>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Last edited by Oma-1; 30 June 2005, 10:55 PM.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      ooohhhh yaaa... our wonderful pair "always"

Comment

One big question I have about our couple is does Daniel actually know??? I can't see Teal'c or Janet telling Daniel about the "I care about her a lot more than I'm supposed to" out of respect for the "leave it in the room" comment, but equally, Daniel can't have missed all the looks and touches over the years. He's not like Rothman who doesn't do people but could tell you what a million year old goa'uld had for breakfast fcol! Jack's his best friend and you know what Daniel's like for making Jack talk about things. I think if Daniel had been around for Threads he would have something to Jack about opening up and not letting Sam go.

I just find it strange that Hammond, Teal'c and Janet know, but tptb have given us no indication either way of whether Daniel knows - never mind his opinion on the matter.

*frustrated grrrrrrrrrr*
        sigpic

Comment

I do think that our politeness hasn't had a detrimental effect though. Despite all the noise from other factions of fandom and ambivalent ptb (except the lovely JM ), the ship still sails. I think that's a testament to how important tptb see the S&J storyline.

It's hard to find any sort of genre series or movie whether they be sci-fi, horror, thriller, action/adventure without some form of ship.

So in the end, I don't worry about the naysayers - the show speaks for itself.

*gets of soap box and goes looking for the strepsils*
          Thats because those who speak the loudest have the least to say, and the quiet ones are the dangerous ones.

TPTB know this, and we know this. Besides, who would the TPTB rather have on their side? Us, who support them and only ask for a little bit extra, while aprreciating the whole show and the characters, or the noisy people who scream and rant and want massive unworkable changes?
          -I was, am, and will be, Aeon9570 (if I ever remember the password)-
          -You want to mess with the Ancients? Please update your will...-
          -S/J, you cannot stop it, it is not 'possible', it just is.-

Comment

Originally posted by LOL4JACK
            I'm trying to catch up and I don't know if you have commented about this, but my comment is...

What!!!!!!!! is this true!!!!!!!!, please, please......

Has anybody asked Joe.. he must be keeping it a secret
            It would be lovely if it was true ((((LOL4JACK)))..... but after the teasing in season 8 and the fact they kept Sam and Jack apart for the sake of it avoiding the ship as much as possible ...then I doubt that
            Spoiler:
            phone call will be Sam and Jack talking to each other ....I bet the phone call will just be Jack with another work collegue but not Sam ..and probably a man .
            This is how Stargate TPTB works nowadays and I got used to it ..I hate it because I am now a not so much fan of the show but it is only TPTB's fault and I'm sure that I'm not the only one on the whole planet who thinks that way.

Sam and Jack will be forever together ...we just
            Spoiler:
            won't see it on screen
            I'm prepared for that ..and I'm telling TPTB that I stopped my DVD collection at season 6 ..no more for me ..... too much teasing and tangling the carrot after that for my enjoyment .

Caty
            Last edited by Catysg1; 01 July 2005, 05:36 AM.

Comment

One big question I have about our couple is does Daniel actually know???

I just find it strange that Hammond, Teal'c and Janet know, but tptb have given us no indication either way of whether Daniel knows - never mind his opinion on the matter.
              Yeah, it would be great to hear Daniel's opinion on Sam and Jack -- it would be even better to hear him encouraging Jack to do something about it. But I think he must know to some degree, because there's no way he could witness Sam's anxiety in "Lost City" and not get an idea of how deeply she cares for him. *sighs at Sam touching the glass/ice* There's also the part when Sam and Jack are sat together on the sofa and he very nonchalantly says "Oh, I'm sorry, are we interrupting anything?". If he thought their feelings towards each other were entirely platonic, or it had been Sam and Teal'c sat together, I doubt they would have been his choice of words.

And there's also "Grace" in which Jack and Daniel are in the elevator. You can see that Daniel's approaches the subject of Sam missing in a very tentative manner, and when Jack becomes irritable he frowns at his "lack of hope" as it were. There are probably other moments which I can't quite pinpoint; but Daniel also witnessed an engaged Sam and Jack in another reality. If he saw them happily together there, he must believe it more than possible in our reality.

And who knows, maybe someone told him after D&C? Because he must have been pretty curious as to why his two best friends were claimed to be Zatarcs and then suddenly they were normal again. But TPTB didn't show us the clear up, so maybe, maybe not...

And season 6 -- one of the best, in my opinion! Love it!

Comment

Originally posted by Silver
                Yeah, it would be great to hear Daniel's opinion on Sam and Jack -- it would be even better to hear him encouraging Jack to do something about it.

And season 6 -- one of the best, in my opinion! Love it!
                Silver, Really good points! Yes, Daniel has some level of awareness! Can't chat now I'm rushing out for work.

P.S. All shippers have a good day, afternoon, or evening wherever you are!!
                Hee, hee!!
                sigpic

Comment

Hey hey shippers!

How are we all???

Here's how I cope with all these various rumours etc...

ignore them until they're confirmed or dismissed!

Anywho...with regards to the antis vs shippers debate...

sci fi is not about big space ships and blowing up stuff (though that may be fun )...

...It's about studying ourselves, through watching how people react, change and adapt. And one of the most intriguing facets of sci fi is watching the changes in how characters interact with one another. That's why ship is such a draw. It's also reassuring, telling us that no matter what, love will survive.
                  sigpic
                  Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

True Suekay Even sci-fi shows are all about human relationship ...and obviously they explore it through a good sci fi mythology and I like that ..Shame it had to go down that route with SG1 ..Will we ever see Sam and Jack
                    Spoiler:
                    close physically to each other and real this time on screen ??!!!!!because what we saw in Threads was a start of something but it would be nice to see them giving each other a proper cuddle even in front of the others ..it does not matter as long as we See Sam holding Jack or vice versa ...

....this is what I expect from any good sci fi show with a great ship ...example JAG did it , X-files too ..so I hope SG1 will do the same but without RDA it's not possible so we'll see ....

.....I hope that TPTB don't want to be different from the other shows because at the end of the day if they wanted that , they should have stopped the S/J ship at the end of season 6 but they went back to it in season 7 , 8 specially after Threads which told us that Jack was considering becoming civilian with his "Always" to be with Sam .

It would be a really big let down if we don't see the end of Sam and Jack on screen ...and a ride into the sunset to make a family just because they love each other , they deserve a break , some happiness and a bit of a life before they carry on that big adventure for a second big movie without Vala and Cameron in sight

Spoiler:
                    The fishing scene in Threads was lacking closeness to be the proper ending to the Sam and Jack ship ..this is not good enough to finish their ship on screen ..they have to be a litle bit closer than that ..I'm not even asking for a kiss but something a la JAG would be fab

Caty
                    Last edited by Catysg1; 01 July 2005, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I whole heartedly agree...I did enjoy threads...but
                      Spoiler:
                      that scene was just lacking something

I enjoyed Moebius for the fluff value!

Heads up

Stargate Intel Forums have a new address and layout!

http://stargateintel.bravehost.com/forum.html
                      check it out!
                      sigpic
                      Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Originally posted by Catysg1
                        True Suekay Even sci-fi shows are all about human relationship ...and obviously they explore it through a good sci fi mythology and I like that ..Shame it had to go down that route with SG1 ..Will we ever see Sam and Jack
                        Spoiler:
                        close physically to each other and real this time on screen ??!!!!!because what we saw in Threads was a start of something but it would be nice to see them giving each other a proper cuddle even in front of the others ..it does not matter as long as we See Sam holding Jack or vice versa ...

....this is what I expect from any good sci fi show with a great ship ...example JAG did it , X-files too ..so I hope SG1 will do the same but without RDA it's not possible so we'll see ....

.....I hope that TPTB don't want to be different from the other shows because at the end of the day if they wanted that , they should have stopped the S/J ship at the end of season 6 but they went back to it in season 7 , 8 specially after Threads which told us that Jack was considering becoming civilian with his "Always" to be with Sam .

It would be a really big let down if we don't see the end of Sam and Jack on screen ...and a ride into the sunset to make a family just because they love each other , they deserve a break , some happiness and a bit of a life before they carry on that big adventure for a second big movie without Vala and Cameron in sight

Spoiler:
                        The fishing scene in Threads was lacking closeness to be the proper ending to the Sam and Jack ship ..this is not good enough to finish their ship on screen ..they have to be a litle bit closer than that ..I'm not even asking for a kiss but something a la JAG would be fab

Caty
                        Agreed, Caty.

I like to see sci-fi as the backdrop to a story. The very basic story should be able to stand on its on. The Star Wars story is basically a war/romance story told in the future (or past, or just plain different time). Ship adds a human emotion which makes sci-fi more plausable, IMO. As far as I'm concerned, any Sam/Jack ship that was in SG-1 up until season 7, was never intrusive and always an element of the story being told. Just as Daniel's and Sam's (excluding Jack here), and Teal'c's ships were. And they all had ships. Because one ship involved 2 members of the team together and it has been the one constant ship, it deserves the respect of being happily resolved to the fans who have waited (somewhat) patiently for it for 8 years.

And with that, I'm off to prepare for a long holiday weekend. For those of you celebrating, have a terrific holiday. For the rest of you, have a terrific weekend.
                        sigpic
                        ~ ~ ~mala\suekay sig ~ ~ ~ *Thanks to Mala50 for any caps I post & for her "crankies"*

Comment

Ack! *raises hand Jack style* Will you guys stop depressing me!

*grumbles about the unfairness of having to wait till OCTOBER to watch S9*

Seriously though, I love the countdown Nell, keep it up! It reminds me how fast time flies in shippy fandom. I'll be glued to the thread relying on my lovely family to feed my withdrawal until I get to see it too.

((((((((((Shipper family)))))))))))
                          What are you sooo depressed about? We may get to start sooner, but Sam is going to be gone for the first five episodes, AND the first five episode will be Daniel centered, AND the last half of the season is usually the best, AND you guys don't have a THREE MONTH break. ACK!! I'm having nightmares! Now I'm depressed!

Token ~

Comment

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO ALL SHIPPER

pic fr myrth

to all those who do not celebrate the 4th ... have a SHIPPY weekend

Comment

One big question I have about our couple is does Daniel actually know??? I can't see Teal'c or Janet telling Daniel about the "I care about her a lot more than I'm supposed to" out of respect for the "leave it in the room" comment, but equally, Daniel can't have missed all the looks and touches over the years. He's not like Rothman who doesn't do people but could tell you what a million year old goa'uld had for breakfast fcol! Jack's his best friend and you know what Daniel's like for making Jack talk about things. I think if Daniel had been around for Threads he would have something to Jack about opening up and not letting Sam go.

*frustrated grrrrrrrrrr*
                              I wondered about that too. It always seems to be Teal'c who's there when the Sam & Jack ship is alluded to (D &C, Paradise Lost, Grace), but I can't imagine Daniel not knowing something's there. I don't think he could have missed the chemistry.
                              always and forever
                              My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
                              My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
                                I wondered about that too. It always seems to be Teal'c who's there when the Sam & Jack ship is alluded to (D &C, Paradise Lost, Grace), but I can't imagine Daniel not knowing something's there. I don't think he could have missed the chemistry.
                                i somehow doubt that Daniel is "dense"-his character is supposed to be the one that is sensitive to the needs and desires of other cultures-so it wouldn't make any sense for Daniel to not "know"
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X