This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi everyone
    ive been lurking on the shipper thread for about a year and i just thought id delurk and let everyone known what a wonderful and friendly thread this is.

Ive been a fan of sg1 for about three years and a shipper after i watched the first two episodes. such chemistry

anyway just thought Id say Hi

barb
    liverpool home of the champions of europe

Comment

Originally posted by barb69
      hi everyone
      ive been lurking on the shipper thread for about a year and i just thought id delurk and let everyone known what a wonderful and friendly thread this is.

Ive been a fan of sg1 for about three years and a shipper after i watched the first two episodes. such chemistry

barb
      barb69!

Lovely to have you come out of lurkdom! It is a fabulous family, isn't it (even if I've been lurking a great deal myself recently ).
      I'm not sure if anyone's awake right now veeeery early in the US, and veeerrry late here in NZ *yawns* sooo tired! must.... go.....to.....bed! Sorry to abandon you

I'm sure the US contingent will be awake and shipping shortly! So, pull up a chair, and a big drink and enjoy yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by barb69
        hi everyone

barb
        WELCOME BARB69!!!

No need to lurk any longer when you visit us!!! We welcome you to share and have fun with us. BTW, I noticed that you asked Joe a shipper question! The small group of us were pretty active last night following Joe and talking amongst ourselves!! That's what we do!!!
        sigpic

Comment

nelllllllllll, you're back. Have a nice sleep?

WELCOME Barb.

It doesn't take long to get wrapped up in this great thread. Everyone is soooo nice.

Long live Jack and Sam and may they live happily ever after.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
            spoilers for s9

sally

sally,

I finally went to bed and it turned out that Joe did, too so I was able to see all his posts and not miss anything!! Hee, hee!! And after I promised not to visit his thread anymore!! Go figure!!

I just saw your post now after some sleep. And I have to say THANK YOU for seeing the bigger picture and you are correct!!! In his seemingly vague and not so promising replies, there are little gems of hope!!

I didn't see mulder and scully's resolution. I stopped watching that show after mulder left that one season. I think I stopped because it was soooo slow to develop and mulder was kind of broody and scully was kind of aloof in her intellectual cocoon. NO OFFENSE to x-file fans. But, although SG=1 has some of those elements: slow ship development, Jack withholds feelings, Sam is incredibly brilliant, and Jack is transferred from SGC, etc. Jack and Sam have substance that make me like them as people. Jack is funny and loyal and honorable. Sam is not above making errors, feeling remorse, kind and a friend to many. So, please TPTB do not do to these two what others say was a horrible resolution to X-files. And I didn't watch JAG but from the series finale summary I read, they served the ship in the last few minutes. That sounded like dumping it out without a good progression to the resolution.

Sorry, I did not get enough sleep and I think I may be rambling.

Anyway, Sally, THERE IS HOPE!!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
              nelllllllllll, you're back. Have a nice sleep?

WELCOME Barb.

It doesn't take long to get wrapped up in this great thread. Everyone is soooo nice.

Long live Jack and Sam and may they live happily ever after.
              divcon,

Thanks! I just replied to majorsal and you tell me if I sound like I got enough sleep!! Hee, hee!!

I included a reference to x-files and that really was a response to you but my sleepy brain got mixed up.

And yes there is hope!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
                sally,

I finally went to bed and it turned out that Joe did, too so I was able to see all his posts and not miss anything!! Hee, hee!! And after I promised not to visit his thread anymore!! Go figure!!

I just saw your post now after some sleep. And I have to say THANK YOU for seeing the bigger picture and you are correct!!! In his seemingly vague and not so promising replies, there are little gems of hope!!

I didn't see mulder and scully's resolution. I stopped watching that show after mulder left that one season. I think I stopped because it was soooo slow to develop and mulder was kind of broody and scully was kind of aloof in her intellectual cocoon. NO OFFENSE to x-file fans. But, although SG=1 has some of those elements: slow ship development, Jack withholds feelings, Sam is incredibly brilliant, and Jack is transferred from SGC, etc. Jack and Sam have substance that make me like them as people. Jack is funny and loyal and honorable. Sam is not above making errors, feeling remorse, kind and a friend to many. So, please TPTB do not do to these two what others say was a horrible resolution to X-files. And I didn't watch JAG but from the series finale summary I read, they served the ship in the last few minutes. That sounded like dumping it out without a good progression to the resolution.

Sorry, I did not get enough sleep and I think I may be rambling.

Anyway, Sally, THERE IS HOPE!!!
                Without even knowing it, you answered exactly as I wanted you to in regards to the X-Files. Hm, maybe I was channelling you so that you'd write the correct thing. I do watch Jag but our programmers down here are useless( Channel 7 has the rights to both JAG and the Stargate franchise), they always fluff around with the shows so we haven't seen the last season of Jag.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Without even knowing it, you answered exactly as I wanted you to in regards to the X-Files. Hm, maybe I was channelling you so that you'd write the correct thing. I do watch Jag but our programmers down here are useless( Channel 7 has the rights to both JAG and the Stargate franchise), they always fluff around with the shows so we haven't seen the last season of Jag.
                  divcon,
                  I apologize! I didn't think about JAG spoilers! BTW, one of the coolest things about this and other SG threads (I was just lurking in RDA/Jack thread!!) is that we have folks from around the world. I pinch myself that I'm talking to you in Australia for crying out loud!!! Our Sam and Jack vibes are across the globe!
                  sigpic

Comment

divcon,
                    I apologize! I didn't think about JAG spoilers! BTW, one of the coolest things about this and other SG threads (I was just lurking in RDA/Jack thread!!) is that we have folks from around the world. I pinch myself that I'm talking to you in Australia for crying out loud!!! Our Sam and Jack vibes are across the globe!
                    Hey, don't worry about spoilers I love them. I keep jumping between here and the RDA/Jack thunk as well.

I know it's surreal to be talking to someone thousands of miles away. I love talking to you guys across the big pond about up coming eps cause it takes forever for us to see them so spoilers are good ESPECIALLY Jack and Sam spoilers. As soon as anything happens I'm sure you'll will start posting along with everyone else and I'm going to start lapping it up.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                    NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

spoilers for s8 and s9

yep!

and remember, rda wanted specifically to have it left open for his return.

some of you guys might wonder why i'm so optimistic about ship... it's because --

a - threads was HUGE for where it put sam and jack! it got rid of obstacles (pete and kerry), and it showed that sam and jack are FINALLY ready to not only admit that they can't run from their feelings, but embrace them!

b - moebius only reaffirmed that sam and jack WILL end up together!

and then, when the season ends and we're feeling a bit letdown because we thought we'd get more....

c - we get hints that there WILL be something going on for them! how hard this must be when one half of the couple won't be on screen.

i'm not expecting big things in season 9, but just the fact that it's not going to be dropped, and just the fact that we won't have to put up with more bfs and gfs...

hope is all we've got, and we're getting hints that things aren't over. my biggest fantasty (besides SEEING sam and jack romantically involved) is having them get married.... and i'll tell you, shippers, i still have hope that might happen someday. i have hope. not rose colored hope, or clinging desperation hope, but real, bona fide hope.

sally
                      Sally, I love your optimism - and I share it.

I think the S/J story is a long way from complete - and I think tptb know that too. Some of Joe's answers to shippy questions and other articles I've read from ptb have given me real hope that they haven't abandoned this storyline - despite the obvious difficulties for next season.

Let's look at the facts:

Spoiler:
                      They went fishing!!!! (And we all agreed they were there and settled on that dock long before Teal'c and Daniel showed up )

We know there will be no "boyfriends" for Sam, despite the recurrence of characters like Agent Barrett cos Joe told us that directly.

RDA has left the show with the request to leave it open for a return of Jack.

I do believe that tptb short changed us with the way they left the ship hanging at the end of S8, knowing full well RDA wouldn't be back for S9. But I won't let that small detail (OK, rather HUGE detail ) ruin my hopes for the future. I know I've said this before, but I like to repeat it , before SG-1 ends for good, I trust that tptb will give us a shippy resolution to Sam & Jack's relationship. Or rather, a shippy continuing of Sam & Jack's relationship.
                      sigpic

Comment

I think Peter DeLuise's appearances are like Martin Wood's - they put in a little cameo on each show they direct.

PDL went one further in S5's Threshold - the camera goes to the observation window and in the reflection you see Teal'c lying in his bed - and PDL's initials lit up in candles!
                        sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s9

it would have been IMPOSSIBLE given the military regs.... and now, VERY DIFFICULT given that rick is no longer working on the show. joe didn't say impossilbe again, just about it being very difficult because rick's not around anymore.

i'm telling you, shippers, this is good news for us! i'm 99.99 percent sure we'll see jack/rda again, so maybe that's where we'll see our BIG shippy scenes of them BEING TOGETHER romantically! it's something to look forward to! and remember, joe had said a bit ago about 'allusions' to things... we might just have to wait until rda returns to SEE some of it.

sally
                          Sally, as usuall your post made me feel alot better.

I only read Joe's reply as - yeah, we like the controvery it has stirred up and so sorry for you that you are a shipper cause it ain't gonna happen". It made me wish I had never even asked the question!!!! But now you've given me hope.

Hurry up and wait....

Comment

Hi guys, this is how I would love a scene from Avalon go. Forgive me if it's a bit long but it's my first fic and I thought I'd post it here amongst other shippers. Please let me know what you think.

With another breif kiss Jack sent Sam back to her lab with both of them thinking of the night to come.

*********************************************************

Well there it is. Please tell me what you think. I'd really like to know how I did for my first time. Be kind please but I would appreciate constructive critisism.
                            Wowee!!! divcon, I'm glad I scrolled back because I missed this the other day! Go girl!
                            sigpic

Comment

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/ I've pondered about what the 15 year age difference between Sam and Jack would look like when she enters her 50's. That would place Jack around 70!! Well, I was at Barnes and Noble the other evening and saw the recent issue of Architectural Digest. I think this is my peek into the future.

Senator John McCain, 69, is a retired Naval officer and pilot. He saw action in Vietnam and was taken prisoner of war for many years. His wife is approximately 12-15 years younger. He's a tall, solidly built, and take- charge man with a great sense of humor and she is a lovely, bright woman. They are parents of 7 children. The oldest is an adult; I don't know the age of the younger kids but maybe teens.

See the link for their portrait on the cover. I checked FAQ but I was unable to figure how to post a link to the website. I think it's worth your time to copy and paste to see it. Tell me what you think!! nell

http://www.architecturaldigest.com/
                              Hi Shippers,
                              Yes, I quoted my own quote!!! You really have to see the magazine cover and tell me what you think!

p.s. I don't know how to post links so you'll have to copy and paste the address to get there! Sorry, I read the FAQ but no help.
                              sigpic

Comment

Wowee!!! divcon, I'm glad I scrolled back because I missed this the other day! Go girl!

Thanks nell. I've since written two more parts to that fic. Just to finish up what I wanted to say. They're very much conversation fics so I'm not sure whether I should post them or if it was enough just to get them down on paper. Plus I've looked on the GW fanfic page and it says to save your fic as text only and I can't seem to do that. My computer keep throwing up these messages(can't remember them now) and not letting me do it. Oh well. maybe it's a sign.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Working...
                                X