X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threads
    Spoiler:

SHANAHAN: I knew from the beginning. Guess I just thought when you said yes that ... (He sighs and trails off, then looks at Sam.) You were worth the risk. Don't say I deserve better. Can't get much better than you.

CARTER: That's not true.

SHANAHAN: I wish I could believe this had something to do with your father -- you needed some time to just work things out. I guess all I can say is: I hope you get what you want.
    I thought Pete meant he knew there was another man from the beginning. I don't know if he was guessing it iwas O'Neill. Pete, however, was willing to take the risk of winning her over although he couldn't believe he had a snow ball's chance in hell. Instead he hoped against hope that she was just stressed out over the death of her father and needed space thus breaking off the engagement. But, he realizes that it isn't and he doesn't stand that snow ball's chance and resigns himself to losing her; he doesn't even put up a fight. That's what she was expecting although I don't think Sam would have changed her mind. His not fighting for her love just reinforced that he didn't fully love her anymore than she didn't love him.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by nell
      Threads
      Spoiler:

SHANAHAN: I knew from the beginning. Guess I just thought when you said yes that ... (He sighs and trails off, then looks at Sam.) You were worth the risk. Don't say I deserve better. Can't get much better than you.

SHANAHAN: I wish I could believe this had something to do with your father -- you needed some time to just work things out. I guess all I can say is: I hope you get what you want.
      I thought Pete meant he knew there was another man from the beginning. I don't know if he was guessing it iwas O'Neill. Pete, however, was willing to take the risk of winning her over although he couldn't believe he had a snow ball's chance in hell. Instead he hoped against hope that she was just stressed out over the death of her father and needed space thus breaking off the engagement. But, he realizes that it isn't and he doesn't stand that snow ball's chance and resigns himself to losing her; he doesn't even put up a fight. That's what she was expecting although I don't think Sam would have changed her mind. His not fighting for her love just reinforced that he didn't fully love her anymore than she didn't love him.

*vehement nodding* YEP YEP YEP! What nell said!
      "ALWAYS"

"You know love. It's a strange and mysterious... thing..." - Jack "Sacrifices"

SAM/JACK for sg1
      and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

Sorry, I clicked the submit button instead of the preview button; my post was incomplete. I meant to have an intro to the spoiler but I guess you can figure it out.
        sigpic

Comment

spoilers for s7 and s8 (pete discussed)

Originally posted by pittsburghgirl

all of season 8-they didn't mean it-there was nothing-absolutely nothing-and as for Sam having concerns about Pete-that was a big goose egg-casn anybody pinpoint an episode-a scene in an episode where Sam had second thoughts about Pete-and not-the hallway scene in Threads doesn't count. she was already wearing a hole in the floor before we knew who was getting off the elevator.
          eps/scenes where i saw sam's doubts about pete:

chimera - the dancing scene. then everthing after he went super spy on her. (except for the end scene)

new order(s) - her so-so reaction when talking about pete with teal'c. not believing for one single moment that she'd end up with pete, living on a farm in montana.

affinity - the entire bloody episode was one giant sam-doubts-pete experience. and her less than enthusiastic acceptance at the end... i think she'd show more excitement if she'd just lowered her car insurance.

threads - again, loaded with sam doubts concerning pete.

i know this is just personal opinion, but i feel pretty good about what we've gotten. the only thing i'd change is getting some 'romance' scenes between them. we might not get those romance scenes in season 9, but i do believe we'll get 'something' that sam and jack are in 'something'.

don't lose hope, shippers!

sally
          sally

sigpic

Comment

...and shipper cookies for everyone!

ship sistah

ship = , no ship = , AU Martouf =

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest
              I'm happy they gave Sam someone who couldn't even compare with Jack!
              that is definitely another way of looking at it. and i like it!

sally
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Threads
                Spoiler:

So right Nell, that's how I saw it as well. He finaly realised that Sam didn't love him the way he wanted her to. I think he did know it was Jack, I mean who couldn't see the chemistry between the two of them. Thankfully after all the torture tptb put us through by making us watch them, they didn't drag it out any further by having stick around to fight to keep Sam. That would of been just the worse type of icing on an already decaying cake.

I would of had to scratch my eyes out if I had to watch any more of them together when all I wanted was for Jack to step up to the plate and let Sam know how he really felt. I know that after Charlie died he locked his heart up but I think it started to thaw in "Children of the Gods" when he met Sam in the breifing room prior to the return visit to Abydos when she stood up to both him and Kawalski.

Hopefully tptb will grow some brain cells and give us all the relationship that these two people deserve. How many times can they watch each other die or dissappear before they finally admit what is in their hearts..

*bangs head on desk at the woefull state of the relationship*

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal
                  spoilers for s7 and s8 (pete discussed)

don't lose hope, shippers!

sally
                  I agree with you. I am not losing my hope! TPTB may be incredibly slow and dense about RST but I have to admit begrudgingly that, before Season 8
                  Spoiler:
                  This time last year I was all worked up with little to no shippy hopes. Yeah, and indeed they gave us dribs and drabs but when I saw Threads followed by Moebius 1&2, I was very surprised at how much ship there was. I admit, it was subtle and vague. Like Jack once asked the Tollans applies to TPTB, " Do you practice being vague?" Well, TPTB have honed vague to a fine art. But, if that's all they gave me, I, romantic fool that I am, gobbled it up.

I believe that Sam and Jack are at a, *ehem,* higher plane of affection by the time they hit the dock of Jack's lake!!! I really believe that there will be something in Season 9 for me to gobble up and hope for something bigger and better at some future date.

Now if I'm wrong, be kind cause I'll be crashing and burning anyway!!! Stupid TPTB!!!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by divcon
                    *bangs head on desk at the woefull state of the relationship*
                    Aaaw, lol, don't worry, divcon! I think we all (a) feel exactly the same way and (b) have at least a little hope

...gosh.. i feel like leia or obi-wan! MY ONLY HOPE!!! lolz

Nite, all! Shippy dreams
                    "ALWAYS"

SAM/JACK for sg1
                    and though i promised myself i wouldn't ship for atlantis.... PROUD SHWEIR SHIPPER

Comment

I agree with you. I am not losing my hope! TPTB may be incredibly slow and dense about RST but I have to admit begrudgingly that, before Season 8
                      Spoiler:
                      This time last year I was all worked up with little to no shippy hopes. Yeah, and indeed they gave us dribs and drabs but when I saw Threads followed by Moebius 1&2, I was very surprised at how much ship there was. I admit, it was subtle and vague. Like Jack once asked the Tollans applies to TPTB, " Do you practice being vague?" Well, TPTB have honed vague to a fine art. But, if that's all they gave me, I, romantic fool that I am, gobbled it up.

I believe that Sam and Jack are at a, *ehem,* higher plane of affection by the time they hit the dock of Jack's lake!!! I really believe that there will be something in Season 9 for me to gobble up and hope for something bigger and better at some future date.

Now if I'm wrong, be kind cause I'll be crashing and burning anyway!!! Stupid TPTB!!!
                      No reason to be kind (except that it's our way). You're right!!!!! I believe it too!

Comment

I just broke my "no more Joe thread" rule. He's posting now and he replied to majorsal. As usual, VAGUE.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forums as a poster though I've lurked for a while (also on this thread) and just wanted to drop in to say hello. Oh, another Peter DeLuise cameo was in "Descent". He's the navy lieutenant that comes into the ship after it crashes with Jonas and Teal'c and says "Yes sir!" when Jonas tells him to leave.

Comment

Welcome, Sum1!

Comment

hi there Sum1, have fun everyone here is so kind to us newbies. Only been here for about a week. Jump in and post as much or as little as you want. I've found that whatever opinion you post someone will answer you and they won't berate you if your opinion is different to theirs'.

Once again all I can say is HAVE FUN with your postings.

TOGETHER FOREVER,
                              NEVER TO BE TORN APART

Comment

WELCOME, Sum1!!!
                                "ALWAYS"

SAM/JACK for sg1

Comment

Working...
                                X