Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 4th July to all of our family members in the States!! Hope you have a great day!!

@->-4eva Sam and Jack!<3

^ My New Siggy!!! Made by SueKay! ^

Comment

In honor of U. S. Independence Day,
      I thought I'd post a photo of our favorite couple in their dress blues!

Aren't they lovely together?

Comment

Happy 4th of July!!!

Comment

Just heard that one of my best friends had her first baby this morning (have been squeeeeeeing ever since!! ) Anyhow the link here is that as she and I both love the good old USA and spent a very long and happy holiday in Florida (before she deserted me and went and got married!) I thought it very appropriate that little Johnny was born on Independance Day!! (also coz now all thoughts of popping out to the pub or the cinema on an independant whim are so over!!)

So in tribute to all you lovely American Shippers and to my new little 'nephew' Johnny.

HAPPY HAPPY 4TH JULY!!!!!!!!!!

Oooo just had a revelation....Isn't Jacks real name actually Jonathon??? Wow there's even a stargate connection!

Comment

Hey Billie, crongrats on the 'nephew'. Hope mum and bub are doing well.

*Jack, why are you ALWAYS falling asleep? Or do you want me to hop in there with you?*

P.S Billie thanks for the help.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
              I was reading a behind the scenes article earlier on RDA's website regarding season 7, and according to Robert Cooper, they were originally thinking of getting Ben Browder to play Pete. I was wondering what you all think of that - do you think people would have taken more kindly to the character had he been played by Ben Browder instead of David DeLuise?
              speaking just for me, yes and no. yes, because someone of that extreme handsomeness would be someone i could understand sam falling for (and maybe forgiving his spying ways too). and no, because he looks too similar to daniel jackson, so i wouldn't like the possible 'implications' of that. so i guess i'm glad he was played by ddl because the implications thing would have bothered me too much. (and it would only have added another layer of problems we don't need *like we don't have enough *)

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                I'd have disliked no matter who played him. However I would have been seriously gutted to dislike a BB character so much cos I like him.
                I have to agree, I don't think ANYONE could make the character of palitable to the viewers as an equal for Sam. She needs a strong,virile,handsome man in her life who can understand the pressure of her job. Can anyone say Jack.
                Originally posted by Oma-1
                MB - I can't see DDL as hero fighter pilot either I can see him as a Goose type character goofing around a lot. (lol showing my age! Top Gun must be nearly 20 years old now )
                I loved Top Gun and can remember it quite clearly so I'll proudly show my age right along with you. The volleyball scene is still my favourite. Maybe we should of have a volleyball scene with SG1 during there down time. Imagine Jack and Sam on the same side, all that bumping into each other and slapping each other on the butts. OH YEAH BABY!

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                  I have to agree, I don't think ANYONE could make the character of palitable to the viewers as an equal for Sam. She needs a strong,virile,handsome man in her life who can understand the pressure of her job. Can anyone say Jack.
                  Exactly! Let's face it---when your work is top secret and classified, only a very few people (and most likely co-workers) can understand what you face. And, they're the only ones with whom you can actually DISCUSS WORK PRESSURES! I don't believe for a minute that Hammond would have let Sam discuss their work with , or that he would have let into his mountain. And regardless of how good a police officer he was, he wasn't her equal in intelligence, skill or training. She's a very elite warrior, and she needs someone just as tough and as skilled as she is. To quote you, divcon, "Can anyone say Jack?"

I loved Top Gun and can remember it quite clearly so I'll proudly show my age right along with you. The volleyball scene is still my favourite. Maybe we should of have a volleyball scene with SG1 during there down time. Imagine Jack and Sam on the same side, all that bumping into each other and slapping each other on the butts. OH YEAH BABY!
                  You sure paint a nice picture!

Comment

Here's a moment that I have taken to my shippy heart. OK so I put a shippy spin on it but I'm sure you guys will forgive me or even applaud me.

Sam:- Sir your pulse rate is extremely high!
                    Jack:- That's because you're holding my arm Sam.
                    Sam:- Oh! Is that the real reason?
                    Jack:- Well you do look hot in that outfit. It fits you well. I could look all day.
                    Sam(grinning):- Oh you too Jack. You too!!

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Had a blast tonight!! Fireworks, that is! Grilled steaks!! Wine!! Beer!! Baked sweet potatoes and salad!! Now ready to open up some Ben and Jerry's!!

And back to The Thread!! Sweet!!

I was thinking today about Threads and Moebius 2 (yeah, between marinating the steaks and baking sweet potatoes)
                      Spoiler:
                      Remember when Sam and Jack were 'fishing' at the end of Threads? They looked comfortable. Just like we knew they were meant to be. Now why did they show that scene again in Moebius 2? And didn't they look cozier? In fact, on SciFi.com episode guide the summary described them as being cozy compared to the same scene in Threads. Was that because Alternate Time Sam and Jack were attracted to each other and making out that those feelings kind of moved forward through time after the ZPM was recovered,the uprising was successful and our Real Time Sam and Jack returned home to this time line? **headache** But are they really our Real Time Sam and Jack because they were killed during their failed attempt to return the ZPM the first time? **throbbing pain between eyes** OK, these time travel episodes can be very confusing! But, I was wondering??? If I missed a previous discussion I apologize for bringing it up again.

I hope the rest of my American Shippers enjoyed today's holiday. And thanks to all our Shippers from around the world for your wishes for us on our big holiday!!
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                        Just heard that one of my best friends had her first baby this morning (have been squeeeeeeing ever since!! ) Anyhow the link here is that as she and I both love the good old USA and spent a very long and happy holiday in Florida (before she deserted me and went and got married!) I thought it very appropriate that little Johnny was born on Independance Day!! (also coz now all thoughts of popping out to the pub or the cinema on an independant whim are so over!!)
                        Aww, that's so lovely! Jonathan, hehe. I bet he's really cute.

Hope those who celebrate it had a great 4th July!

Our taxi arrives in ten minutes to take us to the airport so we can go to Majorca (woohoo!), so bye bye, shipper family. It's been great posting here over the past few weeks, you all made me feel so welcome! Hope the American season 9 premiere's good with lots one hint indicating towards our favourite couple finally being together!

Have fun shipping and take care of Sam and Jack!

Comment

Here's a moment that I have taken to my shippy heart. OK so I put a shippy spin on it but I'm sure you guys will forgive me or even applaud me.

Jack:- Well you do look hot in that outfit. It fits you well. I could look all day.
                          Haha! Just to add that I love it.

Comment

divcon, They won't let me give you any green!!! So, I will give you a

BIG GREEN THANKS

for the terrific pics you keep posting!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                              If any of you guys know what you would like to ask Amanda if I get the chance let me know. I'm not certain of what I'm going to ask or how to phrase it so any suggestions are appreciated.
                              You should ask her what Sam's guilty pleasure is - besides Jack!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                                Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Had a blast tonight!! Fireworks, that is! Grilled steaks!! Wine!! Beer!! Baked sweet potatoes and salad!! Now ready to open up some Ben and Jerry's!!

And back to The Thread!! Sweet!!

I was thinking today about Threads and Moebius 2 (yeah, between marinating the steaks and baking sweet potatoes)
                                Spoiler:
                                Remember when Sam and Jack were 'fishing' at the end of Threads? They looked comfortable. Just like we knew they were meant to be. Now why did they show that scene again in Moebius 2? And didn't they look cozier? In fact, on SciFi.com episode guide the summary described them as being cozy compared to the same scene in Threads. Was that because Alternate Time Sam and Jack were attracted to each other and making out that those feelings kind of moved forward through time after the ZPM was recovered,the uprising was successful and our Real Time Sam and Jack returned home to this time line? **headache** But are they really our Real Time Sam and Jack because they were killed during their failed attempt to return the ZPM the first time? **throbbing pain between eyes** OK, these time travel episodes can be very confusing! But, I was wondering??? If I missed a previous discussion I apologize for bringing it up again.

I hope the rest of my American Shippers enjoyed today's holiday. And thanks to all our Shippers from around the world for your wishes for us on our big holiday!!
                                Hey nell, if I've learnt anything from these guys is that we can NEVER talk to much about Jack and Sam. If we talk about something that has already been talked about or post a pic that has alredy been posted WHO CARES! I agree with you that the timetravel eps can get confusing
                                Spoiler:
                                I thought that the Jack and Sam from Moebius 2 certainly looked more at ease, but are they the real Jack and Sam or are they a different timeline Jack and Sam. I'm so confused. When The eps screened on air earlier this year I must admit to not following which Jack was Jack and which Sam was Sam at first.

I can't wait for the Box Set to come out in August so I can watch them again.(we don't get repeats, hard enough getting them to air it the forst time in a normal sequence)

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Working...
                                X