• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fly by post!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sueKay
      Well...as usual I'm on...and no-one wants to talk...

Right...I want to read season nine ship scenarios...

...anyone got any???
      Yep, here's one!

Whilst on a mission with the newly reformed SG1 (boo...no RDA )Sam is captured.

Jack is called to the SGC where he’s told that Sam has been captured and that the Goauld responsible will only negotiate with him for her release. Coordinates have been sent with instructions for Jack to gate there alone, any deviation from these instructions will result in Sam suffering a very painful and slow death.

Jack goes through the stargate to the coordinates and upon arrival comes face to face with Baal…

Shippy aspects

1. An entire episode devoted to Jack and Sam (shipper heaven!!)
      2. Jack wrestling with his feelings when he finds out that Sam has been captured (with lots of shots of those adorable chocolate brown eyes!!)
      3. Sams reaction when she sees her beloved Jack coming to save her (my hero...big sigh)
      4. Jack and Sam together on the planet in adjoining cells but kept apart by a force field (sound familiar!!)
      5. Plenty of time for a much needed and long awaited ‘we really really may not make it out of this one and so to hell with the regs…I love you’ moment

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

Hope I haven't plagiarised anyones fanfic, if so apologies and could you let me know coz I'd really like to read it!

Comment

Originally posted by jay
        with my birthday being july 27 im kinda excited about shipper day being like a late birthday gift to me. i have no clue how you guys celebrate shipper day but im still really excited.
        Can't beat that for a late birthday pressie that for sure....lucky lucky you!!
        I also have yet to experience the shipper day celebrations and so await in anticipation

However having lurked for a while before joining the family I'm guessing that blue jello and shipper cookies are somehow part of the festivities....anyone wish to drop a few tasters for me and jay???

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
          Yep, here's one!

Whilst on a mission with the newly reformed SG1 (boo...no RDA )Sam is captured.

Jack is called to the SGC where he’s told that Sam has been captured and that the Goauld responsible will only negotiate with him for her release. Coordinates have been sent with instructions for Jack to gate there alone, any deviation from these instructions will result in Sam suffering a very painful and slow death.

Jack goes through the stargate to the coordinates and upon arrival comes face to face with Baal…

Shippy aspects

1. An entire episode devoted to Jack and Sam (shipper heaven!!)
          2. Jack wrestling with his feelings when he finds out that Sam has been captured (with lots of shots of those adorable chocolate brown eyes!!)
          3. Sams reaction when she sees her beloved Jack coming to save her (my hero...big sigh)
          4. Jack and Sam together on the planet in adjoining cells but kept apart by a force field (sound familiar!!)
          5. Plenty of time for a much needed and long awaited ‘we really really may not make it out of this one and so to hell with the regs…I love you’ moment

Bring it on!!!!!!!!!!

Hope I haven't plagiarised anyones fanfic, if so apologies and could you let me know coz I'd really like to read it!
          Love the idea Billie! It has all my fave elements - S/J ship & Ba'al I foresee lots of sarcastic discussion occurring too Maybe you could post it on sueKay's S9 thread too.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn
            Call me crazy, but I decided to do some reading on Air Force fraternization policies tonight......and if Jack goes to Homeworld Security.....I don't think they apply to Sam & Jack any more. The Regs are in italics.

Here's the definition for Fraternization:

Fraternization, as defined by the Manual for Courts-martial, is a personal relationship between an officer and an enlisted member that violates the customary bounds of acceptable behavior in the Air Force and prejudices good order and discipline, discredits the armed services, or operates to the personal disgrace or dishonor of the officer involved. The custom recognizes that officers will not form personal relationships with enlisted members on terms of military equality, whether on or off-duty.

This specifies relationships between officers and enlisted members. That NEVER applied to Sam and Jack.

Dating and Close Friendships. Dating, courtship, and close friendships between men and women are subject to the same policy considerations as are other relationships. Like any personal relationship, they become matters of official concern when they adversely affect morale, discipline, unit cohesion, respect for authority, or mission accomplishment. Members must recognize that these relationships can adversely affect morale and discipline, even when the members are not in the same chain of command or unit. The formation of such relationships between superiors and subordinates within the same chain of command or supervision is prohibited because such relationships invariably raise the perception of favoritism or misuse of position and erode morale, discipline and unit cohesion.

Relationships between officers in the same chain of command are prohibited, because it says "superiors and subordinates." Relationships between officers of different ranks are not, per se, prohibited. When Jack was Sam's CO, it applied. Does it now, that he will be in D.C. at another agency? Maybe he could indirectly have an impact on her career if she stays in the military, but he sure would be far-removed.

Just asking. I'm sure there are people out there who know more about military regs than I do (almost anyone would), but that's how it reads to me. I'm just wondering if someone with military experience would like to weigh in on this.

However, I still think the President would grant them an exception. After all, how many times to you have to save the planet to get a favor?
            I think it would be silly to interpret that the Director of Homeworld Security is prohibited from having a relationship with ANYONE at Stargate, except maybe Gen. Landry!!!!!!!!!! Is the President of the United States, as Commander in Chief, if single, prohibited from a relationship with anyone of all the service people in the Army, Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard? I think not.

Comment

Well folks, I think we finally have our answer as to why the ship in SG-1 is so hit and miss - with no real resolution or dedication to it.

Check out this q&a from Joe's thread.

So lets keep being extra nice to Joe, and good things may keep coming our way

When you realise that none of the other ptb are shippers, makes me kinda grateful we've had so much - and that it hasn't been dropped altogether. I guess that it does show that us shippers have influence and tptb don't want to alienate us.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1
                Well folks, I think we finally have our answer as to why the ship in SG-1 is so hit and miss - with no real resolution or dedication to it.

When you realise that none of the other ptb are shippers, makes me kinda grateful we've had so much - and that it hasn't been dropped altogether. I guess that it does show that us shippers have influence and tptb don't want to alienate us.
                I don't think we need to worry too much. Joe is being his usual vague self. The question also mentions Daniel/Vala, so he may have just been answering this part.
                sigpic

Comment

Watched Paradise Lost earlier today on SkyOne Mix. I LOVE that ep! Obviously I love the shippy bits with Sam / Teal'c in the locker room, Sam having a go at Dr Lee, Sam suggesting they send a satellite up to look for Jack, Jack's absolute faith that they would be found .... I could go on.....

I also love the fact that Jack finally gets to shoot Harry. Very long overdue IMO
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                    I don't think we need to worry too much. Joe is being his usual vague self. The question also mentions Daniel/Vala, so he may have just been answering this part.
                    "Very tactful" was my first thought

You're right Bev, I don't think we need to worry either. I found it really interesting that S4 was brought to us by a bunch of non-believers Can you imagine how S4 would have gone if all tptb were shippers!?!?!?!
                    Last edited by Oma-1; 27 June 2005, 12:12 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Billie
                      Can't beat that for a late birthday pressie that for sure....lucky lucky you!!
                      I also have yet to experience the shipper day celebrations and so await in anticipation

However having lurked for a while before joining the family I'm guessing that blue jello and shipper cookies are somehow part of the festivities....anyone wish to drop a few tasters for me and jay???
                      Since you ask so nicely

and to wash it all down

Just a little taster of the treats. As for the rest ..... roll on July 28th
                      sigpic

Comment

I Loved that episodes as well and that was the Sam I loved as well.I loved how Sam got in Dr.Lee Face and was not afraid to step on some Toes.I though the Sam in Season 7 and 8 lost that spark.I hated how Sam acted with
                        Spoiler:
                        Baal in Reckoning.Jacob had a look on his face like he wanted to Kill Baal and Sam did not even defend Jack after Baal insulted Jack.I know Sam was on a mission but Baal is the one who Killed Jack over and over and it would have been nice to see the Sam from Paradise Lost and let Baal have it.

Comment

hey Oma, thanx for the little mid-day snack. i love blue jello. i gotta ask how you get those little animations. when ever i see something like that they always crack me up. lol
                          Jack- "As much as I might otherwise think this is nice..."
                          Sam- "Shh, sleep"
                          Jack- "Is that what we're doing?"
                          (Solitudes)

Jack O'Neill would die for any member of his team, but there's only one he'd live for: Sam Carter

Comment

Originally posted by ses110
                            I Loved that episodes as well and that was the Sam I loved as well.I loved how Sam got in Dr.Lee Face and was not afraid to step on some Toes.I thought the Sam in Season 7 and 8 lost that spark.I hated how Sam acted with
                            Spoiler:
                            Baal in Reckoning.Jacob had a look on his face like he wanted to Kill Baal and Sam did not even defend Jack after Baal insulted Jack.I know Sam was on a mission but Baal is the one who Killed Jack over and over and it would have been nice to see the Sam from Paradise Lost and let Baal have it.
                            Couldn't agree with you more. I think this ep showed Sam's strength of character and her depth of feeling for Jack.

Initially when she returns to the SGC she feels guilt - Harry took her zat so the whole thing was her fault.

Then she shows her desperation to find a solution when she gets in Dr Lee's face.

Next she shows her focus and drive in trying to come up with other solutions - and again, desperation when suggesting the satellite.

Depth of emotion when she says to Hammond you can't put a price on Colonel O'Neill when he suggests the cost to be prohibitive.

Then she comes up with the solution. Focus, dedication, love. She never gave up.

I also like the faith that Jack shows in Sam while patiently waiting for rescue. He knows Sam will never give up looking for them and finding a way to reach them. He finally laid to rest anger I felt at Hundred Days

So many reasons to love this ep. I just wish we'd seen the reunion too.
                            sigpic

Comment

I was thinking a lot about this ep tonight (gotta have some fun doing the washing up ) and eventually came up with this.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Oma-1

well in that case i suppose then that those self same writers ought not to be surprised if we are equally as
                                Spoiler:
                                ambivelent
                                about season 9.
                                I suppose JM probably gets tired of swimming against the tide-heck i Know I do. But again my frustration stems from why start something if you had/have no itention of following through. I would have prefered a Captain Samuel Carter or have Dr. Samantha Carter in the lab and have the friendly flirtation/angst or whatever coming from that direction instead of making her a member of the team and doing it.
                                Franklin said, "They that can give up essential liberty for a little safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."

"Do or do not. There is no try." Yoda

Comment

Working...
                                X