This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Atteria
    Thanks again Kat, that's twice today. First that great Sam wallpaper, now this. As always, it's great.

As for Shades of Grey....have to agree. It may not have been written to be shippy, but it most definitely was. Sam was devastated by Jack's sudden out of character behavior, and I think it was almost a way for Jack to let his deepest feelings out, within regs. She took his actions personally, and as he was unable to tell her the truth, he felt her anguish and in frustration made that statement. Statements that are based in truth are often said in times of great stress.

Just my opinion, but that's how I saw it.

Ship, ship, hurray! (Guess the shippiness is catching....)

And.....Welcome to scjon!
    Thank you!

And that's pretty much how I see Shades of Grey too. Especially as it comes immediately after One Hundred Days.
    always and forever
    My LJ http://historianheidi.livejournal.com
    My History Website http:thehistorian.net

Comment

Originally posted by Token
      As Jack is saying the line "I care about her alot more than I'm supposed too", his eyes are looking at Sam. I don't know if it was scripted that way, but it makes it TREMENDOUSLY shippy. Jack makes his confession directly to Sam!! Then his eyes shift back to Anise.
      I know what you mean! The first time I saw that scene I was not even a fan of the show but it made me sit down and watch it and then keep coming back for more. It's a very powerful scene and made turned me into a shipper - not that it would have taken much.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
        How large a fan base can the anti-shippers possibly be compared to us? I mean, you have to be a pretty miserable soul to want to block two people from being depicted as being in love. Even those of us who have failed at love and are at the inbetween bitter pill stage can still enjoy seeing two people who have done the honorable thing finallly get a little happieness. Anyone can see that anti-shippers are truly SICK SICK SICK individuals who deny what's right in front of their eyes. And they call us shippers deluded!
        I'm not sure how big the anti-shipper contingent is, but they're very vocal, and I think most fall into Sci-Fi's "key" demographic.....men 18-24. Some say they don't "see" the chemistry! My question is, how can they miss it? And I agree that you have to be pretty miserable to not want two people who love each other to be happy.

Other people just don't think "ship" belongs in sci-fi. Someone else on this thread replied best to that argument a few weeks ago (wish I could remember who), when they remembered a Gene Roddenberry quote, "Relationships are the final frontier."

In my three short months in GW (active, rather than passive fandom, I call it), I have learned there are a lot of strange opinions out there. But I have come to depend on others who have been around longer, like majorsal, Oma-1, ChopinGal, ForeverSg-1 and UberSG-1fan, who have convinced me that our ship WILL eventually come in.

We're not deluded. That other contingent is. We're right, and in the end, we will win! But it may be the very end before we get our victory.

Hang in there and hang with us. This thread and the Sam is a Great Character thread are good places to be.

Comment

If today is JUNE 30 where you live and you have access to a station that broadcasts SG-1, there are
          15 DAYS UNTIL THE JULY 15 PREMIERE!!!

To the shippers in other parts of our world, please forgive me if I omit your countdown days. I haven't quite figured out the times and the access to SG-1 dates for you all.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by scjon
            Hi everyone. I have decided to de-lurk after having read this thread for a long while. It's great to meet so many other Sam/Jack shippers.
            Welcome Scjon!!!!

Originally posted by ForeverSg1
            Hello Shippers...

I felt a bit shippy today so I made this wall, hope you enjoy it.

Chiseled

Kat
            love, love it Thanks Kat!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
              http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57.../forsaken4.jpg
              http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a57.../forsaken5.jpg

These pics along with quite a few others in my gallery are from the website Dedicated to Stargate SG1. It's a great site and definitely worth a visit. Has got loads (and I means LOADS!) of pics, screencaps, videos (the s&j ones are fab!), episodes transcripts etc etc....

I especially love the pic of Jack touching Sams arm coz in S6 we shippers had to grab any little ship morsal that came our way! (until Metamorphosis when we had a mini feast! )
              That's funny - I always thought that S6 was pack jammed full of ship! From them flying together in the X302, to being underwater and nearly drowned in Decent. Then there's the "please" in Frozen, and her search for him in Abyss . . . And it just got better and better.
              - Mary
              SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
              Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

<snip>.

Other people just don't think "ship" belongs in sci-fi. Someone else on this thread replied best to that argument a few weeks ago (wish I could remember who), when they remembered a Gene Roddenberry quote, "Relationships are the final frontier."

<snip>

The quote was mine, and what I specifically said was, "Space is not the final frontier; the final frontier is in human relationships." And I firmly believe that. How can you possibly make any show that lasts any significant amount of time without showing how people relate to each other? A movie, okay - that's two hours in our lives and maybe a few days in the characters'. But SG1 has spanned eight years. Who in eight years wouldn't want *some* romance in their life with the man or woman they loved?

I do think, though, that a big chunk of the anti-shippers aren't the male 18-36 demographic, as mentioned previously. Personally, I think it's just a small portion, which also includes the Danielites (who don't want to see time dedicated to anything non-Daniel), and the slashers (who think that it's horrible to show Jack with anybody but Daniel.) Between the three groups, I guess they *could* have a considerable contingent, but i don't know if anybody's ever done a survey. All I do know is that they definitely scream the loudest.

And we, sadly, by being polite and quiet, have lost. Again.
                - Mary
                SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
                Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                  If today is JUNE 30 where you live and you have access to a station that broadcasts SG-1, there are

To the shippers in other parts of our world, please forgive me if I omit your countdown days. I haven't quite figured out the times and the access to SG-1 dates for you all.
                  Nell, your killing me!!! LOL!!!! I like your style!!! "If today is JUNE 30 where you live and you have access to a station that broadcasts SG-1, there are
                  "

Token ~

Comment

Hello Shippers...

Chiseled

Kat

Edit: A very nice shipper informed me there was a typo in my original wall, so I fixed it.
                    oh that is such a lovely wallpaper ..... they do care alot for each other all these years

Comment

Hello Shippers...

Chiseled

Kat

Edit: A very nice shipper informed me there was a typo in my original wall, so I fixed it.
                      This is really lovely!
                      In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                      so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                      Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                      Hic Comitas Regit
                      Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                      Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Originally posted by Lida
                        My dream:
                        oh, lida, those are cute!

(i want them for christmas ornaments )

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s8's threads

Originally posted by scjon
                          Thanks everyone for the lovely welcome. My favourite Sam/Jack moment? That's actually quite difficult, 'cos there are so many.... Current favourite is from season 8's Threads spoilers -
                          Spoiler:
                          when Jack tells Sam he will be there for her always. I love the way he has his arm round her and she is stroking his hand
                          Spoiler:
                          sam wasn't just stroking his hand, she was making love to it!!

k, had to get that off my heart.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell

nell, since you're so good at this counting down thing... would you mind finding out how long it'll be until beach head aires? this is sam's/amanda's return (which is when *i* return to watching stargate too). if you find out, would you mind posting the results on the sam's a great character thread?

sally
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Buc252
                              That's funny - I always thought that S6 was pack jammed full of ship! From them flying together in the X302, to being underwater and nearly drowned in Decent. Then there's the "please" in Frozen, and her search for him in Abyss . . . And it just got better and better.
                              Well, I guess I'm just gonna have to plan in a S6 shipperthon then (all in the name of research obviously!) my flatmate is so gonna love me!

Also must rewatch shades of grey having heard some of your thoughts as I can't say I saw it in a shippy light. I remember feeling miffed on Sams part as his comment really stung and also coz he never really apologised (or did I miss that?)

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                                spoilers for s8's threads

Spoiler:
                                sam wasn't just stroking his hand, she was making love to it!!

k, had to get that off my heart.

sally
                                Whoa Sally, you are hiding that sizzling hot side of your personality. Mild mannered, proper lady by day and vamp by night. I like it!

Have to agree though, she sure was stroking his handing in a very loving manner. Nuff said.

As for your heart, it's the size of the British Isles....maybe larger.
                                On fighting:
                                Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
                                Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

Working...
                                X