This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Gatebee.
    Sam wouldn't wear a ring to the base. So they could actually already be engaged but we wouldn't know about it. Of course Daniel and Teal'c would know but no-one else. At least that way when we have the big wedding at the end of the season (hint hint ptb, fingers crossed) it can be explained that Sam and Jack have been engaged all the time but didn't want to lose her engagement ring off-world.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
      Hey Gatebee.
      Sam wouldn't wear a ring to the base. So they could actually already be engaged but we wouldn't know about it. Of course Daniel and Teal'c would know but no-one else. At least that way when we have the big wedding at the end of the season (hint hint ptb, fingers crossed) it can be explained that Sam and Jack have been engaged all the time but didn't want to lose her engagement ring off-world.
      you are right , Sam and Jack would not wear a ring to base. But maybe once they finish one of their missions and they are in the locker room. As they finish dressing the last thing they do before they close their locker is get their respective wedding rings nad put them on. And we see them walk into the elevator with their wedding rings on and a big smile on their faces.

Comment

Hey Gatebee.
        i like that explanation!

hope is good.

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
          Hi Shipper Sisters! Well, I'm launching, again , my new sig pic. Actually, I'm having fun with writing captions. I am not a graphic arts person so I depend on words to express my, um, creative side! So, I hope you enjoy it.

And now it's time for me to remind you all that

If it's June 28 in your part of the world there are 17 days until Season 9 Premiere.
          And, if you're in my part of the world, and it's June 27 there are 18 days left.

Hee, hee!! There I go again with that creativity!
          You know what they say....the pen is mightier than the sword, so scribe on nell!!
          Only 17 days to go, am soooo envious of you guys. It's such a long time till October

Comment

(((((((((((((((((((((BILLIE))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Glad to see you back.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

I've got a question to ask. In WoO, when Sam is talking about Travelling back to 1969, Jack replies that it was a good year. Did he mean because they'd been there or, as I think, is it because that is when Sam was born? I don't think I've ever known when Sam was born. In '1969' Daniel says he was 4 1/2 in 1969. Is he older than Sam or am I completely wrong in the way I have perceived that scene.

The topic of the age difference has been mentioned a few times, we assume that Jack is in his fifties and Sam to be in her thirties but I can't ever remember being told for sure how old they were.

Ayway, age is of no consequence to the ship. Think of all the lessons Jack could give Sam. ( mmmm the mind boggles!)
              I always thought that ref to 1969 was a fond memory of a mission where he got to spend lots of time with Sam on that (s)hippy bus, around the camp fire and all the fun they had on that mission. I'm sure they managed to sneak in a few of those adoring looks and moments alone that we all love
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jay
                i have a question about shipper day and it may seem stupid to some of you so i hope you don't strike me down with lighting but why was july 28 picked as shipper day? i mean did something happen in the stargate universe or what?
                Ship Day is on 28th July because that's when Divide and Conquer first aired in US.

If you want to know what happens on Ship Day, have a look here
                Flo ~ FBI - Proud Shep Thunker - Proud member of the Ship Ship Hooray Special Ops Team !

Comment

Originally posted by florence
                  Ship Day is on 28th July because that's when Divide and Conquer first aired in US.

If you want to know what happens on Ship Day, have a look here

Thanks for the heads up florence, I'll have to make sure I stay awake or alternatively have a nap during the day so I don't miss all the great shippyness that is Ship Day.

It was such a sad day
                  When Jack went away
                  But who knew that the man
                  Was off buying a ring
                  So he could propose to Sam.

Ok so some lines don't exactly rhyme but who cares.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                  NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Hellllllooooooooooooo!!! Anyone out there? *divcon taps the monitor screen*. No, ok I guess I'll have to move the ship up the line.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

for any 1 who reads fanfics, do you know if the great author Sally Reeve have stopped writing? i love her stories but she hasn't wrote any thing for almost 2 years now.
                      Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
                      Sam- "Shh, sleep"
                      Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
                      (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

hey divcon, don't know if your still here but im here with you if you are.
                        Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
                        Sam- "Shh, sleep"
                        Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
                        (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                          I always thought that ref to 1969 was a fond memory of a mission where he got to spend lots of time with Sam on that (s)hippy bus, around the camp fire and all the fun they had on that mission. I'm sure they managed to sneak in a few of those adoring looks and moments alone that we all love
                          Yes! Of course, Oma-1! I bet you're right. Being close to Jack's vintage (about five years younger), I had always just assumed that he meant 1969 was a good year because there was so much change going on and he was a young guy then and enjoying his life......but I bet you're absolutely right! And I love that interpretation!

Looks like some good discussion went on here last night after I went to bed, too. Sorry I missed you, MajorSal and gatebee. Midnight Central Time is just a little too late on week nights when you have to get up at 6:00a! *sighs, resolves to buy Powerball tickets tonight*

Just checking in. Gotta get back to work. See you guys later!

Comment

Originally posted by jay
                            for any 1 who reads fanfics, do you know if the great author Sally Reeve have stopped writing? i love her stories but she hasn't wrote any thing for almost 2 years now.
                            i believe she is doing the stargate novels under Sally Malcom-if anyone out there knows for sure-but i think that is what is up with her.
                            Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Morning everybody.

I'm delurking long enough to say Hi and mention that Metamorphosis comes on SciFi tonight. It's a really good episode for those who haven't seen it--and quite shippy too!
                              -girlgater

Comment

Um... I don't know how to subscribe, actually. I said I would, so I want to. Will someone please PM me?

I'd do anything
                                Just to hold you in my arms
                                Try to make you laugh
                                Somehow I can't put you in the past
                                Jack and Sam Forever
                                || ||

Comment

Working...
                                X