• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nell
    gatebee, where are you???
    CONGRATULATIONS ON 2500 POSTS!!!
    Nell .... I am here ...thank you

Comment

Originally posted by dmovies
      I'm really dreading the July 15th premier of season 9-very little Jack, no Sam, no Dr Frasier, no General Hammond, no Jacob Carter-let's see-is there any other of our favorite characters missing? We've got 2 Farscape actors, a complete stranger in Gen Landry, his daughter, but at least we do get Dr Jackson and Teal'c. Not too much for devoted fans of the original Stargate SG1 show. I'll watch, but only because RDA will make a cameo appearance. I know some of the missing characters are not the fault of TPTB but they really painted themselves in a corner with the ones they killed off. I remember when Bewitched switched Darrens, but it didn't matter too much cause all of the other original cast members were the same. Can't say the same for the geniuses behind this show. "This is like an all new show"-great! except for the fans of 8 years who loved the old show! I hope I'm wrong but I really can't see this BB person as the new leader of SG1. They needed more of a character actor not another pretty face, we've got Michael Shanks for that. Maybe after Sam returns, the show will return but I'm not holding my breath!
      Wonderfully said! I won't be watching at all, unless I hear that RDA is in an ep that Sam/Amanda is also in. IMO, they should have ended the series gracefully at the end of S8, and, if they wanted, created a whole new show with a couple transplanted characters. Oh, and they should take a year off to get their heads together because, to be honest, the scripts this year and last mostly stank!

There are so many holes in the new S9 scenario, I can't even care anymore. And since I was never much of a Daniel fan and became even less of one when MS came back and they kicked off Jonas, there's nothing there for me anymore.

Obviously, TPTB don't care about a good deal of the existing fans - all they want are those transplanted Farscape fans and the young males looking for T&A.
      - Mary
      SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
      Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Very well said Mary.Like you I will watch when RDA does an episode with AT.I also was bothered when Jonas was kicked off the Show.I liked the Daniel from the Movie much better than the TV Daniel.James Spader's Daniel had a way to challange and disagree with Jack without being high and mighy and not being whinny.I also though the Movie Daniel was more of a Team player.I like the Teal'c character but to me it sounds like Teal'c and the Jaffa are getting too much time in Season 9.IMO Teal'c is better as the strong silent type and not as a leading character.While I Love the Sam chacter the Sam character is not the same without Jack and I'am not just talking about the Ship.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
          This is what I think...S9
          Spoiler:
          There are two stars and one shiny button on the epaulet of his uniform. As quickly as he has risen from one-star to two-star general, I don't think TPTB could justify him getting three stars so soon.
          Here's what I think:
          Spoiler:

If he got another star that quick, how long do you think it will take for him to make president???
          BTW, does Sam get another promotion too??

And as for the debate on who will watch Season 9:
          I like my S/J ship as much as the next shipper but ship is not the only reason I watch Stargate SG-1, I watch cause I am a sci-fi junkie and I like thought provoking stories and the big "what if's" of the universe.
          I will be watching Season 9 because even without ship it's still some of the best television around.
          That and there's always Season 10......

waterfall

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
            LOL4JACK the Sam and Jack Ship started from the very first episode.IMO TPTB used up there chances.I have no problem if other Shippers want to watch Season 9.This is just IMO.
            I'm with you, Ses, and I also don't see why anybody would want to give TPTB another chance. They've shafted us, insulted us, turned a blind eye to what we wanted to see (and asked for quite politely, btw) while they wrote "The Daniel Jackson Story" and basically produced some really terrible scripts in the past few years. I gave them eight YEARS to get this ship on the road. (On the water? <g>) I'm not willing to give them one more second.

For my own personal case, I'd feel disloyal to the ship and to Jack O'Neill if I did anything else. If others want to watch it, that's great! I have no problem with it. But some of us can't get caught up in your enthusiasm - we just shake our heads and say, "I don't get it!" <g> Nothing short of an on-screen kiss between Sam and Jack could get me enthusiastic about the show - and not in S10 or beyond, but NOW! The first five minutes of the S9 premier or nothing . . . and we know that's not going to happen.
            - Mary
            SG1 needs it's Fifth Man - Why should we settle for less? Bring back Jonas Quinn!
            Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team. But there's only one he'd live for: Samantha Carter.

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
              Here's what I think:
              Spoiler:

If he got another star that quick, how long do you think it will take for him to make president???

I like my S/J ship as much as the next shipper but ship is not the only reason I watch Stargate SG-1, I watch cause I am a sci-fi junkie and I like thought provoking stories and the big "what if's" of the universe.
              I will be watching Season 9 because even without ship it's still some of the best television around.

waterfall
              waterfall, I have to agree with you. I love our Sam and Jack but I really started watching Stargate for the SciFi. Don't misunderstand me cause I will be hugely disappointed if we don't Season 9
              Spoiler:
              get some confirmation about our Sam and Jack.
              But, I have to admit that I want to see Ben Browder in action!!! Oh, no, Lieutenant Colonel Mitchell will not be General O'Neill's substitute. He is hot though!!

Hey, I'm not getting kicked off the thread for saying BB is hot, huh?
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by waterfall
                Here's what I think:
                Spoiler:

waterfall
                WATERFALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's SOOOO good to see ya!!!!! Where ya been hiding???

Hmmmmm......Jack as President!! I could go for that!! He would definitely cut through the bull crap!

My take on Season 9 and beyond is this. If the stories are good ala "Death Knell", "Lost City", "Reckoning", "Zero Hour", I'll watch. If they are as full of plot holes like some of Season 7 and most of Season 8 , or they are full of Daniel's soapbox and Jaffa rebellion *yawn*; then forgetaboutit!!

Token ~

Comment

Mary I look at it this way.If TPTB want me to watch there going to have to give me what I want.That means real
                  Spoiler:
                  Sam and Jack Ship.Not offscreen Sam and Jack Ship.I will no longer be the type of SG-1 Fan who watches every episode no matter what.I went through that in Season 7 and 8 and when I heard RDA was leaving that was the last straw.In regards to Season 10 I cannot get excited about a Season 10 that may or may not have RDA appear in a few episodes.Season 10 is still 2 Years away if it happens.For me to watch a full Season of SG-1 again I'am going to need to see RDA in 5 Full episodes.I'am not holding my breath on that one.Right now for me to watch Season 9 would be like slapping myself in the Face.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                    waterfall, I have to agree with you. I love our Sam and Jack but I really started watching Stargate for the SciFi. Don't misunderstand me cause I will be hugely disappointed if we don't Season 9
                    Spoiler:
                    get some confirmation about our Sam and Jack.
                    But, I have to admit that I want to see Ben Browder in action!!! Oh, no, Lieutenant Colonel Mitchell will not be General O'Neill's substitute. He is hot though!!

Hey, I'm not getting kicked off the thread for saying BB is hot, huh?
                    Hey!!!! Ben Browder is WAY HOT! So is David DeLuise (even though Pete was a schmo)

I want to see a great ship between Cam and Sam...FRIENDship...and I want there to be some tension between them...not sexual tension of course but maybe some knocking of heads having to do with the team.

None of the above change the fact that Sam's heart belongs to one person and one person only...And I think you'd have to truly be brain dead to not know to whom I'm referring...

*cough*JACK*cough*

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan
                      Hey!!!! Ben Browder is WAY HOT! So is David DeLuise (even though Pete was a schmo)

I want to see a great ship between Cam and Sam...FRIENDship...and I want there to be some tension between them...not sexual tension of course but maybe some knocking of heads having to do with the team.

None of the above change the fact that Sam's heart belongs to one person and one person only...And I think you'd have to truly be brain dead to not know to whom I'm referring...

*cough*JACK*cough*

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some initial tension between Cam and Sam over leadership. If he'd accuse her of having gotten leadership of SG-1 because of her relationship with Jack, that would be an interesting way to start off their working relationship (and it would send a nice obvious signal about the relationship between Sam and Jack), though I doubt TPTB are that gutsy.

BTW, am I the only male here?

Comment

OH MY GOD. I did it, I finally did it.
                        buries my head into my hands and shakes said head

I've finally posted my fics. I hope you take the time to read them. All comments greatly appreciated. The deed is done, there's no going back out now.

Here are the links

http://www.fanfiction.net/~divcon or
                        http://www.fanfictions.net/u./840674/

There you go guys, you were so nice to me when I posted the first part on this thread I hope that the next two parts of the story are just as good.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                        NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1
                          Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some initial tension between Cam and Sam over leadership. If he'd accuse her of having gotten leadership of SG-1 because of her relationship with Jack, that would be an interesting way to start off their working relationship (and it would send a nice obvious signal about the relationship between Sam and Jack), though I doubt TPTB are that gutsy.

Yes. And your poor lonely Y chromosome sticks out like a sore thumb...

Just kidding.

There are actually quite a few guys that post on the shipper thread from time to time...

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

Originally posted by Sum1

What a great idea. It would set the tone for the Cam/Sam relationship.
                            "You MAY be the leader of SG1, but it's really Jack's team and always will be"

Makes her opions known and lets all us shippers know that all hope is not forgotten. TPTB should take into some condideration ALL the good ideas that appear here courtesy of the best shippers, nay the best fans a show has ever had.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Cassie
                              *sigh* one of the great head on shoulder moments Thanks sg-1fanintn and congrats on your 500th post!!!
                              well if you're talking about heads on shoulder..... congrats guys for your posts !! you're amazing and divcon for your fics (I'll read them later)

Comment

we never have enough!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X