This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oma-1
    Ack! *raises hand Jack style* Will you guys stop depressing me!

*grumbles about the unfairness of having to wait till OCTOBER to watch S9*

Seriously though, I love the countdown Nell, keep it up! It reminds me how fast time flies in shippy fandom. I'll be glued to the thread relying on my lovely family to feed my withdrawal until I get to see it too.

((((((((((Shipper family)))))))))))
    That is wrong on sooo many levels. The waiting, that is. But, TPTB made it that way and we Shippers will feed you spoilers,Oma-1, if you want them!! And, that goes for all the other Shippers, too!!
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      What are you sooo depressed about? We may get to start sooner, but Sam is going to be gone for the first five episodes, AND the first five episode will be Daniel centered, AND the last half of the season is usually the best, AND you guys don't have a THREE MONTH break. ACK!! I'm having nightmares! Now I'm depressed!
      DEEP CALMING BREATHS, TOKEN!!! Let's reframe this. We start the Ship Watch on July 15. We tape the shows, process, review, analyze, chat. One more time, process, review, analyze, chat. The three month break gives us time to post screen caps. We can moan, groan, squee with glee and all other forms of emotions until the second half resumes. Then, we'll start all over again!

I actually liked the break. By coming to The Thread I could share my perceptions and clarify and confirm what I saw. So, when the second half started I was receptive to more Ship Watch!
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
        The quote was mine, and what I specifically said was, "Space is not the final frontier; the final frontier is in human relationships." And I firmly believe that. How can you possibly make any show that lasts any significant amount of time without showing how people relate to each other? A movie, okay - that's two hours in our lives and maybe a few days in the characters'. But SG1 has spanned eight years. Who in eight years wouldn't want *some* romance in their life with the man or woman they loved?
        Oh, Mary, I'm sorry! Of course, my addled brain couldn't remember it correctly! Dump me in a big vat of blue Jello as punishment! It's a fine quote, and you deserve credit for it.

Originally posted by buc52
        I do think, though, that a big chunk of the anti-shippers aren't the male 18-36 demographic, as mentioned previously. Personally, I think it's just a small portion, which also includes the Danielites (who don't want to see time dedicated to anything non-Daniel), and the slashers (who think that it's horrible to show Jack with anybody but Daniel.) Between the three groups, I guess they *could* have a considerable contingent, but i don't know if anybody's ever done a survey. All I do know is that they definitely scream the loudest.
        I always forget about the Danielites.....although I had considered the J/D slashers. I think you're probably right.

Oh, heck! I just logged in a few minutes ago, after a VERY busy RL day at work.....and now, the family wants to go to dinner! Don't they realize shipping is important? Sigh.....just kidding. I'll be back later!

Comment

What a lovely thread, Im a HUGE Sam/Jack shipper So its great to know theres more of you out there. Cant wait to see what S9 has in store for us. Suppose Ill have to make do with some fic in the mean time

Comment

Originally posted by Somnium
            What a lovely thread, Im a HUGE Sam/Jack shipper So its great to know theres more of you out there. Cant wait to see what S9 has in store for us. Suppose Ill have to make do with some fic in the mean time
            Welcome Somnium ! (and other newbies I could have missed )
            Hope you'll have fun in here !

As for S9, well, I don't expect much ship in it. But I would love to be wrong though
            But, you're right, there are fics If we don't get what we want on screen, I'm sure we'll find it in fics
            Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence

As for S9, well, I don't expect much ship in it. But I would love to be wrong though
              But, you're right, there are fics If we don't get what we want on screen, I'm sure we'll find it in fics
              IDEM...

Shippers I need help, I have S4 and S7 in DVD... (but disk 3 where BTS is does not work!, but well that's not the point

I'm about to buy 2 more seasons, which one do you recomend?

Proud Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
              Interviews with The O'Neills: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4, Part 5, Part 6, Part 7, Part 8, Part 9, Part 10
              Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                IDEM...

Shippers I need help, I have S4 and S7 in DVD... (but disk 3 where BTS is does not work!, but well that's not the point

Season 2 and 3
                or season 1 and 3

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by florence

Well, there is a little something in the previews that give hope. I had to slow down the commercial and go frame by frame just to be sure of what I was seeing, but there it was!!!

I don't want to say too much because I don't know how to do that highlighting thing.
                  sig by PM

Comment

Any one else in the U.S. who was expecting to see Moebius Part 1 today and is totally miffed that the schedule listings said it would be on but it isn't?????
                    sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Buc 52

I agree 100 % about your post on human relationships and long term sci fi shows

Even if it was a mini series you probably would not need any romance in it at all ..and I'm alright not to see it in a film ..but a series which goes on and on and on ...got to be some ship to be real or at least look real ... even if those people in the show are not supposed to live a normal life , you just can't live your life without affection and a cuddle from time to time

Caty

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
                        Any one else in the U.S. who was expecting to see Moebius Part 1 today and is totally miffed that the schedule listings said it would be on but it isn't?????
                        v

I am MAJOR MIFFED!!! Sure I taped it but I wanted to watch it on TV!! **POUT**WHINE**STOMP**GLARE**
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                          That is wrong on sooo many levels. The waiting, that is. But, TPTB made it that way and we Shippers will feed you spoilers,Oma-1, if you want them!! And, that goes for all the other Shippers, too!!

I can't speak for you, Nell, but this gal from VA willo be glad to post all the spoilers I can when S9 premiers. The wonderful shipper family from the UK was nice enough to spoil me rotten with Threads & Moebius spoilers in S8.

I'd consider it an honor to do the same in return.
                          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
                            IDEM...

OT, but what's wrong with your Disk 3? I had trouble with Disk 5 from S7--the best, of course--Heroes Pt 2 and The Lost City. Heroes Pt2 would play half-way through and then freeze. Lost City wouldn't play at all. I emailed MGM and they had me ship it in and replaced it--free. Have you tried contacting them?
                            -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                              I can't speak for you, Nell, but this gal from VA willo be glad to post all the spoilers I can when S9 premiers. The wonderful shipper family from the UK was nice enough to spoil me rotten with Threads & Moebius spoilers in S8.

I'd consider it an honor to do the same in return.
                              girlgater,

My apologies. I didn't express myself well. I mean to share spoilers with Oma-1 and all the other Shippers that wish to have them because I don't think it's fair that they have to wait till October.

But, just so there are no further misunderstandings, I go on record for wanting to share Season 9 spoilers with all my Shipper Friends!!!
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
                                I was disappointed. I was late coming in from outside and didn't get in until 8:15 or so...I couldn't figure out why it wasn't on. I guess it will be on next Friday.
                                -girlgater

Comment

Working...
                                X