This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1
    MB I understand your pov completely, and being the angst fan I am, I even agree. It got us past the every-boyfriend-of-Sam's-dies-in-some-horrible-way-or-gets-left-on-a-hostile-alien-planet thing - definitely don't want that for Jack! And cleared up the Grace questioning of her feelings fiasco and brought Sam finally and irrevocably to Jack. Doesn't stop me from disliking intensely though
    All of the above. Me too!
    sigpic

Comment

Congratulations
      Oma-1!!
      sigpic

Comment

Congratulations! Welcome to Johnny Hope mum and baby are doing well

And since we're talking about babies I have an announcement to make ...... cough cough ......

On that most wonderful of shippy days (no, not July 28th - the other RL one ) Valentine's Day, hubby and I are expecting baby number 6! Here's hoping this one is actually on time
        Congratulations, Oma! I hope you're doing well & the baby too....
        -girlgater

Comment

Jack, do you think that tptb have noticed we've taken the puddle jumper to go join the shippers on shipper day?

TOGETHER FOREVER,
          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
            IF...and I do stress if...and this is a big, ol' HONKIN' IF here...

If Pete was a necessary component in forcing the Sam/Jack story to a resolution...and by that I mean forcing Sam to realize that her feelings for Jack were genuine after all and forcing Jack to recognize how close he came to losing Sam...

...THEN, as shocking as it may seem, Pete was the biggest gift TPTB has ever given shippers to-date (that is until we get our this reality BHK). Without Pete, there would have been no house scene, no major watershed moment where Sam realizes she's about to make a huge mistake and why it would be a huge mistake (because she figures out that she loves Jack) and there would have been no back yard scene with her finally willing to take her chances, let the cards fall where they may and find out where Jack stands once and for all. We can thank Pete and his pushiness for her coming to some very important...and this time correct...conclusions about her feelings.

I personally am of the opinion that this was Pete's function...to be hated by shippers and to make Sam realize that she wanted Jack for REAL, for HONEST and for ALWAYS...and not for the bizarre, convoluted reasons she gave herself in Grace.

But I know I'm in the minority here and many think she could have come to that on her own...and I must respectfully disagree. She had YEARS to come to these conclusions on her own and she, well, didn't.

It was only after she gave herself permission to be happy, to acknowledge that she deserved to love and be loved in return and to try a relationship with someone other than Jack that she realized that she really loved and wanted him.

And THAT'S the kind of interference I can handle...because it could have gone the other way, my friends...but it didn't. She realized where her heart was because she tried something else, and it just didn't fit.

So...*gasp* DARE I SAY IT???? Thank you PETE!

Well Said Uber SG1! As much as I dislike the stalker, making the choice to try something and find out you were wrong, that your previous feeling were all that mattered and having the strength to go back to them...well, I think you are right....Pete dispelled the curse and brought her firmly to where she needs to be.

S

Comment

Congrats Oma I am happy for you.
              Magna Defender

Comment

Originally posted by Magna Defender
                Hi all how are you?????? Hope you are fine. I am enjoying my vacation. Today we are organizing a big Stargate Day at our forum and well I don't want to beg but I am going to do it any way ! we still looking for more members and especially lot of shippers !! so please oma 1, billie, florence,uber sg.1, caty,divicon, majorsal,atteria,LOL4Jack,sg-1 fanintn....... other please join our forum I beg you thank you ! (((ship family)))
                Hello Magna Defender, where is your forum? will love to pop in...

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

**C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S** TO OMA!!!!!

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                  IF...and I do stress if...and this is a big, ol' HONKIN' IF here...

If Pete was a necessary component in forcing the Sam/Jack story to a resolution...and by that I mean forcing Sam to realize that her feelings for Jack were genuine after all and forcing Jack to recognize how close he came to losing Sam...

...THEN, as shocking as it may seem, Pete was the biggest gift TPTB has ever given shippers to-date (that is until we get our this reality BHK). Without Pete, there would have been no house scene, no major watershed moment where Sam realizes she's about to make a huge mistake and why it would be a huge mistake (because she figures out that she loves Jack) and there would have been no back yard scene with her finally willing to take her chances, let the cards fall where they may and find out where Jack stands once and for all. We can thank Pete and his pushiness for her coming to some very important...and this time correct...conclusions about her feelings.

I personally am of the opinion that this was Pete's function...to be hated by shippers and to make Sam realize that she wanted Jack for REAL, for HONEST and for ALWAYS...and not for the bizarre, convoluted reasons she gave herself in Grace.

But I know I'm in the minority here and many think she could have come to that on her own...and I must respectfully disagree. She had YEARS to come to these conclusions on her own and she, well, didn't.

It was only after she gave herself permission to be happy, to acknowledge that she deserved to love and be loved in return and to try a relationship with someone other than Jack that she realized that she really loved and wanted him.

And THAT'S the kind of interference I can handle...because it could have gone the other way, my friends...but it didn't. She realized where her heart was because she tried something else, and it just didn't fit.

So...*gasp* DARE I SAY IT???? Thank you PETE!

I seriously couldn't have said it better myself!
                  "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
                  and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

And since we're talking about babies I have an announcement to make ...... cough cough ......

On that most wonderful of shippy days (no, not July 28th - the other RL one ) Valentine's Day, hubby and I are expecting baby number 6! Here's hoping this one is actually on time

Hmmm, six? not bad....

Congratulations OMA... girl wanna a hug?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                    Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
                    Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Congratulations Oma!

Comment

Congratulations Oma!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          I hope everyone else had a great 4th too! We usually go downtown to the big fireworks display, but since we didn't take tomorrow off from work, we decided to stay home this year and not fight the crowds. Instead, we cooked out; then watched the big show on the local NBC affiliate. They make a three-hour broadcast out of the entertainment and fireworks. This year's entertainment was Diamond Rio, Jamie O'Neal, Charlie Daniels and, of course, the Nashville Symphony. It's set on the banks of the Cumberland River in downtown Nashville, just across from the coliseum where the Titans play. The fireworks are set off from the Titans' parking lot, and once again, it was spectacular! Nashville's show is now ranked as the 3rd best in the country, and there were tons of tourists from out-of-state here this year just to see it.

Back to the gate, yes, we got our
                          Spoiler:
                          Sam and Jack back. Did you notice that alternate time line Jack had darker hair? Go back and look. He did. And in the final scene before the fishing trip (in one of the labs at the SGC), Sam talks about how they would have gone on the mission in about two weeks, but didn't have to because the ZPM was found.
                          ***headache*** Yes, it does get confusing in time travel eps, so the best thing to do is to suspend disbelief and go where the script takes you. But if you'll go back and check
                          Spoiler:
                          Jack's hair,
                          you'll get further proof that everything was set right at the end......except that we still didn't get our
                          BIG HONKIN' KISS!!!!!
                          Yup! I had a great 4th! Lovely fireworks display and watching them with a good friend. That's the life!

Comment

CONGRATS!!!!!!

*goes to spin and huggle Oma till he remembers that she's pregnant and shouldn't be doin' that*

That's great! Ahh a new life! What could possibly be more beautiful? Maybe start training him in the ways of the shipper?

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                              Oh my..number 6!!! Congrats and respect to you Oma-1!! Do any of your kids names have a stargate link?? So many to chose from. As I have no plans for babies right now (even thou my jack clone inspires me to have a few!) I am toying with the idea of two hamsters instead. Names for them???? well there's no contest gonna have to be Jack and Sam even if they are both the same gender!!!
                              Six? That's all?!?!

I have a family friend that had 9 kids at last count...might even have a tenth by now. 5 of these kids are boys..some of these boys are in the college or military. When they had their first girl the joke was that when she started dating no boy had better try anything cuz she's got 5 older brothers and the father's no slouch either.

Comment

Hey all...have been doing a little pic searching and here's a few of the spoils for all to enjoy!

Gotta love the look on Jacks face when he sees Sam in the blue dress in emancipation, the man is positively drooling!! Down boy down!!

Magna defender - would love to pop by your forum, just give us a shout with the address

Comment

Working...
                                X