So I know that that just means there's more love to go around. {{{{{{{{{Oma}}}}}}}}}}

Oma Now:
                            Oma in February:
                            Last edited by Buc252; 05 July 2005, 06:51 PM.
                            - Mary
                            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              you know, uber, i basically agree with you, but the wounds are still too fresh to really 'appreciate' it yet. i'll never *enjoy* pete's participation with this show. i'll never *enjoy* pete's scenes with sam. i'll never *enjoy* sam finding romance with another character. it all turned out good in the end, but i can only hope that someday i'll have romance scenes between sam and jack to take away the sam/pete scenes that have been emblazened into my brain.

sally, who's ovaries are trying to leave her body... through her nose

MIDAL, NOW!

Ouch! Been there, done that.....had the Midol. You don't think talk of brought on your discomfort, do you, Sally? Hope you're feeling better!

Seriously, Uber is right, and I've realized that for awhile. But I, like you, will never enjoy the episodes (except Threads). We'll probably never know what TPTB really intended.....if they expected us to like or not. I think they expected it.....but you never know.....

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
                                Oh my gosh, pick ONE? That's soooo impossible. But after a good hard think,

"Guarding the Gate" by Rowan Darkstar: There's no resolution but this is so beautiful, it's highly worth the read. Beware, there's strong mention of (as you like to refer to him) ... don't let that put you off, though. http://www.sg1-heliopolis.com/archiv...ardingthe.html

This isn't exactly for shipper day but it's so beautiful and intense and needs waaay more reviews than it has, which is why I just have to post it here seeing as though we're recommending and swapping fanfiction... "Who They Are" by KissHerJack: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2168725/1/

Aaand another really sweet one that I've recently read: "The Dating Game" by Azilan: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2395151/1/

The popular "Small Favors" by Eve8: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2294057/1/

"Thyself Unknown" by MissAnnThorpic: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2211735/1/ and its sequel "Know Thyself: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2334123/1/

"Xanadu" (mature): http://www.dietcokechic.com/stargate/xanadu.html and "Seven Days": http://www.dietcokechic.com/stargate/sevendays.html by dietcokechic

And for folks new to the wonderful world of fanfiction, anything by Karibou: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/645548/, Sally Reeve (especially!): http://uk.geocities.com/mystories_uk/, and Suz: http://members.tripod.com/~SuzVoy/fanfic.html are amazing and breathtaking must-reads!

Okay, got a little carried away there... Enjoy anyway! Even though everyone's probably read most of them...
                                Thank you so much for the links. I have read some, but not all
                                In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                                so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                                Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                                Hic Comitas Regit
                                Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Working...
                                X