This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
    Heliopolis hasn't had any new fics for over a month. Does anyone know why?
    *pounces and huggles GT and everyone in the thread*

I'm so happy to see you all again!!

And as for Helio I think there was some server restructuring or somethin' or moving stuff to a new server. Seems like technology these days you're always movin' files around more than anything!

And for you newbies I haven't meant yet, I pounce my ship family all the time. Me and my mental Tok'ra roomate (aka my Tok'ra symbiote), Kel'dor are very outgoing...which is unusual to find amongst Tok'ra. But If Kel'dor is gonna be an Earth based operative he needs native currency...that's why we've been working at a local dollar store.

And Kel'dor's already cottoned onto the fact that since everything is a dollar or less at the dollar store we work at...most things there are a better deal there than at any supermarket....so he spends most of our paycheck on candy...I think he's addicted to it...

And on that note....

WELCOME TO ANY NEWBIES I'VE MISSED DURING MY LONG ABSENCE!!!!

STEP RIGHT ON IN TO THE SHIPPERTOWN BAR AND GRILL!!!!

I work there as a part-time bar tender....VERY part time due to RL job and other RL events as you can plainly see...
    Last edited by mad_gater; 02 July 2005, 06:50 PM.

Comment

And please suspend disbelief! 'Tis I, MG/Kel'dor! Tok'ra shipper of legend returned....bad typing and all.....If any of you would be so kind as to catch me up on current ship family events I would be most grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
        Thanks, ShimmeringStar and everyone that is sharing ONE of their FAVORITE Sam and Jack Fanfiction stories/series!!! I'll make a list of your recommendations in time for Shipper Day on July 28. In order to give as many Shippers and other S&J fans a chance to contribute, I'll keep this activity open for several days. Please share with our Jack/RDA Thread and our Sam is our Favorite Character Thread so they may join in!! Thanks a bunch!!
        ((((((nell))))))) Love your sig!!

Comment

Originally posted by sclairef99
          Now if you are looking for some awesome shippy vids....Caty is the master in my opinion (you may have to pm her to get some of the vids) but Marimba does some awesome stuff too.
          http://www.angelfire.com/space2/sci-fi/StargateSG1.html

http://www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlways

Have Fun....

S
          Marimba also has some GREAT, FANTASTIC snarky vids!!

http://www.marimba26.com/JackandSamAlwaysteam.html

"Master of the House" is an award winner in my book!! "I Will Survive" speaks for all Shippers.

She also hosts other Shippers Mel, Christy, and Tame's vids as well.

Token ~

Comment

I apologize if I offended anyone by posting about my getting a new job. It was my understanding that we were not only shippers but a community as well, like family. And I thought that as "family" you'd all like to be informed of my good news. I didn;t know if there was a way to PM every member of this thread about it...so I posted instead. But my understanding was apparently incorrect. Again I apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by Token

"Master of the House" is an award winner in my book!! "I Will Survive" speaks for all Shippers.

(((((((token)))))))

I'M BA-ACK!!!!

*cue creepy music*

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater
                HIYA EVERYONE!!!!

*comes in with long beard*

see what happens when you've been away awhile? LOL!

Sorry about that! Work keeps me busy. That and the fact that I'm reluctant to use GW from my home dial-up cuz whenever dial-up kicks me off which happens frequently, I have to re-login to GW cuz that's the way GW's set up.
                ((((((((((((((((((((((MG))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

What's up with the beard??? It's about darn time you showed up! My glass was getting empty! OK, glasses!

Here's what you can do with your computer.... Of course, it won't fix your problem, but you'll feel better!

Token ~

Comment

I LOVE Caty's and Marima's shippy vids!!!! Esp. the snarky ones!!!! Newbies you can check out the Caty and Marimba video store in shippertown!!

Comment

((((((nell))))))) Love your sig!!

Hi mad_gater!

Nice to meet you and thanks! Like I've told my Shipper friends, I'm computer-graphics challenged so I rely on expressing myself creatively with words!! I try, anyway! Well, I'm relatively new to The Thread but I've been having a blast discussing the prospects for our Sam and Jack in Season 9. We have a variety of opinions and feelings about what to expect. It's a terrific place to express myself because everyone is welcoming and supportive of differences. It's interesting and fun here! But, I bet you knew that already and that's why you're back?!
                    sigpic

Comment

What's up with the beard??? It's about darn time you showed up! My glass was getting empty! OK, glasses!

Here's what you can do with your computer.... Of course, it won't fix your problem, but you'll feel better!
                      Not to mention that if I did that with my computer I wouldn't be able to visit my shipper family at all unless I go to a library....which I might do from now on for time with my shipper family cuz the libraries have broadband...which you apparently need for GW.....GW seems to run kinda slow on dial-up.

Comment

*loads token up on rum 'n' cokes*

and just in case I'm not able to go online on Monday...

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!!

Bet Sam and Jack'll be too busy creating their own "fireworks" to pay any heed to the lavish shippertown display...

Comment

Hi mad_gater!

Nice to meet you and thanks! Like I've told my Shipper friends, I'm computer-graphics challenged so I rely on expressing myself creatively with words!! I try, anyway! Well, I'm relatively new to The Thread but I've been having a blast discussing the prospects for our Sam and Jack in Season 9. We have a variety of opinions and feelings about what to expect. It's a terrific place to express myself because everyone is welcoming and supportive of differences. It's interesting and fun here! But, I bet you knew that already and that's why you're back?!
                          Was only away for awhile cuz my new job keeps me busy....the hassle of retail...but a dollar store...which amounts to nothing more than a large convenience store dealing in only non-perishables...it's not as bad as a supermarket.

And my co-workers are cool, which is nice. My mgr. and ass't mgr. are pretty approachable and I joke with them a lot. In a supermarket I couldn't really have that kind of relationship with my bosses.

Comment

*loads token up on rum 'n' cokes*

and just in case I'm not able to go online on Monday...

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY EVERYONE!!!!

Bet Sam and Jack'll be too busy creating their own "fireworks" to pay any heed to the lavish shippertown display...
                            Let the sparks fly MG
                            Spoilers-
                            http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ate1/Kiss2.jpg
                            http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...ate1/Kiss3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Gatetrixer
                              Oh, yes, the fan art! I still have a few zines that I didn't re-sell to other fans, 'cause I liked the zines and stories in them so much. Oh, remember the filks and the poetry?
                              Yup! I just went to a small local con where we were up all night filking. I hadn't done that in a longggg time. (filked or gone to a con)
                              sig by PM

Comment

I like to think of it as having a collection. You know, like a hobby. Yeah, my hobby is to collect great fanfiction. And coming to The Thread is a great way for me to share my hobby interests with other, ahem, hobbyists!!
                                Yes, “hobbyists.” That’s a lot more flattering than “fanfic fanatic.” And I love your idea of sharing fave fanfic titles, Nell! Several of my favorite fics have already been submitted. So, I’ll submit one that is in GW’s collection. It’s called Exile, and it’s at: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/archive/21/exile.html

Sam and Jack get stranded on a planet for several months after a mission goes bad, and..…well, you should be over 18 to read it.

I have to also mention this very subtle ship S/J fic. It’s called Question of Suitability, by MissAnnThropic. I don’t read her stuff too often, cause sometimes major characters die in her stories (I don't need that!), but not in this one! It’s basically a conversation between Jacob and Daniel about Sam and Jack. I really liked the way it showed proof of J & S’s feelings for each other. It’s at: http://www.gateworld.net/fanfic/arch...uestionof.html

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                                Feel free to read mine as well...I've written the first drafts of The Darker Side of Night and Eclipse...posted here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~ubersg1fan
                                And trying to work on the finale: The Emergence of Dawn...but have been held up by a major Amanda Tapping project, a major Sam/Jack shippy project and real life....
                                .....and making great photo manips for us to enjoy here and on the SAGC thread! Yes (taps foot), we’ve been waiting on part 3 for some time now (furrows brow). But we understand. And the bonus is: when part 3 is published, we may feel compelled to read parts 1 & 2 again!!!!!

Congratulations, Florence, on 700 posts!

Congratulations, Oma-1, on 900 posts!

Welcome, majorAl!

Welcome back, mad_gater!

Comment

Working...
                                X