X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell
    girlgater,

My apologies. I didn't express myself well. I mean to share spoilers with Oma-1 and all the other Shippers that wish to have them because I don't think it's fair that they have to wait till October.

But, just so there are no further misunderstandings, I go on record for wanting to share Season 9 spoilers with all my Shipper Friends!!!
    No need to apologize. I didn't take it that way at all. I was just saying that I would be glad to share spoilers. It was so funny back when Threads was coming out. I would sneak at work and F5 myself to death waiting on updates.
    -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
      OT, but what's wrong with your Disk 3? I had trouble with Disk 5 from S7--the best, of course--Heroes Pt 2 and The Lost City. Heroes Pt2 would play half-way through and then freeze. Lost City wouldn't play at all. I emailed MGM and they had me ship it in and replaced it--free. Have you tried contacting them?
      Girlgater, I ordered S4, disk 3 would not load, I tried in 3 different DVDs, returned it and got another one, disk 3 would not load again!!!!!!!!!!! so I'm giving it a break for a while, they gave me a coupon for a free set and I get to keep the set that I have, so I can order it later.

But I can't believe I haven't see Beneath the Surface and everytime it has aired in the US, I've missed it, Tivo broke, VCR did not work....

I'll check with MGM though, many thanks (((((Girlgater))))))

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
      Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

I was disappointed. I was late coming in from outside and didn't get in until 8:15 or so...I couldn't figure out why it wasn't on. I guess it will be on next Friday.
        There's a marathon on thursday that starts at 9am on SCIFI, I think they are showing all S8 and M1 and M2 will be on later on the day.

Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
          Girlgater, I ordered S4, disk 3 would not load, I tried in 3 different DVDs, returned it and got another one, disk 3 would not load again!!!!!!!!!!! so I'm giving it a break for a while, they gave me a coupon for a free set and I get to keep the set that I have, so I can order it later.

But I can't believe I haven't see Beneath the Surface and everytime it has aired in the US, I've missed it, Tivo broke, VCR did not work....

I'll check with MGM though, many thanks (((((Girlgater))))))
          Oh, I feel your pain; BtS is one of the shippiest episodes ever. Hope you get a good disk.
          -girlgater

Comment

I was disappointed. I was late coming in from outside and didn't get in until 8:15 or so...I couldn't figure out why it wasn't on. I guess it will be on next Friday.
            Next Thurs. SG-1 S8 all day, Fri will be Atlantis S1 all day. So you will still get to see it just tune in a day earlier.
            sig by PM

Comment

Great quote Mary.I loved SG-1 for the relationship between Jack Sam Daniel and Teal'c and the Sam and Jack Ship.I get hooked on the Frienships and Romantic relationships on TV Shows.I can live without great Special affects and non stop action.I loved the original Star Trek and the Friendship between Kirk Spock and Mccoy.I loved Cheers because the Sam and Diane relationship.IMO it's the Human relationships that make a Show last.

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                There's a marathon on thursday that starts at 9am on SCIFI, I think they are showing all S8 and M1 and M2 will be on later on the day.
                I've got to get organized for that marathon. I've got M1 and M2 on two separate tapes and would like to have them back-to-back. I also popped on scifi's site to check on BtS for you. It's not scheduled, apparently. All I can see is previous air dates. It did air last July, so hopefully it will show again (going on the theory that they cycle through consistently).
                -girlgater

Comment

I've got to get organized for that marathon. I've got M1 and M2 on two separate tapes and would like to have them back-to-back. I also popped on scifi's site to check on BtS for you. It's not scheduled, apparently. All I can see is previous air dates. It did air last July, so hopefully it will show again (going on the theory that they cycle through consistently).
                  (((((Girlgater))))))) Thanks again....

I will definitely go to another store... I'll have it for a memorable ocasion.... Shippers day!

In the meantime I just ordered S1, S2 and S3 , see how the ship was built

(((((Caty))))) Thanks for the advice
                  Last edited by LOL4JACK; 01 July 2005, 06:08 PM.

Comment

Ok.....it's a little OT, but I think you'll understand.

While I was out at dinner, Darren posted the first S9 team photos. There's two of BB, one great one of AT, one of CJ, two of the team.....and none of MS!

It just doesn't look right without Jack, I have to say, but I'm still maintaining an optimistic outlook.

See the pictures at:

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                      Ok.....it's a little OT, but I think you'll understand.

While I was out at dinner, Darren posted the first S9 team photos. There's two of BB, one great one of AT, one of CJ, two of the team.....and none of MS!

It just doesn't look right without Jack, I have to say, but I'm still maintaining an optimistic outlook.

See the pictures at:
                      I saw the pictures earlier. It's depressing that RDA isn't there; but I'm glad to see AT back. I think she looks really good.

Here's hoping that we'll get something! - anything! to confirm the ship that we all know exists in our hearts.
                      -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                        Ship Day is on 28th July because that's when Divide and Conquer first aired in US.

If you want to know what happens on Ship Day, have a look here
                        So why is the episode that started it all (ship day) not included in the poll?
                        sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                          One big question I have about our couple is does Daniel actually know??? I can't see Teal'c or Janet telling Daniel about the "I care about her a lot more than I'm supposed to" out of respect for the "leave it in the room" comment, but equally, Daniel can't have missed all the looks and touches over the years. Jack's his best friend and you know what Daniel's like for making Jack talk about things. I think if Daniel had been around for Threads he would have something to Jack about opening up and not letting Sam go.

I just find it strange that Hammond, Teal'c and Janet know, but tptb have given us no indication either way of whether Daniel knows - never mind his opinion on the matter.
                          *frustrated grrrrrrrrrr*

*gets of soap box and goes looking for the strepsils*

Oma-1, what are "strepsils"? As for Daniel, see below.....
                          Originally posted by Silver
                          I think he must know to some degree, because there's no way he could witness Sam's anxiety in "Lost City" and not get an idea of how deeply she cares for him. *sighs at Sam touching the glass/ice* There's also the part when Sam and Jack are sat together on the sofa and he very nonchalantly says "Oh, I'm sorry, are we interrupting anything?". If he thought their feelings towards each other were entirely platonic, or it had been Sam and Teal'c sat together, I doubt they would have been his choice of words.

And there's also "Grace" in which Jack and Daniel are in the elevator. You can see that Daniel's approaches the subject of Sam missing in a very tentative manner, and when Jack becomes irritable he frowns at his "lack of hope" as it were.
                          I think Daniel has known for a long, long time. The scenes above, especially the elevator scene in Grace, are proof enough for me. I feel he has been a lot like Teal'c.....observing from the sidelines, but not saying anything, because there's no point in drawing his friends out over something that they can't pursue because of honor. I can only remember once when Teal'c said something to Jack.....when Sam was missing, but I can't remember the ep. I can never relate the titles to what I remember! But you know the one I mean.....it's a locker room scene.....and Jack is very uncomfortable.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                            [/B]
                            Oma-1, what are "strepsils"? As for Daniel, see below.....

I think Daniel has known for a long, long time. The scenes above, especially the elevator scene in Grace, are proof enough for me. I feel he has been a lot like Teal'c.....observing from the sidelines, but not saying anything, because there's no point in drawing his friends out over something that they can't pursue because of honor. I can only remember once when Teal'c said something to Jack.....when Sam was missing, but I can't remember the ep. I can never relate the titles to what I remember! But you know the one I mean.....it's a locker room scene.....and Jack is very uncomfortable.
                            I think it's Grace that you're referring to. Isn't it interesting that Jack has his moment in the locker room with Teal'c and so does Sam while Jack is missing (stuck on that moon with Maybourne).
                            -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
                              So why is the episode that started it all (ship day) not included in the poll?
                              Hello Ramona, D&C, BTS and WOO where taken out of the poll because they are in the Hall of Fame of the shippiest eps ever

Comment

That's a fantastic quote Mary and, personally, I couldn't agree more. I think the relationships between all the cast and characters add depth to what would be a sterile sci-fi world otherwise. To keep watching a show for 8+ years to have to feel for the characters and their relationships or what's the point?]
                                Exactly! Who would care?

The Sam & Jack relationship is such a big part of the storyline - every bit as much as the Jack / Daniel friendship and Jack / Teal'c friendship. I understand people wanting to ignore it out of personal preference, but I really don't understand people insisting it isn't there. How can you miss it!~%?#$?!]
                                I guess I've always looked at it as the ultimate denial - not wanting to see what's right in front of your eyes.

I do think that our politeness hasn't had a detrimental effect though. Despite all the noise from other factions of fandom and ambivalent ptb (except the lovely JM ), the ship still sails. I think that's a testament to how important tptb see the S&J storyline.]
                                The ship sails? I tend to see it as having sunk. Or, at least, it's in treacherous waters and lost at sea. (Those waters include AU and Alt-timelines and unspecific scripts.) Going into S9, where there'll truly be *no* ship (by ship, I mean personal interaction) the ship has been lost with no hope for rescue. Maybe I'm taking this all too personally, but I think TPTB's only interest in the ship is how they can torture the fans with it. And while JM doesn't torture us as much as the others, he sure doesn't take steps to stop it. <climbs from her soap box>

It's hard to find any sort of genre series or movie whether they be sci-fi, horror, thriller, action/adventure without some form of ship.

So in the end, I don't worry about the naysayers - the show speaks for itself.

*gets of soap box and goes looking for the strepsils*
                                I absolutely agree. Which is why I don't understand how some fans of the show are sooooo determined that it can't be there.
                                - Mary
                                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Working...
                                X