• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Token
    Sum1 & barb69 to the Shipper Family!!

I was browsing the spoiler pics for Season 9 and saw S9
    Spoiler:
    that Jack has been promoted!! He is a two-star general now! Maybe Sam got a promotion too! When Jack was promoted to general, Sam got her promotion to Lt Col. Then there is no problem with who is the leader of SG-1. I know it's probably not true, but it is wishful thinking.

Here is the link to the spoiler pic...
    http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s9/graphics/903_10.shtml
    It looks like there are
    Spoiler:
    three shiny things on his shoulder.....not two.
    What do you think?

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
      I'm gonna spoil this Q&A from Joe in case anyone doesn't want to read it .....
      Spoiler:

SueS
      3. When Sam returns will she still be in the Air Force?

JM
      Check it out. She comes back in Beachhead.

SueS
      Mmm, you didn't say maaaybe, but your answer seems slightly evasive. I mean you didn't come out and say "Yeah, she's military. Why wouldn't she be?"

See, the reason I asked about Sam's military status when she returns is because I've read spoilers that Mitchell refers to Sam as "Sam" and not as Col. Carter. If Mitchell is a "Military man's military man" I would not think that he would refer to another military member of his team in such an informal
      manner while on-duty.

So, other than Sam not being military any more, is there another reason why Mitchell would refer to her as Sam and not Col. Carter during a mission?

And I'm gonna spoil my comments too

Spoiler:
      We've all been so fixated on Jack's retiring and running Homeworld Security as a civillian, that we may have overlooked something. Although many Sam fans could see this as a blow for Sam's character (as I must admit I do), but as a ship fan, it certainly pushes the regs problem out the window.
      Kinda leaves me in a quandry. Rock..Oma...Hard Place.

Comments anyone????
      I have suspected all along that
      Spoiler:
      it might be Sam who leaves the military for them to be together. The reasons:

1. As a scientist, she could stay at the high level of involvement at which she's been by moving to Area 51.....which would also put her farther away from Jack's chain of command.

2. It makes it convenient for TPTB, because if she's no longer military, and she has left the SGC, it opens the door for BB to lead SG-1 without it being disrespectful of Sam. Which means that she only comes back to SG-1 because the situation is so dire that they NEED her badly!

3. Jacob told her in Grace and Threads, "You only joined the Air Force because of me. Don't let the rules stand in the way of you being happy." Think how many of those discussions were repeated from one ep to the other, and how many of them have come true. It may have been another clue.

4. If she's now in charge at Area 51, or in charge of scientific research there, hasn't she gotten a more important job than she would have as commander of SG-1? How could we resent BB then (channeling TPTB here)?

It sure would tie everything up in a neat little bow.

(((Nickatell)))

Yes I had reservations about the Sam & Jack ship for S9. Being realistic, it aint gonna be the same. And that's heartbreaking. But Joe's given me enough to believe that Sam & Jack are together as a couple and that we'll get it confirmed at some point - possibly in Ex Deus Machina (although I really don't wanna have to wait that long to find out ).

To be honest, that's all I expect. Confirmation that they're together. And a few guest appearances from RDA in the next few seasons *fingers crossed*.

Jack's my fave character so I'm gonna miss him tremendously. But there are lots of other aspects about SG-1 that I love, that I'm not prepared to give up on yet. So I'll give the new storylines and characters a chance, and hope I can find as much enjoyment out of S9 of SG-1 as I did out of S1 of Atlantis. I'm pretty much thinking of it as a new spin off, but with the added bonus that some of my fave characters are still there in Sam, Daniel and Teal'c, and that RDA will put in a few cameos in the following seasons to stave of the Jack Withdrawal Symptoms.
      Creepy.....I would have said the exact same thing. Oma-1, I think you're my lost sister on a different continent!

Welcome to the J/S Shipper Thread!

hobbitsrul

barb69

katethegater
      Last edited by sg-1fanintn; 28 June 2005, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Token
        Yes! Bev must be in heaven!!

You bet I am!!!! Sticky-up hair! *happy sigh*
        sigpic

Comment

Spoiler:

SueS

JM

SueS
          Mmm, you didn't say maaaybe, but your answer seems slightly evasive. I mean you didn't come out and say "Yeah, she's military. Why wouldn't she be?"

See, the reason I asked about Sam's military status when she returns is because I've read spoilers that Mitchell refers to Sam as "Sam" and not as Col. Carter. If Mitchell is a "Military man's military man" I would not think that he would refer to another military member of his team in such an informal
          manner while on-duty.

So, other than Sam not being military any more, is there another reason why Mitchell would refer to her as Sam and not Col. Carter during a mission?

Spoiler:
          We've all been so fixated on Jack's retiring and running Homeworld Security as a civillian, that we may have overlooked something. Although many Sam fans could see this as a blow for Sam's character (as I must admit I do), but as a ship fan, it certainly pushes the regs problem out the window.

Comments anyone????
          Hi Oma! I've wondered the same thing myself. It would definitely put a different twist on everything! But...as dreadful as it would be, it might prove to be a way for them to be together.

In answer to your earlier question about SkyOne. I watch Scifi on cable here in the US. They've only shown S6 so far. I'd like to see S7 (although I have it on DVD) and definitely S8.
          -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by jay
            im watching Metamorphosis right now, and right before sam puts her head on jacks shoulder (awww i love that part) when she looks at teal'c and he nods his head, does it seem to any body else that hes given her permission to have that moment with jack? like right after he nods his head ,he turns his back on them to give them privacy it seems like.
            I loved that scene where she put her head on his shoulder. It was completely unexpected because they had pretty much dropped the ship since D&C. For me it was definitely a Woo-Hoo! moment.

sigpic
            s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by jay
              im watching Metamorphosis right now, and right before sam puts her head on jacks shoulder (awww i love that part) when she looks at teal'c and he nods his head, does it seem to any body else that hes given her permission to have that moment with jack? like right after he nods his head ,he turns his back on them to give them privacy it seems like.
              I'm not sure if it means he's giving his permission...or more of an acknowledgement of the fact that she needs Jack and that he should take care of her. Definitely a must see shippy moment. I also like it whenever he tries to bargain with Nirrti for the reversal of whatever Nirrti did to Sam.
              -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by sugarshaker
                I loved that scene where she put her head on his shoulder. It was completely unexpected because they had pretty much dropped the ship since D&C. For me it was definitely a Woo-Hoo! moment.
                I like it too when Jack helped her off the machine thingy after the (can't remember his name) reversed Nirrti's work. Jack reached for her hand, but took her by the arm instead. Sweet..
                -girlgater

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                  I like it too when Jack helped her off the machine thingy after the (can't remember his name) reversed Nirrti's work. Jack reached for her hand, but took her by the arm instead. Sweet..
                  Yes, I thought that was a special moment too. The whole ep, you could just tell how concerned he was for all of them.....but especially for Sam. And when he said, "Get some rest. That's an order," she could have lain down, but instead, she chose to put her head on his shoulder.....because that was more comforting.

Comment

Spoiler:

SueS
                    JM
                    SueS
                    manner while on-duty.

Spoiler:
                    Comments anyone????
                    wow (((((((( Oma ))))))))) you assessment has definitely put me as you are in a "rock and a hard place". I am a 110% shipper but I hope not if ( and I can't believe I am saying this )
                    Spoiler:
                    Sam's character is not the same as we know her to be ... the kicka$$ leader that she should be

Comment

All together now.....

A-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-h.......

Comment

Originally posted by girlgater
                        That's right - I forgot all about that part. He starts to take her hand, then hesitates, and they kind of fumble it but it's sweet. Thanks for the reminder.

sigpic
                        s u g a r s h a k e r

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
                          All together now.....

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y12...oddess/abz.jpg

A-a-a-a-h-h-h-h-h.......
                          a a a a a a a h h h h h h h .... so sweet ...

Comment

nickatell I know everyone is entitled to do what they want but I'am very surprised that so many Shippers are willing to watch Season 9.I was not happy with Seasons 7 and 8 and I was not happy with how the
                            Spoiler:
                            Ship was handled at the end of Season 8 so why should I watch Season 9? IMO we gave enough support to TPTB of this Show and we did not get enough return on our investment.It also does not help when TPTB and some of the Actors take shots at RDA and some of the cast that are no longer involved with the Show.In regards to Season 9 There's no Jack so how good can the Ship be and Season 9 seems to be Jaffa Heavy.IMO the Teal'c character is not good when he is front and center in an episode.I have no desire to see Teal'c and Mitchell be buddy buddy like Jack and Teal'c.I also rather not see Sam be buddies with Mitchell either.I just hope Daniel gives a hard time to Mitchell like he did to Jack.

Comment

Originally posted by jay
                              for any 1 who reads fanfics, do you know if the great author Sally Reeve have stopped writing? i love her stories but she hasn't wrote any thing for almost 2 years now.
                              As a matter of fact, I wrote to Sally not too long ago and asked her that same question. She replied that she has a contract with a book company and has written two Stargate novels. They are available in the UK only but I ordered through ebay and I should be getting my copy of "A Matter of Honor" within a few days. She also co-wrote one of last month's Stargate magazine articles or was it the new issue? Anyway, she is a Kick A$$ good writer and I can't wait for the book! I'll give a review.
                              sigpic

Comment

That's right - I forgot all about that part. He starts to take her hand, then hesitates, and they kind of fumble it but it's sweet. Thanks for the reminder.
                                actually i think that they are reaching out to each other. and my shippy little heart thinks he was holding her hand behind her back. *sigh where are those rose colored glasses when you need them?
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X