X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
    1) When exactlly is "Shipper's Day?"

2) We just recently had the episode "Threads" run and it was horribly cut. SciFi Channel is running a Marathon on July 7, 2005 of the entire Season 8 which is great since I missed several of that season's early episodes (and I haven't seen the last 2 episodes yet). My question is: Does anyone know if they'll be showing the 80 minute Threads? If so, I'll probably take off work that day to watch

Can't express my frustration that they won't release Season 8 in the U.S. until Season 7 finishes running in syndication here.
    I'm sorry to tell you that I checked this out as soon as I heard about the marathon, and the 90-minute version will not air then. After Sci-Fi ran the butchered version recently, I fired off a scathing e-mail to them lamenting the edits and asking that they rerun the original episode (If they don't, it's not a "rerun," is it?). Then I found the sked for the marathon.

Also, they're not running all 20 eps. No, they've picked 15 of the 20 to run, and some of those will repeat. Go figure. I can't remember all of the eps that won't be in the marathon, but I'm almost certain that Zero Hour and Icon are among them.

Originally posted by Oma-1
    Watched Paradise Lost earlier today on SkyOne Mix. I LOVE that ep! Obviously I love the shippy bits with Sam / Teal'c in the locker room, Sam having a go at Dr Lee, Sam suggesting they send a satellite up to look for Jack, Jack's absolute faith that they would be found .... I could go on.....

I also love the fact that Jack finally gets to shoot Harry. Very long overdue IMO
    Ooooohhhhh......I wanted to hurry home from work to see Paradise Lost again, because it had been so long since I had seen it. But an emergency came up 15 minutes before the end of the day and I had to work 30 minutes late. Thank goodness for video tape! I hated leaving Jack alone with Maybourne.

By the way, my shippy hubby (who I've almost Sam & Jacked to death lately) called me today from a national retailer, where he had found Season 1-5 DVDs for just $31 per season! If it's ok to put up the name of the retailer here, I will. Would someone who has been around longer please advise me on whether that's proper? I'll post when I find out either way. If it's not ok to post the name, those who are interested can always PM me.

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      Shipper Day will be new for me, too!! What day of the week is it on? A weekend I hope!

From previous posts it looks like it's on the 28th July which is a Thrusday, so that means a VERY early Friday morning for me if I want to join in the shippyness that is shipper day. I'll have to mark it on my calander so I don't forget.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn

By the way, my shippy hubby (who I've almost Sam & Jacked to death lately) called me today from a national retailer, where he had found Season 1-5 DVDs for just $31 per season! If it's ok to put up the name of the retailer here, I will. Would someone who has been around longer please advise me on whether that's proper? I'll post when I find out either way. If it's not ok to post the name, those who are interested can always PM me.
        WOW, the exchange rate kills me. I pay up to $AUD80 for a box set and if I"m lucky I can buy them on sale for around $AUD75, that is unless I want to wait for a few years before I buy them and then they are still over $AUD50.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
        NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
          From previous posts it looks like it's on the 28th July which is a Thrusday, so that means a VERY early Friday morning for me if I want to join in the shippyness that is shipper day. I'll have to mark it on my calander so I don't forget.
          Thanks! Unfortunately, I can't ship from work! So, I'll ship extra Thursday night!!!
          sigpic

Comment

ALERT ALL SHIPPERS!!!! OUR PAL JOE'S ON RIGHT NOW!!!
            sigpic

Comment

WOW, the exchange rate kills me. I pay up to $AUD80 for a box set and if I"m lucky I can buy them on sale for around $AUD75, that is unless I want to wait for a few years before I buy them and then they are still over $AUD50.
              Full retail here is about $70......but I have seen individual seasons for about $50 before.....but never for $31......

Comment

Golly, where is everybody?! I am getting ready to Squee after reading Joe's response to SueKay on page 81. He is really friendly to all and generous with his answers, I think!! I guess he's shaking up some excitement for the show in a little over two weeks for the premiere!!! It's working!!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                  Couldn't agree with you more

But I can understand why some people are loathe to admit to being shippers (hence why lurkers exist in the first place)

After I arrived proclaiming I was a shipper, a began to go to other forums, because I'm a stargate fan first, a shipper second. But when I went to other forums with the same attitude, I found myself cast out in a sense. I was lucky I came to GW first...If I'd went to one of the other forums that's not as ship friendly...I might have kept my shippiness a secret. It's a sad, but true fact.
                  I know what you mean sueKay. I came from another BBoard and was really glad to find this forum. We shippers were not treated with any kind of respect at the other place. I am so happy to be here and have had so much fun. I think this place is great!
                  In the Kingdom of Hope, there is no Winter

Life is too short for drama & petty things,
                  so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly & forgive quickly!

Attendee of Shore Leave28, AT2 and AVALON
                  Proud Member of the Sam is a Great Character Thread
                  Hic Comitas Regit
                  Member of the Ship, Ship Hooray Special Ops Team
                  Member of Gategrrlz Gone Wild (proud Shore Leave 28 attendee).

Comment

Golly, where is everybody?! I am getting ready to Squee after reading Joe's response to SueKay on page 81. He is really friendly to all and generous with his answers, I think!! I guess he's shaking up some excitement for the show in a little over two weeks for the premiere!!! It's working!!

Hey nell, I'll Sq u ee with you over that answer as well. I keep popping back in there to check out his answers. I love how he replied to being asked to come to shipper day. I hope he can convince more of the writers to write ship in the future.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Hey nell, I'll Sq u ee with you over that answer as well. I keep popping back in there to check out his answers. I love how he replied to being asked to come to shipper day. I hope he can convince more of the writers to write ship in the future.
                      divcon,

Joe must be sitting back with his laptop and eating his Ben & Jerry's while reading through all our *questions* and having a great ole time responding!! I'm guessing that Season 9 is really looking good and he's feeling fine!!! After all he is the Executive Producer. He's got lots and lots and lots of stresses in producing Stargate! If things are going poorly, he probably can't eat enough Ben & Jerry's to make himself feel good! So, I'm thinking he's basking in the light of a likely successful Season 9. Not to mention ****SQUEE**** the upcoming possibilities for us Shippers!!!!
                      sigpic

Comment

i have a question about shipper day and it may seem stupid to some of you so i hope you don't strike me down with lighting but why was july 28 picked as shipper day? i mean did something happen in the stargate universe or what?
                        Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
                        Sam- "Shh, sleep"
                        Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
                        (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
                          Right...I think it's okay now...Think I can post...hope so!

Joes comments don't surprise me...He seems to be a certain type of shipper...one who is actually reluctant to admit it...I know there's a few big shippers on the forum that don't visit here because they don't want to get 'labelled'

Maybe our determination to stand up for S/J ship's what's got him to change his tune...or maybe the other PTB weren't breathing down his neck.
                          joe's always been a shipper. and i'm not guessing.

sally
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jay
                            i have a question about shipper day and it may seem stupid to some of you so i hope you don't strike me down with lighting but why was july 28 picked as shipper day? i mean did something happen in the stargate universe or what?

Hey jay, I've been kinda wondering that myself? Only been here a few weeks and I feel like a little kid, not knowing everything that is going on around me but shippers help shippers and I'm sure someone will enlighten us soon enough.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                            NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                              Well folks, I think we finally have our answer as to why the ship in SG-1 is so hit and miss - with no real resolution or dedication to it.

Check out this q&a from Joe's thread.

So lets keep being extra nice to Joe, and good things may keep coming our way

When you realise that none of the other ptb are shippers, makes me kinda grateful we've had so much - and that it hasn't been dropped altogether. I guess that it does show that us shippers have influence and tptb don't want to alienate us.
                              joe's, "Its safe to say the rest of the writing staff is pretty ambivalent on the subject." is no surprise to me. in that i mean, they've been saying/showing this for years. and with their ambivalence, we've still gotten some GREAT things over time! and remember, ambivalence means: undecided, or with two points of view. that's been our ptb for years!

and what makes you think none of the others ptb are shippers?

sally
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

divcon,

Joe must be sitting back with his laptop and eating his Ben & Jerry's while reading through all our *questions* and having a great ole time responding!! I'm guessing that Season 9 is really looking good and he's feeling fine!!! After all he is the Executive Producer. He's got lots and lots and lots of stresses in producing Stargate! If things are going poorly, he probably can't eat enough Ben & Jerry's to make himself feel good! So, I'm thinking he's basking in the light of a likely successful Season 9. Not to mention ****SQUEE**** the upcoming possibilities for us Shippers!!!!

What's 'Ben & Jerry'.?????????????

ONLY KIDDING, it's some sort of ice-cream right. Is it good? We can't get it down here. Is it any different to normal ice-cream or IS IT normal ice-cream and just known by it's brand name. Sorry, completely off topic.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Working...
                                X