This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sum1
    My questions are next on the list so hopefully he will get to them tonight. I'm hoping it's taking a while because he's thinking up some nice, detailed answers.
    I am praying for a nice "sweet" shipper answer

Comment

I got my question answered but unfortunately I didn't ask about Jack and Sam. I don't think he likes to answer those questions, maybe because this thread is the one " who coplains all the time" We don't complain all the time we just voice our concerns. How hard is it just to give us a happy shippy ending. Gee, film RDA in LA and film AT in Canada or fly AT to LA and fim them both there that way RDA won't have to be away from Wylie for any length of time. Come on, one scene is all we ask for, just to give us closure and something else for our hearts to beat a little faster at.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
      NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

spoilers for s9

Originally posted by nell
        gatebee, Like you I've been following Joe's postings this a.m. BUT, I am steadfast in my opinion that there is some hope!!! A little bit of hope! Like he said, "Rick isn't on the show anymore." But, let's see what they do with that challenge.
        i'm going to c/p the q and a here --

[QUOTE=getcarter]Hi Joe,

I've only been watching Stargate since season 7, (and promptly bought all the DVD's to catch up) but I was attracted to the show simply because it's a great show. I also enjoy the tension between Jack and Sam. Do you or others ever regret bringing that element into the show, since it seems to be a point of contention among shippers and anti's alike?

(joe)
        - Nope.

As a shipper I have thoroughly depressed myself by reading this thread but I digress....I guess my real question is - what is the big deal with just letting Jack and Sam be together?

(joe)
        - It would have been impossible given current military regs - and now, very difficult given that Rick is no longer working on the show.

i love these answers!

first off, they don't regret doing the sam/jack thang, even though it's gotten a bit crazy at times.

and secondly... read, VERY CAREFULLY, what joe said in his second response...

it would have been IMPOSSIBLE given the military regs.... and now, VERY DIFFICULT given that rick is no longer working on the show. joe didn't say impossilbe again, just about it being very difficult because rick's not around anymore.

i'm telling you, shippers, this is good news for us! i'm 99.99 percent sure we'll see jack/rda again, so maybe that's where we'll see our BIG shippy scenes of them BEING TOGETHER romantically! it's something to look forward to! and remember, joe had said a bit ago about 'allusions' to things... we might just have to wait until rda returns to SEE some of it.

joe's quote on allusions - "Needless to say that with the cast changes this year, any mention of a possible Jack-Sam relationship would be limited to off-screen allusions." - from post #1151

What upsets me though is he described a certain fan segment who complain and whine and cannot be satisfied. Guess who he's speaking of?
        it's not us, i can guarantee you that. (please believe me; i know who he's talking about)

sally
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I don't know if I've told you or not Gatebee but I absolutly LOVE your sig. Did you do it yourself as well as your Avatar? My daughters love seeing them everytime they come across them as well.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
            I got my question answered but unfortunately I didn't ask about Jack and Sam. I don't think he likes to answer those questions, maybe because this thread is the one " who coplains all the time" We don't complain all the time we just voice our concerns. How hard is it just to give us a happy shippy ending. Gee, film RDA in LA and film AT in Canada or fly AT to LA and fim them both there that way RDA won't have to be away from Wylie for any length of time. Come on, one scene is all we ask for, just to give us closure and something else for our hearts to beat a little faster at.
            I think the reason they cannot do that is funding .... the bottom line ...$$$$$

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal

it's not us, i can guarantee you that. (please believe me; i know who he's talking about)

sally
              I'm so glad they are not refering to us here in J/S ship land because as I previously stated we don't complain, we voice our concerns.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

[QUOTE=majorsal]spoilers for s9

i'm going to c/p the q and a here --

Originally posted by getcarter
                Hi Joe,

I've only been watching Stargate since season 7, (and promptly bought all the DVD's to catch up) but I was attracted to the show simply because it's a great show. I also enjoy the tension between Jack and Sam. Do you or others ever regret bringing that element into the show, since it seems to be a point of contention among shippers and anti's alike?

(joe)
                - Nope.

As a shipper I have thoroughly depressed myself by reading this thread but I digress....I guess my real question is - what is the big deal with just letting Jack and Sam be together?

(joe)
                - It would have been impossible given current military regs - and now, very difficult given that Rick is no longer working on the show.
                Originally posted by getcarter

i love these answers!

first off, they don't regret doing the sam/jack thang, even though it's gotten a bit crazy at times.

and secondly... read, VERY CAREFULLY, what joe said in his second response...

it would have been IMPOSSIBLE given the military regs.... and now, VERY DIFFICULT given that rick is no longer working on the show. joe didn't say impossilbe again, just about it being very difficult because rick's not around anymore.

i'm telling you, shippers, this is good news for us! i'm 99.99 percent sure we'll see jack/rda again, so maybe that's where we'll see our BIG shippy scenes of them BEING TOGETHER romantically! it's something to look forward to! and remember, joe had said a bit ago about 'allusions' to things... we might just have to wait until rda returns to SEE some of it.

joe's quote on allusions - "Needless to say that with the cast changes this year, any mention of a possible Jack-Sam relationship would be limited to off-screen allusions." - from post #1151

sally
                I do believe it is not us. As for Joe's "allusions" and your "99.99%", I am hoping and praying that you are right. But I think we will have to wait when the whole series ends before we will get any wedding bells a ringing.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                  I think the reason they cannot do that is funding .... the bottom line ...$$$$$
                  But RDA back on our screens is worth any amount of money. Let's start up a 'BRING BACK JACK FUND' and help them raise some much need funds to make it happen.(HE HE says the woman scraping money together for dinner tonight.)

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                  NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Maybe in the season finale since those are generally big episodes with important events and recurring characters like Lost City, for example. Hammond, Davis, Apophis, and Kawalsky came back for Moebius, Skaara for Full Circle, etc. They want season finales to be big with big ratings to attract people for next season, and briging RDA back would definetely do that.

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                      But RDA back on our screens is worth any amount of money. Let's start up a 'BRING BACK JACK FUND' and help them raise some much need funds to make it happen.(HE HE says the woman scraping money together for dinner tonight.)
                      rlol ... "scarping money". Ya the budget for SG1 is not like the budget of other tv shows in regular primetime. Sci-fi is a cable show.

Comment

spoilers for s8 and s9

Maybe in the season finale since those are generally big episodes with important events and recurring characters like Lost City, for example. Hammond, Davis, Apophis, and Kawalsky came back for Moebius, Skaara for Full Circle, etc. They want season finales to be big with big ratings to attract people for next season, and briging RDA back would definetely do that.
                        yep!

and remember, rda wanted specifically to have it left open for his return.

some of you guys might wonder why i'm so optimistic about ship... it's because --

a - threads was HUGE for where it put sam and jack! it got rid of obstacles (pete and kerry), and it showed that sam and jack are FINALLY ready to not only admit that they can't run from their feelings, but embrace them!

b - moebius only reaffirmed that sam and jack WILL end up together!

and then, when the season ends and we're feeling a bit letdown because we thought we'd get more....

c - we get hints that there WILL be something going on for them! how hard this must be when one half of the couple won't be on screen.

i'm not expecting big things in season 9, but just the fact that it's not going to be dropped, and just the fact that we won't have to put up with more bfs and gfs...

hope is all we've got, and we're getting hints that things aren't over. my biggest fantasty (besides SEEING sam and jack romantically involved) is having them get married.... and i'll tell you, shippers, i still have hope that might happen someday. i have hope. not rose colored hope, or clinging desperation hope, but real, bona fide hope.

sally
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

As long as they don't do an 'X-File' on us. I felt that that episode ( in regards to the Mulder and Scully ship) was atrocious. I was left will a great deal of dissappointment after I watched that finale.

I'd also love to see Hammond come back.DC sits and lets her imagination run wild for a moment. Maybe Hammond could have become a celebrant ( In Australia they can marry people without being attached to a church. Just in case you weren't sure), and he could come back at the request of Jack and Sam to marry them.

OK i'm back now, what just happened, went off into dreamworld. Oh well.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                          NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

It's been almost an hour since Joe answered the question before mine and no response yet. According to the main page he's still on - maybe he's just taking an extended bathroom break... but the waiting is killing me.

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                              spoilers for s8 and s9

yep!

and remember, rda wanted specifically to have it left open for his return.

some of you guys might wonder why i'm so optimistic about ship... it's because --

a - threads was HUGE for where it put sam and jack! it got rid of obstacles (pete and kerry), and it showed that sam and jack are FINALLY ready to not only admit that they can't run from their feelings, but embrace them!

b - moebius only reaffirmed that sam and jack WILL end up together!

and then, when the season ends and we're feeling a bit letdown because we thought we'd get more....

c - we get hints that there WILL be something going on for them! how hard this must be when one half of the couple won't be on screen.

i'm not expecting big things in season 9, but just the fact that it's not going to be dropped, and just the fact that we won't have to put up with more bfs and gfs...

hope is all we've got, and we're getting hints that things aren't over. my biggest fantasty (besides SEEING sam and jack romantically involved) is having them get married.... and i'll tell you, shippers, i still have hope that might happen someday. i have hope. not rose colored hope, or clinging desperation hope, but real, bona fide hope.

sally
                              Sal, you're not alone, we're all optimistic about the Jack and Sam outcome.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

It's been almost an hour since Joe answered the question before mine and no response yet. According to the main page he's still on - maybe he's just taking an extended bathroom break... but the waiting is killing me.

Looks like JM has gone to bed. Has everyone else done the same?

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Working...
                                X